The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stand-Outs"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-15-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stand-Outs"
In Survivor, there are 2 ways to stand out. Either by contributing valuable skills to the tribe or by exposing yourself to danger.

The ones that did it right:

Ozzy stood out for the right reasons, helping with the shelter, providing a large supply of coconuts by climbing the tree and being the fastest of the whole group to the boats.

Yul also stood out as the calm voice of his tribe. He wasn't as much in evidence but he should get the girls on his side to decide the votes.

Nathan took the vote well. He was laughing when they received flint. He's not in danger until a tribal switch.

The "What were you thinking" gang:

Flicka should be renamed "Flaky". What was she trying to do by lifting the box, pet the chickens? She's created a target for herself. I can hear the screams on these boards if they let it slide by!

Jonathan made hinmself stand out by stealing a chicken. He'll be safe until a tribal switch but he has made ennemies on the other tribes. Rupert was more subtle about his theft!

Cao Boi may have helped Brad with a headache but he knows he doesn't fit in and doesn't seem to care.

Billy took charge of something he wasn't prepared to do and the previews show it gets worse.

But the stupidest move of all goes to Stephannie. If she had gone with Nathan and Sekou, she'd have a shield, namely Rebecca, in case of another TC for the Manihiki tribe. Now, Sundra and Rebecca can keep Nathan and the numerical advantage in the gender division by booting Stephannie. Is the name cursed?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stand-Outs FireAnt 09-15-06 1
   RE: Stand-Outs mistyrose52 09-15-06 2
 RE: Stand-Outs emydi 09-15-06 3
   RE: Stand-Outs michel 09-15-06 4
       RE: Stand-Outs Brownroach 09-15-06 7
 RE: Stand-Outs iltarion 09-15-06 5
   RE: Stand-Outs emydi 09-15-06 6
       RE: Stand-Outs Brownroach 09-15-06 8
           RE: Stand-Outs emydi 09-15-06 10
   RE: Stand-Outs Aruba 09-15-06 9
       RE: Stand-Outs iltarion 09-16-06 11
           RE: Stand-Outs michel 09-16-06 12
               RE: Stand-Outs iltarion 09-17-06 13
   RE: Stand-Outs jbug 09-18-06 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

FireAnt 14 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-15-06, 12:19 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Yeah, Stephanie goofed, but maybe she just couldn't stand sharing the island with Sekou one more moment. He seemed likeable, but too much talk, too little action. Anyway, he may not have held up his end in the immunity challenge. He seemed pretty out of shape compared to the rest of his tribe. Getting rid of Sekou could ensure that Hiki doesn't lose anymore challenges for a while--which I hope is the case because I liked that tribe the best last night for overall comraderie.

Ozzy immediately shone as a favourite with Billy being the polar opposite. I can't imagine why lazy people sign up for the show, except that if they win, they can be a lot lazier with a million in the bank.

mistyrose52 795 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-15-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Stand-Outs"
True-it never ceases to amaze me when I see people who are obviously NOT in any kind of physical shape getting off that boat for their first taste of island life.

But, we have seen a one-legged man, a woman with a hip-replacement, someone who was half blind, etc, make it fairly far in this show. Only because they gave 110%-not because they were catered to!

Taking breaks every 10 minutes does NOT go well when the other members are tired, hungry, thirsty, and counting on you to pull your weight.

ANYway, to answer the post-I was most impressed with Ozzy (besides the fact that he's really nice to look at!), and the dude who was sent to Exile Island, mostly because he took charge when everyone else looked mortified. But these first few episodes are sometimes very trying, and true personalities don't really start coming out until later in the game....

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-06, 02:34 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Stand-Outs"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-06 AT 02:35 PM (EST)

This is done with me being spoiler free!

I will have much more later mich but I saw Yul and Ozzy as stand outs. Could Yul be this year's Aras? Ozzy is very likeable...could he be our first male sweetheart that goes out at F4?

For the woman I'm not sure but Sundra and Rebecca's alliance may be long lasting.

The one I can't figure out is JP is he an Aras or an Andrew. He's def. the leader of his tribe. He's perplexing. So he should be around for a while anyway I hope I like what I saw of him.

I think Billy may be a male Lydia if he can get through the first couple of weeks in trouble. They wouldn't have shown him in trouble in previews if he (Or even his tribe) was in trouble next week.

I think Cai boi is this year's Shane!

Adam is the last boot before merge of after or first juror. Classic.

OH eta if Flicka continues to be haunted by her mistake she's toast, if not she's Sally with the sling...

09-15-06, 02:54 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Thanks Emy, I hadn't notice JP except when he confesses Ozzy did a good job. I saw him as a Nick so I should have a look at the tape! Isn't it more fun spoilerless? Except the editing thread of course. I like to analyze more there.

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Stand-Outs"
I agree about JP, he was backing up Ozzie, who was shown as more in charge. I immediately thought they might become Austin-Nick sidekicks.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-15-06, 03:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Yo, long-time-no-talk,
I was actually surprised to find that this "social experiment" IS more interesting than I had anticipated. Notice how the african american and latino tribes talked about "representing" their people while the caucasian and asian tribes made no mention of it? Hiki and the latino tribe almost seemed to embrace or laugh off their stereotypes while Puka (terrible name for a tribe) seemed concerned about them and not perpetuating them. The caucasian tribe, as expected, seemed completely unconcerned with race or stereotypes even though white people are stereotyped just as surely as any other ethnicity in this country. And the most interesting dichotomy is between Cowboy and the younger members of Puka where the old world meets the new world.
I immediately figured the two teams with 3 men would take first and second in the challenge, as they did, while the teams with 3 women would battle it out for immunity, as they did, and I was not surprised at all that Hiki lost, as Sekou was an anchor, both literally and figuratively, to any team he was on.
Anyway, if Survivor has taught us anything, it is that the most sure divider of people, probably more than ethnicity, is AGE. People like to bond with their peers. Cowboy and Jonathan both stood out from their tribes due to age, and Sekou probably did as well.
The only tribe member to stand out for anything but age was the ridiculous Flicka, who has about as much chance fitting in with her tribe as Angie had in Palau, notwithstanding the utter debacle with the chickens. Especially considering her team is the older Jonathan, who is already upset at her, and the three members more her age all appear to have their noses in the air. Good luck with that.
Does Ozzy remind anyone else of Ethan?
What is up with Candice and Adam pawing each other already? God, white girls are easy, I guess. And did that tribe have no interest in a shelter? Hello? That is what happens when you have no leader at all. I bet they, Rozo or Bozo or whatever their tribe name is, lose the next challenge.
The eye-candy for this season seems to be a little lacking. Where are Danielle's fake boobs when you need them? But altogether this first episode was more interesting than I had thought it would be. Good episode. Not much on character development, but that is what happens when you bounce between 4 tribes. That will take time.

09-15-06, 04:11 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Stand-Outs"
the eye candy for me is Yul Ozzy Nate and JP

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-06, 05:49 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Neither of the white boys? You're so racist, emy.

Blowin' the blues away, courtesy of tribephyl

09-15-06, 07:19 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Stand-Outs"
No BR, You ARE the racist bc you think I should like the white boys!

I like variety

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-15-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Yo, Iltarion...my tag team partner!

When I first found out last month about the "social experiment" I was not phased. I even voiced my opinion in a thread back then and stated the REAL issue will be the uneven gender amoung the tribes of five.

I predicted if the team challenges are physical in nature, the tribes with 3 males will have an advantage. I predicted that the first TC for a tribe will be decided by the battle of the sexes where the three majority will vote out one of the two minority.

I know that one episode is not a fair sample, but so far it pretty much went as predicted.

09-16-06, 02:10 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Exactly. As soon as they showed the make-up of the tribes, I paid special attention to who had 3 men and who had 3 women. I think those two teams will continue to dominate the challenges as long as the tribes remain as they are.

09-16-06, 04:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Stand-Outs"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-06 AT 04:51 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-16-06 AT 04:44 PM (EST)

Stephannie made a mistake but I think the other 3 tribes will look for balance: Puka has Cao Boi as target, Aitu has Billy and Raro as Courtney...ah! Flicka.

And for eye candy Iltarion we have:

Becky (my favorite)

Parvati is a Misty look-alike. Hot!

Cecilia is very nice

And a bonus since I remember how you liked Sally: Cecilia in knee socks!

Edited since I forgot Candice:

I do you like that, I'm more selective than Adam!

09-17-06, 02:22 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Stand-Outs"
Nice pictures. Good work. I'll admit that is plenty eye candy for me. I was going to say that Parvati looks like Misty. Not quite as hot though. Misty had a little more bod to her. And I love Asian women... enough about me though... hahahahaha....

jbug 17146 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-06, 09:36 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Stand-Outs"
The eye-candy for this season seems to be a little lacking. Where are Danielle's fake boobs when you need them?

Eye candy is Yul & Brad. Oh yea!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •