The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S1 Gufu Award: Eps 4, 5, 6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-13-02, 10:35 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S1 Gufu Award: Eps 4, 5, 6"

Yes, friends, it is now time to start determining the 4th, 5th and 6th contendors for the S1 Gufu Award. You will again have two nomination/votes per episode, and I will post below a responce post for each episode, please keep things neat and tidy by replying to those posts. There was some confusion last time about my request re. sigpics, all that I ask is that you not use a bunch of different sigpics, just pick one and stick with that one; these things affect the time it takes to download.

Of course, I had sort of hoped for a few more posters to take interest in this, but oh well their loss if they aren't interested. These nomination/vote threads will stay open until the Final Vote threads go up in early August anyway, so there's plenty of time for everyone to take their time.

Very well, the Gufu Award was established to determine the dangdumbest game move in Survivordum. Follow the links below to refresh your memories, then cast your nomination/votes!

episode 4
episode 5
episode 6

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Episode 4 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-13-02 1
   RE: Episode 4 Nomination/Votes Bebo 06-13-02 4
   RE: Episode 4 Nomination/Votes PepeLePew13 06-13-02 8
   RE: Episode 4 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-17-02 10
 Episode 5 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-13-02 2
   RE: Episode 5 Nomination/Votes janisella 06-13-02 5
   RE: Episode 5 Nomination/Votes PepeLePew13 06-13-02 7
   RE: Episode 5 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-18-02 11
 Episode 6 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-13-02 3
   RE: Episode 6 Nomination/Votes PepeLePew13 06-13-02 6
   RE: Episode 6 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-14-02 9
   RE: Episode 6 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-19-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-13-02, 10:38 AM (EST)
1. "Episode 4 Nomination/Votes"
Please post your episode 4 nomination/votes here.

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-02, 11:34 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode 4 Nomination/Votes"
Barfing Ramona - even though she wasn't feeling well, she needed to make some effort to get involved with helping the tribe.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-02, 07:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 4 Nomination/Votes"
I think the biggest gufu here was that the Pa-Gongs were a little too quick to dismiss Ramoaner even after she said she was recovering well and feeling much stronger. The Pa-Gongs elected to keep weaklings Jenna and Colleen in while sitting out a black belt in Ramoaner -- and they lost to a 72-year-old lugging a treasure chest. Maybe Ramoaner could have made a difference in the strength department, so I'll go with that as my gufu... Pa-Gong sitting out Ramoaner in the IC.

06-17-02, 11:32 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 4 Nomination/Votes"
Ramona Ramona Ramona, it was all about Ramona. Well, it seemed that way, except when it was about Tagi.

Vote 1: Pagong Sits Out Ramona! Hey, she was on her way up, having fought off her initial sickness, and would have been a great contributor in any challenge. But the Pagong Club had formed and couldn't think outside the box, decided it was better that all the friends got to play together instead, leading to Gervase's leisurely stroll through the jungle when he should have been running to win.

Vote 2: Pagong Votes Out Ramona! Okay, there's a big social aspect to the game itself, so why in the dickens is a social misfit even considered a threat! Except for Greg, the Pagong Young just didn't have their heads in the game at all, it was just a big vacation. Dumb Dumb Dumb.

06-13-02, 10:40 AM (EST)
2. "Episode 5 Nomination/Votes"
Please post your episode 5 nomination/votes here.

janisella 698 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-13-02, 06:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 5 Nomination/Votes"
Kelly the rafting guide losing a rowing contest to a guy who can't even swim.

06-13-02, 07:32 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 5 Nomination/Votes"
Dirk gets my vote for spending so much time reading his Bible and forgetting to eat in the process. He should have eaten his Bible instead to keep himself in the game longer... he ended up looking like Manute Bol (bonus points to those out there who can identify Mr. Bol) and getting a sorta-sympathy boot from Dicque and his gang.

Oh yeah... and who can forget Kelly's loss to a non-swimmer in Gervase and her profanity-laden self-bashing afterwards?

06-18-02, 10:25 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 5 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Dirk Isolates Himself! Actually, he wasn't disliked by the other Tagi, and had a good friendship with Sean, but he did spend too much time alone with his Bible rather than interacting with the others. And as skinny as he got, if he couldn't catch fish he could have least gone hunting tapioca with Sue, maybe picked up a few pointers.

Vote 2: Kelly's Performance at IC5! That challenge was tailor-made for her, what happened!

If I had more votes: Sean's Performance at TC5! You could smell his desperation right through the TV. And a production gufu would have to go to that RC, first leading the tribes to believe each would receive the food their members had won and then switching it up to make it that one tribe would actually receive all of the food. Right, Jiffy, you just thought of that, yeah right. Pitiful. They didn't even try to keep the two tribes' "winnings" separate; hey, if you're going to pull a switch-up, do it right and don't even try to pretend that wasn't the plan all along! (Personally, I'm thinking the stuff they plan more or less works on an if-then basis, nothing is absolutely predetermined which doesn't have to be.)

06-13-02, 10:42 AM (EST)
3. "Episode 6 Nomination/Votes"
Please post you episode 6 nomination/votes here.

06-13-02, 07:29 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 6 Nomination/Votes"
Mooooo. Joel laughed like a buffoon and got his hide branded by the ladies after Gervase compared women to cows (with the impression that Joel had originally done that). If Joel had shut up, Gervase might have been the one to get booted instead... and we might have seen Joel go really, really far in the game.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-14-02, 04:23 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 6 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Support the vote of Joel laughing.

Vote 2: Richard DQs Tagi in the barracks challenge. Okay, so maybe this wasn't a huge mistake, but it's the one that I remember the most.

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

06-19-02, 10:51 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 6 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Richard's Performance at RC6! Just goes to show you the importance of paying attention, because he wasn't, so the hungry Tagi's stayed hungry.

Vote 2: Joel's Chauvanism! Hey, buddy, do the words "I can't believe you said that!" ring a bell? It's what Joel should have told Gervase, but instead he laughed and caught the ire of the womenfolk for his sexism. Chivalry isn't dead, by the way, it just isn't appropriate for it to be condescending anymore, just respectful. Mooo! to the "strongest man in America."

And in the I-Wish-I-Had-Another-Vote Department: Greg had pretty much stopped being interesting in any way by this point, had just become a tired, somewhat annoying sideshow.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •