The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SHUT UP!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

bacon 2824 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-12-03, 12:34 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"SHUT UP!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-12-03 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

My sister came to visit me over the weekend and we decided to take in a movie. We had already seen all the major releases(X-Men 2, Anger Management, Identity), and the smaller theater didn't have any good independent releases, either. So it was between "Daddy Day Care" and "House of 1,000 Corpses". Needless to say we weren't interested in watching Eddie Murphy further damage his career, so we chose the Rob Zombie movie. From what I could see it was very over the top and silly. A bad movie that probably didn't deserve our time or money. Still, I couldn't make a reasonable judgement on it's quality due to the fact that two teens sitting directly behind us wouldn't shut up through the whole entire movie!

Now, I have visited the theater at least ten thousand times in my life. I have experienced the feeling of being behind, or in front of someone who won't shut their yap. But this was absolutely ridiculous! They weren't whispering, they were talking...in an everyday normal tone that people talk to each other with when they are in their homes, or at a mall. Half the time they weren't even talking about the movie. The male(there was a female and a male...i'm guessing they were boyfriend/girlfriend) would talk about things like how drunk he had gotten the night before, how many beers he could drink, and various other things that pertained to drinking alcohol. The female would mostly just giggle at him, ask follow-up questions about his drinking, and would talk about how she drinks a lot.

But don't worry, they did make observations about the movie, too! Such witty remarks as, "Dude, that guy is really f---ed up!". Normally such remarks aren't necessary during a horror film, because one can easily see that the ones doing all the butcherings, stabbings, throat slicings, and cannabilisms on the screen are indeed pretty screwed up. It sorta goes without saying. But I literally had to hear that line every single time one of the killers did something grotesque to someone else.

Now i know that some of you will wonder, "Why didn't he just move to another seat?". Well, believe it or not, "House of 1,000 Corpses" was a near sell-out. THere were no other seats! I felt the need to turn around and punch these two right in the nose, but i didn't want to be kicked out of my favorite theater, especially with "Matrix Reloaded" coming out in a few short days. What about getting a theater employee to cut out the nonsense? Well, the showing we attended was the very last for the day, and generally the employees are nowhere to be found in the lobby during that time. What should i have done? Has anyone else ever attended a movie where the talking was this bad? Do tell!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: SHUT UP! desert_rhino 05-12-03 1
   RE: SHUT UP! smiley 05-12-03 3
 RE: SHUT UP! wildchickenhunter 05-12-03 2
 RE: SHUT UP! wendyp 05-12-03 4
 RE: SHUT UP! samiam 05-12-03 5
 RE: SHUT UP! mtopaz 05-12-03 6
   RE: SHUT UP! wendyp 05-12-03 7
       RE: SHUT UP! mtopaz 05-12-03 9
   RE: SHUT UP! TechNoir 05-12-03 8
 RE: SHUT UP! Spidey 05-12-03 10
   RE: SHUT UP! LadyT 05-12-03 11
       RE: SHUT UP! bubsy 05-13-03 12
   RE: SHUT UP! SurvivorOverlord 05-13-03 14
       RE: SHUT UP! Spidey 05-13-03 15
 RE: SHUT UP! Ahtumbreez 05-13-03 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-12-03, 01:49 PM (EST)
1. "RE: SHUT UP!"
Did you tell the ass to tighten his sphincter so all that noisy gas wouldn't come out any more?

smiley 2009 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-12-03, 02:55 PM (EST)
3. "RE: SHUT UP!"
OMH i just spurted water on the screen.

Bacon I have no patience....I would have yelled at them to shut the hell up or demanded my money back

wildchickenhunter 3192 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-12-03, 02:10 PM (EST)
2. "RE: SHUT UP!"
This is why I think it is important for teenagers to Smoke....it keeps them out of the theaters.

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: SHUT UP!"
You should have just said Shut Up! Or the ever popular " if you do not shut Up you are going to really F---ed up!"

The look does not work anymore.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:40 PM (EST)
5. "RE: SHUT UP!"
"You know, you have to be really stupid to pay $10 a head to sit in a theater and NOT watch what you paid to watch. Now, I understand in the lobby they are currently serving up free heaping cups of Shut The F*ck Up. Go have some, won't you?"

and then I'd throw popcorn

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: SHUT UP!"
This is why I think it's important to possess a stun gun - solely for the limited purpose of effectively shutting up ignorant yaps who cannot distinguish between their own trashy living room and the public movie theater.

About a year ago, I took my son to see "Spirit." He is allowed to whisper to me during the movie but he knows he is not supposed to talk out loud. A woman comes in with her 2 grandchildren and sits behind us. Before the movie starts, she takes a call on her cell phone. Urrrrgh. But that's okay, because she did shut it off before the previews start. However, once the movie got underway, she developed diarrhea of the mouth. She commented on everything. I turned around a couple times to give the "look" - no improvement. I said "SHHHHHHHHH!" really loudly and it quieted her down for a couple minutes. But when she began singing along is when I nearly lost it. I turned around and said "would you please keep it down." She got this hurt look on her face and shut up for a total of 5 minutes that time. Honestly, if there weren't impressionable children around, I would have probably gotten more vocal about it, but I didn't want to upset my son.

Mmmm Topaz

wendyp 2081 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 04:57 PM (EST)
7. "RE: SHUT UP!"
HEY that was my mom!!! **giggles** could not resist.

mtopaz 2167 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 05:50 PM (EST)
9. "RE: SHUT UP!"
Oh no! I hope she got settled into "The Home" okay - lol

Mmmm Topaz

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 05:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: SHUT UP!"
You're absolutely right. TASER is the answer. And it provides entertainment too !

"Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall" -- Proverbs 16:18

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 07:30 PM (EST)
10. "RE: SHUT UP!"
A similar scenario happen a few rows in front of me once (James Bond movie?). A group of about 10 youths (don't I sound like the old lady!) were yapping it up into the previews and continued when the movie started. Then they started throwing popcorn at each other, giggling and hitting bystanders/byseaters/whatever. The HUGE guy a few seats down from me finally had enough, got up, grabbed one of the instigators by the shirt and told him (loudly): Shut the F*** Up NOW or I will drag all of your asses outta here." He got a huge round of applause and, yes, they shut the F*** up.

Luckily, it wasn't a kid's movie or I am not so sure about that round of applause!

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-03, 09:05 PM (EST)
11. "RE: SHUT UP!"
Oh I wish I had seen that!

My friend's Mom wanted to go see Titantic. So they went and in back of them was a young couple with a baby. In a car seat. Well, my friend's Mom decided that halfway through the movie that it sucked. So she started turning around to look to see if the baby was awake. At the end, the baby woke up and my friend's Mom started cooing to him or her. The Baby got scared, because it was noisy as hell (I am surprised it took that plong for the baby to wake up) and started screaming. Everyone around my friend and her Mom blamed her Mom for waking the Baby and ruining the end of the movie for them. But get real, who brings a baby to see Titanic?

bubsy 246 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-03, 05:35 AM (EST)
12. "RE: SHUT UP!"
yeah, who would bring a baby to any movie theatre for that matter....

either i get the loud people, the people on cellphones. OR
the people who keep wanting for YOU to change your seat.
you can hear them whispering to each other to tell me or my boyfriend to move throughout the movie. when, with all do respect, we'd already moved once, and the movie was half over.
i just ignore them usually.
but that's plain rude...

SurvivorOverlord 1351 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-03, 01:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: SHUT UP!"
WOW...were you in the movies with me Spidey??

Seriously, about 4 years ago my GF(at the time) and I were watching a movie and a group of about 6 or 8 15 to 17 year old boys were doing pretty much the same thing....laugh...throwing popcorn and stuff.....I gave them the look at few times...nothing.....did the SHHHHHHHH..thing...nothing..it just made them giggle more...so I stood up walked one row back to where they were grabbed one of em by the shirt collar and said, if you can't shut up on your own....I'll be happy to do it for you!!!

Can you believe...they had the nerve to go tell the theater manager on ME!!!!!!!

This guy comes in and asks me to step outside and then wants to know if I threatened the kid...I told him yes, explained the situation and about that time 2 other movie goers came out and stuck up for me....the manager threw the kids out and gave everyone in the theater a free pass to the movie of their choice!

SULTAN OF SMOOCHES

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 01:59 PM (EST)
15. "RE: SHUT UP!"
Way to Go, SOL! What a stud you musta looked like in front of the GF!

But I've seen your picture and unless you are a 6'8", 350 lb. black man and a master of disguse who vacations in the Philly suburbs, not the same flick!

Thankful on behalf of the move-going public for the likes of SOL and my personal mysterious huge hero!

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-13-03, 06:49 AM (EST)
13. "RE: SHUT UP!"
I went out with a football player once that had a slight anger management problem, but was working hard on controlling it, at least around me. We went to see The Vampire Lestat and two dumbbutts in front of us kept talking in street voices about anything and everything. You could just feel the waves of repressed violence coming off my date, finally he'd had enough and took a M&M and pinged one guy in the ear with it. The guy whipped around like he was ready to pounce and slowly sunk down in his seat as his eyes got as big as saucers upon seeing how big this guy was. My date leaned up and said "it would have been my fist if she wasn't here, but if you two say one more word I'll forget she's here". Not one more peep was heard. I had a hard time not giggling and throughly enjoyed the rest of the movie.

But I do like the stun-gun thought. Very original and quite humorous if you get a mind-pic. Brings to mind that M&M commercial. Ok, all my talk of M&M is making me hungry.

(c) 2003 GeorgiaBelle Creations,Inc. All rights reserved
Celebrity Mole PTTE Champion

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •