The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

ElroyJetson 586 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-07-03, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
The challenges last night were reversed! The fishing challenge SHOULD have been reward while the fire should have been immunity. I'm sure that's how MB originally planned it.

I cannot think of any other immunity challenge where the winners won something (FISH) aside from immunity. It was a reward challenge!

And of course, the fire challenge should have been immunity. Fire is life, blah blah blah.

What MB did was see an opportunity to give the men a slam-dunk immunity win (seeing they were much better fishermen) and even up the tribes. So he simply swapped the challenges!

IMHO....

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm.... wildchickenhunter 03-07-03 1
   RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm.... ElroyJetson 03-07-03 2
 RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm.... Fast Eddie 03-07-03 3
   RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm.... ElroyJetson 03-07-03 5
 RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm.... Sunny_Bunny 03-07-03 4
   RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm.... Fast Eddie 03-07-03 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-07-03, 09:28 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
This goes back to my comments yesterday on this same topic on another thread. They are not so much 'rigged' as 'timed'. I think he inserts challenges at certain 'times' to get certain outcomes. The challenges themselves are not altered from their original concept, just when (timing) they are placed in the show. Believe me, if one team were down by several members right now we would have the S.O.S IC challenge.

03-07-03, 09:34 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
LOL! I totally agree with you WCH.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 09:57 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
You're probably right, though we've seen little evidence that the men were better fishers. In fact, until they caught that lovely bass, it looked the opposite, based on what each camp was eating. Also, the evidence early on was that the men were better firestarters. And since they won both, it doesn't really seem to matter.

03-07-03, 10:04 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
But MB knew that several of the men fished as a hobby. So they were kind of automatically more experienced, with all other things being equal.

IMHO, the women have been more successful fishing lately due to their winning the bait in the reward challenge.

Sunny_Bunny 5597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-07-03, 09:59 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
I think the main thing that hampered the women during IC was the fact that Jeffy made such a big deal about being bitten. This group would whine at the possibility of losing a nail, let alone a finger. They lost valuable time, attempting to stun the fish into submission. (which would have been funny, in the RC, but was pathetic in the IC) You are right, they should have switched the challanges.

As for recieving more then the idol...maybe MB took pity on them all, since they didnt seem to be very good fishermen in the first place lol.

Fast Eddie 625 desperate attention whore postings

03-07-03, 03:57 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Challenges Rigged? Hmmm...."
Joanna had nothing to fear. The pirhanas wouldn't bite her - professional courtesy.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •