The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"secret immunity idol"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

wmeek 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-14-06, 02:30 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"secret immunity idol"
LAST EDITED ON 04-14-06 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

My wife and I are having a debate on the use of the secret immunity idol that Terry found. She says that it has to be given to someone before the vote like the regular immunity does and I disagree. I say that part of the strategy of the secret idol is that it can be given AFTER the vote. Feedback please.also is there any place on the official web site that addresses this ??
Thanks in advance,
Wmeek

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: secret immunity idol Hoobie 04-14-06 1
 RE: secret immunity idol Hoobie 04-14-06 2
   RE: secret immunity idol Aruba 04-14-06 3
       RE: secret immunity idol iltarion 04-15-06 4
           RE: secret immunity idol PepeLePew13 04-15-06 5
               RE: secret immunity idol Karchita 04-15-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-14-06, 03:59 PM (EST)
1. "RE: secret immunity idol"
If I remember correctly:

The strategy part of the idol is that someone can (and should) show the idol after the vote, but that person must already be in possession of the idol.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

04-14-06, 04:02 PM (EST)
2. "RE: secret immunity idol"
Semi-related question:

What's to stop Bruce (or anyone really) from stealing the idol? Terry would have no recourse except whining about it. This isn't a playground - you do what you need to do 'Survive'.

P.S. - I understand that when it comes down to the final 2, the one who stole may not get the votes for the win. But a $250,000 payday is a lot better than 8th place.

Aruba 3400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

04-14-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
3. "RE: secret immunity idol"
Actually it's a $100,000 payday for runner-up (still nothing to sneeze at). But you probably hit the nail on the head when assuming that the thief would probably not get the votes to win as a result.

Why else wouldn't Danielle better her position AND possess the HII by flipping?...probably same reason. Even if it gave her a great chance of making the F2, the Casaya members on the jury would vote against her.

iltarion 1791 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

04-15-06, 01:45 AM (EST)
4. "RE: secret immunity idol"
Hahaha... well, there have to be SOME rules. If you allow Bruce to steal the idol, then what is to stop Terry from administering a beat down on Bruce to get it back?? I don't think the show wants to go there.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-15-06, 08:34 AM (EST)
5. "RE: secret immunity idol"
Well, there *is* a rule against going postal on each other -- getting into a physical altercation is grounds for expulsion from the game. So if Terry was to adminster a beat-down, he'd be tossed.

A Tribe siggie
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

Karchita 4483 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

04-15-06, 02:26 PM (EST)
6. "RE: secret immunity idol"
Pepe,
There is definitely a rule against violence, but is there a rule against stealing? If someone could steal it, I would think a guy like Terry would have the HII hidden somewhere no one would ever find it and he wouldn't have shown the hiding spot to Bruce. I have been thinking there has to be a rule against stealing this season with the HII in play even if there wasn't one before.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •