The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Question about the Spoilers from this season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

12-13-05, 09:47 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Question about the Spoilers from this season"
I will never go to the spoiler section. I have in the past and have found out things I did not want to know. The next season may be taping already and I don't want to spoil anything.

I was wondering if the spoiler sites had the final two correct and for how long did they have this correct? This season was strange because two players not originally on the list joined up. Did the spoilers know Steph and Bobby Jon were on this season before we all did?

Any help here would be great because I am not going to the spoiler section.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Question about the Spoilers fro... PepeLePew13 12-13-05 1
 RE: Question about the Spoilers fro... LionChow 12-13-05 2
   RE: Question about the Spoilers fro... Wacko Jacko 12-13-05 3
       RE: Question about the Spoilers fro... LionChow 12-14-05 5
 Love speculation, don't care for th... tamarama 12-13-05 4
   RE: Love speculation, don't care fo... Wacko Jacko 12-14-05 6
   RE: Love speculation, don't care fo... aquariaqueen 12-15-05 7
       RE: Love speculation, don't care fo... oz4ever 12-15-05 8
           RE: Love speculation, don't care fo... byoffer 12-15-05 9
               RE: Love speculation, don't care fo... oz4ever 12-15-05 10

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Question about the Spoilers from this season"
The spoilers knew a month ahead of time that it was Bobby Jon and Stephenie joining the cast -- the average viewer were aware there were "two returning contestants" but not who.

The final two was never truly spoiled until about 2 weeks before the finale -- ToothOfTime spoiled that Danni would be the winner of the final IC and would take Stephenie, but many still had some doubts about the actual winner or whether Rafe would be in the final two.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-13-05, 02:00 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Question about the Spoilers from this season"
It's also worth noting that Veruca Salt (and her talented cohorts), who work off of nothing but the editing of the show, had pegged virtually all of the long-term players (Danni, Steph, Rafe, Cindy) well in advance of the finale.

They have a thread in Spoilers that is fascinating reading for the Survivor nut in you. Veruca even had picked steph and Danni as her final two very early on. It's incredible how well she reads into MB's editing.

If you ever have a decent amount of free time, go back and read through the "thread of threads" that comprise this season's work.

Great stuff.

12-13-05, 02:46 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Question about the Spoilers from this season"
Yes, but come on. You gotta believe there are Survivor leaks and a lot of that goes into things. My wife said she heard Danni was one of the final two...this was in the first or second week of the show. When something is taped so far in advance it is highly possible that one of the hundreds of people working on the show leaked something. Some people say it is their Sherlock Holmes skills but I gotta believe most of the spoiling is based on leaks. I avoid the spoiler more because of the leaks then I do for the spoiling aspect.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-14-05, 10:56 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Question about the Spoilers from this season"
Yes, there are certainly leaks out there that make the spoiling easy at times. ChillOne ruined a whole season for me and the famous Snewser is nothing more than somebody with a really good source - but not so much a true spoiler. However, I firmly believe that Veruca is legit. She's been doing this for a long time and is uncannily good at it. This season she made her (correct) call on a vast majority of the long term players after the first episode, and she gives great detail on exactly why she feels the way she does, and it's all based on the editing. She's the real deal!

After the ChillOne season, I avoided the Spoiler board like the plague because it took all the fun out of it, but over the last couple of seasons, I've been drawn back just to read VS's thread. I go in, read her thread and then get out and hope that none of the other Spoiler posters has gone and started a thread with a giveaway title ("Danni wins...guaranteed!") that catches my eye. Most all of the posters there are very good about not putting real spoiler content in the title, so that's rarely a problem.

So I totally agree with your desire to avoid the spoilers... I just have a thing for Veruca's powers of observation. She's amazing.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

12-13-05, 03:17 PM (EST)
4. "Love speculation, don't care for the spoilers."
I gotta agree with you, Jacko, regarding staying away from the spoiler threads completely.

I first came on these boards during Amazon, and was fascinated by all the spoilers. (I think that was the famous ChillOne year, yes?)

As seasons went by, I found out that I enjoy the show more if I don't 'know' who's going to the end -- I like to be surprised. I like to hold out hope that someone will pull off a major change-up.

HOWEVER, I still love to speculate. I love Veruca's editing thread mentioned above. And when I've gone into spoilers JUST to read that thread -- trying to avoid Uncle Cameraman's Neice...I still end up seeing more than I want to. So I've been staying away.

*sigh* At least I get more work done now.

I kinda wish there were two seperate threads -- spoilers and speculation. Don't know if that's feasable for the mods though -- there's already so much Survivor traffic.

12-14-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Love speculation, don't care for the spoilers."
Leaks are more common then these spoilers will admit. What I believe they do is get a leak....then they bid a case for that leak threw spoiling. The closest I have ever been to a contestent on any of these reality shows is being a friend of a friend of a contestent (but not Survivor). My friend told me that he knew all along his friend did not win. If this one contestent is leaking to friends regardless of a signed statement I believe information is getting out there.

aquariaqueen 2616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

12-15-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Love speculation, don't care for the spoilers."
I started reading the spoilers, and found that I didn't enjoy the show. I rather watch the show for what it is.

This season was especially good for me, because it wasn't as obvious this season as to whom was getting snuffed out.

Overall, this was one of the best seasons for me in a LONG time.

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-15-05, 04:38 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Love speculation, don't care for the spoilers."
I also found that playing all the predictive games on this board can indicate towards spoilers - when I was playing at the beginning of the season, by looking at other people's entries it became pretty obvious who was going to get booted. So I had to start making entries without reading other entries because I didn't want to spoil the results for myself. Naturally I went very bad in all of the games, because I was merely guessing the answers. I don't know whether I'll bother with the games next season.

And a Tooheys New Year!

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-15-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love speculation, don't care for the spoilers."
I stay out of Spoilers, except occassionally during the off season. I peeked yesterday, and they already have too much info on the next season. Amazing.

This is the first season I played the games, and I found the same thing Oz mentions, that by looking at the others' picks I could guess as to who the spoilers were picking to go. The off-season games are safer I guess!!

Anyway Oz, I guess we both made our best educated guesses, and you beat me in the PTB Mayan Mirror game!! Must be because of the delay in airing the shows there

Sig by me. Wish the rider was me!

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

12-15-05, 05:10 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love speculation, don't care for the spoilers."
LOL, I was actually trying to go badly in PTB towards the end, I was challenging whoami for the red ink - unfortunately didn't turn out the way I planned. What happened with the final 4 was that I picked all the bootees based on what I would have liked to see happen - and only Lydia got booted at #3 as per my picks. Oh and I kept getting alll these extra points because from about the time of the merge, I was able to correctly pick the first confessional every week. Had I not done that, I may have been able to drop lower. Whoami obviously knows who is getting booted and picks adversely for the joy of winning red ink. I was just trying to pick actual winners and svcked at it.

And a Tooheys New Year!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •