The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Memorial Weekend Zen"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-03, 03:02 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Memorial Weekend Zen"
Q's post about his aunt and his mother, and ivoryElephant's post about his friend, all of them facing morbidity head-on, just as we head into Memorial Day Wekend, leaves me pondering many things. My grandfather and an uncle died suddenly of heart attacks. My grandmother-in-law lingered many years, suffering from Alzheimer's. I've known others who died. At the start of the year one of my co-workers started having seizures and was hospitalized, eventually diagnosed with the most aggressive (and unpredictable) forms of cancer. She died in February. And don't even ask me about how my step-brother's second wife died even though her doctors did everything possible for her, you would have nightmares.

Life is for the living. Whatever your religious beliefs about an afterlife may be, the only certainty is that life is for the living. Which brings us to the Zen of this post.

"Death speaks to us with a deep voice but has nothing to say." (Paul Valery)

Cherish each day of your life, and every person in it. That is what this says to me. Take a moment this weekend to remember those have gone before you, and dedicate yourself to getting the most out of each day in your life. Cherish your days and everyone in them.

SMILES ARE FREE

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Memorial Weekend Zen Schnookie Palookie 05-24-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-24-03, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Memorial Weekend Zen"
Beautifully said Dabo.

*hugs*

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •