The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I need help :)"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-12-01, 06:22 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"I need help :)"
I am calling on my OT buddies here to help me with a project for work. I work in HR and every quarter we do a fun project. This past quarter we read a book, went to lunch and discussed it. I was thinking of a movie. Now the best movie would be "12 Angry Men", but they have already done that. Does anyone know of a movie that would be a good work related thing? It has to be somewhat on the lines of good communication skills or working together. ANy ideas would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I need help :) Drive My Car 12-12-01 1
 RE: I need help :) MandyM 12-12-01 2
 RE: I need help :) NightScribe 12-12-01 3
   RE: I need help :) Drive My Car 12-12-01 4
 RE: I need help :) ItzLisa 12-12-01 5
 RE: I need help :) dabo 12-12-01 6
 RE: I need help :) RudyRules 12-13-01 7
   RE: I need help :) PeterTorque 12-13-01 8
 RE: I need help :) SurvivorBlows 12-14-01 9
   RE: I need help :) LadyT 12-14-01 10
       RE: I need help :) Drive My Car 12-14-01 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 07:54 PM (EST)
1. "RE: I need help :)"

Office Space

( how come nobody ever made a cool movie about Lunch Ladies? That's what I want to know)

MandyM 2112 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-12-01, 08:13 PM (EST)
2. "RE: I need help :)"
Wayne's World II......Wayne had a vision (courtesy of his Jim Morrison spiritual guide) of Wayne Stock and like he and all his friends really pulled together and worked as a team to make it all happen.

Just kidding. I wish I could think of an appropriate movie to help you out.

MM "Bed is like the womb, only drier and with better TV reception." - Linda Richman.

NightScribe 761 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

12-12-01, 08:28 PM (EST)
3. "RE: I need help :)"
T,
try a movie called Gung Ho -- it was made in the eighties, but it's a work related/team building type comedy. Low key, very funny. Kinda old tho....

12-12-01, 08:35 PM (EST)
4. "RE: I need help :)"
Michael Keaton was in that. It was on cable a week or so ago, good movie

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

12-12-01, 10:54 PM (EST)
5. "RE: I need help :)"
"Working Girl"!!! It's office and work related, from start to finish! And it's hilarious - I love that movie!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

12-12-01, 11:38 PM (EST)
6. "RE: I need help :)"
"The Caine Mutiny" would be a great follow-up to "12 Angry Men," the dynamics of the key characters are quite interesting and true.

SMILES ARE FREE

"If all machines were to be annihilated at one moment, so that not a knife nor lever nor rag of clothing nor anything whatsoever were left to man but his bare body alone that he was born with, and if all knowledge of mechanical laws were taken from him so that he could make no more machines, and all machine-made food destroyed so that the race of man should be left as it were naked upon a desert island, we should become extinct in six weeks. A few miserable individuals might linger, but even these in a year or two would become worse than monkeys." (Samuel Butler, "Erewhon")

RudyRules 8360 desperate attention whore postings

12-13-01, 10:22 PM (EST)
7. "RE: I need help :)"
I wish I could think of something really good for you. The best I can come up with right now is "Kelly's Heroes", about a group of GIs during WW2 working together to get Nazi gold from a liberated town's bank. Or maybe "The great escape" even though it doesn't work out in the end.
A good example of how to BLOW it by NOT working together would be "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world." (really funny!)

PeterTorque 213 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

12-13-01, 11:48 PM (EST)
8. "RE: I need help :)"
Kelly's Heroes! What a great flick; almost no one's heard of it these days. I like when Oddball (Donald Sutherland --Keiffer's Dad for the more youthful members of the BB--) has hopped up his Sherman tank with five forward gears and seven in reverse because, a he tells Kelly "We like to be able to get out of trouble a lot faster than we can get into it!"

SurvivorBlows 15230 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-01, 01:07 AM (EST)
9. "RE: I need help :)"
> I work in HR and every quarter we do
>a fun project. This past quarter we read a
>book, went to lunch and discussed it.

Are you sure you don't work in the ACCOUNTING department??? No offense T, but this is FUN???

Wow, your HR group must be pretty TAME compared to some of the fun-loving HR (and marketing too -- those folks are normally party folks too) departments that I've worked with before.

Our HR people at this one company I used to work at had all kinda of wierd events of the employees or middle managers. ...they once sent us to some wierd week-long offsite psychological torture training. Then they sent us to a place in Maine for a week-long overnight offsite communication retreat another year. Another time they had us all watch some Monty Python movie about bad communication -- that one was actually pretty funny.

There were many more strange things, I'll try and remember some of them.

-SB

LadyT 5567 desperate attention whore postings

12-14-01, 06:07 PM (EST)
10. "RE: I need help :)"
I know, thats why I need help! I want something fun. I am thinking of maybe doing a seminar or something. This is my first time doing this, and I want it to be a blast. ANy kinds of ideas, please

12-14-01, 08:06 PM (EST)
11. "RE: I need help :)"
Funny hats. You can't go wrong with funny hats, I mean, people LOVE funny hats.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •