The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Race Scorecard"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-18-06, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Race Scorecard"
Since EPMB decided to split the castaways by race, let's see what the numbers produced...

The Asians produced the overall winner, and 2 of the final 3.

The Caucasians were the last tribe to lose their first member (Flicka), but also the first tribe to lose their last member (Adam).

The African Americans order of elimination was spread throughout, whereas the Hispanics got Pagonged early except for Ozzie.

The average finishing position of each race:
1 Caucasian: 7.8
2 Asian: 8.0
3 African American: 12.0
4 Hispanic: 14.0
(I used their finishing position. I gave Jenny 10 and Rebecca 11, since that was vote order. I have Cao Boi and Cristina a tie for 14.)

Despite all the comments that Race had no real impact on the game, my gut tells me that the Hispanics went out early because they played the worst social game, and that the Asians/Caucasians did much better overall because they played the best social game. The challenges are fun, and have an impact, but at the end of the day this is a social game.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Race Scorecard Dakota 12-18-06 1
 RE: Race Scorecard dabo 12-18-06 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 03:56 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Race Scorecard"
I think Becky and Yul had the cerebral, reserved, non-antagonistic thing going for them. They didn't offend people. They used their brains. Jenny was a loose cannon and Cao Boi was just plain weird. If only he had taught Becky to start a fire.

Nathan turned on all of his fellow African Americans except Sundra, and he really didn't have the chance to turn on her. I don't know what this means, but the "lazy black man" stereotype was quashed because he worked hard, he could swim, and he accused Stephanie and Rebecca of not doing enough or being "in the game".

The three young Caucasians stuck together, turning on everyone else they had any kind of alliance with, including the older Caucasian. Maybe because he was Jewish, maybe because he was older, maybe because they just didn't like him and they acted like this was sorority rush rather than Survivor.

Ozzy, until he spoke Spanish in the last episode, didn't come across as Latino to me - seemed more like the stereotype laid-back surfer dude. But unlike JP, he wasn't so impressed with himself. Not only did he kick butt in challenges, but he managed to stay in the game when all odds were against him and later his tribe.

MB at least put to rest the idea that only whites get on this show with a few token minorities. And it seems race had less to do with anything than initial tribes, friendships and alliances. Maybe we'll see a more diverse group in the future.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-18-06, 06:49 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Race Scorecard"
Jonathan representin' for the Wandering Jew... let's just say it is a shame shakes doesn't watch reality TV anymore.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •