The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

mikey 1150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-06-05, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
From TV Guide Online:

Race Winner's Secret Showbiz Past Revealed!
by Ileane Rudolph

Joyce Agu

Just minutes before the country watched Uchenna and Joyce Agu dash toward the winner's mat on The Amazing Race 7, Joyce told TV Guide that her doctor had kindly offered to do a free round of in-vitro fertilization for one last try at having a baby.

"I was in tears when I heard," says the 44-year-old, who joined the show with her husband in hopes of winning enough money for the procedure. But if the IVF fails, the couple says they'll adopt, perhaps from the Soweto orphanage they visited during the race. "Those children were so lovely," she says.
The Houston sales manager also revealed that she was once an actress (Star Trek: The Next Generation, Silk Stalkings). So who did she play on TNG, which most of us agree was the best Trek series since the original?
Ensign Gates. Just like in the picture above, she spent several episodes silently seated at the Enterprise's controls, taking orders from Captain Picard (Patrick Stewart). There were a few happy exceptions, Joyce points out. "In one scene, I did tai chi with Worf (Michael Dorn) and in another, they asked me to a couple of lines when Data (Brent Spiner) thought they were out of context for him.
"It was cool trying to be an actress, but it was tough," says Joyce, who set aside her acting bug when she moved to Texas. Why didn't she tell Race's producers about her showbiz past? "I didn't want to be known as 'the actress' on the show." Let's hope she'll soon be known as "Mom."
Meanwhile, there's more on-camera fun in the works for Uchenna and Joyce, who will make a cameo appearance this month on CBS' longest-running soap, Guiding Light. For details, read Soaps News.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... choochoo 06-06-05 1
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Max Headroom 06-06-05 2
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... strid333 06-06-05 3
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Cyndimaus 06-07-05 4
   RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... mikey 06-07-05 5
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... RBA 06-09-05 6
   RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... cahaya 06-10-05 7
       RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Deekeryu 06-12-05 8
           RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... maggiebob 06-12-05 9
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Molaholic 06-12-05 10
   RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Deekeryu 06-12-05 11
       RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... maggiebob 06-13-05 12
           RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Deekeryu 06-13-05 13
               RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... maggiebob 06-13-05 14
   RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... PepeLePew13 06-13-05 16
 RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... mikey 06-13-05 15
   RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Deekeryu 06-13-05 17
       RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... choochoo 06-13-05 18
           RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The N... Deekeryu 06-13-05 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-06-05, 03:40 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Here's the pix of Joyce Agu mentioned in the TV Guide article posted above.

...actually, I like this hair style better.

"Scotty, I need More Power, NOW!..."but Captain, she can't take any more of this"....

Max Headroom 10069 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
"Make it so, Team Number One!"

strid333 2928 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

06-06-05, 06:33 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
LAST EDITED ON 06-06-05 AT 06:35 PM (EST)

OMH! I didn't realize it was her.

I think the song "Star Trekin' Across the Universe" is very appropriate for Joyce.

And here I was not minding that they were cancelling Enterprise because I never really thought of it as Trek.

Her IMDB entry shows that she's actually been in quite a few things. http://us.imdb.com/name/nm0732776/

And yet she isn't as recognizable as Romber.

Three is the perfect number.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

06-07-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Okay, now I need to go re-watch some Next Generation!

06-07-05, 04:29 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Based on the IMBD link --

If you get Netflix -- Look for Season 7 Disc 2 of Star Trek The Next Generation, episode: Phantasms

RBA 129 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-09-05, 08:42 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
I guess you can add deception to the dirty laundry list of what this team did.

cahaya 19891 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-05, 01:51 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Just flying under the radar, unlike another team we know of.

Deekeryu 136 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-05, 07:17 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Seems Joyce has been TV, or has been part of acting a lot more than you could imagine. Check her IMDB profile, and you'll see she has more than 20 things under her credit.

It doesn't help Joyce's image when the application form specifically requires one to label if you have ever been on TV, and on what shows, if it has been publicly releashed, and when. Looks like Joyce didn't read the waiver carefully when it says to answer all the questions honestly, accurately to her knowledge and ability.

maggiebob 189 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-05, 09:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"

>It doesn't help Joyce's image when
>the application form specifically requires
>one to label if you
>have ever been on TV,
>and on what shows, if
>it has been publicly releashed,
>and when. Looks like
>Joyce didn't read the waiver
>carefully when it says to
>answer all the questions honestly,
>accurately to her knowledge and
>ability.

Has somebody actually seen Joyce's application? Do you know for a fact she did not list these things on her application? She merely said she did not make a big deal of it with the producers, she did not say she lied on the application. Smells to me like the grapes are still souring...isn't it time to move on folks??

Molaholic 9015 desperate attention whore postings

06-12-05, 10:00 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
LAST EDITED ON 06-12-05 AT 10:03 PM (EST)

Being a devoted M*A*S*Hoholic I was surprised to see that show listed in Joyce's TVography. I searched through the link and didn't see here name listed in any of the credits. I have to wonder about the accruacy, since the finale of M*A*S*H was filmed 22 years ago (1983) -- and the credit gives 1972, which would have made her 12.

Yet another Syren gem © MMV
Now siggie-comment free!

06-12-05, 11:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Joyce specifically said she didn't mention her acting to producers.

As per article above:
Why didn't she tell Race's producers about her showbiz past? "I didn't want to be known as 'the actress' on the show."

Plus, the title of the article: 'Joyce's secret showbiz past revealed'

06-13-05, 00:02 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
>Joyce specifically said she didn't mention
>her acting to producers.
>
>As per article above:
>Why didn't she tell Race's producers
>about her showbiz past? "I
>didn't want to be known
>as 'the actress' on the
>show."
>
>Plus, the title of the article:
>'Joyce's secret showbiz past revealed'
>

Gee, and we know the media never, ever, makes stuff up. Again, just because Joyce did not tell the producers about her acting does not mean she did not put it down on her application. Unless someone has actually seen the application and it clearly shows that she did not reveal it on the application, I don't think people should be throwing accusations around the way they are. That's all I'm saying...

06-13-05, 00:11 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Well, it is quite obvious the producers didn't know about it, or else Joyce wouldn't have said so. I didn't make up the quote, it was her who said it. It's not an accusation when she clearly said producers had no clue about it.

06-13-05, 01:33 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
>Well, it is quite obvious the
>producers didn't know about it,
>or else Joyce wouldn't have
>said so. I didn't make
>up the quote, it was
>her who said it.
>It's not an accusation when
>she clearly said producers had
>no clue about it.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here, I'm really not. But it is not "quite obvious" to me that the producers did not know about her past. Joyce said she did not tell them - she never said they did not know. We have no way of knowing whether they knew about it or not, nor do we have any way of knowing what Joyce put on her application or whether the producers even read the application. Maybe she did lie, but we should not assume that she did simply because she did not tell the producers about it. This is just one more example, though, of certain begrudgers not letting it go, and trying to somehow make Joyce out to be evil because she did not want to make a big deal out of her acting career. What would it have changed? What difference would it have made? Did it change the outcome of the race any? Probably not, so who cares. The race is over, the outcome will not change, so move on guys...store up all that begrudgery for the next time that your chosen team does not win.

PepeLePew13 26140 desperate attention whore postings

06-13-05, 12:39 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"

>I have to wonder about
>the accruacy, since the finale
>of M*A*S*H was filmed 22
>years ago (1983) -- and
>the credit gives 1972, which
>would have made her 12.

IMDB always uses the year the show first aired when it puts a year beside the show's title -- not the year that the actor appeared in the show.

Scratch and sniff
"Tsk, tsk. Pepe's messing with the newbies again." Spidey, 3/30/05

06-13-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
I got the Star Trek episode off Netflix and watched it yesterday. She was "Ensign Gates", was on the bridge with Picard and Riker attempting unsucessfully to start up the ship. She did not appear in the credits and I do not think she actually spoke.

Somewhat ironic for a TAR racer, the episode concerned some mechanical difficulties caused by parasites, and the ship could not get Picard to a banquet (he was trying to avoid anyway) on time.

06-13-05, 04:27 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
Joyce said she did not tell them about it, so how on earth did the producers know about it. There's no way. The fact that Joyce just recently said that they didn't know means they really didn't know. That means she didn't tell them verbally or written it down anywhere because Joyce said they didn't know. The reason she gave was because she didn't want to be know as an actress. The definition of didn't know is: No prior knowledge, awareness of the fact beforehand.

I'm just commenting on the situation. I don't care what team won. So what, Joyce is not perfect. She lied through omission of her acting experience. Lynn and Alex lied about their occupation. Liars are liars. There's no two ways about it.

choochoo 553 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-13-05, 08:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"

Oh please, give the TAR producers some credit. They are seasoned veterans of the entertainment business. They have seen truckloads of TV framewhores over the years. Don't you think the racers are put through extensive background checks before they are allowed to race (not to mention psychological tests as well). How tough would it be to do a simple Google of Joyce's name to reveal her acting background. Just because she didn't tell, doesn't mean they didn't know. My personal take on all this is that Joyce was just another media DAW. So there.

06-13-05, 09:29 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Joyce was on Star Trek -- The Next Generation"
It doesn't matter if the producers did or did not know about it.

The point is Joyce never told them in the first place!

That's like not putting your criminal record on the application form, but then the producers do a background check, and found out the person actually did have a criminal history. The person is guilty by omission of the info the same way.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •