The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Do We Have a Set DAte For the Finale?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

curtisknewyork 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

02-08-04, 11:52 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Do We Have a Set DAte For the Finale?"
Thanks in advance

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Do We Have a Set DAte For the F... dabo 02-09-04 1
 final TC format change? big idiot 02-09-04 2
   RE: final TC format change? JohnMc 02-09-04 3
       RE: final TC format change? MourC 02-09-04 4
           RE: final TC format change? JohnMc 02-09-04 6
               RE: final TC format change? Brownroach 02-09-04 7
                   RE: final TC format change? dabo 02-09-04 8
                       RE: final TC format change? Brownroach 02-09-04 9
                           RE: final TC format change? dabo 02-09-04 11
                   RE: final TC format change? JohnMc 02-09-04 10
 RE: Do We Have a Set DAte For the F... Griffe 02-09-04 5
   RE: Do We Have a Set DAte For the F... dabo 02-10-04 12
   3 episodes in May sweeps AyaK 02-10-04 13
       RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps PepeLePew13 02-10-04 14
           RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps dabo 02-10-04 15
               RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps PepeLePew13 02-11-04 16
                   RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps dabo 02-11-04 17
                   RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps Round Robin 02-11-04 18
                       RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps Brownroach 02-11-04 19
                           Let's do the math JohnMc 02-11-04 20
                               RE: Let's do the math Round Robin 02-13-04 21
 From SNN: May 9 udg 02-22-04 22

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-09-04, 00:23 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Do We Have a Set DAte For the Finale?"
Not that I've heard. It is curious that this Survivor won't stretch into May sweeps under the current schedule, with only 13 or 14 episodes.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

big idiot 193 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-09-04, 02:59 AM (EST)
2. "final TC format change?"
I was just thinking today if a final episode twist may be that instead of a final two, there is a final three that goes up for jury vote. Apologies if this has been discussed somewhere.

That would mess with strategies pretty good.

From a production standpoint, you don't need all that reminiscing of fallen survivors with the all-stars. So perhaps have a final episode with 5 or 6 survivors left and a final 3 to be voted by jury.

Evidence for (weak):
1) "we've saved all the big twists for the all-stars"
2) 18 survivors with only "one climax per episode", that means there could be a final 5 or 6 instead of a final 4.

Evidence against:
1) amber/rob final two rumors
2) Probst saying that they stuck to the original concept

And biggest problem: that would leave 6 voters on jury, with possibility of a tie and someone being the sole survivor with only 3 votes.

So, quite doubtful i guess.

BI

JohnMc 2679 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

02-09-04, 10:44 AM (EST)
3. "RE: final TC format change?"
If you have a final 3 being picked for the million (an idea that I don't really believe, but I've been wrong on LOTS of spoiler beliefs before), then it would make sense to still have 7 people on the jury.

If you have a final 2, then you have to have 7 to prevent a tie. With 3 in the final you can have a 3-3-0 tie or a 2-2-2 tie. Having 7 people would still mean that there can be no tie. That would mean that everyone on the "traditional" merge would be on the jury.

(personal note - that's always been one thing that bothered me about all the previous series. The person that comes in 10th place makes the merge but not the jury, like Shii Ann or Rob M. That would have to be incredibly disappointing!)

MourC 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-09-04, 11:55 AM (EST)
4. "RE: final TC format change?"
even with 7 there can still be a 3-3-1 tie for first, i highly doubt there would be a 3 people finale

02-09-04, 02:20 PM (EST)
6. "RE: final TC format change?"
While there can be a 3-3-1 tie to begin with, that tie can be broken fairly easily. You still have to have 7 and not 6.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-09-04, 02:24 PM (EST)
7. "RE: final TC format change?"
But if they have a live finale, Jiffy would have to have a live revote at the finale.

02-09-04, 02:31 PM (EST)
8. "RE: final TC format change?"
jiffy was live at the S7 reunion which would have been day 40 of S8 shoot.

02-09-04, 02:35 PM (EST)
9. "RE: final TC format change?"
No sure what you mean, Dabo, but ASS wrapped up a few days before the S7 finale, I believe. After all, Rupert was at the S7 finale too.

02-09-04, 03:03 PM (EST)
11. "RE: final TC format change?"
ok, consider that a brain fart

jiffy hosted S8, jiffy hosted S7, jiffy was live for S7 finale in LA, s8 had to be wrapped up before then (except for live finale stuff); ...

ergo, the final TC vote for s8 was decided before the broadcast of the conclusion of S7. It may have been sealed and unrevealed at the time, but the final decision was certainly made by then.

02-09-04, 02:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: final TC format change?"
nah, they'd know that ahead of time. It might get out that there was a revote, but no one has to know the winner.

(still being hypothetical, because I still think that most of this show is still intact.)

Griffe 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-09-04, 12:09 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Do We Have a Set DAte For the Finale?"
They haven't announced a Finale date but originally Mark Burnett had announced 14 episodes and had said Survivor would end before the Friends' finale. Then a week or two ago, Les Moonves announced that they would be putting up a new episode opposite of Friends which presumably isn't the Survivor Finale so most likely Survivor would now have 16 episodes with one of them being a recap.

Channel 5 Mediacorp in Asia usually airs Survivor the day after the USA and they have on their website that the Finale is on Monday, May 10th so probably the USA one will be on Sunday, May 9th.

02-10-04, 11:13 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Do We Have a Set DAte For the Finale?"
Woo-Hoo! So, Survivor-AS should last into May sweeps after all, it makes perfect sense.

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 06:14 PM (EST)
13. "3 episodes in May sweeps"
Thanks, Griffe.

Yeah, 16 episodes is what I expected (and scheduled for summaries). This would put 3 episodes in May sweeps: April 29 (the first day of May sweeps), May 6 and the May 9 finale.

I also don't know how Burnett gets 16 episodes without a recap, but his anti-recap comments in S7 lead me to believe that he does it somehow....

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

02-10-04, 11:44 PM (EST)
14. "RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps"
Brownroach has suggested here that one possible scenario might be that Episodes 3 and 4 are stretched out over a normal 3-day period in Survivor time with the big storyline of Jenna's departure taking up a big chunk of time.

If this is what happens, we could be seeing a dragged out version of RC and the decision process being done by Jenna this week, and then in next week's episode we'd get some reaction from the other tribes to the news in the early part before proceeding on to the IC and then a TC.

This would help stretch it out to 16 episodes without needing a recrap.

02-10-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps"
Yep, but it was still a 39-day shoot, 13 3-day cycles. Breaking episode 3 into two parts only gets it to 14 episodes. There has to be another twist or two to get it to 15 or 16.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

02-11-04, 00:01 AM (EST)
16. "RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps"
Considering there's 14 boots and/or quittings (including the Jenna drama) to get to the final four, it makes sense there's 16 episodes accounted for right there if we buy into the 3 days being stretched out over episodes 3 and 4.

I wonder if EPMB had scheduled for a 42 or 45 day shooting period but it conveniently got shortened to 39 days with Jenna (and maybe one other person) quitting?

We'll know more after this week's and next week's episodes, I guess.

02-11-04, 00:14 AM (EST)
17. "RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps"
Had to have been planned for 39, I would think. He had originally intended the live reunion for S7 to take place in Panama, but I would think the timing of the wrap before the live event was not fortuitous circumstance.

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-11-04, 00:19 AM (EST)
18. "RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps"
I believe ASS was originally scheduled for 39 days with TC's being accelerated after the merge. I remember it originally being announced as a 14 episode series with no recraps. Assuming a standard 4 player finale, you can get to 16 episodes by having Jenna's departure and the next regular voteoff as separate episodes, which adds one, and by adding a recrap. There are always 2 weeks during the NCAA hoops tournament in which the episodes are moved to Wednesdays, and if a recrap is done it would make sense to put it there. With this being All-Stars, CBS and MB might decide to run a recrap to give these people more camera time and to run more confessionals. With guys like Mariano around, there oughta be plenty of good ones.

02-11-04, 11:01 AM (EST)
19. "RE: 3 episodes in May sweeps"
Assuming a standard 4 player finale, you can get to 16 episodes by having Jenna's departure and the next regular voteoff as separate episodes, which adds one, and by adding a recrap.

That's what I think will happen. One other option is to have an episode covering only the F4 boot, and then an F3 finale, like they did in S2. Then the recrap can be eliminated. I doubt MB will do that though.

02-11-04, 12:36 PM (EST)
20. "Let's do the math"
Standard game with 16 players going 39 days = 13 episodes, which has a final 4 episode.

Add 1 more if you stretch out the game to 42 days like S2 = 14 episodes.

Subtract one if you go back to 39 days, but add it back to include the recrap like in S3, S4, S5, and S6 = 13 episodes

Subtract the recrap when you realize that people don't really like it, but add it back when you have a game twist having a day 20 boot of 2 players, bring back 2 players on day 21, and then have the regular TC on day 21 in S7 = 14 episodes.

Now with ASS we have 18 players. That should automatically take 16 episodes because we add 2 players to the standard game with a recrap.

If the Jenna boot/going home is only 2 days, then the next episode should have the traditional TC, but that's only 1 day, and unless it has some tension, it will be hard to fill up an hour (or even 44-46 minutes). But let's say that's what they do, we are back to 15, but since EPM said that he hates doing the recrap, now we have 16 again.

My question is this: How do you get back down to 14 if you take the NCAA into account?

Round Robin 2914 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

02-13-04, 01:05 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Let's do the math"
They won't go down to 14. The weeks work out perfect for a 16 episode series, and they never take the 2 weeks off for the NCAA hoops, they always go to Wednesdays. So either they do a recrap or there's some huge twist that necessitates a 2 part episode. Based on statements from Burnett and Probst that they pretty much stuck to the original game, the best bet seems to be a recrap and 15 regular episodes.

udg 3381 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-22-04, 05:37 AM (EST)
22. "From SNN: May 9"
Start Spreadin the News
SNN has learned from a source close to CBS that the Survivor All-Stars finale will air live from New York's Madison Square Garden. The expected date is Sunday, May 9. The decision was supposedly made very recently, so info is still sketchy. More later as we find out...
SNN
Thursday, February 19, 2004

---
UDG

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •