The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Who knew???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Lisapooh 12664 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-13-02, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Who knew???"
The way kids minds work always amaze me. My daughter (6) has been learning a little bit about Ramadan and Kwanzaa from her friends, but she doesn't really know that much about Hanukkah.

So last night she was asking me about it. I asked her what she thought it was. She said that she knew they got presents for 8 days (I was surprised she knew that). And that Santa didn't visit kids who celebrate Hanakkah. She said that they have other people who visit them.

Immediately Jon Lovitz as Hanakkah Harry yelling "On Schlomo" came into my head. I asked her who it was that brought presents on Hanakkah, and she said it was like when Homer Simpson dresses up as Santa.

I said "So, Homer Simpson dresses up like Santa and takes presents to Jewish kids?" And she was quite sure that yes, that is exactly what happens. She also wants to convert so she can get 8 days worth of presents.

It reminded me of when my niece excitedly told me when she was 5 that her friend Sara's family "aren't human - they're Hungarian!"

Anyway, I love the stories like that of the way kids see the world and intrepret things. So, I want to hear some from y'all. Have your kids (or you) mangled some song lyrics, misunderstood a story or whatever. You know, kids do say the darndest things!.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Who knew??? Schnookie Palookie 12-13-02 1
 RE: Who knew??? samiam 12-13-02 2
 Little kids cursing Spidey 12-13-02 3
 RE: Who knew??? TechNoir 12-13-02 4
 RE: Who knew??? sticks 12-13-02 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 11:41 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Who knew???"
"Sara's family "aren't human - they're Hungarian"
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Such a cute story from your daughter Pooh. My little nephew comes out with some funny ones. Wish I could remember them now.

samiam 5976 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 11:56 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Who knew???"
Thing 1 (age 4) and I were talking the other day about different animals, and whether they sleep and night or during the day.

Thing 1: Animals that sleep during the day, what are they called?
Me: Nocturnal.
Thing 1: Oh, nocturnal, right, I forgot. But what about animals like us, that sleep at night and play during the day?
Me: They're called diurnal.
Thing 1: Diurnal. Isn't that a kind of potty?

He didn't think it was as funny as I did.

Diplomacy is the art of saying, "Nice doggie," until you can find a rock.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 12:15 PM (EST)
3. "Little kids cursing"
My kids are famous for their curses. Of course, in a few years it will be much less cute and endearing.

There is a Phish song but I am not sure of the title. Part of the lyrics are "Birds of a feather are flocking outside" My son, then 3, was singing along in the back seat and DH and I were sure he was saying "Birds with feathers are fu**ing outside" That was pretty funny.

Also, my mom was driving same son (then 4?) one day and was behind someone at a stop sign. Up peeps this little voice from the back seat: "Move it A$$hole!" Hmm, wonder where he got that from?

Now DD, 3, has decided her brother is a "jackass." I am a horrible mother! I really have to stop driving the kids anywhere...

An IceCat Original, 2002

TechNoir 9741 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-02, 12:34 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Who knew???"
Tell her that Hanukkah is over for this year so if she converts she will have to wait a whole year for any presents. That should make her rethink the whole proposition. (I'm loving Homer Simpson)

sticks 1165 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

12-13-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Who knew???"
My brother used to sing along to the song "Moni Moni" by Billy Idol (the one that is pronounced Moanie Moanie). When it got to the part where they just repeat:

Moni Moni
Moni Moni
Moni Moni , etc.

He sang:

Rockin Bozo
Rockin Bozo
Rockin Bozo, etc.

If you substitute Rockin Bozo it actually fits.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •