The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-23-10, 06:31 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
When I first started to FB back in August, Mrs. Hobbs was in China back then, a few friends were in Mafia Wars and so I checked it out and it seemed fun. Being an engineer I would calculate what would give me the greatest rate of return for my money and energy. I would plot out my next purchases to maximize my earnings and but the equipment needed to advance to the next job.

It was more of an engineering problem than a game. As I advanced other parts of the game came into play: fights, war, and adding Mafia members plus the game was changing. To advance you had to keep posting "spaming" your friends wall to get gifts, energy, help, etc. and keep growing your mafia. My mafia FB friends soon out number my real friends but I was winning about 90%+ of anyone fighting me or me fighting them. Most of my loses were due to they had a bigger mafia. So I kept trying to grow. Then I found out about booklets and auto player scripts. I thought I hit the jackpot. No more click, click, click, automate banking, buying, fighting, etc. It did all the calcs and maximizing for me. I went up in levels even faster and gained more stuff but my wall was a mess and Z was always changing things to try to stop the scripts and booklets. Even with everything turned off things never worked and the pop-ups and spamming became worst. It's gotten to the point were a made a second FB account to separate my RF from my Mafia but even that is a pain but that is what most Mafia people do.

So I've come to the wise OT to ask what would you do. I still like trying to maximize the game but Z has made it impossible for me to enjoy my RF on FB. Should I just quit or split accounts or drop my Mafia and enjoy or something else.

Thanks from a possible Mafia War addict.

GO WINGS! 2008 Stanley Cup Champs!
sig JSlice and by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Maroonclown 01-23-10 1
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Starshine 01-23-10 2
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-23-10 3
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... bystander 01-25-10 23
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Estee 01-23-10 4
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Maroonclown 01-23-10 5
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-23-10 6
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... PepeLePew13 01-25-10 13
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-25-10 20
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... cahaya 01-23-10 7
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... byoffer 01-24-10 8
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Starshine 01-24-10 9
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-24-10 10
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Max Headroom 01-25-10 14
           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 26
               RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... grit 01-26-10 27
                   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 30
                       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... DearAbby 01-26-10 34
                           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 39
                               RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... SherpaDave 01-26-10 43
                                   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 44
                               RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... DearAbby 01-26-10 48
                                   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... SherpaDave 01-26-10 50
                                       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... DearAbby 01-26-10 51
                                           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... CTgirl 01-26-10 52
                                               RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... DearAbby 01-26-10 53
                                       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 54
                                           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 55
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... jbug 01-24-10 11
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Max Headroom 01-24-10 12
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... samboohoo 01-25-10 15
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... DearAbby 01-25-10 16
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... mrc 01-25-10 17
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... samboohoo 01-25-10 18
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... mrc 01-25-10 21
           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... samboohoo 01-25-10 24
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... KeithFan 01-25-10 19
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Estee 01-25-10 22
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... KeithFan 01-27-10 57
 RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... CTgirl 01-25-10 25
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... bystander 01-26-10 28
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... arkiegrl 01-26-10 37
   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... arkiegrl 01-26-10 29
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 31
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Max Headroom 01-26-10 32
           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... arkiegrl 01-26-10 36
           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... HobbsofMI 01-26-10 41
               RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... bystander 01-26-10 49
                   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Max Headroom 01-27-10 56
       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... CTgirl 01-26-10 33
           RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... arkiegrl 01-26-10 35
               RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... CTgirl 01-26-10 40
                   RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... Starshine 01-26-10 47
                       RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia Wa... arkiegrl 01-27-10 58
 Bad news. Estee 01-26-10 38
   RE: Bad news. HobbsofMI 01-26-10 42
 It's a new kind of cash crop! Estee 01-26-10 45
   RE: It's a new kind of cash crop! HobbsofMI 01-26-10 46

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 06:38 PM (EST)
1. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I apologize for not reading your entire post but as soon as I saw FB and Mafia War I felt the need to jump in with a call to intervention.

Family? Friends? We must save Byoffer. Are you with me?

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 06:39 PM (EST)
2. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I think Bystander. CTGirl and I are still suffering from our last encounter with Don Yoffer!

01-23-10, 07:03 PM (EST)
3. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Ahhhh...others have the bug too I see.

bystander 4968 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-25-10, 03:35 PM (EST)
23. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
That guy is out.of.control!

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 07:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
And y'all say my posts are incomprehensible?

The answer is always 'Leave Facebook.'

Maroonclown 5829 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 08:06 PM (EST)
5. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
*walks with arms straight out*

Must leave FB. . .Must leave FB . . .

01-23-10, 08:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-23-10 AT 08:21 PM (EST)

And anyone ever say any of mine are? or should I say are not?

MW and FB is like a love/hate thing with me.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-10, 05:54 AM (EST)
13. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I'd leave Facebook if I ever signed up in the first place. I still haven't bothered to check it out and have no plans to try it, despite my wife's pleas to join in (just so she could add "married to ... " on her profile ).

I'm already sucked in by this place, I don't have time to get sucked into another website with my workload and the kids.

01-25-10, 02:12 PM (EST)
20. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I resisted for years of pressure from friends and my sisters. With Mrs. Hobbs gone I relented because then I could keep up with what my friends were doing or going thus I could go since it seems like no one calls around anymore, they just FB it.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-10, 10:47 PM (EST)
7. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
WoW.

Worlds of Warcraft.

My advice? Take 'em out.

byoffer 15947 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-10, 00:03 AM (EST)
8. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Mafia Wars is a bad addiction, and far more negative than positive:
- having 800 FB friends so that you will have a big mafia, but only actually knowing about 50 of these!
- totally annoying flood of postings (spam) for all your friends to help on jobs etc. I do these, because they are part of the game, but IMO it spoils the friend communication part of FB.
- Staying up late to wait for energy to regerate in hopes of leveling.
- using it for a gag war against my OT-brother and suddenly getting into wars with several other OTers! (*waves to bystander, CT Girl, and Starshine*)

I know I am bad with this, as MClown has pointed out. I also know there are people much more addicted than I am. Some have multiple FB accounts so that they can have `farmer` accounts to collect loot for their main character. There are families to join and some people invest a lot of time with their families discussing tips, tricks, and strategies, and having inter-family wars.

BTW, Hobbs, those scripts are against Zynga rules, but certainly many people use them.

I still play, but much less dedicated than I was. I wish FB had a separate tab for game notifications. Then it would be easier for the fun interpersonal messages to be seen and not buried.

If anyone wants a little distraction, then stay away from Mafia Wars!! I wish I had!

*waves to MClown*

01-24-10, 03:29 AM (EST)
9. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Sorry BYoffer, I should have put a after my post it was fun IMO.

Anyway Hobbs I enjoy MW but I haven't signed up any friends specifically for it so I'm not sure if I can help, I do know that Bebo was a part of a petition asking for application updates not to appear on the front feed screen which sounds like it would help you out.

I'm on hiatus at the moment as I have completed all the jobs (except the Moscow Finale jobs which are still locked for some reason) and I don't really do the war/fight thing.

Arrrr Cap'n!

Just another Sleeperbloke

Something or Other

01-24-10, 07:27 AM (EST)
10. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Yes, I agree that it's a bad addiction for this engineer. I don't war and fight randomly except when someone puts me on a hit list over and over because I was getting $65K out of them or they just want to. They learn. One UK guy finally said mercy after he kept listing me for a day but I kept him dead so much that he could not play.

I know the scripts and booklets are again Z rules but when you have 200 stamina to go through or help with jobs or dealing with all the other spam it helps a lot and kept me playing.

I know some that have bot's or farmers but that is a bit too much for me. I'm doing fine with one guy.

I was working on FB settings last night a lot and made two list: Friends and Mafia. Then I went into the app settings and said only post my Mafia things to my Mafia list. I think this will no spam my friends. I also then went threw all my privacy setting blocking most of my info from the Mafia list since I've heard that some Mafia people get you to join them, they get your email and start hacking on it.

I then put those list to the top of my left hand side under my News Feed. Now I click on one, I get only my friends post and click on the other Mafia ones. It's made FB manageable again. It's like a separate tab that you are looking for.

I'll see how all these changes work out and if they don't then I think I'm done but if I hang in there you want another mafia member? LOL...

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-10, 07:59 AM (EST)
14. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
After you've tried those changes for a few days, let me know how they're working out. I like the idea of separating my Mafia Wars stuff from my "real" Facebook stuff, and if your ideas are a way of doing that, I'd like to try out the settings you described.

Capn2patch 2010

01-26-10, 11:32 AM (EST)
26. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Well the list work great on the left hand side. You do have to expanded it to find them at first and move them to the top so they are always visible. Then if I want to see only my RL friends, click and there they are. I'm not missing anything there which is a first for a long time.

The posting mafia stuff to non-mafia members did not work. I left Mrs. Hobbs off my mafia list and she still gets all the post. I've tried going into the app setting and say block my friends list but I think it's for my "mafia" profile only. So I sent FB an email with that question. See what happens.

I'm still torn to keep playing or give up. I've not been able to send the free gifts or ask for gifts for about a week now. Any time I try to add a member it says I've done enough for the day, try again tomorrow, and can't get my mini energy pack from the tool bar.

grit 4868 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 12:07 PM (EST)
27. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I know I was able to set my Facebook settings so I wouldn't see my daughters' and niece's Farmville or Hogwart's updates but still see their regular updates.

Can you use the same setting for Mafia Wars?

All I did was hover over the Farmville update that showed in my Facebook and a little Hide box showed up on the right. It gave me the option of hiding the person or just Farmville updates. I chose to hide Farmville and my page cleared right up.

a birthday present from agman

01-26-10, 01:33 PM (EST)
30. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 01:33 PM (EST)

Yes, individuals can set up their own FB not to see app postings but I thought I found a way to only post my app posting to a list that I made thus saving them the trouble of doing what you said.

DearAbby 3008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

01-26-10, 02:36 PM (EST)
34. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 02:37 PM (EST)

Next time you make a MW post, click on the lock next to "Share" in the bottom right corner. That will give you an option to say which peeps can see your post, and you can customize the setting so only your MW friends will be able to read it. Just be careful not to make the MW list your default setting, or no one else will see whatever you post next. Hope this helps.

ETA: I don't play MW, but I do use the lists to choose who gets to read what's on my mind.

Th-th-th-th-that's tribephyl, folks

01-26-10, 02:55 PM (EST)
39. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I see a comment lock that says friends only but I see no share lock. Could you maybe take a screen shot of it?

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 03:04 PM (EST)
43. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I'm going to be watching this thread for an answer. There are several games I play, and I never post ANY of the notices because I don't want to spam anyone who doesn't play the games in question. Which feels mean to the players who ARE posting their notices, because some of them are useful to other players (as opposed to just asking for help).

01-26-10, 03:06 PM (EST)
44. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Yep, when I was lower level and had very few Mafia it was no problem but now you have to have a big Mafia to keep moving up and getting items/help/exp/etc. but the spamming has gotten out of control IMHO thus all this work to find a solution from my end.

01-26-10, 03:55 PM (EST)
48. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Sorry to take so long. Work gets in the way, you know!

When you click in the "What's on your mind" box, you'll see the lock appear to the left of the "Share" button:

Click on the lock and go down to "Custom." Then you can choose who gets to see your post and who doesn't. You can also opt to make this your default setting, if you wish.

Good luck!

SherpaDave 8326 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 04:34 PM (EST)
50. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I looked into this a bit before you posted, and it's frustrating. Some applications pull up this kind of box for postings, but others don't. In particular, Farmville does not (dammitall, because that's the specific app I was hoping to be able to send notices only to other Farmville players). Not sure about Mafia Wars.

01-26-10, 05:09 PM (EST)
51. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Gotcha. Since I don't play MW, I wasn't aware those postings were made from the app itself. Like several other peeps in this thresd, I hide MW, Farmville, and several other apps, so I never see those posts anyway. The ones I do see, though, are when a FB friend makes a general post like "MW - jobs on my page need help." Oh, well. Sorry it won't work.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 05:15 PM (EST)
52. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
But thanks to you I have discovered how teenagers hid certain posts from their parents, aunts etc.

01-26-10, 05:40 PM (EST)
53. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Ya gotta watch those sneaky teenagers! Maybe I should delete the instructions before it's too late. Nah. It's already too late. I'm sure their peers will give them all the info they need.

01-26-10, 07:37 PM (EST)
54. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Yes, MW does not pull up a box like this. The box is in the app and then it post to your wall. There is no share lock and it's frustrating.

01-26-10, 11:31 PM (EST)
55. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 11:56 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 11:45 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 11:33 PM (EST)

I was wrong....MW post box does have the little lock and you can click it and post only to your mafia friends. Thus you are not spamming your RL crew. I did it a few times and then looked at Mrs. Hobbs FB and they were not there.

I think we found our golden egg.

So set up your list, click the lock, select customize, select specific people, select "mafia" to make this visible and hide from "friends" (could probably skip this step). Then hit save settings and then done to post. I think you have to do it every time but it can be done.

I'll keep trying to see if it stays that way since I'm going threw 200 st points.

Edit: no it does not save. You have to do it every time.

Edit: I GOT IT!!!!!!!! Go to your FB profile box and set this customization as your default. All post go to your mafia and not to your RL friends. Now you'll have to remember that when you post other things but you'll stop spamming your friends.

Edit3: Happy Dance!!!!!! I checked my locks on my post on my profile page and they all have the custom settings. No more spamming friends!!!!!!!

Edit4: There is a problem. If you post your status mobility (Win Mobile FB app - someone want to test iPhone?) there is no way to change your default. Now if you log in under mod IE, Skyfire, Opera, etc. you have the chance to change it.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

01-24-10, 05:00 PM (EST)
11. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
All I can add is that I think MW is what has Agman tied up and has taken him away from us
I think he is really into it too.

Not me; I have my hands full farming

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

01-24-10, 09:18 PM (EST)
12. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
KwietOne has two FB accounts, one for Mafia Wars and one for his family and friends. That way he can have a huge number of random Mafia Wars players on his MW account and avoid filling up his friends' walls with game stuff.

If I were more into Mafia Wars, I might take that approach too. As it is I just play for a diversion.

Capn2patch 2010

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-10, 09:10 AM (EST)
15. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I played it when I first joined FB, but I quickly grew tired of it - probably because I didn't really know what I was doing. I didn't want to get as involved in it as you need to be to be successful, so "I left the family."

I also have blocked out any MW ad that might appear on my page.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

01-25-10, 09:31 AM (EST)
16. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
A scientific study at Oxford University shows that the human brain can manage only 150 friendships. Of course, if you have a separate account for MW "friends," it doesn't count!

MC, when you're ready to start an intervention with byoffer, just let me know!

Readin' with tribephyl

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
17. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I don't do FB apps like Famrville and MW. I don't have time--too many important things to do.

Now, who's up for a Monday crush thread?

01-25-10, 09:56 AM (EST)
18. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Oooh, me! I have a new crush. I enjoyed a Bachelor marathon this weekend while I did some scrapbooking. Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake, Jake!!!!!

mrc 10113 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-10, 02:24 PM (EST)
21. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Lemme guess: you like his abs.

A PATCH of banana skin

01-25-10, 03:44 PM (EST)
24. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I like it all, but when I saw the clip of him and Jillian and his shirt was open, I said out loud, "Good lord, why haven't you been watching this????"

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

01-25-10, 10:07 AM (EST)
19. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I got to about level 250 something, finished the NY and Cuba jobs and quit. I dumped all my mafia friends.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

01-25-10, 02:26 PM (EST)
22. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I dumped all my mafia friends.

Where?

The FBI would like to know.

KeithFan 7422 desperate attention whore postings

01-27-10, 10:18 AM (EST)
57. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
They sleep with the fishes, right next to Luca Brasi.

Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it. -Ronald Reagan

01-25-10, 08:22 PM (EST)
25. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I'm getting a little bored with Mafia Wars. Treasure Madness is my current obsession!

Snowfall by Tribe

01-26-10, 01:04 PM (EST)
28. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
What? Not a fan of all those trips to rob the electronics store?

I'm determined to finish NY. I can't get hooked on another one of these games.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

01-26-10, 02:48 PM (EST)
37. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I want to finish Russia before Bangkok is available.

01-26-10, 01:14 PM (EST)
29. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Ooh, me, too! I can't decide if I should use my M$ on HP or crates. Last time I bought a treasure crate, all I got was lower end items that I already had.

01-26-10, 01:35 PM (EST)
31. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Rule No. 1 in MW - never but weapons or crates from Z. Not worth it.

01-26-10, 02:16 PM (EST)
32. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I took CTgirl's advice and am using my saved-up godfather points to buy more mafia members. That way I can avoid having random Mafia Wars-only friends and still have a shot at being competitive.

Or I could look up arkie and Hobbs and send them Mafia requests.

Capn2patch 2010

01-26-10, 02:46 PM (EST)
36. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Sure, send me a request.

01-26-10, 02:59 PM (EST)
41. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I was trying to keep OT and FB separated but I would rather have OT FB friends than random ones.

So send me a request.

01-26-10, 04:34 PM (EST)
49. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
You may also find a request from me

01-27-10, 08:48 AM (EST)
56. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
Yep, you'll need a little help for your next war with Don Yoffer.

01-26-10, 02:17 PM (EST)
33. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-10 AT 02:29 PM (EST)

I was thinking the same thing as you about the crates but then I bought one that had something I didn't have! (Of course the next crate had 3 lower end things again.) I am saving my M$ to buy time upgrades on jewel drop and maybe one other because as I level up, the games are getting harder.

01-26-10, 02:45 PM (EST)
35. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I think the second level upgrades cost too many M$. So, instead, I will use my HP to switch the game. I don't play Jewel Drop or Chestris any more.

01-26-10, 02:55 PM (EST)
40. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
At first I balked at spending the M$, but I closed out enough collections in less than a week to do it so I just took the plunge (literally about 15 minutes ago! ). I like the variety in the games. I don't need to upgrade any other games yet so I may try the HP thing to change games too.

01-26-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
47. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
I've run out of maps again

I'm saving my M$ to upgrade my equipment a $10 machete sounds good to me!

01-27-10, 08:12 PM (EST)
58. "RE: To Mafia War or not to Mafia War...that is the question"
WooHoo! TM has new maps! However, 6 require you to use M$ to purchase them. I'm going to save up for that.

01-26-10, 02:53 PM (EST)
38. "Bad news."
I just took a quick Wikipedia course in the game to get some idea of how things worked -- semi-mandatory spamming: include me out -- and the creators will be adding another area sometime this year. Get far enough in the game and you're heading to Las Vegas.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_wars

I'd give serious consideration to quitting before the scripts become pay-per-kill.

01-26-10, 03:01 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Bad news."
The semi-mandatory spamming is one big reason why I want to quit. If I can find a solution to it I may stick it out.

01-26-10, 03:07 PM (EST)
45. "It's a new kind of cash crop!"
In other Zynga game news, the company may be facing a class action suit due to unscrupulous practices (virtual cash scams which led to real bills) related to FarmVille.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FarmVille
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zynga

You might enjoy the Techcrunch articles listed as references for the later page. This company doesn't seem to care about how it makes money so much as it cares about what happens once it gets caught. (See? Some gaming corps are standard corporate citizens!)

01-26-10, 03:19 PM (EST)
46. "RE: It's a new kind of cash crop!"
I have never paid for a GP in MW....I do know some that have paid $100's and I've always felt it was a scam for them to make money.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •