The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Buy or Sell?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Original message

magic_star 2400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

06-05-03, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Buy or Sell?"
It's time to go shopping guys! By each team, list if you would buy or sell them and give the reasons why. If you saw some good action or a good move by a team, then you may want to buy them. If you saw some horrible moves or maybe they went from 1st to next to last you might want to sell them.
Don't base your picks on popularity though. There is a separate thing for that.

If you've watched Around the Horn before, then you probably have a good idea of how this works.
If this goes well, maybe we can try this each week.

WARNING TO WEST COAST PEOPLE, DON'T READ ON IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENED.

You can do them in any order you'd like. Alphabetically, Buy and Sells separated, etc...

Here is my list...

David/Jeff(Sell)- Even though they moved from the back to 5th, it wasn't really because of anything they did. They just followed the others, still managed to get lost on the boats, and showed they're not capable of making smart decisions yet. I've got to sell them, however if they finish great again next week, then I might buy.

Jon/Al(Buy)- They made the huge mistake of not camping out but they still managed to come back and finish 6th. They have showed they can think before, so I'm not going to completely count that off on them. I do think that will be their last big mistake though, so I'll buy.

Jon/Kelly(Sell)- This one is obvious. First, they didn't make sure the taxi went to the right place with the rafts. Then, they were the only team at the train station not to get on the bus. Tian/Jaree just didn't make it to the train station on time, so they don't count. I'm selling.

Millie/Chuck(Buy)- They had great thinking with the detour choice, but then they blew it with the road block. Still, since they were able to beat all of those other teams doing the supposedly slower detour choice I've gotta give them credit for that. I'll buy them, but very close to a sell.

Monica/Sheree(Sell)- They blew a huge lead and fell all the way down to 10th. Not much worse than that. I'll sell them.

Reichen/Chip(Buy)- Alliances don't matter in this game. So no big cost on other teams hating them. It might actually help them if other teams waste their time on getting them out. They moved all the way to 2nd and made the smart decision to camp out. I've gotta buy them.

Russell/Cindy(Sell)- I think they;re like David/Jeff. They're just hanging on but not really doing anything smart yet. Until they show they have some brains, I wouldn't buy them.

Steve/Dave(Buy)- Well they did what I thought they would do; they went for the Fast Forward. Definitely smart thinking, and maybe that knee will heel. I think they actually have quite an advantage over the other teams as far as time goes. I'll buy.

Steve/Josh(Sell)- He's gotta be able to get that mask sooner than that and even after he got it, they still fell back. I'll sell Steve/Josh.

Tian/Jaree(Buy)- They haven't necessarily done anything great yet either but they did make the smart choice of camping out, which got them a 4th place finish. You can't blame getting on the 2nd train on them since they had no chance. They moved from 11th to 4th and you've gotta give them some credit for that.

T-Mac hits the three! Magic Win! Magic Win!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Buy or Sell? DEVILRAYS 06-06-03 1

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

DEVILRAYS 398 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-06-03, 01:44 AM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Buy or Sell?"
SELL LIST:

Tian/Jaree - this is a team that barely outlasted Steve and Debra and just happened to do well on the Roadblock, leaping them into 4th. This is a team that's going to be a distant memory before the first non-elimination round and will probably finish in the bottom six, if not the bottom four.

Steve/Josh - not much from this team this round, but let's be honest - we won't be hearing too much from them. If they don't get their act together it will cost them, and it almost did on the Roadblock.

Russell/Cindy - staying near the middle of the pack isn't half bad as long as you can stay in the middle from beginning to the 12th leg and pull ahead. It's not an easy thing to do, though, and this team may be one of the ones to take a fall.

Monica/Sheree - I hate to sell this team, but they are not going anywhere. This is the ultimate example of needing to get one's act together, and if they don't, their days are numbered. Plus they're out one Fast Forward, which could have been useful.

Millie/Chuck - oh, how the mighty have fallen. Look for this team to be all over the leaderboard, with their final stop in last place at any given leg of the race. A team as potentially erratic as this team doesn't stand a chance. And calling out to God won't help either; he's too busy laughing at your errors to help you.

Kelly/Jon - at one point they appeared to be this season's Flo and Zach. Like Flo and Zach, they don't stand a snowball's chance in hell. Unlike Flo and Zach, they have no way of channeling dark powers and overcoming the fact that they don't have a snowball's chance in hell.

David/Jeff - they don't look like a team that's really going to get ahead, but then again, weirder things have happened. If they start playing their own Race, they could go far.

BUY LIST:

Steve/Dave - this looks to be a team that's going to hang around for some time. They have the guts to reach the final three, and they used their Fast Forward well.

Reichen/Chip - Team Guido part two? I doubt it, though this team might just have what it takes to go far. Not yet an odds-on favorite by any means, but definitely a team that will finish ahead of someone in every round if they play their cards right.

Jon/Al - somewhat athletic, young, and actually pretty funny. What's keeping this season's comedy act from going all the way? Hard to say at this point.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •