The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sean's buddy....and a question??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Connie E 117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sean's buddy....and a question??"
Does anyone know why everyone else had immediate family to come for the challenge, but Sean had a good buddy? Please don't tell me he's an orphan, or I could come close to feeling sympathy for him......he's my survivor I really love to hate, so that would be awful!!!! Didn't he say something during the show about "not getting to see his mama?"
Does anyone know how the family members were chosen?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sean's buddy....and a question?... PagongRatEater 05-10-02 1
   RE: Sean's buddy....and a question?... Ra_8secs 05-10-02 2
       RE: Sean's buddy....and a question?... JeffGator 05-10-02 3
           RE: Sean's buddy....and a question?... LionChow 05-10-02 4
               RE: Sean's buddy....and a question?... smiles 05-12-02 5
                   RE: Sean's buddy....and a question?... PepeLePew13 05-13-02 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-10-02, 12:42 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Sean's buddy....and a question??"
My guess, and this IS a guess, is that his mom was the first choice, but for whatever reason - health, work, schedule - she could not come. Too bad his buddy took out Leander though - looked like he had the best chance to win at that point.

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Sean's buddy....and a question??"
One would assume Sean's Mom, whom he and friend referred to, just couldn't make it somehow.

It was fun how there were mutliple shots of Sean not wanting to have any part of deciding who to pick off - to piss off. That's the smrkingly evil part of MB's little game, how every chance he can, TC, challenge, anything, somebody's ox gets gored.

I guess it's called tension or suspense in producer-ese.

and hugs and sunshine for all, Ra

JeffGator 1401 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-10-02, 02:54 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Sean's buddy....and a question??"
I felt so bad for Sean! You could see how embarrassed he was that his friend had to pick who was eliminated. And I really wanted Vee to win the RC because it was her fiance for goodness sake and she hadn't seen him in over a month. Atleast MB let the contestants hug their visitors, I thought he was going to just send them away. That would have been so cruel.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-10-02, 03:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Sean's buddy....and a question??"
>Atleast MB let the contestants
>hug their visitors, I thought
>he was going to just
>send them away. That
>would have been so cruel.
>

That's exactly what I was thinking, too. How totally MB-ish to fly these people all the way to the island, let the Survivors see them and wave hi, but then send off the losers without any contact or even a chance to really speak. I was sort of cringing watching what would happen when the first one got knocked out. It would've been a horrible mind game.

So MB has a heart after all (I hear the theme song to the Grinch playing somewhere off in the distance).

smiles 675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-12-02, 07:45 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Sean's buddy....and a question??"
Well this RC was much better than the video or the lame email chat.

Is Sean's mom elderly? If she is that might be a good reason as to why she didn't make the trip.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-02, 08:17 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Sean's buddy....and a question??"

>Is Sean's mom elderly? If she is that might be
>a good reason as to why she didn't make the
>trip.

Sean's only 30 so I can't see his mom being older than in her 50's or perhaps in her 60's -- my best guess is as what's already said above... a scheduling conflict with work or something like that so she couldn't come. I know that his father's out of the picture and I haven't heard any talk about a brother or sister.

I'm thinking that they all signed some sort of sheet before the show listing in order of who they wanted to come if an opportunity presented itself to send someone into the show. Kathy's divorced so her most precious person in her life is her son. Vee and Pappy goes without saying, Robert and Neleh are single so they picked those closest to themselves (sister and mom, respectively) so that leaves Sean. Considering that he's a teacher in L.A. while his hometown is in Harlem, it may have been much easier from a logistical standpoint to bring Sean's buddy in L.A. instead of another buddy or some distant relative in Harlem.

GO HABS!
"I'm the General and that's that."
Robert DeCanio, April 11/02

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •