The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another Bait and Switch!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Apprentice General Discussion Forum (Protected)
Original message

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-01-05, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another Bait and Switch!"
Hello? Weren't we promised some sort of fireworks would take place during last night's episode? Didn't the "scenes from next week" and all the previews STRONGLY suggest that Chris was going to lose it and go on some sort of rampage? So, why were the clips from the preview of him getting in Alex's face the complete and total extent of his anticipated "explosion" this week? For that matter, the part where he was so worked up was him imitating what he thought Alex has said in the first place that made Chris resort to the f-bomb.

What a disappointment. NBC fooled me again by making a big promise and not delivering, almost a weekly event for "The Apprentice." The show has become so not-brilliant that I don't feel bad about missing an episode, but the previews convinced me that I needed to check in last night. Wankers.

a sig by syren

And Matlock is guaranteed a spot in the final six? WTF???

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another Bait and Switch! ARnutz 04-01-05 1
 RE: Another Bait and Switch! Ricky 04-01-05 2
   RE: Another Bait and Switch! HistoryDetective 04-01-05 3
 RE: Another Bait and Switch! LionChow 04-01-05 4
   RE: Another Bait and Switch! kgswifty 04-01-05 5
       RE: Another Bait and Switch! weltek 04-15-05 8
           RE: Another Bait and Switch! ARnutz 04-15-05 10
 Yet Another Bait and Switch! HistoryDetective 04-15-05 6
   RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch! ARnutz 04-15-05 7
       RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch! HistoryDetective 04-15-05 9
           RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch! ARnutz 04-15-05 11
               RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch! Wacko Jacko 04-15-05 12
                   RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch! Creanie 04-15-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

04-01-05, 09:37 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
It's gotten to the point where you can prdeict everything that will happen in the episode just by watching the preview. *sigh*

Most of the time, I can predict which team will win who will be fired within the first 15 minutes. *sigh*

This season is so lackluster with so few candidates to actually root for. *sigh*

... and I wouldn't be surprised if Matlock makes the final four. *sigh*

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

04-01-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
Well, the fireworks were Chris and Alex yelling at each other and the implied "threat" by Chris so we did get that. I mean I didn't think someone was going to get shot or anything on a business reality show. Were you all expecting to see blood or something ?

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

04-01-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
I expected a confrontation that took longer than what they showed us in the preview clip. Chris has had several outburst in the boardroom that were far more volatile. I just didn't think that little tiff merited the "ticking timebomb" promotion that it received. Their argument? Pretty boring.

a sig by syren

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

04-01-05, 11:41 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
>And Matlock is guaranteed a spot
>in the final six? WTF???

Or perhaps he played a different role in the past???

kgswifty 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-01-05, 12:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
Hysterical....what can you say Bren is one of the six best of the worst cast yet.

Choosing which one to root for is kind of like choosing which size nail to pound into your head. You have to make a choice and anyway you go it is going to be painful.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

04-15-05, 09:17 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
what can you say Bren is one of the six best of the worst cast yet.

I completely agree. I wouldn't want ANY of the remaining candidates working for me if I were Trump!

04-15-05, 09:26 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Another Bait and Switch!"
Ditto! This is why we have such morons this late in the game! They all suck!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

04-15-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
6. "Yet Another Bait and Switch!"
Sigh! Again! Didn't the scenes from next week and the previews once again promise us that something surprising and astounding would happen after the firing? What did they deliver?

Chris got a little tear in his eye.

Big Effing Deal!

That episode was about as exciting as NetWorth's brochure.

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

04-15-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch!"
Was this advertised as a "shocking" moment?

Yeah, what was supposed to be a roar turned out to be a wimper... literally!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

04-15-05, 09:21 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch!"
Was this advertised as a "shocking" moment?

Yes, we were promised that the real drama would be what happens after the board room. The ticking time bomb got a little blubbery. Whatever.

a sig by syren (I had mine before you had yours!)

04-15-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch!"
... and what the heck was that crap during the preview with Tana saying, "Oh my god!"???

That didn't happen when Chris was fired and crying! Tana wasn't even near the BR at the time. Plus Bren & Alex never said anything to Chris after the BR, they just hugged him goodbye. What a crock this show has become this season!

... and DT's already signed up for 2 more seasons? They better come up with something better than this next time.

Wacko Jacko 2438 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

04-15-05, 10:34 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-15-05 AT 10:35 AM (EST)

The overhyping is really getting on my nerves. There was nothing that warranted a "Oh my god!". And even the ticking timebomb was way overhyped. I am not happy about it either. I think NBC realizes that people are losing interest in this season and are going out all stops to keep viewers.

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

04-15-05, 09:09 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Yet Another Bait and Switch!"
I am SO glad other people noticed the "OH GOD" thing. I was waiting for Chris to explode. As he was walking out crying, I was expecting him to come back and freak out. When the door shut, I thought he'd burst back in with an Uzi. Where is our "OH GOD" moment???

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •