The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Another Week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-03-05, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Another Week"
I have tons of things on the "to do" list but I hope to be here more than last week. The weather is suppose to be more fallish here this week and I can't wait.

What is going on with you this week?

It's a Nutz!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Another Week skye 10-03-05 1
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 6
   *waves to Skye* northernlights 10-03-05 14
       *waves back at Lightsy* skye 10-03-05 16
 A report from the north... northernlights 10-03-05 2
   RE: A report from the north... volsfan 10-03-05 7
 RE: Another Week samboohoo 10-03-05 3
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 8
 RE: Another Week zombiebaby 10-03-05 4
   RE: Another Week samboohoo 10-03-05 5
       RE: Another Week zombiebaby 10-03-05 10
           RE: Another Week samboohoo 10-03-05 13
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 9
       RE: Another Week zombiebaby 10-03-05 11
           RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 12
 RE: Another Week newsomewayne 10-03-05 15
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 19
 RE: Another Week adricharlie 10-03-05 17
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 20
       RE: Another Week adricharlie 10-03-05 22
 RE: Another Week dragonflies 10-03-05 18
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 21
 RE: Another Week weltek 10-03-05 23
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 24
       RE: Another Week weltek 10-03-05 29
           RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 30
 RE: Another Week geg6 10-03-05 25
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 27
 RE: Another Week Coconut 10-03-05 26
   RE: Another Week volsfan 10-03-05 28
 Its a normal week (busy) universityofkentuckyrocks 10-03-05 31
   RE: Its a normal week (busy) volsfan 10-03-05 32
       RE: Its a normal week (busy) universityofkentuckyrocks 10-03-05 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-03-05, 08:15 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Another Week"
Over the weekend I dug out the last of the weeds in the existing flower beds around the house and mulched the 3 new ones we built. Today I'm at home with a sick kid.

The rest of the week is work, work, work but next weekend we'll be prepping the new vegetable garden for spring.

Right now the soil is crap so I'll be digging out the composter and tilling it into the soil and then mulching the bed. I've already bought my seeds (tomatoes, carrots, spinach, banana squash and beans) so I'm looking forward to to-die-for gardens next summer.

I also bought seeds for hollyhocks, sunflowers, and lupins as well as a wildflower mix for the flowerbeds. And seeds for strawberries, lime basil and english chamomile to grow on the deck. Oh and scarlet sage and english lavender for the new herb bed I build.

Um, I think I got carried away.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

10-03-05, 08:47 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Another Week"
I am going to be preparing the yard for fall. Sounds like you are busy too! Don't work too hard.

It's a Nutz!

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
14. "*waves to Skye*"
Nice weekend for garden work wasn't it? I pulled the carrots this weekend and my first gardening season has officially come to a close. I had pretty good results for saying it was my first attempt.

We have 15 bags of green beans in the freezer, 4 small jars of bread and butter pickles, 3 quart jars of b&b pickles, 5 quarts jars of dill carrots and 13 pint jars of dill carrots. We also have a bunch of cherry tomatoes ripening under newspaper. I ended up with a lot more carrots than I thought I would so we have 3 large bags of carrots in the fridge. They are so good. We've been eating them with every meal.

The romaine lettuce grew really well too. Of course it's long gone like the radish but it was good while it lasted. I've got definite ideas about next year's garden already. Most importantly, the green beans will be planted on the outside edge of the garden rather than in the middle. Carrots will go in the middle because they're last to be pulled.

We also planted a rock garden this summer. We had a steep hill at the cottage that we didn't want to wash away. Rather than plant grass and have to cut grass on a steep hill we planted a rock garden. There is grass growing on the top level now and next spring we'll plant grass on the lower level.

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-03-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
16. "*waves back at Lightsy*"
LAST EDITED ON 10-03-05 AT 09:45 AM (EST)

This will be my first foray into vegetable gardening too so we'll just have to hope for the best. I tried to pick hardy, fool-proof stuff but I couldn't resist buying seeds for jumbo pink banana squash and asparagus beans. If they turn out I'll send you some seeds next fall. Plus I should have tons of hollyhock seeds.

Pretty much every bed on the property was started from scratch this year. The house had been so neglected that the yard was just a mass of weeds. We've now ripped out most of the yard and started from scratch.

I'll have to post some before and afters in the blog once the vegetable bed is finished next weekend.

Edited because apparently english is my second language.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.

northernlights 5058 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
2. "A report from the north..."
The weather here is quite warm for October. We're not used to wearing shorts (which I am today) at this time of year. The hunters are not happy. It is supposed to be 25C today and tomorrow but cooling off by the weekend.

This week will likely be a very busy one for me. I'm having my family up for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday so I'll have to get my act together and plan a menu soon. We're also going to be re-parging our foundation on the weekend so we have to buy supplies and get the preparation work done this week after work.

We closed up the cottage on the weekend so I have a pile of stuff to find a place for at home. Everything that can freeze has to be brought home for the winter so it's a bit of a pain. We're planning on putting the for sale sign up this weekend so I'm going to have to start having the house in showing condition all the time. Ugggh.

I also have to get my glasses fixed seeing as I broke them on Friday night. No, I wasn't drunk and fell down. I was just cleaning the lenses and the frame broke in half. Thankfully I had my old glasses at the cottage or I would have had to resort to my contacts. My old glasses are much heavier than my new ones and they're not bifocal so they are causing me a little grief. Hopefully I can get new frames quickly and inexpensively.

The best news is that the boss and his evil wife are away this week so the office should be a much happier place than normal.

10-03-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
7. "RE: A report from the north..."
Wow...you do have a busy time. Sounds like a pain to have move things back and forth from the cabin and then to have to keep the house in good condition stinks! Better you than me!

It's a Nutz!

samboohoo 17173 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Another Week"
I've got one more week of being extremely busy at work, then things should slack off somewhat. I took a much needed day off last Friday, and I'm doing it again this Friday, although I'll have the little one with me, so I won't get as much done around the house as I would like.

I made a big pot of beef stew yesterday. Nummy, nummy.

Nutzy skeered me

10-03-05, 08:51 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Another Week"
A big pot of beef stew reminds me of winter...one of my mom's comfort food during cold weather. I can't wait to make a big pot of chili and wear the ole sweater and be comfortable. I.LVOE.FALL!

(((HUGS)))

It's a Nutz!

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 08:28 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Another Week"
I wish it would get a touch more fall-like here. Still warm.

My big decisions this week is to rotate my new fall sig pics!

I have a Harvest Moonbaby!

10-03-05, 08:30 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Another Week"
Oooooooh, that's purty!

It's very fall-like here this morning -- 50 degrees. Thankfully, we'll be topping off at 85.

Nutzy skeered me

10-03-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Another Week"
Yeah mornings and nights are cool now but daytime gets hot!

I want to put the kids in their new fall clothes! I love new kid clothes!

Arkie loves me!

10-03-05, 09:03 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Another Week"
I love new kid clothes, too. I got some pretty good deals this year at Target for Conner. Old Navy hasn't had much. I think I'll try the outlet, but I don't have a trip planned for up there until December.

I bought myself a few new things this weekend.

Nutzy skeered me

10-03-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Another Week"
That is a big decision butt I like the one you used here. Everyone is saying we will not have much of a colorful fall season this year because it has been so dry. The leaves are just roasting on the trees and falling off...no orange and red colors

It's a Nutz!

10-03-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Another Week"
Our "grass" is still a dessert. The only thing green on our lawn is the weeds. Nothing but dust.

Yeah the leaves will be just crinkly brown.

Tribephyl rocks!

10-03-05, 08:57 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Another Week"
We don't have grass either. I mowed the weeds in the back yard Friday just to knock them down. I am hoping that I have mowed the grass for the last time this year.

It's a Nutz!

newsomewayne 9353 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Another Week"
I have butt two plans for this week. One is to show off my new Halloween siggie as much as possible. (Thanks, Tribe)

The second is to leave Friday for four days in the Smokies. As you've said, the leaf forecast is not looking good because of the dry weather. I'll let you know what it's like, though. At least the temps are supposed to be more 'fallish.'

Oh, and watch our Vols whip the dog-stuffing out of Georgia, so I've got three things. I could've gone to the game, but I'd already made plans to go camping and since this is DW's fall break, I've got no choice on when we go.

10-03-05, 10:15 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Another Week"
I have to show my Halloween siggie too...thanks to Nutz. I was in the mountains last weekend and the leaves were still green and I couldn't really see any changes starting. I hope you have good weather and enjoy!

It's a Nutz!
I hope we beat the carp out of the Bullpuppies! I am sick up and fed with the close games...I would like to win by 87 touchdowns.

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
17. "RE: Another Week"
As usual I have a pretty busy week planned with work, school, daughters girl scouts and sons boy scouts. At least this week I think I'll be working straight day shift hours instead of flip flopping like I've been doing the last month or two.

The weather here is very warm today but supposed to cool off tomorrow with a day of rain and thunderstorms. Hopefully the insurance adjuster will come this week so we can get the house fixed before winter comes.

10-03-05, 10:17 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Another Week"
We are going to get rain mid-week and then cooler weather...can't come soon enough for me.

It's a Nutz!

adricharlie 1340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 10:27 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Another Week"
I agree completely, I just dread the sniffles that come with the drastic weather change. It is just plain muggy right now, which is worse than the heat.

Hopefully this weekend we're gonna take a drive up to the Northshore and see some pretty fall colors.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 10:06 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Another Week"
I'm sick. Headcold, sniffling, sneezing, congested, headache. But I still came in to work. I know, I know, why infest everyone. Well, they would all kill me if I didn't do payroll. So I am staying in my office, getting done what needs to be done, and going home.

Dang, it's gonna be mid-upper 80s here today. Record high temp and I won't even enjoy it. *pout*

anyone got any home remedies? I already drank some honey/cider vinegar in hot water.

10-03-05, 10:18 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Another Week"
We are not having record highs but it is warm. I have the windows open now but will have to turn the air conditioner on by mid-afternoon.

Add a shot of vodka to the honey/cider vinegar...my parents never drink but they swear the vodka helps break things up.

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 10:44 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Another Week"
Nolay & I are getting ready for a chili cookoff this weekend, I'm doing some Tastefully Simple party prep and I hope to get some cleaning done around the house.

I might take a day off & finish a project for work.

10-03-05, 10:54 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Another Week"
A chili cookoff? NUMMY! You don't have to give me your recipe but what is your secret ingredient?

It's a Nutz!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 12:56 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Another Week"
We try something new every year & it's usually on the fly. Last year I went for a sweet/hot traditional with some maple syrup. Won second place to a "chicken stew"....I don't think theirs qualified as a red chili, but that's just me.

The year before we did a super hot & chunky with big chunks of veggies & lots of chipotle pepper. Again, came in second to a milder version that was quite similar.

This year? Nolay is either doing a chorizo & shredded beef or chorizo & chicken base with his homemade hotsauce in it. It's his turn to cook-he was too hungover last year.

We test made some with chocolate & thought it was gross. Also tried cinnamon, which was better, but still not our cup of tea.

10-03-05, 03:26 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Another Week"
Yeah I remember you telling us last year about coming in second...has it already been a year? WOW!

I was watching Alton Brown the other night and he was making chili and he said that he always uses shredded beef in his chili because he thinks it absorbs and hold flavor better than ground beef. I haven't made chili with shredded beef to find out but I may try it!

Good luck.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
25. "RE: Another Week"
Weather is supposed to turn here in Western PA on Thursday. I'm ready for it.

I have a very busy period here at work this week. I am on the search committees to fill the open admissions counselor positions and we have interviews scheduled every day this week. Since admissions is so short staffed, I have volunteered to help out when I can. Accordingly, I am scheduling some high school visits and helping prep for the first big events of recruitment season, an application day next Monday and the Fall Open House two Saturdays from now. We will also be hosting the fall professional development meeting and luncheon of the county high school counselors' organization on Friday.

At home, same old, same old for the most part. Laundry, ironing, cooking. Oh, and after a month-long wait for an appointment, getting my land line phone installed.

On OT, causing my usual havoc, I guess. You know, being outraged by people wanting to control me, being emotionally invested in political topics that affect me, confounding those who confuse the term feminist with someone who has no sense of humor or sexual desires and who is apparently too stupid to know how babies are made or how to prevent them. My bad for the cross-threading sarcasm. Well, not really. I mean the sarcasm, but not the mea culpa.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

10-03-05, 12:51 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Another Week"
You need to hire a cabana boy to do all your work around the house. I hear they are not that expensive!

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings

10-03-05, 12:23 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Another Week"
Busy here, too. It's World Breastfeeding Week, so we had a kiosk at the health clinic today, and I have posters to distribute. I took Dominou along as a sample of what extended breastfeeding can do for you (produce something that drools and draws on himself with crayon. It's not for everyone). He's napping, so I should be studying because I have an appointment with my prof tomorrow, but I'm here. This afternoon, we'll do garden work.

The rest of the week is normal work, although my mom is arriving Thursday and I have my hideous glucose test Friday AM (blech). We're having Thanksgiving with friends, but no menu yet.

Have a great week, guys!

PM has a very twisted mind

Coc au Flange-- Official Dish of the Phoquetard Inquisitorial Squad

10-03-05, 12:52 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Another Week"
Be sure to keep us updated on the planning for Thanksgiving. Are you going to bake a turkey?

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
31. "Its a normal week (busy)"
I'm anxiously awaiting next week b/c I get a five day weekend!

I'm loving the heat. Nothing better than have warm days! Today we hit 87 degrees. Tommorow and Wednsday we will get record heat! Then Thursday through Saturday were in the 60's. But back in the 70's and 80's next week.

I'll be at home most of the week doing homework, studying hard since its the last week of the first quarter. but at my school thats like 30 minuites and I'm done.

On Saturday I'll be going to a *gasp* UL game with two friends. I went to one last week to since the parents are not confident about UL!

UL will always suck in my book

10-03-05, 04:40 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Its a normal week (busy)"
So you will be rooting against UL...right?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

universityofkentuckyrocks 2575 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

10-03-05, 04:57 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Its a normal week (busy)"
I do not cheer for anyone, so I technically don't cheer for anyone. But my friends catch me whispering yes when the other team does something good. I cheer for the other team silently~ If I'm at home I cheer against them bigtime. They do try to get me celebrated byt yelling in my ear but thats how we are. We pick on each other all the time!

UL will always suck in my book

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •