The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Grrrrr"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-08, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Grrrrr"
My day is svcking.

At some point last night the cats unplugged my computer. Now, when I turn it on I get a beep code indicating a memory error. That's problematic for a couple of reasons:

1) My almost finished Survivor summary is on that computer. Now, I get to start over. (Apologies if I don't get it posted today as I had intended.)

2) I'm stuck using our Vista machine. I hate Vista. I can't find anything. Nothing's where it's supposed to be. And, I'm starting to hate this machine. For some reason it's randomly repositioning my cursor while I type. Sometimes back at the beginning of a line, sometimes somewhere in the middle of a line or word.

And, I started my day by taking Puzzle to the vet to have them look at the tumor in her ear. Obviously, it will need to be removed. The one good thing is that it won't be (or shouldn't be) as expensive as I'd feared. Oh, and looking at her records, she and her sister, Spot, turn 15 in a couple of days. Hope her blood work comes back okay. Anesthesia's tricky at that age.

So, how's your day going?

Playful memories thanks to Tribe

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Grrrrr maroonclowns mom 03-17-08 1
   RE: Grrrrr mysticwolf 03-17-08 3
       RE: Grrrrr vince3 03-17-08 5
           RE: Grrrrr mysticwolf 03-17-08 6
 RE: Grrrrr Estee 03-17-08 2
 RE: Grrrrr Snidget 03-17-08 4
   RE: Grrrrr Tahj 03-17-08 8
   RE: Grrrrr Hotchocolatebythefire 03-18-08 13
       RE: Grrrrr Snidget 03-18-08 14
 RE: Grrrrr frodis 03-17-08 7
 RE: Grrrrr Max Headroom 03-17-08 9
   RE: Grrrrr HobbsofMI 03-17-08 11
 I was issued moonbaby 03-17-08 10
 RE: Grrrrr LookeeLoo 03-17-08 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

maroonclowns mom 1102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-17-08, 11:16 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Grrrrr"

Very cold wind today but day going not bad and I`m using a Vista.

snidget

03-17-08, 11:21 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Grrrrr"
Great. Maybe you can tell me where the menus have gone so I can do stuff like, oh, say, set my homepage, clear my browser, do a search or find on a page... Simple (or what used to be simple) stuff like that.

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 11:29 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Grrrrr"
I have a Vista laptop, so.....

On my computer Internet Explorer is not only on my Desktop, but it's in my Start Menu. If you right click on the one in the Start Menu, Internet Properties pops up. Under the General tab is the Home Page listings. Looks like some of the other stuff you want to do is also on that tab, but I'm not sure about "clear my browser"... it has options for clearing out cookies/temp files......

03-17-08, 11:39 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Grrrrr"
Thanks, Vince. Yep. That's what I was looking for.

Right click the IE icon in the start menu... Go to Internet Properties... How freaking intuitive is that?!? *head shake* Damn Microsoft.

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 11:19 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Grrrrr"
Is this your cat?

(I'm going to pay for that one.)

I've had enough work wiped out by computer errors to equal three worldwide seconds of Vista operation. Sympathies.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 11:24 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Grrrrr"
So far new computer seems to be working OK. Bought a Mac notebook mostly to avoid Vista. (although there is some work I can do at home with it because some of the programs are Mac)

I had 1.5 fillings done this morning at the dentist. the 1/2 is one that had chipped recently and while they were in there anyway they might as well fix up the other side.

Needed to get some money at the bank for the contractor guys replacing the porch's woodwork. But bank now needs a bank photo ID for transactions at the teller so I had to get that made.

While my face was still drooping from the Novocaine. Luckily I don't look too much like I had a stroke.

Got the NC Zoo background. Unfortunately it doesn't have Mystic on it, just some random zebras, but I liked that one the best of the choices.

Now I just want to sleep and my jaw really hurts from holding it open too long but they are hammering too often, but I don't think it will take them too much longer to get the job done.

Trying to figure out what to make for dinner as jaw hurts. Might do some bubble and squeak. That'll get me potatoes and cabbage and maybe it'd be soft enough I won't regret eating. Soup and a peanut butter sandwich just about killed me for lunch. Just can't open without aching.

Maybe I should just have Guinness for dinner.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-08, 12:19 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Grrrrr"
I bought a Mac too, with Windows XP preloaded based on the very excellent info provided by peeps here on OT.

Things are going OK today, so far, for a Monday.

It's a Tribe!

Hotchocolatebythefire 111 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-18-08, 12:20 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Grrrrr"
Hey Snidget,

Where are you located? If you don't mind me asking?

Sig by Tribephyl...its hot I know!

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-08, 01:13 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Grrrrr"
I work at UNC-Chapel Hill. I live west of there.

frodis 4442 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-17-08, 11:59 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Grrrrr"

Some random guy came to my front door, peeked in, saw me, and left. I'm feeling a little creeped out today.

Sweet Springy Shar Sig!

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 12:25 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Grrrrr"
Today is a Monday.

DD spent much of last night waking up, then coming down the hall screaming to wake DW and I up. So I'm tired. This morning my watch had a wardrobe malfunction (the band broke), so I got to spend my lunch hour going to two stores to find a replacement. And I also got to fill up my car on bargain-priced gas at $3.33 a gallon.

But none of that compares to memory errors and lost Survivor summaries.

A SharTribe creation!

HobbsofMI 16065 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 12:57 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Grrrrr"
Gas...$4 a gallon...I hadn't heard that....

GO WINGS!
sig by Pepe, bouncy by IceCat, and bobble head by Tribephyl

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-08, 12:50 PM (EST)
10. "I was issued"
marching orders from the Empire last week. Things are really hectic today, and probably will be until it's a wrap. I've been running on empty for quite a while so I don't know where the OOMPH will come from.

I hope your day gets better!

LookeeLoo 1169 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-17-08, 03:55 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Grrrrr"
Meow...

Hope your 'puter heals soon.

Hope your critters heal sooner.

My day is going OK. Had a routine Dr. appt. and decided to take the rest of the day off since my bosses are at a seminar.

*smooch*

agman original 2007

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •