The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Fanatic Forum (Protected)
Original message

toddE 1433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 03:53 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Bashers has a thread devoted to her, so I thought I'd start one here for praise.

The last three seasons I have enjoyed/admired a castaway who had many detractors. In Africa, it was Kelly G. Marquesas, Sean Rector. Now, Shii Ann.

Many have criticized her, but I think she did great. She was the most interesting person, by far, this season. She played well, but was taken out by something she had no reason to expect. In fact, since Jiffy didn't like her, I wonder if the merge was delayed specifically to get rid of her. Even if she had stuck like glue to SJ, she would have been the next to go, everyone knew it, and Shii did the only thing she could to try and save herself.

Despite what some say, I think Shii Ann really is a "Star" of this season (as was Robb, admittedly) and the show will be duller with out her.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil Q 11-01-02 1
 RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil BMH 11-01-02 2
 RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil OceanSkater 11-01-02 3
   RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil surface10sion 11-02-02 4
 RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil sittem 11-02-02 5
 RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil PhoenixMons 11-04-02 6
   RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil sittem 11-04-02 7
       RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil toddE 11-04-02 8
       RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil PhoenixMons 11-04-02 10
           RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil toddE 11-04-02 11
           RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil sittem 11-06-02 12
 RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil Survivorchick 11-04-02 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Q 2569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

11-01-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Jiffy may not like her, but there was chatter pre-show about the interesting people being voted off first.

My take on that no matter if you loved them, hated them, or loved to hate them are the following.

Interesting ones (not best ones)

Robb, Shii, Ghandia (anyone that unbalanced is good for a laugh or two), Jed and Steph.

I leave John off and Tanya off because we did not see many interesting things from them prior to boot.

D.R.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-01-02, 04:20 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
I agree completely..The show will not be the same without Shii Ann or Robb..everybody is boring...I have always hated CG and now I am not even liking SJ that much...I miss Shii so much..she doesn't even make the jury ...this sucks

Shii did play a great game..most everybody thought she was a goner within the first 4 episodes..boy was everybody wrong..no one would have ever thought she would make it as far as she did..she was the last pre-jury boot..not bad she follows in the footsteps of Gretchen,Varner,Clarence,and Robb..

Shii Rocks!

OceanSkater 315 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

11-01-02, 05:26 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
I did not like her one bit until last night when she showed a different side. Almost human. She actually never looked happy before this episode. But there's a lot we did not see. If she was going around Sook Jai babbling non stop like she did last night, and playing "he said, she said" she would have grated my nerves quickly as well. I'm glad Penny has finally been exposed for what she really is.

Too many freaks, not enough circuses.

surface10sion 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-02-02, 01:45 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
shi ann is the best character, with the most personality this season. she's the star of the show as much as kathy and rob were last season or teresa or jerry or tina. the only thing i expect from s5 right now is the slowing down of things and getting boring. shi ann is the best. i love chicken feet by the way!

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

11-02-02, 11:37 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
I'll get on the bandwagon to give Shii her props. She was up and down on my love list a bit, but had she stayed she'd have definitely been in the top three this time. Problem was, the editing had her all over the place so I never felt like I knew who she was. The chicken thing actually endeared her to me. And this episode I felt like we finally saw her real self and I liked what I saw. Her conversation with Ted was very revealing and I admire her grit for sticking in while she experienced a lot of cultural insensitivity. I'm sorry she's gone and it will be duller without her.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-04-02, 06:52 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Awwwww, Todd, now why'd you have to go and like Kelly G.? Sean Rector was my favorite last season (actually favorite Survivor ever) and Shii Ann was my favorite (along with Helen) this season. Couldn't stand Kelly G. though...

Anyway...

Shii Ann easily has/had the most interesting storyline this season. Other than Robb, no one else erally keeps the show going. Sure I like Helen a lot, but she's not all that exciting to watch.

Actually, I kind of *knew* there was that softer side to Shii but figured she wasn't really able to show it with her extremely hostile environment. She kind of had to be the "Shii Devil" more than she probably would have liked. I really liked her more after last episode (but she was my favorite pre-show, so I really should learn to trust my gut more...all of my pre-show faves have been my faves in the end!)! I think the only interesting thing left will be with respect to the Penny angle (someone I *knew* I wasn't going to like from the beginning!), but I can't stand her so it won't be nearly as interesting now that I only have one person lef to root for (Helen).

And I totally and completely agree that had she not "spilled the beans", it would have had little to no effect on the end result. She was on the shopping block for sure so she did what she had to do (or thought she had to do) to stay in the game. And I definitely respect her and what she did in the game, more than most probably.

11-04-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
LAST EDITED ON 11-04-02 AT 11:39 AM (EST)

PM - where were you last season? I coulda used your support - Sean was my favorite also and we had some interesting discussions here! Glad to have you on board. I like Helen a fair amount but she is just a little to serious about everything. The lady needs to lighten up just a bit.

11-04-02, 11:54 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Hey Sittem,
You are the poster I specifically remember as a fan of Sean R. In my fuzzy memory, it seems like we were two of a very small group who liked him. I've always thought Kathy made a big mistake sticking with N/P instead of responding to Sean's plea.

PhoenixMons was known by another tag back then,kjsouthern or something like that, I believe.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

11-04-02, 05:09 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Yes sittem it is I, kmsouthern (cleverly disguised)! I WAS here last season, just under a different name! My account is MIA because my sign-up e-mail address was closed (still don't know exactly how that happened out of nowhere!?!?) and I lost my password to SBlows (again, don't know how that happened either). So I created a new account to get back in on the action.

Helen does seem to take things rather seriously...BUT at least she seems friendly and genuine. I guess I'm back to liking Ted again (at least more than the rest) after last week's episode, but I still say he could have and should have handled the Ghandia situation much better (at least from what we're shown). Then again, men and women tend to have different perspectives on things, so he probably thought he was doing right by Ghandia in his apologies and ensuing actions (even though he said "nothing happened" when something, intentional or not, obviously did).

But, alas, my pal Shii is gone and now I must root for Helen and if/when she goes I will have to root for Ted as I thought I would pre-show. Funny, but my pre-show rankings are almost identical to my current rankings. That's how it always is for me though, so I'm not entirely surprised. I knew this cast (vast majority) was going to STINK before the first episode aired.

I didn't post a "hey it's me" because only a few people (i.e. you and probably Todd, the "Sean crew") would be the only ones who knew who I was and that I ever existed...I made mention of my transition somewhere in Spoilers I think...or maybe it was the LoveList from last week on here?

11-04-02, 06:20 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
Hey there PhoenixMons:
Well, this is off-thread, but I find Ted becoming increasingly unlikable. In fact, he seemed to be trying to get awful touchy with, I believe, Evil Pennywise. I hadn't believed Ghandia before, but Ted is making me start to wonder.

11-06-02, 07:24 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
LAST EDITED ON 11-06-02 AT 07:27 PM (EST)

Hey KM - I did see you post a question over in Spoilers a little while ago and forgot about the specific name change - then I saw your "favorite survivor" post a few minutes ago and realized it had to be you. Welcome back!!

I usually tape the shows, often to watch later as I'm putting kids to bed during the regular show time. So, last night I was looking at the end of a football tape and suddenly there was Paschal and Sean rolling around on the ground - then a switch to Paschal during the final show affirming Sean in a major way - great memory and an affirmation of what a positive impact Sean really made.

Regarding Ted - check out his website at bigdogriders.com
As you get into it you can see his profile - he's Vrroom Dog. I believe Ted is a great guy and that his actions with Ghandia were inadvertant and his apology sincere and real. She's the one that escalated everything. Remember, EMB has the power to make the survivors look any way he wants to. I don't believe it's any coincidence that he has show every AA male to be lazy - or at least to have other survivors comment on how lazy they are. Sean was certainly painted with that brush and also as a racist. Why is that? It's to play on the viewers biases and emotions and stir the pot to engage our likes and dislikes. It's a winning formula but it's not always fair.

Anyway - great to have you back - I lost my password once and had took on a second account so I understand. And - hey to toddE, another SR supporter!

Survivorchick 1161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-04-02, 02:44 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Shout Out to the Shii Devil"
I agree. Shii Ann is cool. She's confident. She played the game. I like her.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •