The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-15-04, 03:24 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"

Okay, apologies for no tallies yet, they will be coming soon. In honor of the most convulted time-consuming overly-involved tribal swaps yet perpetrated in Survivor, however, I'm going to claim that was my plan all along, you do the algebra.

You know the rules by now, if not look to last week's thread for guidance. Two votes for contestant gufus, one nomination for production gufus, yada yada yada.

Side Bets allowed this week, anyone have any idea when this season might pick up and get really good?

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 Draco Malfoy 10-15-04 1
   RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 KObrien_fan 10-15-04 2
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 Bebo 10-15-04 3
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 PepeLePew13 10-15-04 4
   RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 Dakota 10-17-04 5
 RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 dabo 10-19-04 6
   RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5 okaychatt 10-19-04 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 07:10 AM (EST)
1. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 10-15-04 AT 08:13 AM (EST)

1. Travis talking to Chris before IC. He violated one of the biggest unwritten rules of Survivor by talking to the other tribe, and it cost him his shot at a million.
2. Yasur putting Rory on the last running leg of IC. He's obviously not a speedster, so why not put him in the first leg where he won't have as much of a chance to slow you down?

Production: Editing. Sarge was shown with the "chief"'s necklace before actually receiving it. Bad editors.

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 07:33 AM (EST)
2. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Actually it was Rory's strength to bring back the piece they had, they needed him on that leg. They put Bubba on the other big piece and the lone girls on the light oars. Besides it was the knot untying that slowed him down, not the running.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ
S9 PTB is Here, It's hot!!!!!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 08:43 AM (EST)
3. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
1. Bubba explaining his communication with Chris. It was bad enough that he tried to talk with Chris, but his explanation to the women was what really killed him. He basically told them he was trying to strategize so that they could knock out the women after the merge. Real smart thing to say when you're at a 5-2 gender disadvantage.

I don't even have a second nominee this week. The closest one I could come up with was Chris dropping the marker during the RC, but his team still won that challenge. I guess Twila wasting so much time at the beginning of the RC could be a possibility, but nah, nothing comes close to Bubba's booboo.

When you're good to Mama...Mama's good to you.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

10-15-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
4. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
I'd submit that Bubba's gufu in talking out of his ass, both with communicating with Chris and then trying to dig his way out with the women is *the* Gufu of the Year, even with 9 more episodes still to come. Even Rory voted for you, Bubba!

My second vote goes for Bubba because he's earned it... with his stubbornness around the fire alienating his tribemates. Give it up and show that you're a team player. No? Ok, ciao then.

Production Gufu? I got to go with Draco on the screwup of showing Sarge with the necklace before the natives came. I can understand that it made more sense to show the little spat around the fire, but come on! The necklace!

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

10-17-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Contestant:
1. Bubba trying to remind Chris to think strategically. Yea. He needs a reminder for that.

2. Yasur's rowing.

Production:

Pringles and beer. The All Stars actually gained weight. Throw in some real food, MB.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

10-19-04, 02:45 AM (EST)
6. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
Contestant vote #1: Bubba Bubba Bubba! If you are going to send secret signals to someone, try to be genuinely secret about it!

Contestant vote #2: Bubba Bubba Bubba! Couldn't you like lie and tell your tribemates you just wanted to gather information about what was happening in the other camp? Dude, seriously, Bebo is right, you screwed yourself silly squared.

Production: Most convoluted long involved swap ever: like let's get locals to go pick chiefs to go toss the coin and select new tribes and like pick selected tribes and then like the odd man out (well, woman this time) gets to pick...... good lord that was tedious!

ARRRRRRR!!!!

okaychatt 2810 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

10-19-04, 06:24 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S9 Gufu Award: Week 5"
<good lord that was tedious!

I feel so reassured. This is my first Survivor season, and I am not impressed. I thought I was just a party pooper.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •