The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

woeisme1 4081 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-16-04, 05:54 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-04 AT 05:58 AM (EST)

But Ill tell ya a short story anyway.

Once upon a time (well, in reality it was earlier this evening, mine, not necessarily yours) my handyman (yes I have one and highly recommend having one at your beck and call if at all possible) came over and I don't recall what I needed fixed, but it doesn't really matter. It's not integral to the story why anyway. We've been friends for about a year and he's one of the few haole friends I have here, so it may have even been a social call. So I asked if he would be willing to house/cat sit while I am in Maui. He was happy to oblige of course and is planning on making it a mini vacation for himself.

Okay, I did have him fix the lanai light fixture while he was here and we discussed another cabinet for the kitchen and some shelves in the bedroom. But that's beside the point. After enjoying the view from atop my bike on the lanai, which is usually where I sit when I'm out there too and great minds think alike, he even said he'd give me a ride to the airport in the wee hours Friday morning.

So I have a house/cat sitter and a ride to and from the airport and all is well with my little world. After Tony left I delved back into my report writing in an attempt to get as much done as I can before I leave since I will only be working 2 of the 5 days I will be there. The other 3 are for my own R&R. I've earned them, I deserve them and damn it I'm taking them. But I digress.

Gizzy is not the friendliest cat and doesn't love very many people but he does adore Tony. So I figured I should tell him that Tony would be taking care of his every need while I was away. As you can see, he didn't take the news well that I would be gone.

Of course, it's possible, since cats are so fickle, that he just wanted me to think he was less than thrilled about it. And without a doubt, Gizzy will pretend to be miffed at me for about 10 days upon my return if previous vacations are any indication. He stays mad at me 2 days for each day I am absent from his life. Such is life with my cat but I still worship the ground he walks on, as required. LOL.

As a side note that has nothing to do with the story, I called the Maui Seaside and was informed they have no internet access, sadly. Whatever will I do with myself? ROFLMAO. Let's see, hmm, work Friday and Saturday and mass quantities of fun and frolicking on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Yeah, I think I can live with that. Send warm dry weather thoughts this way, will ya? Thank you.

Fish and Game Officer of G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT
ETA all of this is true except my feline child didn't do this in reaction to my telling him. He promptly went to sleep and this is just HOW he went to sleep

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words FarmBoy 03-16-04 1
   RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words woeisme1 03-16-04 5
 RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words frisky 03-16-04 2
   RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words woeisme1 03-16-04 6
 RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words Glow 03-16-04 3
   RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words woeisme1 03-16-04 7
 RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words Tiggertramp 03-16-04 4
   RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words woeisme1 03-16-04 8
 RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words Silvergirl1 03-17-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FarmBoy 2618 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

03-16-04, 08:09 AM (EST)
1. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
3 days on the beach!!! Woe, I am so jealous!

Send me a seashell, OK? Pretty please?

(I wish I had a Handyman.)

Bovinated BR549- An Original Draco Masterpiece
Your WSC3 SR Winner

03-16-04, 07:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
Seashells, check. Consider it done.

I'd let you borrow my handyman but he's gonna be busy til the middle of next week.

Late lunch today so just stopped in to see you and the other peeps for a few. Might have been a mistake to open my mouth in Esbea's thread. Oh well. Live and learn and then go on vacation, hehe.

frisky 11695 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-16-04, 09:51 AM (EST)
2. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
You, Woe, do deserve some R&R. I hope you have a great time!

Gizzy is upset, but he will come around. Like a child, he will put up a big fuss when you're packing and leaving, but then he'll be a purring sucky-baby with your housesitter within the first hour or so.

*headbutt*

Card-carrying RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division
Non-Embezzling GAWKUR Treasurer

03-16-04, 07:33 PM (EST)
6. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
This is true, he will be a big sucky-baby with Tony but he will snub me when I get home. He always does. Not sure if that is a Siamese trait or Hymalayan but it is the way he deals with it.

*headbutt*

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-04, 10:34 AM (EST)
3. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
Such a sweet kitty. No internet access, huh? Well, I'll miss you. Have fun. Get lots of rest.

By the way, BF is my handyman. That's why I keep him around. One reason, anyway.

an incredible JSlice creation

03-16-04, 07:34 PM (EST)
7. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
Thank you and ROFLMAO. You crack me up Glow. I hadn't thought of Tony that way before but he is kinda cute.......

Tiggertramp 3141 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-16-04, 12:55 PM (EST)
4. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
Good for you! Happy time off! Be good to yourself!

And Gizzy will get over it. Cats end up dealing. Ours decided they were too thrilled seeing us to be upset after our trip. They could not stop being in our lap loving us. THEN we found where they threw up to let us know they were not amused.

03-16-04, 07:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"
Gizzy screams at me to voice his displeasure or lack of amusement with anything that doesn't suit him. Throw up would be easier, I think.

But I will have fun and deal with it when I get back.

Silvergirl1 9342 desperate attention whore postings

03-17-04, 01:26 AM (EST)
9. "RE: A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words"

Maui sounds like fun. Have a great time, Woe!

My late cat, Sabrina, stared at me with stars in her eyes, such adoration, when I came home from our first vacation away from her. I think she was delighted to find out I had not abandoned her. She had a hard beginning, because someone threw her out in the street, but she absolutely showed her love every day. She was never ever aloof.

Why is that James Taylor song "Handyman" going through my head?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •