The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"More good news from Iraq..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10426 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

10-13-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"More good news from Iraq..."
LAST EDITED ON 10-13-04 AT 04:04 PM (EST)

Well, looks like our actions against Samarra and our upcoming action against Ramadi is starting to have an effect on the Sunni tribal leaders in Fallujah. Note, though, that even the Post spins our unilateral decision (or should we say "blunder") to call off a Fallujah attack in April into a military victory for the terrorists. And it looks like a sizable number of Iraqis don't have much more sympathy for Zarqawi's beheadings than we do...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A28105-2004Oct12.html

Local insurgents in the city of Fallujah are turning against the foreign fighters who have been their allies in the rebellion that has held the U.S. military at bay in parts of Iraq's Sunni Muslim heartland, according to Fallujah residents, insurgent leaders and Iraqi and U.S. officials.

Relations are deteriorating as local fighters negotiate to avoid a U.S.-led military offensive against Fallujah, while foreign fighters press to attack Americans and their Iraqi supporters. The disputes have spilled over into harsh words and sporadic violence, with Fallujans killing at least five foreign Arabs in recent weeks, according to witnesses.

U.S. and Iraqi authorities together have insisted that if Fallujah is to avoid an all-out assault aimed at regaining control of the city, foreign fighters must be ejected. Several local leaders of the insurgency say they, too, want to expel the foreigners, whom they scorn as terrorists. They heap particular contempt on Abu Musab Zarqawi, the Jordanian whose Monotheism and Jihad group has asserted responsibility for many of the deadliest attacks across Iraq, including videotaped beheadings.

"He is mentally deranged, has distorted the image of the resistance and defamed it. I believe his end is near," Abu Abdalla Dulaimy, military commander of the First Army of Mohammad, said.

One of the foreign guerrillas killed by local fighters was Abu Abdallah Suri, a Syrian and a prominent member of Zarqawi's group. Suri's body was discovered Sunday. He was shot in the head and chest while being chased by a carload of tribesmen, according to a security guard who said he witnessed the killing.

Among the tensions dividing the locals and the foreigners is religion. People in Fallujah, known as the city of mosques, have chafed at the stern brand of Islam that the newcomers brought with them. The non-Iraqi Arabs berated women who did not cover themselves head-to-toe in black -- very rare in Iraq -- and violently opposed local customs rooted in the town's more mystical religious tradition. One Fallujah man killed a Kuwaiti who said he could not pray at the grave of an ancestor.

Residents said the overwhelming majority of Fallujah's people also have been repulsed by the atrocities that Zarqawi and other extremists have made commonplace in Iraq. The foreign militants are thought to produce the car bombs that now explode around Iraq several times a day, and Zarqawi's organization has asserted responsibility for the slayings of several Westerners, some of which were shown in videos posted on the Internet.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: More good news from Iraq... PagongRatEater 10-13-04 1
   RE: More good news from Iraq... desert_rhino 10-13-04 2
       RE: More good news from Iraq... PagongRatEater 10-13-04 3
           RE: More good news from Iraq... Spidey 10-13-04 5
               RE: More good news from Iraq... desert_rhino 10-13-04 6
       RE: More good news from Iraq... NolayC 10-13-04 4
 RE: More good news from Iraq... seahorse 10-13-04 7
 RE: More good news from Iraq... probably clueless 10-14-04 8
   RE: More good news from Iraq... AugustGirl 10-14-04 9
 The only good news I want to hear..... AugustGirl 10-14-04 10
   RE: The only good news I want to he... probably clueless 10-14-04 11
   RE: The only good news I want to he... Deonna 10-14-04 12
   RE: The only good news I want to he... brvnkrz 10-14-04 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:13 PM (EST)
1. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
That is good to hear. I asked last month how the Iraqi people put up with all these bombings and cop killers....sounds like they aren't down with it so much after all. I think both the Iraqi's and the American's have to think that the sooner we can get the country in order and leave, the better.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:15 PM (EST)
2. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
You know, I'm not terribly shocked to learn that the average Iraqi doesn't like the semi-random bombings.

Just saying.

PagongRatEater 12996 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:20 PM (EST)
3. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
I'm shocked that with such a proliferation of violence, especially toward the police that are the best chance of getting the US out, the Iraqi's haven't risen up en masse against it. In some ways there is a tacit implication that while they don't approve, they don't specifically DIS-approve either.

Spidey 6259 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:39 PM (EST)
5. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
In some ways there is a tacit implication that while they don't approve, they don't specifically DIS-approve either.

Personally, I think they are too scared sh!tless to leave their homes, let alone rise up en masse

And I can't say I blame them.

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 04:53 PM (EST)
6. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
Pretty much. I know I'd have a hard time putting my family's lives at risk when all I was trying to do was get through the damn day without some buttmunch blowing up a car on my kids.

But what do I know? I'm just a naive romantic.

NolayC 1251 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

10-13-04, 04:23 PM (EST)
4. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
You aren't saying that people are people are you, and that in the end most everyone everywhere wants the same thing?

Handcrafted by RollDdice. yes that would be Krispy Kreme's

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

10-13-04, 11:53 PM (EST)
7. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
It's about time we hear from the little guys.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 06:35 AM (EST)
8. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
What seems logical, proper and ordinary for us in the US confounds most middle easterners. If that weren’t true we wouldn’t be in this mess in Iraq. They need and expect to have their public busses pull off to the side of the road at prayer time. They do things different then we do. We aren’t going to go in, drop a mess of bombs, establish democracy and make the US safe from terrorists. ‘Order’ as the US seems to perceive it was never there to begin with so don’t even think about the concept of restoring it.

Keep in mind that many Afghanis went ballistic last week during elections because the bingo thumb blotters they were using as voter registrations had the wrong kind of ink. The middle east version of our infamous hanging chads.

Hundreds of men, women and children have been killed in this fight against terrorism and the axis of evil so we will all be safe. A few of these deaths have been high profile beheadings by al-Zarqawi. There are some other familiar names out there as well.

What I find pathetic is that Bush and Cheney have blown through $120 bil and have yet to eliminate many of the high profile bastards they are always complaining about. Our Commander-in-chief can’t figure out how to use available financial, intelligence and technological resources to kill these guys? Give me a week and a billion bucks and I’ll hand al-Zarqawi’s stuffed and dressed head over on an elegantly garnished platter.

We’ve already pissed off millions of Muslims and there’s a dedicated bunch of psychopaths that are passionate about being heroes as well as eternally bopping a slew of virgins in heaven for being a martyr. Too bad that no one ever told them about Miami. Anyway, training 150, 000 Iraqis in US ‘defense’ is probably dangerous. If we pulled out of Iraq now and left 150 ‘James Bond’ types to take care of any allah wannabes, a real leader would eventually emerge.

If Saddam and his cronies had been strategically eliminated, thousands of lives would have been spared. After a few of these tyrants washed up on the banks of the Tigris, future aspirations to follow in their footsteps would no doubt appear less attractive. Right now they’re understandably encouraged by all the face time in international media. Are Iraqis any safer today then before we went in and started blowing things up?

A Kittyloaf®Original

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 06:50 AM (EST)
9. "RE: More good news from Iraq..."
You're really not so clueless, are ya?

a Gothmog original

What Hot Stuff said.

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 06:59 AM (EST)
10. "The only good news I want to hear....."
... is we are out of the mess Mr. Bush created over there and every soldier, marine, civilian, etc., is home. Safe.

My soon-to-be 20 year old nephew is getting deployed to Baghdad in January, just in time for their elections. I cringe now when I hear on the news about more Americans hurt or killed over there, imagine how I am going to be for the next year.

a Gothmog original

Just call me Scared Aunt Augie, cuz I sure am.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 08:32 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The only good news I want to hear....."
Perhaps a squeeky monkey like mine would help.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Of course Gus might be available too.*

Deonna 2425 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

10-14-04, 09:12 AM (EST)
12. "RE: The only good news I want to hear....."
"... is we are out of the mess Mr. Bush created over there and every soldier, marine, civilian, etc., is home. Safe."

I agree.

Deonna

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

10-14-04, 09:37 AM (EST)
13. "RE: The only good news I want to hear....."
I'm right here with ya sistah. *smooch*

I too have been gothed.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •