The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Tao of Yau."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 57126 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-16-07, 09:31 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Tao of Yau."
Time for a light touch of contestant not-hate. At this point, I've got to show a little non-loathing for the Yau-Man, who actually has some idea of how to play this game. Not a full essay paper ready to be handed in and graded by the Survivor Gawds because he didn't think of using his glasses: someone else had to. And no one's come up with Bruce's shirt filtering system yet. But to use his greeting to Sylvia as a way to check her luggage and scout for the idol? Not bad. Not bad at all.

Between his willingness to actually try and save his own neck in the long-term game -- something we haven't even seen working short-term from the other RavuYahoos -- playing his half-native status for temporary safety, and the fact that he seems to have at least a half-operational brain on little food, practically no liquids, and let's face it: physics! -- it's time to give Yau-Man a few props. He has half a clue out there. This brings the total for the current Ravu tribe to -- half a clue. Go, Yau! Use what you've got! And while you're at it, use what everyone else has got! It's not like they're seeing any real need for it...

Current number of contestants: seventeen. Current number of players: two.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Tao of Yau. Colonel Zoidberg 02-16-07 1
   RE: The Tao of Yau. mistyrose52 02-16-07 2
       RE: The Tao of Yau. mysticwolf 02-24-07 9
 RE: The Tao of Yau. Prof_ Wagstaff 02-16-07 3
 RE: The Tao of Yau. Brownroach 02-16-07 4
   RE: The Tao of Yau. nazpink 02-16-07 5
       RE: The Tao of Yau. Ripley 02-16-07 6
 RE: The Tao of Yau. Karchita 02-24-07 7
 RE: The Tao of Yau. Aruba 02-24-07 8
 RE: The Tao of Yau. mysticwolf 02-24-07 10
   RE: The Tao of Yau. Ripley 02-25-07 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Colonel Zoidberg 3662 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

02-16-07, 09:52 AM (EST)
1. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
Current number of contestants: seventeen. Current number of players: two.

Awfully generous of you to assume that there's more than just Yau-Man out there playing. Ravu is generally just voting out whoever loses the challenge; other than that, it's a matter of just staying the fvck alive. Moto's too busy enjoying their silverware and fancy shelter to play the game. And the only game Boo's playing is "How many different ways can I injure myself and not require the Medical team?" Sheesh, just find a jaguar and kill it already.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

02-16-07, 10:52 AM (EST)
2. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
I have a feeling that Boo may be sent home, via Paramedics, next week......

As for Yau man, who would have thought that an older man like him even knew the term 'feeling up'???? LOL!

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-07, 07:41 PM (EST)
9. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
Oooookey Dokey, then. I do believe my DH & I have been insulted. Yau Man Chan is only 54. DH will be 56 this year, and I'll be 52. Sweetie, not only do we know that term (and others), we invented 'em.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary
DH's class got away with selling buttons at his HS promoting "Spirit of 69". Yes. The kids knew they were promoting something more than his graduating class. (They sold really well. Made a *lot* of money that year for their new stadium. They even got away with wearing them in yearbook photos.)

Prof_ Wagstaff 4196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-16-07, 11:41 AM (EST)
3. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
I really like the Yau-Man. He's not flying under the radar, he's an invisible stealth bomber.

It certainly appears that no one is paying any attention to him as he so very quietly plays the game. Before any of them realize it he could be the last man standing.

Go Yau!

Tribephylanthropy!

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

02-16-07, 11:45 AM (EST)
4. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
I must concur that Yau-Man is cool. Astoundingly, there are no contestants that I severely dislike yet.

And each of the first two boots got a nice amount of pre-boot story-line, which is unusual this early. If they keep it up, we might actually remember most of these daws at the reunion show.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-16-07, 12:57 PM (EST)
5. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
Yau Man was awesome last night with his "feeling up" strategy! The funny thing is, if he got caught it could have been played off as him just looking to see if she had more water or flint...lol...he's got that innocent thing going for him. Plus, I don't think anyone would have noticed because he seems to get minimal attention without being completely ignored or out-casted from his tribe. The concept of using physics to open that crate was brilliant since no one seemed to comprehend that it wasn't brawn but brains. But do I think he will win? I don't know, it would be cool if he did.

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-16-07, 09:39 PM (EST)
6. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
I defiantly believe it will be Silvia before Yau,but I think that she was very smart in bringing up the possibility of a leader,that way she won't be the "bossy one".If she can control her need of suggestion things and becoming overbearing.

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

02-24-07, 01:10 AM (EST)
7. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
I like Yau Man, too. He's my favorite Ravu by far.

I was surprised by his vote against Sylvia last night because I thought those two might have connected, given that they have the rare traits (on Ravu anyhow) of maturity and intelligence in common. But maybe he knew to avoid getting aligned with someone in such a weak position as Sylvia.

But I do wish he would keep his shirt on.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

02-24-07, 06:42 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
Right now Yau Man is on top for me for all the reasons mentioned above. As for the two "criticisms"...

1) I wouldn't assume that he didn't think of using his glasses. Actually I would say he probably was intelligent enough to realize that you need lots of sun to be exposed a decent period of time to generate enough heat to start a fire.
Until Ep. #3 the sun was behind the clouds most of the day preventing them from successfully using that technique.

2) Bruce's shirt filteration process. I don't know about anyone else, but I cringed when I saw that on Exile Island. The thought of drinking water that has been "filtered" through someone else's dirty, sweaty shirt who hasn't showered for a week+ makes my stomach turn. I'd stick to licking leaves thank you very much!

But great observations, Estee.

"Let's go to the videotape"

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

02-24-07, 07:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-07 AT 07:58 PM (EST)

I really like Yau. Don't know that he can win, but he may go farther than many believe.

The glasses? They didn't have the sun for that until the last episode. Besides, he may be trying to avoid a lot of overt notice. Look what having expertise at something got Sylvia.

As far a Bruce's water filtration system, I'm more surprised that Yau didn't find a stand of bamboo somewhere near their camp. I'd be surprised if it didn't exist, and he should know that bamboo can contain huge amounts of renewable, potable, fresh water if it's cut correctly.

A Tribal Christmas blogging's scary
Edit to specify *fresh* water

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-25-07, 09:16 AM (EST)
11. "RE: The Tao of Yau."
The way Rocky and Mooky are getting rid of the weak to win challenges or because they don't win challenges,I believe Yau Man is next and everyone just seems to rely on their opinions.Anthony is stronger than Yau Man.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •