The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

admanmcd 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-22-05, 08:18 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Now guys bare with me on this one - as some of you may already know i live in london - and watch the show 24 hours more or less once it airs in the USA via legal download on the net -

TAR7 has just aired here in the UK - the finale was a two hour special in the USA - here it is spread over 2 nights - the jamaican leg was on last night - the final leg tonight.

After the limbo task - you may remember they had to go to the cluebox regarding the detour - however - on the version i saw last night - they had to go to a school and search for a clue in the children's desks - with the school kids in each classroom singing "how cold you are" (if they were in the wrong room etc) and "how warm...how hot you are..." the clue they found was the same one the teams "apparently" (according to the US original version of TAR) recieved at the beach.

If you remember ROMBER and Ron and Kelly were allowed to "leave" the beach at 8:15 - they could actually leave whenever they wanted - they actually would be allowed in the school at 8:15 - uchenna and joyce "left" the beach at 8:30 - although really they were allowed to leave whenever and the school gates would open for them at 8:30!

It wasn't that interesting a task - however am very suprised!

i am shocked that the uk gets a differently edited version whilst the original airing of the finale was edited! Please can some fanatics explain this to me!

Its also funny because they've edited out the prizes at the end - and the whole travelocity gnome thing in turkey - so they were searching for gnomes and had to bring it with them for no reason whatsoever! Ron/Kelly finished last in a non elim were happy - but it was edited out as to why they were happy!

Let us know what you think!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... coolbluepig 07-22-05 1
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... DonnaLynn 07-22-05 2
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Earl Colby Pottinger 07-22-05 3
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-22-05 4
 RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... ValenciaJoe 07-22-05 5
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... coolbluepig 07-23-05 8
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Draco Malfoy 07-28-05 20
 RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... ARnutz 07-22-05 6
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-22-05 7
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... ARnutz 07-23-05 10
           RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Neobie 07-23-05 11
 RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Neobie 07-23-05 9
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Deekeryu 07-23-05 12
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-23-05 15
 RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Molaholic 07-23-05 13
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-23-05 14
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-23-05 16
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-23-05 17
           RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... ARnutz 07-23-05 18
               RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 07-27-05 19
                   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... asdf row 07-28-05 21
 RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... Neobie 07-29-05 22
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 08-01-05 23
   RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... oz4ever 08-04-05 24
       RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!... admanmcd 08-05-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

07-22-05, 09:34 AM (EST)
1. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
THAT's weird...

DonnaLynn 582 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-22-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
2. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Sometimes when a show goes to syndication, the network that airs it will edit certain parts out because they want to make more time for commercials and their own promos to air.

Case in point:
check out almost any episode of Seinfeld that runs in syndication. Now that the first 4 seasons are on DVD we are actually able to see the entire show for the first time since it aired in prime-time. In syndication, they probably took out about 2-3 mins per episode from what I could gather. Maybe they are doing that where you live for TAR. Just a thought.

--Donna :~)

Earl Colby Pottinger 2597 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

07-22-05, 11:45 AM (EST)
3. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
We have already seen previews that show tasks that never appear in the show when we watch it.

Well, I always expect any show I watch on a channel with commericals is editting out something. Watching TAR on CBS I would say I get about 45 minute of show in it's one hour time slot. On GSN it looks more like 40 minutes of show per hour.

That is why I am looking forward to the DVDs, I am hoping for 50-55 minutes of show per leg, and know if they really edit in all the material they tape that one hour per leg would not be a problem.

After all atleast in the early stages we rarely see all the teams doing the complete task, just them coming in at the end of the task itself.

DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD DVD!

07-22-05, 12:29 PM (EST)
4. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
But this time parts never seen before on US television are added - thats why i thought it was really strange!

ValenciaJoe 61 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-05, 06:07 PM (EST)
5. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
With regards to the Travelocity issue... perhaps it is a licensing thing with the UK and the agreement that Travelocity had with CBS. Maybe the agreement was only for advertising rights in the United States, and not worldwide. That could be a reason that it did not show up in the UK version. That also opens up the question as to whether those first place gifts will show up in repeats. It could be a one-time thing and that CBS doesn't want to give American Airlines or other companies free advertising.

coolbluepig 819 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-05, 01:51 AM (EST)
8. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
i am from the philippines and it showerd the travelocity gnomes...

Draco Malfoy 10525 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-28-05, 07:12 AM (EST)
20. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
The American Airlines mention was kept in episode 1 of TAR2.

"Speaking of Draco, he has serious issues, still, the little snot." - kathliam

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-05, 07:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Cool adman! Glad you're finally getting to see it on TV over in the UK!

Hmmm, that is strange! I wonder if they would show the teepee task from TAR 5 if it were shown in the UK? The US version edited out that and a shopping task there!

I'm with Earl! DVD.DVD.DVD.DVD.DVD!

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

07-22-05, 08:26 PM (EST)
7. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
There going to be showing TAR6 next week - then TAR5 3 weeks later - you remember which leg it was on?

07-23-05, 08:23 AM (EST)
10. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-05 AT 08:33 AM (EST)

Hmmm... strange how they're running them in backwards order. I don't remember the number of the leg, but the final three teams went to Canada (Calgary?) and they were supposed to do "build a teepee" roadblock. I believe we had screencaps of the task from the preview and that is how we knew it was cut out.

The teams also somehow wound up with those red Canadian maple-leaf shaped hats and the show never showed us where they got them. I think we had some screencaps on this site that showed teams in a store looking for a clue.

ETA: I found the thread with the pics! Banff Teepee Challenge The red hats are hanging on the end of the clothing rack in the store.

'nutz: Proud member of the inoffensive OT Triumvirate... and Shroomhater! - shroom go boom!

Neobie 888 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-05, 11:25 AM (EST)
11. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Actually I think we got the photographs of the teepee challenge from the Practical Nomad, with his Calgary spoiler. But I've really never heard of them screening the deleted challenges at any time.

So... is your brother in town again Admanmcd?

07-23-05, 02:49 AM (EST)
9. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
What? No spoiler folks jumping on this one?

I'm really interested... Any details on what school they went to?

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
12. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
admanmcd, did they show more of what happened at the final airport with U/J and Romber?

07-23-05, 09:17 PM (EST)
15. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
nope - rest of the series was the same as i saw it the first time!

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-05, 05:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-05 AT 05:20 PM (EST)

Just a wee reminder folks --

the great Heathrow spoiler hoax...

personally taking this story with a grain of salt

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

07-23-05, 09:16 PM (EST)
14. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
haha - no im honestly not hoaxing on this one! I see that the show is repeating in the states at the moment - 1-7 - im hoping you'll se it too and that i was the first to mention it!

If it doesnt show - at least look at romber when they "leave the beach at 8:15" they say - its about 8:15 - surely if it was strictly timed they wouldn't just walk off when they felt like it - also looking back on the original version of the ep - you never see a team read that clue on the beach literally - voiceovers/camera close up on clue!

I just wish i wasn't the only person who watched in the UK who reads these forums!!

i didn't manage to tape the ep and as far as i know there will be no repeats - you'll just have to take my word for it!

No idea what the schools name was!

07-23-05, 10:18 PM (EST)
16. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-05 AT 10:19 PM (EST)

Re-Watching the original CBS Version - I came across this - as Ron/Kelly are looking for a taxi after "leaving the beach"

Ive circled the interesting part - what does it look like? A father dropping his daughter off for school? - they have clearly just got out of the school with the clue they "got" at the beach. (Ive provided another cap from a second or two later to prove i haven't altered the pic!

07-23-05, 10:40 PM (EST)
17. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-23-05 AT 10:50 PM (EST)

A reason i have literally just thought of is this - (sorry for posting 3 messages in a short space of time but im really confused by all of this -

CBS Amazing Race Finale - 1(hr):27(mins) (roughly - excluding adverts) (When originally aired)
Rewatching the Episode -
1st Leg - 35 mins (- 5 mins for the "previously on the amazing race" going thorugh all previous episodes)
2nd Leg - 52 mins

Now on British TV

2 1 HOUR SHOWS FOR FINALE (2nd show did go on for 10 extra mins)

Leg 1 - 21:00 - 22:00 (21/7) (3 advert breaks of approximate 3/4 mins)

Allow 3/4 mins at the end of the prog SO at most 60 mins - 16 mins (for ads) is 44 mins worth of footage to be shown of the 1st leg - The CBS Version showed 30 mins of footage.

30 mins of footage in a 1 hour slot? No chance - especially considering they edit out the prizes as well. The show would have ended 15 mins early otherwise. Also the 5 minute long "previously on the amazing race" shown in the USA (going through all previous eps wasn't shown on this episode - it was just about the london leg)

Leg 2 - 21:00 - 22:10 (22/7) (advertised as 1 hour - did go on for 10 extra mins) - Makes perfect timing

Let us know what you think!

By the way - when do you guys reckon TAR7 will air in the USA again - i am aware that TAR 1 is on at the moment - 3/4 months then? I hope that you guys see it otherwise i'm going to look like an idiot!

Edit: If i ever find out that this episode is repeated on British TV i will have to tape it and try and get some caps up for you guys!

By the way they found the clue in the Teachers Drawer!

07-23-05, 11:02 PM (EST)
18. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
when do you guys reckon TAR7 will air in the USA again

The TAR 1 finale aired tonight. They are broadcasting 1 hr. 7 days a week, so each season takes approximately 2 weeks to air. That should put us at TAR 7 in about 10 weeks, so around October perhaps. I don't think the US rerun versions are showing anything extra, but we'll have to see.

07-27-05, 08:43 AM (EST)
19. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Very strange last night - saw the 2nd episode of TAR6 yesterday (the second hour of the 2 hour 1st leg) and it showed the prize at the end! Why cant they make their minds up over what they want to show!

asdf row 49 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-28-05, 02:11 PM (EST)
21. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
With respect to the editing:

Kevin and Drew are carrying around a shovel with them when they're riding the camels in Tunisia. Anyone know anything about that bit that was never explained on TV?

On TAR 2, right at the beginning, Peggy and Claire read that you must take one of 3 flights to Rio, yet everyone is shown arriving on just two flights.

This stuff seems a lot more obvious now that I've been alerted to it by reading about edit-outs in other seasons on this board!

07-29-05, 08:05 PM (EST)
22. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
OK interesting here. UK, Australia & New Zealand?

http://p085.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm23.showMessage?topicID=5601.topic

08-01-05, 01:38 AM (EST)
23. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Told you guys i wasn't joking!!!

oz4ever 1604 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

08-04-05, 08:37 AM (EST)
24. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
Yes I have just finished watching hte finale here in Australia, and we did seem to get all that stuff that USA seems to have missed like the primary school and all the first place prizes. FYI most of the first place prizes by luck seemed to go to Rob and Amber. Ron and Kelly won a holiday and Ray and Deana won cars and Debbie and Biance won $10,000 each but I think that was about it. Rob and Amber won everything else.

"I ain't no Hershey Bar"

08-05-05, 10:58 AM (EST)
25. "RE: CBS Version of TAR7 was edited!!! UK Version different!"
LOL I know - i have seen the original versions as well! how did you think i know what was edited out! Cheers Anyway

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •