The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

bean_green 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

02-23-07, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
Survivor is at its best when there is legitimate competition between the tribes and individuals. Richly rewarding one tribe while simultaneously handicapping the other as a result of an ordinary challenge, has taken much of the fun out of this season so far. A tribe improperly nourished, rested and hydrated cannot "go head to head" with a tribe that is. Jeff's line of questioning trying to uncover the true issues causing the tribe to fail is more ridiculous than usual.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... michel 02-23-07 1
 RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... a3boymom 03-09-07 2
   RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... Ripley 03-09-07 3
       RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... XXL Survivor 03-09-07 4
           RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... mia rules18 03-09-07 5
           RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... jbug 03-09-07 8
       RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... KObrien_fan 03-09-07 6
           RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... nazpink 03-09-07 9
   RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... jbug 03-09-07 7
       RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... sol 03-10-07 10
           RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... Creanie 03-10-07 11
               RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- st... iltarion 03-10-07 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-23-07, 11:50 AM (EST)
1. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
Hi Bean_green and welcome to the boards!

Although there hasn't been fair competition up to now, I think it is still early to judge the result of the "experiment". The last two seasons have started by separating the tribes by gender and age or by racial lines. Each time, the experiment proved that players kept the bonds they created themselves through sharing victories and defeats in challenges. Shane and Bruce didn't join Terry; Danielle and Courtney didn't let Sally back into the alliance. The weird Casaya bonds were stronger than the gender and age bonds. By the same way, the ethnically diverse Aitu4 stayed together to win the game.

Here, there has to be a twist sooner or later. It could be tribes switching camp or shuffling of the tribes. The first scenario would be interesting in that we'd see if Ravu starts behaving as Moto is right now. The reshuffling would have more interest in that we'd see if those new bonds would prevail at merge or would the hardships suffered by Ravu help these players recreate their alliance after merge...If there is an alliance!

a3boymom 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

03-09-07, 04:33 AM (EST)
2. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
You've taken the words right out of my mouth! I am so disappointed this season and disgusted! Tonight I even watched AI without flipping back and forth. In the past I would have made Survivor my main show and checked out AI on commercials. I am amazed that someone didn't punch Jeff when he asked Ravu "what is it going to take for you to win a challenge?" I am surprised that they didn't say uhhhh, how 'bout some flippin chance of getting some nourishment...what a mean question! It is not fun to watch Ravu get pummeled and it is even LESS fun to watch a bunch of lazy spoiled people sit around and complain about coffee grinds and sail through as if they are actually survivors! What a joke...none of them deserve the million and if one of them wins I think I'll have to puke. OK, so you think I've been clear?

I have been an avid Survivor fan from season 1 so I'm really frustrated that it's like this. I never thought I'd see the day I didn't care whether I watched or not. The only reason I would have been mad is if Ravu had actually won something but I called a friend to find out and, as usual, same old, same old!

This is the first time I've posted here. I just had to express my frustration somewhere. I'll be back on here to follow up and see what y'all have to say!

Ripley 196 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-07, 06:25 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
I think that the producers gave Ravu a chance with the memory challenge,there's no reason that they should of lost that.The physical challenge is sad to watch.I am going to go out on a limb and say that someone from Ravu will win this whole thing.In poker we have this saying and it always happens"win early,lose late".I know that Ravu is having a hard time but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and Ravu will have a stronger alliance than Moto .Look at Moto they have all the spoils and Dreamz and Cassandra can't wait to switch alliances.I can't wait for the merge.

XXL Survivor 131 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-09-07, 08:06 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
It's sad how Lili and the asian chic are being so psychologically abusive to the two black people on their tribe. Dreamz okay he is a bit off kilter, but Cassandra seems like the nicest person in the world. How do they live with themselves mistreating her? I'm glad Alex is finally calling them out on it. I hope Kharma comes and bites them in the ##### for it.

mia rules18 409 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-09-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
I too, was disgusted with "those stupid girls" as Alex called them. Not only their rudeness towards to Dreamz and Cassandra but when Alex confronted Lisi and explained to her why being so rude could backfire in the big picture she was like "So? Whatever". I also thought the pyhsical challenge was sad to watch, Moto was so obnoxious. Those people havent' eaten and they have stronger women (and men). I don't blame Rocky for calling them out on being cocky. I just wish he could have won. They did have a fair chance at the memory game and blew it. I think mixing the teams up will be a good idea. Hopefully Lisi and her pal will be the first boots.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 09:41 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
Me too. I can't believe Lisi & Stacy don't realize that with their attitude, even if their alliance of 5 make it together, those 2 will be the first to go when they have to pick off their own. Possibly even before if they keep acting the way they are. Don't that know that early alliances are not always kept strong?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

KObrien_fan 8360 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 08:28 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
I think that the producers gave Ravu a chance with the memory challenge, there's no reason that they should of lost that.

Not true. One of the hardest things to do when you are severely dehydrated and hungry is to concentrate. You feel disoriented, confused, slow, and totally not able to function mentally or physically. What I don't understand is why Moto didn't win by a bigger margin. No, not really because Moto are morons to begin with.

Survivor ASS trivia champion, Survivor 1-13 trivia champion

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

03-09-07, 09:46 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
Is this concept absurd and unfair....absolutely, but no more than the fact that this is generally how all world societies work. As a human I don't like seeing people go through any level of suffering, but at the same time Ravu could possibly have the advantage of bonding far more than Moto. I find that people bond when they go through experiences together especially when the experience is a rather difficult one. Although Ravu doesn't seem as tightly knit together like some tribes of the past I wonder how much of it is editing, because after all it seems as though Rocky and Anthony are civil with each other and Rocky also said to Mookie that Anthony is his boy and he would know more about him. Just last week we saw Mookie and Rocky jumping all down Anthony's back......something must have happened.

What ticked me off more so last night was Lipsi and Stacy's rude behavior. Clearly they are confused or just plain b!tchy because even though Survivor seems to lack morals and ethics it's not a stomping ground either. In my opinion there's a way to play the game, such as decieving, and then there's just being mean-spirited. Treating Dreamz and Cassandra as though they are merely there rather than part of the tribe is ridiculous and stupid....refusing to explain how to make the coffee was absolutely immature. Dreamz may be loud at times but he's hardly any more deserving of that kind of treatment than Cassandra. If they were lazy then heck I could see it more but I think Alex put it quite well.....Stacy and Lipsi are on a power trip. They won't last. They are burning bridges with Cassandra and Dreamz as well as the men in their alliance, especially Alex and Ed who seem to be more of a threat strategically than Boo. From the previews it appears that players will have a chance to either go to another tribe or maybe mix it up all together....it also appeared that Ravu and Moto pretty much stayed intact with the exception of Dreamz.....Stacy and Lipsi will be punished for this....and now Ravu not only has a strong person on their tribe but a 50/50 chance of getting the better camp.

As for Ravu's performance...well it's kind of hard to say if they just lack heart. The first challenge they were in the same boat as Moto and they didn't lose by much....dehydration and lack of proper nutrition have definately been a major factor. I don't think it helps when there's a lot of negativity floating around, bringing players spirits down...which is really all they had left to give them a chance. But I'm not counting this tribe out until they are no longer.

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

03-09-07, 09:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
Hi 3boymom and welcome. Stick around. There can be some pretty good discussions here.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

sol 219 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

03-10-07, 00:22 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
I suspect even MB senses that it is a stupid idea ... even worse than the Outcast Tribe of S7. In a very irregular twist, CBS and/ or MB decided not to have the usual 'recap episode' next Weds. (Mar 14) ... good grief, it's worse than I thought.

I usually find my interest picks up just before merge, when they have eliminated the "here for an adventure" castaways and get down to the more serious players - or at least those who are integral parts of the story (I'm thinking Rocky here). In good faith I will expect a similar increase in interest at merge ... which will happen after one more person is voted off if they use the jury of nine and an F3 as last season - and I believe that's the way it will happen.

On the other hand I haven't really connected with anyone yet ... I like Yau Man and Earl ... but they really haven't done enough to warrant admiration. Lisi and Stacy don't have good end game skills and that's what showed this week. I think the editors are trying hard to create interest ... anger at Lisi and Stacy, irritation at Rocky, sympathy for Ravu, etc ... but it just hasn't happened for me. I just don't care enough yet.

Creanie 59 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-10-07, 01:30 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
I agree with you, Sol....many times when the season starts, I say I'm not really that into it (half the time I can't tell who's who and which tribe's which)...or, this season doesn't seem promising....but eventually when it starts getting down to real strategizing, my interest picks up. There hasn't been a season yet where I haven't been completely engaged and second-guessing everyone's strategies (or lack thereof). It never ceases to amaze me that people like Lisi and Stacy haven't learned from past seasons.

That said, it is very frustrating to watch Ravu go down every week. How pitiful was it when they just got blasted right into the water, almost every one of them. Well, the good news is it appears there's going to be some sort of shake-up next week.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

03-10-07, 03:44 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Rich Tribe vs. Poor Tribe -- stupid idea"
First of all, let me say how disappointed I am in my girl, Stacy, for being such a byotch this last episode. I expected such horsehonkey (yeah, I said that) from Lisi, but not from Stacy. Refusing to show Dre how to make coffee, then acting all superior about it afterwards was rude, obnoxious, and childish.
How ironic is it that the man just arrested for domestic violence appears to be the best guy of the bunch? In fact, I think that is what set Alex off. He had to spend night and day with Stacy and Lisi and couldn't smack em around without forfeiting a chance at a million. That could do it to the mildest of men.
I am praying that Lisi and Stacy end up on a tribe with Dre, Cassandra, Earl, Anthony, and Rocky. How hilarious would that be? It would be awesome to see them suddenly in the minority.
I think Alex and Edgardo better watch their backs with Boo. He appears to be aligned with the byotches, not them, and so if it ever came down to a F5 with them, like they had planned, Alex and Ed would be the next to go. Alex may have been thinking ahead, but not FAR enough ahead. Basically, once the women were acting like that, and Boo was still siding with them, he and Edgardo should have went immediately to Dre and Cassandra and put THEM in the minority, 4 against 3. Since they never had to go back to TC, it didn't end up mattering. We will see if the tribal shake-up changes that dichotomy or not.
Lastly, there have been some denigrating remarks made about this season, and some by me. However, I noticed during this last episode that one thing this cast is not missing is people who are out to play the game. Ravu has several members- Rocky, Earl, YauMan, who have already discussed their 'plans' in the game, and nearly everyone on Moto, besides maybe Cassandra, have also obviously thought about their place in the game. This cast has come to play. You have to give them that.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •