The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-26-02, 11:04 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"

Well, it was a long season, difficult at times, but the gufus kept coming right up to the bitter end. And now for the winning gufus of Survivor: Marquesas!

In the Production category (pay attention, Evil Mark!):

The Second Runner-Up with 2 first place votes, 3 second place votes, and 3 third place votes (Score 15):

The Casting! And, honestly, that covers a lot. I don't think anyone expects or wants Survivor to abandon the gender balance, but it is getting old watching as yet again the same characters are pegged and picked, and we would all like it very much if everyone who shows up would be actually interested in playing the game.

The Runner-Up with 4 first place votes, 3 second place votes, and 1 third place vote (Score 19):

The Editing (2): Hiding the Winner! Yes, most of America and Canada is still wondering: "Who's Vecepia?" In fact, MB, I personally don't like it when any of these players are hidden regardless of how they finish.

And the Ultimate Production Gufu for S4, with 5 first place votes, 2 second place votes, and 1 third place vote (Score 20):

The Pure-Chance Deadlock Breaker! Absulutely the worst way for anyone to ever lose Survivor!

Moving along to the Contestant gufus, to the ultimate answer to the question of which was the dangdumbest game move in S4.

The Second Runner-Up, with 2 first place votes, 3 second place votes, and 2 third place votes (Score 14, only a half-point ahead of the also ran):

Gabe Not Playing the Game! Even though that one fact set in motion a lot of things, it also puts Gabe in contention for a Why Bother To Show Up Blowie Award. Banking on kickstarting a media career by being on Survivor, were you? What-Ever!

The Runner-Up, with 2 first place votes, 4 second place votes, and 2 third place votes (Score 16):

Sean's Performance at TC12! That was laughable. All Kathy wanted was for one pair or the other to give her a good choice to make, something that was fair and advantageous to her, but Sean couldn't put himself in her shoes for even a few seconds, didn't think it out in any way whatsoever. He might have gone on and won the whole thing had he swayed Kathy to vote off Neleh, dumb way to lose the game.

Okay, and the Winner, the Ultimate Gufu of S4, with 14 first place votes, 3 second place votes, and 2 third place votes (Score ... good lord ... Score 50!):

Rotu 4 Reveal Boot Order at IC8! John, Zoe, Tammy and Robert had it in the bag, had they played it out properly two of them would have been in the final two, but instead they managed to put their own heads on the chopping block. Pathetic, just pathetic.

Well, thank you, everyone who voted and participated in the Gufu Awards threads this season. It's been a blast!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Femme 05-27-02 1
 RE: A Salute to dabo Teddy_Bear 05-27-02 2
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale NightScribe 05-27-02 3
   RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Dakota 05-28-02 4
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Bebo 05-28-02 5
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale CSHS79 05-29-02 6
   RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale dabo 05-30-02 7
       RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Ra_8secs 05-30-02 8
       RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale CSHS79 05-30-02 9
           RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Teddy_Bear 05-30-02 10
               RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale CSHS79 05-30-02 11
                   RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Teddy_Bear 05-30-02 12
                   RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale dabo 05-31-02 15
                       RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale CSHS79 05-31-02 16
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale L82LIFE 05-30-02 13
 To the King of the GUFU George Tirebiter 05-30-02 14
   RE: To the King of the GUFU Dakota 05-31-02 17
   bumping this dabo 06-05-02 18
       RE: bumping this Drive My Car 06-06-02 19
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale PepeLePew13 06-06-02 20
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale MakeItStop 06-06-02 21
 RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale Swami 06-06-02 22
   RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale dabo 06-06-02 23

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Femme 3621 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-27-02, 08:06 AM (EST)
1. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Yay, some of my top picks made it in, glad to know I'm not alone in my frustration! Curses on the cast (even though you're just second runners-up!)

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-27-02, 09:03 PM (EST)
2. "RE: A Salute to dabo"
I'm sure I am speaking for many of the posters here, when I say that I am greatful for all of your hard work in the Gufu Dept.

So cheers to Dabo, one of the hardest- working posters at SB!!!!

How would BASHERS or the rest of the boards survive without you. I hope that we'll never have to find out.

Again congratulations on all of your hard work, on all of your Gufu thresds .
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Neleh Dennis: That sucks!

Facts may weaken under extreme heat and pressure.
|
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

05-27-02, 11:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
AAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGHHHH!!!! Cap'n Dabo, thank ye mightee much for all the gufu'n. Sure did enjoy this here Survivor even if I hated the finale! Thanks for all the hard work ye been puttin' in. Lookin' forward to another season of dangdumb-spottin'.

See ya!

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-02, 12:32 PM (EST)
4. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
I'm with Teddy_Bear on this -- Cheers and more cheers to Dabo. Lots of hard work keeping track of gufus and the votes, especially in a season so chock full of gufus. Thank goodness Dade County Florida wasn't in on the voting or the results wouldn't be in for months and Paschal might have to rule on the outcome. If any of you Bashers are Dade County Floridians, just keep it to yourself. Anyway, the gufus are the meat and potatoes of the Basher Board so kudos to Dabo.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

05-28-02, 12:38 PM (EST)
5. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Dabo rules! For keeping all of this organized so that we could get some gang-bashing done, we owe you a big thank-you!

Even ruder and snottier as the years go by. And let's add mean, horrible, witch while we're at it.

Card-carrying member of the PGSA

'Canes Rock! Beat Canada!

CSHS79 908 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-02, 03:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
In my opinion,Gabe was misunderstood pure & simple.The fact that
the game hadn't invaded Rotu was what kept it a lovefest & maybe what helped them win challenges.The swap brought the game to Rotu and that to me is a GUFU,if only they had let it play out the way that it was set up.True it was interesting to see John &
Rob but heads but I will always wish that Gabe remained in the game longer. So anyone near Gabe, listen to him, he will always be the smart one for me.

05-30-02, 00:33 AM (EST)
7. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
First of all, thank yous to the posters who sang my praises. I didn't do all of the gufu stuff for any of that, but because I find it both fun and a great way to bash things. Still, the applause is nice and quite rewarding. Very well then...

>In my opinion,Gabe was misunderstood pure & simple.The fact that the game hadn't invaded Rotu was what kept it a lovefest & maybe what helped them win challenges.The swap brought the game to Rotu and that to me is a GUFU,if only they had let it play out the way that it was set up.True it was interesting to see John & Rob but heads but I will always wish that Gabe remained in the game longer. So anyone near Gabe, listen to him, he will always be the smart one for me.

CSHS79,

Basically, you are perfectly entitled to your opinions and to state them. But all of this is irrelevant to the outcome of the Gufu Award for Survivor: Marquesas. Throughout the season nominations were made, contendors determined by vote for every episode, and when all the contendors were determined Final Votes were held to determine which were the winning gufus in both categories, Production (non-contestant, and the swap was one of the contendors) and Contestant (with the focus being on "dangdumb game moves"). The results are final.

Furthermore, no one voted for "Gabe Not Playing the Game" out of any misunderstanding of his person or anything whatsoever in such regards, the only depreciation towards him in any respect in this is that he did not, would not play the game. I personally think Gabe is a very interesting person, what little I know of him, despite being a thorough incompetent at the game of Survivor. I also thought John made a huge mistake by voting Gabe off when he did rather than taking Rob or Sean out of the running. That didn't make the cut however, "Gabe Not Playing the Game" did.

The results are final.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Ra_8secs 1081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-30-02, 12:35 PM (EST)
8. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Nice, polite response, dabo

I'll agree with the Rotu 4's knife-fest GUFU, but I think even more critical was John, as messiah of the Rotu, not voting off Sean, and going for Gabe instead. He panicked.

The Rotu lovefest was over, OK, but Gabe would've still voted Rotu's way. It was obvious that Rob was a goner and a loner, so he could wait. Vecepia was kissing up to everyone and lieing low (pun intended). But Sean was strength in two ways: his back, and the obvious black thang alliance w/ Vee. Voting Gabe instead of Sean was the major GUFU.

and hugs and sunshine for all, Ra

05-30-02, 02:09 PM (EST)
9. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
I wasn't making a pitch to change votes.It's just I think Gabe was playing the game,just in his own way.He merely felt that to speak about alliances too soon,before they were even sent tribal council,would change the atmosphere in the camp.Granted the swap did that anyway, but I'll always be sad they voted out the two hottest guys early.It may be a shallow reason to watch these shows but hey I like good looking men(Hunter & Gabe).

05-30-02, 02:38 PM (EST)
10. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-02 AT 03:39 PM (EST)

With all due respect, I do agree with your comments on Hunter and Gabe--I'm big fans of their's too.

But . . . Dabo has already pointed out to you; this is a Vote THRESD, which was based on posters' nominations. dabo is simply posting the Results--which are FINAL.

If you want to discuss you support of Gabe and Hunter, why not start a seperate thresd in Fanatics--the correct place for it. I would be happy to respond to it; as I'm sure would many others.

This is NOT as discussion thresd, and it will annoy peeps to no end if you continue to treat it as such.

John (to Neleh): you just couldn't be satisfyed with 5th or 6th place, could you?

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.
|
Light a Virtual Candle

05-30-02, 03:18 PM (EST)
11. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Might I ask one question, if no one can comment on the results why weren't the results posted under the top ten lists?Isn't that
what that's for??? A simple question since the rest of the forums
are discussions, why is this different???? After all if we can't discuss the results what is this forum all about????

05-30-02, 03:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 05-30-02 AT 03:41 PM (EST)

There have been discussions every week since the show started.

At the end of each episode, dabo solicited poster's nominations of the dangdumbest GUFUS, from each show.

After much labourious work on different variations of his GUFU thresd, he requested the posters to select Nominations.

Dabo then went over the extensive list of nominations, and as a result of democratically based Nominations; selected the final vote getters, which he posted above.

Next season, you will be able to contribute your opinions to any discussion of all of the GUFU thresds.

I hope this clears things up.

Dabo: All things are possible through Vesus--or not.

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.
|
Light a Virtual Candle

05-31-02, 00:26 AM (EST)
15. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
>Might I ask one question, if
>no one can comment on
>the results why weren't the
>results posted under the top
>ten lists?Isn't that
>what that's for??? A simple question
>since the rest of the
>forums
>are discussions, why is this different????
>After all if we can't
>discuss the results what is
>this forum all about????

Feel free to discuss anything you want, I have no problem with that. Take this post on any friendly interesting left turn on red you can think of, by all means. However, this thresd was posted to announce the final results of the Gufu Award polling, which is a basherboard thing which I do on my own, not any official SBlows thing (though Webby can institutionalize it if he wants, Blows is his playground after all, though how in the world he would do that I haven't a clue). The Gufu Award thresds ran all season long, the results are final, the season is over.

And thank you, CSHS. I can't recall how many times I told peeps to feel free to do the discussion thing on these thresds.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

05-31-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
16. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
How about nominating you for a position on staff so that your work can be official and perhaps even have you get paid for it? Are the bosses listening, could you give our man here some official standing to post on official SBlows boards?

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

05-30-02, 04:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
dabo-you ROCK!
He's been running all over the place collecting and tallying the gufu votes-

Thanks, dabs.

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-30-02, 05:17 PM (EST)
14. "To the King of the GUFU"
Wracked my brain to think of something appropriate in the way of thanks (yeah, I know that's not why you work too hard here--you have a DISEASE and can't help yourself!) Perhaps a little something for your mantel?

Hurrah to a master of squeezing every bit of idiocy out of Survivor we can muster!

GT

Art is making something out of nothing and selling it. -Frank Zappa

Dakota 5819 desperate attention whore postings

05-31-02, 05:42 PM (EST)
17. "RE: To the King of the GUFU"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-02 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

GORE TAKES FLORIDA!

No one on their death bed ever said, "I wish I had driven my Mercedes more."

06-05-02, 03:50 PM (EST)
18. "bumping this"
If Q and some others want to continue casting votes on the vote thresds, that's fine with me, everyone should feel free to get their opinions down for the record. I'm not going to go back and recount things, however; the final results posted in this thresd are going to remain the final results. I didn't post "Voting Closed" on those other thresds though (didn't think there was any reason to bump them), so it's perfectly fair to keep voting.

Also, thaank-yous to L82LIFE and GT for the new gifs, I am going to enjoy finding uses for those.

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 09:26 AM (EST)
19. "RE: bumping this"

Thanks for the Gufus Dabo!!!!!!
Great job!

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 11:49 AM (EST)
20. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
How the hell did I miss this thread entirely until now??

Great job with the Gufus this year, dabs, and I am in agreement with all of the choices here. I dunno, but this may easily have been the best Gufu season of the 4 survivors so far.

MakeItStop 1098 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-06-02, 11:57 AM (EST)
21. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Hey, these aren't the Gufu's that I voted for! Oh yeah, I never voted. I really just wanted to thank dabo for doing this. RL was just too busy for me to participate -- I had a hard enough time keeping up with spoilers. THANKS DABO!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 01:21 PM (EST)
22. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
Thank you, thank you, dabo for a great gufu season. Love that gufu thang!!! And Woodstock got to do so many fun things this time 'round. Just be careful with that little guy when you start slinging your curling stone around... Wouldn't want him to get hurt or anything!

Swami

06-06-02, 02:01 PM (EST)
23. "RE: S4 Ultimate Gufu Award Finale"
safety first!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •