The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

esquire 1095 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

11-24-04, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
Episode 2 begins in Iceland. They fly to Norway and do a bunch of stuff. Then at the end of the day, they are all put in the same place and start anew at the same time in a viking boat race.

This is a race? right? So What exactly was the purpose fo making them race and do things if they were all going to start again the next day at the same time?

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: So what exactly was the purpose... ARnutz 11-24-04 1
   RE: So what exactly was the purpose... seahorse 11-24-04 2
       RE: So what exactly was the purpose... ARnutz 11-25-04 3
       RE: So what exactly was the purpose... Loree 11-25-04 4
           RE: So what exactly was the purpose... pmspml5 11-25-04 5
               RE: So what exactly was the purpose... louislam 11-25-04 6
   RE: So what exactly was the purpose... Canada Girl 11-25-04 7
       RE: So what exactly was the purpose... Starshine 11-25-04 8
 RE: So what exactly was the purpose... anotherkim 11-26-04 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-24-04, 10:57 PM (EST)
1. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
They did the same thing in episode 1, they all slept on the glacier in tents. It struck me as funny because I never noticed this happening in previous TAR seasons. I really hope this is not a new thing they are always going to do.

seahorse 14337 desperate attention whore postings

11-24-04, 11:50 PM (EST)
2. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
They do this all the time, sometimes no flights are available till the next day, other times a required location does not open until a certain time.

I do agree the Viking ship was really ridiculous, at least in the tents thhe teams left the following morning at four different times a half-hour apart. On the ship race all ten teams had to wait to start the race and then they are seperated by only a few minutes after the ship race.

We tend to hate the bunching but if it didn't exist, the race would be very onesided by the 10th or 12th leg.

ARnutz 13937 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-04, 07:25 AM (EST)
3. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
Ahhhh... very wise seahorse! You're right, without the bunching a team could be several countries ahead of the rest and we would not have all the drama and excitement.

The viking boat thing? Was ridiculous!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-04, 10:18 AM (EST)
4. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
I was wondering what would have happened if one or two teams would have gotten really lost and not made it to the Viking boat the same day as the others. Would they have done some behind the scenes helping to hurry the lagging teams along?

pmspml5 3263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-25-04, 10:28 AM (EST)
5. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
Did you notice that M&M barely made it before sunrise. They just had to be completely exhausted when they got there.

louislam 475 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

11-25-04, 01:04 PM (EST)
6. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
I also noticed that, they were really much behind the other teams...also in ep.1 they had to take shuttle no.5...

Canada Girl 3340 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-25-04, 02:50 PM (EST)
7. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
I hated the viking boat thing, thought it was useless.

However, it may have had to do with the train schedule - say, something like one train a day to their destination.

Keep your eye on the ball!

Starshine 5033 desperate attention whore postings

11-25-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
8. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."
So let them wait at the station like in previous years.

Think the producers were hoping for some conflict in the picking of teams. I suspect that we may have more of these sorts of tasks to bring back the Mirna/Colin magic.

anotherkim 14420 desperate attention whore postings

11-26-04, 00:17 AM (EST)
9. "RE: So what exactly was the purpose of the first part of episode 2."

the teamwork aspect of the game is part of what makes it interesting. We have to see the teams interact with each other as well as race. Plus, the bunching is a psychological thing. Teams never know when they are going to have a cushion or not. They can't get lazy or make assumptions that their lead is a sure thing.

"Race" is used very loosely in this "game". Bottom line...it's a television show.

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--and my favorite one at that!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •