The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S5's causing controversy already."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-15-02, 02:03 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S5's causing controversy already."
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-02 AT 02:05 AM (EST)

I got this scoop from the imdb (http://www.imdb.com). Since they'll probably change the studio briefings by Monday, I'll post the story here. It was posted on 6-14-02:

Thai Fishermen Protest 'Survivor' Filming

Thai fishermen are organizing a protest against CBS and the producers of "Survivor," who are filming new episodes of the reality series on Tarutao Island. One of the fishermen told Wednesday's Bangkok Post,"The company uses patrol boats to stop our boats getting near. This is hurting fishermen because marine life is plentiful in the area. Moreover, we have to dock at the island to get fresh water." Sidhichai Jayanit of Thailand's National Film Board (NFB) denied the charges. "There is no report that CBS has been using patrol boats to chase fishermen away. The would stop the company doing such a thing. The island is closed at the moment because it is the monsoon season. Very few fishermen visit the island." (All of which raises the question, why would "Survivor" shoot its Thailand series during the monsoon season?)

Hee! I love how the normally "objective" imdb gave a little snark to Survivor's way.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S5's causing controversy alread... DarkLotus 06-18-02 1
   RE: S5's causing controversy alread... Jonnycumlately 06-18-02 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DarkLotus 344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-18-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
1. "RE: S5's causing controversy already."
IMDB is hardly objective. 90% of the content is submitted by visitors to the website. I could send in that I was in Star Wars and they would probably put it in there. They rarely check facts.

Hmm.... >

I guess one person can make a difference, but most of the time, they probably shouldn't. - Marge Simpson

Jonnycumlately 206 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-18-02, 02:53 PM (EST)
2. "RE: S5's causing controversy already."
Maybe the actor resumes, but most of the studio briefings are fairly accurate, since I think there is a person specicifically in charge of them. Plus considering the entertainment's precedent over causing controversy in this area, it's not the surprising.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •