The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Three random things"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-23-10, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Three random things"
We've done this before. Tell us three random things about yourself.

I'll start:

1. Next Tuesday is my daughter's first turn as snack kid at school and I'm stressing a little about what to bring. There is a fairly long list of items not to bring, due to allergies and dietary preferences, that really could have just been shortened to "Feel free to bring anything except actual food."

2. None of my clothes fit me. I had to wear a belt yesterday to keep my pants up. Work hasn't heard about pantsless Wednesdays otherwise I'd have been just fine.

3. Today is Mr. Fro's and my anniversary. 10 years.

Your turn!

A Mmmmmmmoonie plate special!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Three random things Max Headroom 09-23-10 1
 RE: Three random things byoffer 09-23-10 2
 RE: Three random things Molaholic 09-23-10 3
 RE: Three random things samboohoo 09-23-10 4
 Your 3 samboohoo 09-23-10 5
   RE: Your 3 frodis 09-23-10 6
       RE: Your 3 samboohoo 09-23-10 8
       RE: Your 3 weltek 09-23-10 12
           RE: Your 3 frodis 09-23-10 13
 RE: Three random things jbug 09-23-10 7
   RE: Three random things samboohoo 09-23-10 9
       RE: Three random things jbug 09-23-10 11
 Happy Frodiversary! weltek 09-23-10 10
 RE: Three random things Starshine 09-23-10 14
   RE: Three random things frodis 09-23-10 16
       RE: Three random things weltek 09-23-10 17
           RE: Three random things frodis 09-23-10 18
 RE: Three random things mrc 09-23-10 15
  Three (or more) random things kingfish 09-23-10 19
 RE: Three random things iatovttotx78 09-23-10 20
   Your... jbug 09-23-10 21
 RE: Three random things zombiebaby 09-23-10 22
   RE: Three random things frodis 09-23-10 23
 RE: Three random things zipperhead 09-23-10 24
 RE: Three random things Snidget 09-23-10 25
 RE: Three random things tallgirl 09-23-10 26
 RE: Three random things VisionQuest 09-24-10 27
 UPDATE: Preschool snack frodis 09-28-10 28
   RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack arkiegrl 09-28-10 29
       RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack samboohoo 09-29-10 31
   RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack zombiebaby 09-28-10 30
   RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack weltek 09-29-10 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-23-10, 01:47 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Three random things"
1. I don't feel well today. After my 2:00 conference call, I plan on going home and telecommuting the rest of the day.

2. and 3. I'm too tired to think of anything else.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 01:57 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Three random things"
1. My new song to learn on guitar is My My, Hey Hey by Neil Young. I think it is cool that he made 2 songs out of one (Hey Hey, My My being the other) so that one was for acoustic and one was for electric. The riff they share is very cool.

2. The scheduling gawds have not been kind to me this week with respect to my kids. There was a curriculum night last night for my eldest DS, but a work meeting ran late and I could not attend. Tonight is curriculum night for my DD, but youngest DS has swimming. I am not big on curriculum night in general (I have no input on the curriculum), but thought it would be good to meet some teachers.

3. Darryl Sittler made me cry on Sunday. He was speaking at the start of the Terry Fox Run in which I participated. He talked about his (sadly) brief friendship with Terry, about how his wife had died of cancer, and about the picture of Terry he has in his house that he passes regularly. I never expected Darryl Sittler to get me all misty, but then thinking about Terry Fox often gets me emotional.

Happy Anniversary!!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 02:02 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Three random things"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-10 AT 02:10 PM (EST)

1. I've peed at Windsor Castle.

2. My cat looks like a Holstein cow and has a dog's name.

3. My first name is the first name of one uncle, and my middle name is the middle name of another uncle (my father's two brothers).

and while not exactly about me -- my cousin (the son of my middle name uncle) has the same first name as my father and the same middle name as my first name uncle. My first name uncle never had any kids, so the pattern went incomplete

ETA an Anniversary gift for the fros.

Agman gave me the finger. Now pull it.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Three random things"
1. My hands smell like garlic, and I like it. I went home for lunch and threw together my Southwestern Flank Steak for dinner tonight. I've washed my hands three times, but the garlic is still there.

2. I have started biting my nails again, something I've not done in years.

3. I am running on empty and am completely exhausted. I have a mini vacation scheduled in mid-October, which coincides with my Tri. I am saving my fumes for my race and then am going into hiding for 3 days after.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

09-23-10, 02:15 PM (EST)
5. "Your 3"
1. Juicy Juice is usually a safe choice. And what about Triscuits and Cheese Sticks? Is this standard? With today's allergies, etc., I would think they would be more inclined to have each child bring his/her own each day.

2. Come and spend a week with me. You'll never need a belt again.

3. Happy Anniversary!

09-23-10, 02:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Your 3"
No cheese, or cheese flavoring. Triscuits contain soybean oil, which is also on the no-no list.

I know, you'd think cheese and crackers would be a standard snack go-to. My kids eat cheese and crackers all the time. I'm leaning toward applesauce cups and trying to find some kind of allergen-free cinnamon pita chip or something like that.

09-23-10, 02:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Your 3"
Oh lord.

I'm about to enjoy some Triscuits and cheese right now.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 02:46 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Your 3"
No cheeeeese!? Pull Lauren out of that school!

I hear fruit on a stick is popular.

Or, go with glue. Kids love glue.

-A Tribetastic Creation

09-23-10, 02:56 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Your 3"
Ooh. I could do fruit kabobs. The only no-no fruit is strawberries, and those aren't in season right now anyway. If I made kabobs with some melons and apples that might just be perfect. Lauren could help me make them.

Plus, anything the kids can stab each other with has to be fun!

Or I could make glue sticks on a stick.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 02:28 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Three random things"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-10 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-23-10 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

1. I really have to get an appt with my regular eye doctor; left eye vision is blurier and blurier (obviously not a word as it shows misspelled )

2. I realize I seem to be getting into a slump, or down in the dumps - whatever. Need a way to pull out of this.

3. I need to have a yard sale just to sell books; I must have over a 100 paper backs & who knows how many hard cover....

ETA: #4 The county is finally paving the road in front of our house. We've been there 11 yrs so I know it's been that long; probably more like 20 since it's been paved!

Elvis in In The House - Capt'n 2010

09-23-10, 02:38 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Three random things"
1. Is this the eye you just had surgery on?
2. You're old.
3. Make sure you price them for a dollar more than you want. Yard sale shoppers are jerks.

09-23-10, 02:46 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Three random things"
LAST EDITED ON 09-23-10 AT 02:47 PM (EST)

yes, the surgery eye. The retina doctor told me the vision in it might more near-sighted than it already was. My contacts are mono-vision; right contact or far sight, left(surgery) contact for near sight. I hope I can keep wearing contacts; it would be terrible to have to start wearing glasses after all these years.
Also there is still the distortion - things out of shape with the left eye sight.

ETA: I know I am old; you don't have to tell me!
My sister turns 60 next week! Now that's old!

09-23-10, 02:44 PM (EST)
10. "Happy Frodiversary!"
1. I wore my new glasses to work today (I usually wear contacts).
2. I lost my last pair of glasses when they were too lose and I puked out the Jeep window. We had a group roadside search the next day and did not find them.
3. If I buy granola bars or fruit bars (e.g. Nutrigrain), I crave and devour the first three over a few days time. The rest of the box can sit there for a year and never get finished.
glasseshttp://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/User_files/495e36b5206fb8b7.gif
-A Tribetastic Creation

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 03:11 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Three random things"
1. Like most of OT I am tired.

2. I travel to France just to buy a ready-made Tarragon sauce

3. Civ V is out tomorrow, so I know what I am doing all weekend.

Lovely cheese Mooney

Just another Sleeperbloke

Strawberries are out of season $%£&

09-23-10, 03:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Three random things"
I once flew to Albuquerque to buy green chile sauce, and then flew back on the same plane I'd come in on.

Yep, strawberries are done, in these parts, anyway. Blueberries, too. I bought a quart of the last of the blueberries a couple of weeks ago at the farmer's market and froze them in order to make Mr. Fro's birthday blueberry pie in December.

09-23-10, 03:27 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Three random things"
Wow, that's one of the most thoughtful things I've ever heard (the blueberry thing).

-A Tribetastic Creation

09-23-10, 03:31 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Three random things"
It took 10 years, but I finally thought ahead.

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 03:22 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Three random things"
Well, see, I have this tingling sensation in my left upper thigh . . .

1. I've lost 13 pounds since April, and my blood pressure and cholesterol are much better than they were. (I was borderline not great with both. Getting old sucks.)

2. In the past six weeks, I've been to the eye doctor four times. I went in to get a new eyeglasses prescription, and the doctor can't seem to get it right. My contact Rx is fine, but the eyeglasses Rx simply isn't working. I would say that getting old sucks, but this is the doc's fault, not mine.

3. Health insurance companies and pharmacies are stupid. In a nutshell, our uni switched carriers around the same time that one of the kiddos went in with strep. Three months later, a letter from the old carrier showed up demanding payment of $6 and some change for underpayment. Turns out, we paid out of pocket for the strep medicine, but the pharmacy billed the carrier anyway. Then, when I finally showed the pharmacy proof that we had paid full price in cash, the carrier kept pressing for payment, so I had to sic the pharmacy on it. None of this should have involved me.

4. Additionally, we are refinancing, and the loan officer can't get his crap straight. He asked for tax returns, then changed the year he needed, even though I had given him both. Then, he claimed that I didn't give him all of the paperwork, when it was his secretary who failed to copy all of the paperwork I gave her.

Wait, this ISN'T the what-sucks-in-your-life thread?! Oops!

A Slice of Manga

kingfish 20752 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 04:02 PM (EST)
19. " Three (or more) random things"
1. Awoke at 3:00 am to the sound of dripping. Probably started as part of a dream, but something moved me to actually wake up and check it out.

2. Water heater, located inthe attic, broke. Water water every where,

3. Am up to elbows in plumbers. They don't like well meant advice, and I don't like water still dripping thru ceiling.

4.They are working in a hot attic on a 90F+ day, who knows how hot it is up there.

5. I want to take a nap.

iatovttotx78 2645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

09-23-10, 04:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Three random things"
1. I can't decode if I want to stay in my current relationship or not.

2. So far in 2010, I've lost 70 pounds

3. peanut butter cookies are a major weakness for me. If they have chocolate in them, forget the diet I'm eating the whole darn plate.

Vamped by Glow.

09-23-10, 04:06 PM (EST)
21. "Your..."
#1: so sorry; hope you come to the right decision for you.

#2: You go girl!!!!

#3: I agree, chocolate is a weakness for me too.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 05:53 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Three random things"
1. Today is one of the first days where I am not really hurting from the c-section last week. Seems something is always bothering me. Today I had a headache all day.

2. I am really weepy lately. Must be hormones. I mean weepy at the drop of a hat. I made chicken last night and my 8 year old said "ick" and I burst into tears.

3. I thought my son's back to school night was Wednesday. It was Tuesday. I felt horrible and embarassed to have missed it. I never miss any school function.

I'm crying again....

You've been hotpocketed!

09-23-10, 06:20 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Three random things"
*hug* *hug* *hug*

I had the same thing happen with the crying at the drop of a hat after my kids were born. There was a series of Mother's Day commercials airing at the time that my son was born that were pure torture but at least that was understandable. I also managed to cry my eyes out at a an episode of Throwdown with Bobby Flay.

I've never been a crier. My children have ruined my steely resolve.

It's not just A Zombie Original, it's THE Zombie Original!

zipperhead 3442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-23-10, 06:24 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Three random things"
1. I recently got past a ten-year milestone as well. Congrats on yours, Fro.

2. Somehow I wound up with the 10pm - 6am shift on baby duty. Every night. It would bug me more but I found this new HD channel that has all kinds of weird so-crappy-its-fun-to-watch stuff on it during the night.

3. I've been putting off buying oil and engine coolant for the longest. Finally did it this morning on the way in to work. Wonder when I'll actually put them in the engine.

Your smile bothers me

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

09-23-10, 06:49 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Three random things"
1. I've been enjoying this video http://www.youtube.com/user/MuppetsStudio#p/u/13/B7UmUX68KtE of the Swedish Chef making Popcorn Shrimp way too much.

2. I made a lamb chop for dinner, it has been a long time and the Greek Herb Rub I have made it really yummy.

3. I'm tired of the endless summer but think they are just teasing us with a cool off on Monday. It will never end......

tallgirl 573 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-23-10, 11:38 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Three random things"
1. In the last month my oldest brother became a senior citizen and father turned 88. (Does this mean that I am also getting older?) I had a party/BBQ for them and survived. My immediate family only socializes once a year - at my place.

2. I also survived my summer from medical hell. Luckily it turns out I was right and they cost the system (OHIP) and my body alot. In over 20 visits to hospitals/MD's/tests turns out I don't have lymphoma or Castleman's disease but 5.6 cm growth (now out and through a ton of tests). I would have written a funny post about it but couldn't make it humorous.

3. Still looking for work. I stopped for a while this summer, see #2, but back at again.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-24-10, 08:11 AM (EST)
27. "RE: Three random things"
1. My homestead is infested with stinkbugs. Mostly outside, thank goodness.

2. I am obsessed with Troegs Beer Anthology cases lately. 4 different beers in one case and they are all really good. Can't wait to have some tonight.

3. I am so not looking forward to painting my DD's ceiling 3 different colors tomorrow. Fushia, Lime Green, and Blue.

09-28-10, 05:36 PM (EST)
28. "UPDATE: Preschool snack"
Because I know you've all been anxious to know what I decided to do.

Thanks to Weltek and her food on sticks suggestion, I decided to make watermelon kabobs. I bought a red watermelon and a yellow watermelon, and, because I have to be That Mom at least once in my life, I punched out the watermelon chunks in the shape of little stars and put them on lollipop sticks.

Big hit. Kids that don't like watermelon at them because they were stars. The teachers even ate them (I made extras.) My daughter got to talk about how we made the star shapes and one kid asked if she's going to be snack kid on Thursday, too.

Now that I've been That Mom at least once, I can retire to applesauce cups and snack-size bags of pretzels.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-10, 05:39 PM (EST)
29. "RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack"
Very cool!

But if you think you can go simpler now... well, you're cute when you're being naive.

09-29-10, 09:19 AM (EST)
31. "RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack"
Agree!

Very nice Frody Pop!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

09-28-10, 05:53 PM (EST)
30. "RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack"
Brava! Most impressive. File away for your son's preschool!

I stick with Jello usually. Now they will expect inividual mini gingerbread houses at Christmas!

You've been hotpocketed!

09-29-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
32. "RE: UPDATE: Preschool snack"
WOW! Those are so purty!
Another win for fruit-on-a-stick.

-A Tribetastic Creation

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •