The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Total BS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Tummy 3542 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

09-23-11, 06:45 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Total BS"
State government isn't any better than their national counterparts.

Please explain how any of this is a good thing.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bringing_america_back/american-infrastructure-jobs-shipped-china/story?id=14592567

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Total BS woeisme1 09-23-11 1
 RE: Total BS kingfish 09-23-11 2
 RE: Total BS KeithFan 09-24-11 3
   RE: Total BS Tummy 09-26-11 6
       RE: Total BS KeithFan 09-26-11 10
           RE: Total BS Breezy 09-27-11 11
           RE: Total BS Tummy 09-27-11 12
               RE: Total BS KeithFan 09-27-11 13
 RE: Total BS foonermints 09-25-11 4
 RE: Total BS weltek 09-26-11 5
   RE: Total BS Breezy 09-26-11 7
       RE: Total BS weltek 09-26-11 8
 RE: Total BS HobbsofMI 09-26-11 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-23-11, 07:11 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Total BS"
The best I can explain it is in the key word GOVERNMENT. Where there is politicians there seems to be a lack of common sense.

I agree with you tho, total BS

Handcrafted by RollDdice, who rocks my world as much as IceCat. Bouncy by Mystic

Woe's world

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-11, 07:37 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Total BS"
My explanation is the key word Obama. And it's not a good thing.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

09-24-11, 08:35 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Total BS"
This is complete nonsense. What jobs it would create wouldn't be available for 3 years or more. It's nice to know that Obama spends hundreds of thousands of dollars to go to the bridge to try and gain political points even though his own party wont bring the bill forward. I'm ashamed to call this guy our leader more every day.

I guess if you were looking for something good out of it I guess you could say that the oil companies made some money moving Air Force One and all the support team around the country... hmmm I guess some Democrat can find a Bush bash in there too because of it.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

09-26-11, 11:43 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Total BS"
What jobs it would create wouldn't be available for 3 years or more.

Please explain. And I can't tell if you're saying it's complete nonsense on the story being reported or that the jobs are going to other countries.

09-26-11, 09:21 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Total BS"
Both, I guess. This "shovel-ready" project wouldn't have hard hats on the ground for 3 years, and this was nothing more than a political stunt with us footing the bill. I'm also sure much of the steel and such would be going overseas.

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

09-27-11, 08:08 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Total BS"
You do realize the jobs lost are current engineering jobs right? The shovel may not hit the dirt til 3 years, but the engineering of the job starts early.

09-27-11, 08:16 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Total BS"
Are you ok with this work given to the Chinese? I'm thinking even if it is 3 years before the jobs show up that Americans are going to need the work even more.

My point is it's sad when state government isn't willing to invest in it's own people. I have to wonder how many politicians got a little extra something by coming in under budget.

09-27-11, 10:04 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Total BS"
No, it would make the most sense to use steel and such made in the US.

foonermints 14531 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-11, 12:36 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Total BS"
This is sure double-dealing nonsense. Maybe he can get a job as a card sharp?

Thanks to the Berry amendment my workplace keeps going ahead with their government contracts.
Of course in a civilan marketplace cheap Chinese imports are the reason I no longer have a factory that employs 50 people.
I'm probably fortunate to have the design job I currently do.
Especially because I am very lazy.

CTgirl Obama Chupacabra habla: Hah Hah Hah!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 11:10 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Total BS"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-11 AT 01:16 PM (EST)

ETA: My statements below were an incorrect reading. The stimulus funding DID have the U.S. company caveat (corporation could be foreign owned, but must be used AT a U.S. based company).

So states got stimulus funds to do this, then gave it to foreign bidders? That seems so wrong. Seems like there should've been more common sense used by our state governments, or our federal government should've put a requirement on stimulus funds being spent on U.S. owned companies. I suppose even that gets tricky to enforce, though? How much of a shell game is that, where a temporary "company" is set up in the project-origin country, but profits still go back to the parent company in the other country? These are things I don't know.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 12:20 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Total BS"
"The state of California rejected federal funding for a major portion of the Bay Bridge in order to go with a Chinese company that offered the lowest bid."

I don't think they took the federal money.

I'd like to hear more about the 3 year wait on the jobs from Keith, that comment didn't make sense. The jobs that stayed over seas are the engineering jobs, those would happen right now had an American company been chosen.

We remain free to dislike anyone we please, but the Constitution continues to demand that we respect their civil rights.- MO

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 01:13 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Total BS"
Thanks for being a more careful reader than I.

-A Tribetastic Creation

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

09-26-11, 09:17 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Total BS"
LAST EDITED ON 09-26-11 AT 09:19 PM (EST)

Well....being in government everyone is always screaming to save them money and go with the lowest bid but sometimes it doesn't get you the best quality and the Congress never looks at the timing of the money arriving (thus you'll have several projects that clog up all the roads/bridges in one area) and lots of demands to end the prevailing wages (Davis-Bacon) so those union thugs don't get their cut and let the little guy bid. Well I guess that will let China bid more too plus who needs middle class wages.

We got tons of Obama bucks for "security" projects and improving the water, sewer, and drain systems that no ones sees thus never think of until their house backs-up then they wonder why it was never maintained or fixed. With out it I would be we would have seen many of our field staff laid off but for the week that our boss was in the US Senate race he was all against it.

In Michigan we need about $2.7 billion next year to fix what is poor or below but we just cut business taxes $1.7 billion, taxed pensioners and made a ton of social program cuts and tax breaks. The gov wants to build a new bridge to Canada which would count for Fed matching funds for other infrastructure project but the private owner of the Ambassador bridge don't want a rival taking money out of his pocket thus he's lined the pockets of Dem and Pub plus spent $5 million on ads against the bridge. It's working...it's all stalled up in a Lansing committee.

I think last years nation wide ASCE last report on infrastructure stated that more than $1 or $2 Trillion was needed (this was after the Obama stimulus) for roads/bridges/ports/airports/water/sewer/drains. They gave the overall grade a D but you bet there were some states that were all A's. West Virginia was on....hummm....wonder why? Sen. Byrd before he past was king of projects for WV.

Sorry to break this to you all....it's all games and it's all political from both sides. There was a time that Oakland County never got any money back (we are still a downer county to the State) because we were run by Pubs and the rest of the state was Dems.

I would too like to hear this 3 year explanation because we still have a ton of CCTV, repairs, upgrades, liners, etc. to do that we are looking for more outside contractors, we have two under contract now, to help our crews.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig Snidget and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •