The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Tactics, people, tactics...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

rdc 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Tactics, people, tactics...."
Okay, it seems that everybody who posts on this site (including me) wants to see Scarri Jerri get voted out of the tribe, and the sooner the better.

But I was considering things from a player's standpoint, and although you'll all hate me for saying this,....the smart thing to do would probably be to keep her around and try to set her up as your opponent for the final two.

My reasoning: Nobody likes her (the tribes have only been merged for a short while and already the former-Kucha members hate her), so you gotta know that nobody in the final jury will give Jerri their vote to win the money. (Okay, Jerri would get Amber's vote, but that's just because Amber is Jerri's little lapdog.)

Imagine this scenario: the final three players are Colby, Keith, and Jerri (this is just an example, of course). Colby wins the final immunity challenge and has to vote Keith or Jerri out.

I'm sure everybody would be screaming at their televisions for Colby to give Jerri the boot, but the smart thing for him to do would be to vote Keith off and set himself up against Jerri. A lot of people would probably see that as Colby stabbing Keith in the back, but I'd bet that if this ever happened, Keith would still give Colby his vote, simply because he hates Jerri and has said that his main goal is to make sure she doesn't win the money.

So I'm sure everybody would agree that if the final two players are Jerri and ?, then the other player is virtually guaranteed the win.

So maybe that's the reason she's stuck around for so long. Anybody disagree?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Tactics, people, tactics.... desert_rhino 03-28-01 1
 RE: Tactics, people, tactics.... katttywoman 03-28-01 2
 RE: Tactics, people, tactics.... Survivorerist 03-28-01 3
   RE: Tactics, people, tactics.... managerr 03-28-01 4
 RE: Tactics, people, tactics.... HeronNoire 03-28-01 5
   RE: Tactics, people, tactics.... Lurking 04-01-01 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-28-01, 12:43 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Tactics, people, tactics...."
Makes sense to me. Casting Couch diplomacy doesn't work well in their current situation!

-- JV

katttywoman 160 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-28-01, 01:11 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Tactics, people, tactics...."
It sucks, but much as I hate to admit it, it does make sense.

But I still want to see that skanky little b!tch go! That would make my day!

Meow to you too!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

03-28-01, 03:35 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Tactics, people, tactics...."
>>>So I'm sure everybody would agree that if the final two players are Jerri and ?, then the other player is virtually guaranteed the win.<<<

Even Jerri-Amber? Although I'm going for an Amber win (and I honestly think it would be very likely), Amber-Jerri is the one matchup I'm kind of questioning. Here's my logic.

I think, if Amber makes final two, prepare to be shocked by some strong Amber opinions in the jury questioning. I truly do believe that Amber is a smart woman with the ability to make some very strong opinions and play this game with a unique strategy (i.e. the strategy I would have used if I were in this game). The "shock value" of hearing Amber make these strong, intelligent opinions should definitely be enough to give her a majority against a lot of people who are, in popular opinion, "more deserving." (although that label is purely subject to everyone's personal opinion.)

But Jerri, in my opinion, is maybe the only one who is adequately prepared against such a strategy (which is why I think she chose to befriend Amber). Therefore, I'm questioning the results of an Amber-Jerri final two matchup. What do the rest of you guys think the result of such a matchup would be?

Survivorerist

Fantasy Final Four: Amber Brkich, Colby Donaldson, Elisabeth Filarski, Jerri Manthey.

managerr 1959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-28-01, 05:50 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Tactics, people, tactics...."
I think that Jerri could beat both Amber and Colby in a possible head to head voting scheme. How the Kuchas will vote is pretty unpredictable right now.

Also, if someone protects Jerri until the end, the jury could end up taking their revenge out on that person and making Jerri the winner.

HeronNoire 68 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-28-01, 11:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Tactics, people, tactics...."
I have to agree -- having Jerri in the final two would practially guarantee success for the other person. But... that said, I have the horrible fear that somehow, some way if Jerri got into the final two, that she'd win. Mind control rays, voodoo, fear tactics, the promise of Jerri singing constantly if she loses -- something drastic like that that would somehow get the others to vote for her.

I don't want Jerri to win. I'm hoping she gets booted off ASAP. It will be more interesting and entertaining to see the others struggle for whom to vote for, rather than a "gimme" vote at the end.

Lurking 156 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-01-01, 02:52 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Tactics, people, tactics...."
Fear no more!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •