The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Summer beauty thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

06-21-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Summer beauty thread"
Okay ladies, summertime is here and I need to look gorgeous. Has anyone discovered any new fabulous beauty products they want to share?

Also, has anyone tried L'Oreal's new mineral foundation? It looks pretty similar to BMs and it's only around $13 at my Walmart, but if it doesn't cover as well as BMs, I'm not interested.

I'm going to get a haircut later today and a pedi tomorrow to kick off my summer beauty the right way.

Luna's Eclipses

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Summer beauty thread zombiebaby 06-21-06 1
   RE: Summer beauty thread StarryLuna 06-21-06 2
       RE: Summer beauty thread Magnolia_Rocker 06-21-06 3
   RE: Summer beauty thread Buggy 06-21-06 4
 RE: Summer beauty thread Buggy 06-21-06 5
 RE: Summer beauty thread samboohoo 06-21-06 6
   RE: Summer beauty thread StarryLuna 06-21-06 7
       RE: Summer beauty thread samboohoo 06-21-06 8
       RE: Summer beauty thread June Bug 06-21-06 9
 RE: Summer beauty thread weltek 06-21-06 10
   RE: Summer beauty thread StarryLuna 06-21-06 12
 RE: Summer beauty thread dragonflies 06-21-06 11
   RE: Summer beauty thread StarryLuna 06-21-06 13
 RE: Summer beauty thread frisky 06-21-06 14
 RE: Summer beauty thread CutsyTootsy 06-21-06 15
   RE: Summer beauty thread FishWoman 06-21-06 16
       RE: Summer beauty thread CutsyTootsy 06-21-06 17
           RE: Summer beauty thread EMTBGRL 06-21-06 18
           RE: Summer beauty thread FishWoman 06-22-06 23
   *wiggles toes* Breezy 06-22-06 22
 RE: Summer beauty thread geg6 06-21-06 19
 RE: Summer beauty thread ginger 06-21-06 20
   RE: Summer beauty thread geg6 06-22-06 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-21-06, 12:34 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
New kicks from Lands End! I got them in pink! Thsoe water/sand sneakers!

I love 'em!

I go very natural in the summer...just some Oil of Olay moisturizer with sunscreen. No makeup even though I probably need it!

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

06-21-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I don't usually wear makeup in the summer either, but it's another big wedding summer, so I have to make myself look human on those days at least.

Luna's Eclipses

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

06-21-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
Have you tried Aloette's Ultra finish powder foundation? I absolutely love the stuff. It's very light but covers great.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 12:47 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I have those water shoes from Lands End ( I think they are the same ones)

I have them in navy and orange!

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 12:48 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
Can't help you, Luna.
No beauty happening around here.

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I swear by any Neutrogena or Aveeno product. Neutrogena has a skin-clearing foundation, that I love.

If you're a coffee drinker, Crest has a day and night whitening toothpaste line, which work pretty well. They also have an Advanced Care rinsing product that is very similar to Listerine, but it tastes so much better.

Have you ever tried John Frieda hair products? I use the Brilliant Brunette and love them. <---- Hair food, not brain food.

It's Arkie Love

06-21-06, 01:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I'm currently using the Suave rip-off of the John Frieda Blond products. Of course, I don't currently have any dyed hair, but I figured it may bring out my natural highlights. I've only been using them for about a week though, so I haven't seen much difference. Plus, the ends are of my hair are so crazy fried from almost a year of blow dryer abuse (my last haircut was in September) that I don't think I'd even notice if anything else was going on with my hair.

I glanced at the Neutrogena and Aveeno facial cleansers the other day when I was picking some up. I was kind of in a hurry though, so I didn't have a chance to go through the ingredients. Most zit clearing face washes have salycilic acid as the active ingredient, but I've discovered that my face responds better when benzoyl peroxide is the active ingredient. Johnson & Johnson's Clean & Clear Continuous Clean is my current cleanser of choice. The only downside is that if I accidentally leave some on my face it bleaches my towels when I dry off. Several towels have nice big pinkish spots on them now. Oh well, at least my skin is getting clearer.

Another Syren Summer Siggy!
Luna's Eclipses

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:25 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
Okay, I just checked. Everything I have does have salycilic acid as the active ingredient except for the Neutrogena Clear Pore Cleanser/Mask. The active ingredient is benzoyl peroxide. You can use it as an everyday cleanser or a weekly mask. I use it weekly because it's a little drying on my cheeks.

Also, JF makes something called Shine Shock. It's in the brunette line, but I would think he has something similar for blondes. It's great for dry hair, abused hair. I use it mainly on my ends because of the blow dryer/curling iron on the ends. I used to have split ends, but I haven't in a long, long, long time. And I do my hair everyday, sometimes twice.

It's Arkie Love

June Bug 13 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
>I'm currently using the Suave rip-off
>of the John Frieda Blond
>products.

I'm testing the Suave blond products, too. Avon did away with their line, which I LOVED. So far, I don't think this is as nice as Avon's but it is better than Pantine's. I haven't tried any others yet.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:29 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I tried the sample of Neutrogena's new mineral powder foundation & didn't think it covered that well. The built in brush shaker is nice, though. Of the 4 brands I've tried, BM still covers the best. However, I like a fuller coverage & some people prefer a sheer coverage.

Hm. I don't think I've tried any other summer beauty products lately.

06-21-06, 01:49 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
*smooches* Thanks for being the guinea pig, Weltek! I like a fuller coverage too, plus I *know* that BM won't make me break out. Honestly, I think it protects my skin from other irritants - most nights, I sleep with it on. When I don't sleep with it on is when I have a breakout.

Luna's Eclipses

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 01:36 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
You're beautiful just the way you are Luna!

06-21-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
You are my favorite today.

Luna's Eclipses

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 03:15 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
LAST EDITED ON 06-21-06 AT 03:15 PM (EST)

I? Am a Lush.

Rolly made this.
Desperate Housecats

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-21-06, 03:18 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I painted my toes on Sunday with my new OPI color "Strawberry Margarita." They are all summery now.

I bought more of my favorite B&BW flavor - white tea and ginger. I love their body splash for summer- not to strong.

Lastly, I got some new BM "Warm Radiance." It's kind of sparkly and I like to dust it on my arms and décolleté for a warm glow.

A Syren original!

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-21-06, 04:27 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
ooh, i may have to stop by B&BW on my way home. white tea and ginger sounds like a really nice summery scent.

I rarely wear make-up, but did yesterday as I had an interview. Word of advise to those who prolly already know - when you wear mascara, and then go for a 30 minute run in 90 degree weather, and keep wiping the sweat out of your eyes, your mascara will give you great big raccoon eyes, at which your husband will laugh hysterically when you return to the house. Next time, I will wash off my face before my run!

~a summer siggie by syren~

CutsyTootsy 1795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

06-21-06, 05:06 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
They have some really nice scents out right now! I was given a little lotion bottle the other day from my friend called "coconut lime verbena". It's kind of tropical smelling. Good for massages!

BTW I like your new siggie!

A Syren original!

EMTBGRL 2514 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

06-21-06, 05:24 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
With complete seriousness?

Water.

Nothing helps beauty along more than adequate hydration. There's no make-up on the market that will make your skin look better if you are not hydrating enough. It's *the* secret of supermodels. When they answer "Water" to the same question, people often laugh at them, as if it's a joke. But, it's true. Skin looks healthy and more glowing if you drink required water a day.

FishWoman 1510 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-22-06, 09:59 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
That sounds good too, even though I don't really like coconut.

I lvoe my new siggie! All the best-dressed girls are wearing a Syren this season!

~a summer siggie by syren~

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 08:29 AM (EST)
22. "*wiggles toes*"
Love OPI, I have My Chihuahua Bites! on. My DD has Strawberry Margarita on her toes.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 05:28 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
Well, I've been pushing Jergen's Natural Glow in every beauty thread for months now. They should pay me a finder's fee at this point.

My newest thing I really like is Trident White gum. As a smoker, I am always looking for things to keep my teeth white. I use the Crest White Strips, but I can't use them every day as they make my very thin tooth enamel hurt if I do. But the gum is good on days I don't use the strips.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

06-21-06, 05:43 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
I like Ojan hair mist. I like the smell.

I like the Body Shop Kinetin eye stuff:
http://www.thebodyshop.com/bodyshop/cart/cart.jsp?categoryId=cat3840003&_requestid=1413043

It feels great and provides at least a cosmetic reduction in under eye circles.

I remain steadfast in my BM worship. I am using the same pot of foundation I bought over 18 months ago - using it nearly every day, and still not used up. I turned my friend C. onto the stuff last month - she has rosacia (probably not spelled correctly) - and she loves it, now, too.

And ladies, especially those of you who are under 30, REMEMBER THE SUNSCREEN AT ALL TIMES! My long-time girlfriends are complaining that I smoked for 30 years but have fewer wrinkles than they do...it's because I have been wearing high SPF sunscreen on face since age 25 or so, I think.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

06-22-06, 08:06 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Summer beauty thread"
Agree with you on the sunscreen, Ginger.

I, too, am a long-time smoker with few wrinkles. I chalk it up to good genetics from my dad, a very strict skin regimen since my early 20s, and the use of copious amounts of sunscreen on the face. People are always surprised when I tell them my age.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •