The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
Wow, so we're following up Survivor: Racial Profiling with Survivor: Class Warfare, huh?

I've actually come up with the PERFECT Survivor twist. Hear me out on this, because it's a little radical. But I guarantee you the contestants would NEVER see it coming.

16 contestants.
2 tribes.
Tribal council every 3 days.
A merger at 10.
A jury of 7.
Final 2.
No double boots.
No swaps, kidnappings, or mutinies.
No exile islands, no hidden immunity idols.
In the event of a tie, it goes to previous votes cast against you.

It's crazy enough that it just might work.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just m... byoffer 12-18-06 1
 RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just m... Colonel Zoidberg 12-18-06 2
 RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just m... Estee 12-18-06 3
 RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just m... seahorse 12-18-06 4
 You Forgot Poland dabo 12-18-06 5
   RE: You Forgot Poland Colonel Zoidberg 12-18-06 6
   RE: You Forgot Poland Dakota 12-19-06 7
 RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just m... emydi 12-19-06 8
   RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just m... Draco Malfoy 12-19-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 09:44 AM (EST)
1. "RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."

I agree with all of your post, but especially this one. I always thought that using this for a tie-breaker added another element of strategy to all of the TCs. Everyone may agree to vote a certain survivor, but rather than voting unanimously someone might think that throwing a vote to prepare for a future TC tie-breaker might make sense.

I am not sure why they went away from this feature of the game.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-18-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
2. "RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
However, like all Survivor twists, this could really only work once. That's why Survivor has gone from 16 people, two tribes, no double-boots, and the word "alliance" being a four-letter word to 20 people, tribes drawn by ethnicity, three people in the final two, double-boots abound, a Korean Godfather, and alliances being second nature.

People could come up with the perfect Survivor season, but the cool thing about Survivor is that it keeps us guessing. Twists don't always work. "Does anyone want to switch tribes?" "You said 'merge.'" "We're dividing tribes by gender...AGAIN." "On Exile Island, there is a hidden immunity idol." OK, the last one's a neat idea, but it doesn't always work. Terry carried it from episode 4 to the end. Yul carried it from episode 2 to the end - and won. Smooth move, Aitu. At least they're trying something new with the double idol.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 10:46 AM (EST)
3. "RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
no hidden immunity idols.

(Censored). So close.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
4. "RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
LAST EDITED ON 12-19-06 AT 10:05 AM (EST)

I think the reason Survivor has worked for so long is its ability to draw interest from new twists. If every game wer the exact same, it could get boring especially when a Pagonging is occurring. Without the immunity idol, the final four would be a bunch of lazy Raros. I like the immunity idol and I have to say a mutiny on Cook Island edition of the show was very fitting.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
5. "You Forgot Poland"
Whatever they do, the cast ultimately makes or breaks the show. They need to get back to basics in the casting. Let's face it, after 13 seasons a retired grumpy old Navy SEAL is still one of their most memorable characters.

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-18-06, 12:55 PM (EST)
6. "RE: You Forgot Poland"
>Let's face it,
>after 13 seasons a retired
>grumpy old Navy SEAL is
>still one of their most
>memorable characters.

A number of Rupert, Ozzy, Tom, Cirie, or Boston Rob fans would disagree with that statement, although it's hard to argue that Richard and Rudy aren't still very memorable. You have to respect the originals, even if the newer ones often outdo them.

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 09:46 AM (EST)
7. "RE: You Forgot Poland"
Ya think? I dunno.

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 10:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
Actually at this point the Survivor series...this might be fun to watch...it reminds me of that M*A*S*H episode when BJ and Hawkeye had the contest that BJ could not play a practical joke on everyone of the "stars" in a day....BJ worked it out that all the others but Hawkeye were in on the joke...Hawkeye spent the whole day looking over his shoulder waiting for the joke to happen...that was the joke...seeing all the DAWS scramble waiting for a twist that never happens

I didn't really win but I'm keepin it

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

12-19-06, 05:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: A crazy, wacky idea that just might work..."
ExACTly what I was thinking of. Everyone just keeps assuming there's going to be these twists and they never come.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •