The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Sky watch: Mars"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-19-04, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Sky watch: Mars"
LAST EDITED ON 08-19-04 AT 11:36 AM (EST)

From an email I received-FOLLOW UP and edited:

Sorry! This happened last year, bahahahahhah!

The Red Planet is about to be spectacular! This month and next, Earth is catching up with Mars in an encounter that will culminate in the closest approach between the two planets in recorded history. The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287. Due to the way Jupiter's gravity tugs on Mars and perturbs its orbit, astronomers can only be certain that Mars has not come this close to Earth in the Last 5,000 years, but it may be as long as 60,000 years before it happens again.

The encounter will culminate on August 27th when Mars comes to within 34,649,589 miles of Earth and will be (next to the moon) the brightest object in the night sky. It will attain a magnitude of -2.9 and will appear 25.11 arc seconds wide. At a modest 75-power magnification.

Mars will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye. Mars will be easy to spot. At th e beginning of August it will rise in the east at 10p.m. and reach its azimuth at about 3 a.m.

By the end of August when the two planets are closest, Mars will rise at nightfall and reach its highest point in the sky at 12:30a.m. That's pretty convenient to see something that no human being has seen in recorded history. So, mark your calendar at the beginning of August to see Mars grow progressively brighter and brighter throughout the month. Share this with
your children and grandchildren.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Sky watch: Mars PepeLePew13 08-19-04 1
 RE: Sky watch: Mars nailbone 08-19-04 2
   It did moonbaby 08-19-04 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 10:19 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Sky watch: Mars"

>So, mark your calendar at
>the beginning of August

Oh shucks, I have to wait a whole year to do this?

Sorry, my sense of humour's a little off today.

Huh... we've had quite a few clear nights in the past week, wish I was aware of this type of thing earlier. Wonder why we haven't heard much about this in the news or in the newspapers (unless I've been *really* dense lately)? I vote for the latter.

ŠSlice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
Scratch and sniff

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 10:21 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Sky watch: Mars"
I thought this already happened...

Handcrafted by RollDdice

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs. o-

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

08-19-04, 11:38 AM (EST)
3. "It did"
Sorry! I just found out from the sender it was OLD

And:

Nevermind.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •