The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ep 10 Press Release"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-08, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ep 10 Press Release"
No CBS clues yet but here's close enough

From VG over at SPhoenix

http://resources.survivorphoenix.com/postnuke/html/index.php

THE SURVIVOR AUCTION IGNITES AN EXISTING RIVALRY, PROMPTING A HEATED ARGUMENT THAT PUTS THE WHOLE TRIBE ON EDGE, ON "SURVIVOR: GABON — EARTH'S LAST EDEN"

Totally Randy and Crystal

One Castaway devises a dangerous plan that hinges on the hidden immunity idol, while another Castaway considers betraying their alliance in order to avoid elimination.

Byoffer may be right!

Well the castaway is either Randy or Corrine and the alliance
breaker I think is Matty. With Sugar real and Bob’s fake idol maybe coming into play with Sugar giving Bob the real one?

The blindside would have to be against CSK. Randy really wants
Crystal gone and Matty again mentioned that his vote for
Crystal when Ace left may bite him in butt later. But why is Ken pleading with Crystal that he’s the glue. Is he the target? Who doesn't know about Sugar's HI....Susie??

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ep 10 Press Release Bebo 11-14-08 1
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-14-08 2
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Brownroach 11-14-08 3
       RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-14-08 4
           RE: Ep 10 Press Release Brownroach 11-14-08 6
               RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-14-08 7
                   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Brownroach 11-14-08 12
                       RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-14-08 13
                       RE: Ep 10 Press Release Bebo 11-14-08 14
               RE: Ep 10 Press Release Corvis 11-14-08 8
                   RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-14-08 9
                       RE: Ep 10 Press Release Corvis 11-14-08 10
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Georjanna 11-14-08 16
 RE: Ep 10 Press Release CTgirl 11-14-08 5
 RE: Ep 10 Press Release Snidget 11-14-08 11
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release suzzee 11-14-08 17
 RE: Ep 10 Press Release Bebo 11-14-08 15
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release television 11-16-08 21
 Survivor Phoenix has a question for... vince3 11-15-08 18
   RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question... emydi 11-16-08 23
       RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question... vince3 11-16-08 24
           RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question... emydi 11-16-08 25
               RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question... vince3 11-16-08 26
                   RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question... JazzyJax 11-20-08 48
       RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question... Outfrontgirl 11-16-08 28
 RE: Ep 10 Press Release Scarlett O Hara 11-16-08 19
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Flowerpower 11-16-08 20
       RE: Ep 10 Press Release guardian 11-16-08 22
 CBS Clues Chez 11-16-08 27
   RE: CBS Clues vince3 11-16-08 29
       RE: CBS Clues Chez 11-16-08 30
           RE: CBS Clues dabo 11-16-08 31
 RE: Ep 10 Press Release Flowerpower 11-19-08 32
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-19-08 33
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Scarlett O Hara 11-19-08 34
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Corvis 11-19-08 35
       RE: Ep 10 Press Release Flowerpower 11-19-08 40
           RE: Ep 10 Press Release Corvis 11-19-08 41
       RE: Ep 10 Press Release michel 11-19-08 43
   RE: Ep 10 Press Release yucca 11-19-08 36
       RE: Ep 10 Press Release emydi 11-19-08 37
       RE: Ep 10 Press Release Brownroach 11-19-08 38
           RE: Ep 10 Press Release Scarlett O Hara 11-19-08 39
               RE: Ep 10 Press Release citywitch 11-19-08 42
                   RE: Ep 10 Press Release suzzee 11-19-08 44
                       RE: Ep 10 Press Release Brownroach 11-20-08 47
                   RE: Ep 10 Press Release Georjanna 11-19-08 45
                       RE: Ep 10 Press Release jobgirl 11-19-08 46
                           RE: Ep 10 Press Release citywitch 11-21-08 49

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 01:08 PM (EST)
1. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 01:09 PM (EST)

One Castaway devises a dangerous plan that hinges on the hidden immunity idol, while another Castaway considers betraying their alliance in order to avoid elimination.

Wild speculation based on this clue and the vidcaps...

Randy and Corrine both know they're in trouble, so either could be trying to hatch the dangerous plan hinging on the hidden II. What if Randy tries to convince CSK that the target is Crystal, while he, Corrine, and Bob are actually targeting Sugar? The plan all hinges on her not playing the Idol when she needs to and blindsiding her. The Ken/Crystal vidcap is Ken the Glue calming Crystal the Confrontational down about not worrying about being targeted by Randy, since they don't have the numbers to make it work - the alliance is tight.

Matty would be the key for making that work. He's have to join RCB to give them a 4th, and he'd have to either misdirect Sugar on the real target so that she doesn't throw it into a 4-4 tie or (more likely) convince her she doesn't need to play the Idol this week.

So is that the Castaway considering a betrayal to avoid elimination? I don't think so. While we see Randy talking to Matty in the vidcaps about not being part of the F3, Matty knows he's not going anywhere soon - there are at least three targets ahead of him, and he's an II threat. I think the castaway considering betrayal could be Bob. Randy and Corrine know they can't get in with Fang, but Bob might think he has a shot. He is probably pretty comfortable with the idea of Randy or Corrine being targeted before him, but since he was saved by the merge, he might try to do some damage control.

ETA: First impression is bye bye Randy. The Castaway considered breaking their alliance - probably doesn't happen.

11-14-08, 01:23 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Bob did say in an insider clip this week about the Marcus vote that Susie was playing the game and may he should start too...

Then Bob could try to cook up something with his fake idol and Sugar's real one

Brownroach 15341 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 01:31 PM (EST)
3. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 01:39 PM (EST)

The Castaway considered breaking their alliance - probably doesn't happen.

Agree -- typically clues worded this way don't come to fruition. If it means the person is trying to avoid elimination in this episode it wouldn't be Matty, but if it means avoiding elimination later on, it could be (Matty has to consider that Randy is correct about K/C/S planning to be F3).

I think the person who devises the dangerous plan centering on the idol might be Kenny. That could be what he is trying to reassure Crystal about. Not sure what the plan would be though.

ETA: My early boot pick is Randy as well. Jeff has said this is going to be a very exciting episode -- "truth, no hype" -- which leads me to believe the boot will be one of the prime "characters" -- not Susie or Bob, and definitely not Matty).

11-14-08, 01:39 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 01:40 PM (EST)

buy Corrine is saying in the preview, This has to be just right...I think it's her and Randy...whether it works or not...

That the deal has to do with the HI I think means it is not from CK bc they know about Sugar's. I think Bob's fake HI comes into play. This would be something different...maybe Sugar and Bob switch idols and both play them and CSK thinks it's bob that is going but actually its one of them...this could be the reason Jiffy thinks this ep is so amazing...yawn...

11-14-08, 01:47 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Corrine is saying in the preview, This has to be just right

True...but do they know about Sugar's idol or are they guessing.

Question about last night since I missed part of the Exile Island sequence -- did Bob follow all the clues and realize the idol was taken before he made the new one? Or did he give up at a certain point?

11-14-08, 01:52 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
he saw the hook on the tree where the idol was where sugar found it.

He has to know she has it and I think he will either tell CR about it and they cook up a scheme and/or he tells Sugar about it and tries to get a "good" team against the "evil" CR/KC. YOu know BR the OVERRIDING Theme of the season...speaking of themes where's VS been? I miss her!

11-14-08, 03:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Enuf with Jiffy's stupid theme! I wouldn't be surprised if Corinne saying "Marcus deserved to stay" and Kenny retorting "Who doesn't deserve to stay?" is the entire extent of it.

If Bob is considering his options (moving over to the Fangs) he should keep what he knows (or suspects) about Sugar having the idol to himself. If Randy and Corinne press him he could say he couldn't figure out all of the clues.

11-14-08, 03:58 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
right, but I don't think Bob is ready to bail on CR yet, what else but Bob telling them about Sugar most likely having the idol would prompt a plan concerning HI which I think from promo has to come from CR.

11-14-08, 03:59 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
If Bob is considering his options (moving over to the Fangs)
he should keep what he knows (or suspects) about Sugar having the idol to himself.

It gives him a great conversation starter with Sugar. She's already said multiple times that she doesn't trust Kenny, so if he's tried to make her any promises, she wouldn't necessarily believe them. Bob knows his alliance is on the chopping block, and unlike Randy and Corrine, he has a shot of getting in with the majority alliance.

Corvis 3130 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

11-14-08, 01:55 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
He was never totally sure that Sugar got it, but he's pretty certain. He went through all the clues and he found the peg on the tree where the idol was supposed to be hanging and said something like "That looks like a perfect spot." So I think he's probably going on the assumption that she has it.

11-14-08, 01:57 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
C--after you returned to your conf. analysis..I noticed last nite that Bob had a bunch of Ts last nite... do you have a total from last nite yet??? No pressure but do ya, do ya?

11-14-08, 01:59 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LOL

No, I don't. I haven't had a chance to do it yet. Perhaps tonight after the kids go to bed.

I did notice Matty got another good confessional though during the reward.

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-14-08, 07:42 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-08 AT 07:59 PM (EST)

Matty would be the key for making that work. He's have to join RCB to give them a 4th ...

So is that the Castaway considering a betrayal to avoid elimination? I don't think so. While we see Randy talking to Matty in the vidcaps about not being part of the F3, Matty knows he's not going anywhere soon - there are at least three targets ahead of him, and he's an II threat. I think the castaway considering betrayal could be Bob ...

You're very probably right. But ...

Kenny seems to derive a great deal of satisfaction from manipulating the Game's female players and counting coup from its contingent of 'dominant' males. Woman-Slayer and Giant-Killer tidily packaged in one slimy litte rat. That's our Kenny.

So, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he finds a convenient reason to target Matty sooner rather than later. In fact, the longer the interloper stays, the greater the risk to Kenny he becomes. And Kenny does have the luxury of making the argument that his remaining harem of three (none currently inclined to defect to Randy and/or Corrine) wouldn't be hurt by ridding the Game of another II threat. The 'home' team would still have a 4 to 3 voting majority.

Then, of course, the questions would become, once again, this Season's staples: 1)Will Matty wake-the-hell-up before it's too late? 2)What will our 'Sugar' do?

As for Bob (and to expand a bit on a possiblity that Emydi has already suggested) ...

I would love to see a rump alliance of Bob, Matty, Sugar and Susie run the table on Kenny, Crystal, Randy and Corrine. In that order. The Ponderosa clips - and the Tribal Councils - would be priceless ...

And I can't begin to describe the pure joy I would feel if a Jury composed of Marcus, Charlie, Corrine, Kenny, Crystal, Randy, Matty and Sugar had to decide whether to award a million to Bob ... or Susie.

Older than Gillian. Shorter than Susie. As athletic as Crystal.

CTgirl 8013 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 01:44 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"

I think one of the castaways being refered to is Bob. Either clue could apply to him.

The dangerous plan could revolve around his fake idol. We've had several fake idols so I'm not sure Survivor would have shown us Bob's if he didn't try to use it in some way.

If that's not it, the another castaway could also be Bob considering switching alliances. He has a relationship with Susie so he could approach her to vote with the Fangs. He has to know that Corinne, Randy and he are the next targets so he may decide to bail on his old alliance.

Snidget 44369 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 02:48 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
I'm hoping Bob gives the fake idol to someone he is supposed to be allied with to prove loyalty but because he's playing the game and teamed up with other people (he has to know he's low man on the alliance totem pole).

But then I just love watching Jeff toss fake idols into the fire. But can you just imagine if it were like Randy or something and he's so full of himself and his safety and that he is bouncing the vote so Chrystal leaves but really he leaves because it is a fake idol. How Kenny would fit in I dunno, but I could see Sugar, Kenny and Bob getting along, whether or not they would make something happen like that, I dunno. A girl can dream.

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-08, 09:28 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
I know I'm sounding mean here but:

Bob, get everyone to vote Kenny,tell Kenny he's getting voted out. Give him your fake idol. Watch him play it. See Jeff admire the craftsmanship. Send Kenny to Marcus & Charlie.

There I feel better

11-14-08, 04:02 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
One Castaway devises a dangerous plan that hinges on the hidden immunity idol

Maybe Bob lets people think there had been another immunity idol hidden out there and show his fake. Just because it wasn't re-hidden after prior seasons doesn't mean they wouldn't hide another one this year, especially since they threw one of the II away.

It's a dangerous plan - since they could always test him anyway if they call his bluff - that hinges on the idol.

television 282 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

11-16-08, 03:09 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
That would be interesting, eh? I think that if Bob came up to me with his convincing fake and told me that there was a clue on EI that said 'now that the game is individual, there's another Hidden Immunity Idol' then I would be inclined to believe him, or at least be very afraid that he might be right (yes, I know he got sent before the merge, but it's still plausible, especially given that survivor is always trying to get fresh 'tweaks' to their twists).

vince3 17341 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-08, 09:20 PM (EST)
18. "Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
What color is that which has been used most rarely yet is hidden in plain sight?

11-16-08, 04:16 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-08 AT 04:19 PM (EST)

and below the ? is this quote

If you copy, it means you're working without any real feeling. No two people on earth are alike, and it's got to be that way in music or it isn't music."
Billie Holiday

11-16-08, 04:46 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
I could've sworn that that particular quote has been around for a while....... while the question appeared recently......

11-16-08, 04:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
you're probably right, I didn't notice the quote until i looked for ?.

The S files thing at top with Jiffy's eye?? has also been there for a while

11-16-08, 04:57 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
I wonder if the ? is a clue to either our boot or IC winner..... Maybe it's about something that's clear, Crystal clear?

JazzyJax 531 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

11-20-08, 03:37 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-08 AT 03:51 PM (EST)

This may be nothing but the properties on the color clue also says: "mekage me ne tsin minal"

The only reference I could find on the net for that is another Phoenix page that says "If somebody goes home, that's better for me" but I have no clue if the two statements are direct translations. Anybody know?

ETA: This text is also on the top right corner of the page. A webpage by an allege Gabon student has this french listed above the mekage message, "Les promesses sont cause de mensonges" which translates loosely to "The promises are the cause of lies."

Perhaps someone smarter than me can figure out what that's supposed to mean.

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-08, 08:11 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Survivor Phoenix has a question for us:"
The copying quote has been around for quite awhile, and I take it to refer to the games that have been played by spoiler sites in taking credit for something lifted from another spoiler ... (and is not referring to Blows).

Don't know the answer about the color.

Scarlett O Hara 3439 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-08, 08:04 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"

This is simple to me. The one who devises the dangerous plan with the hidden II is the most desparate one -- Bob. Matty may consider his options of joining the Onions, for all of two seconds, but he will stay with the Fangs.

Flowerpower 7262 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-08, 12:25 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"

This is simple to me. The one who devises the dangerous plan with the hidden II is the most desparate one -- Bob. Matty may consider his options of joining the Onions, for all of two seconds, but he will stay with the Fangs.

I tend to agree with you here, Scarlett. The press release tells us that one will consider betraying their alliance, indeed, with all of the trash-talking Randy is doing toward Matty, I think Matty is forced to consider betraying Kenny/Crystal/Susie, but will not at this point. So, if Matty sticks with Ken/Crystal/Susie and Sugar, then who is the most likely boot...clearly one of Randy or Corrine. I had surmised earlier that in order for Randy to avoid being booted, perhaps he would win the IN. Now, with the release of the weekend promo and the PIP we know that Randy will not win the IN. Therefore, Randy should be the first choice, UNLESS perhaps, the one who devises the dangerous plan with the II saves him and gets booted themselves. I don't think Sugar will be booted at this point, could BOB be in serious trouble this week? He got a spike in confessionals last ep and clearly with the production of a fake II, his story arc is up and running...?

The other choice could be Corrine as she is seen in the promos saying...We have to get this right. If we get this right the whole game will change. Perhaps she could be the one that "saves" Randy and gets booted herself?

guardian 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-16-08, 03:44 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-16-08 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

Here's a thought! What if Matty wants to be in a smaller group? One that doesn't have the tight alliance of two. Crystal and Kenny are tight, and I think Corinne and Randy are tight. What if Matty was able to get Sugar, Bob and Susie over with him. Do it secretly, and then start picking the others off. At least it would be a group that Sugar would agree to, and we all know that Susie wants to make it to the final 3. ???

Chez 779 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-16-08, 08:09 PM (EST)
27. "CBS Clues"
Here are the clues from the CBS web site:

"The Brains Behind Everything

At a hard-fought reward challenge, conflict threatens to cause an upset at the last minute. One hot-headed castaway's assertiveness causes a rift in the newly re-formed tribe. The members of one powerful alliance find themselves short one member and scrambling to recover from the loss. "

They are a bit different from what has been discussed on Survivor Fever.

The title sounds like a jab at Kenny.

The reward challenge is the food auction, so what happens? Does someone renege on an offer to share a food item?

The hot-headed castaway must be Randy, Corinne or Crystal.

The powerful alliance - is this the remains of the Onion alliance? If so, aren't they down more than one?

11-16-08, 08:12 PM (EST)
29. "RE: CBS Clues"
Um....... I hate to break it to ya, but those were from last week......

Randy caused the conflict at the RC and then he caused major drama at TC, and his Onion alliance was down a man due to Marcus's departure the previous ep............

Chez 779 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

11-16-08, 09:21 PM (EST)
30. "RE: CBS Clues"
Oh boy. I feel sheepish...

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-08, 10:47 PM (EST)
31. "RE: CBS Clues"
Don't sweat it, Randy is equally Randy this coming episode if not moreso.

11-19-08, 08:11 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
I am still having alot of difficulty narrowing down the boot choices, so I thought I'd re-examine a few things...

First of all we have the press release:

THE SURVIVOR AUCTION IGNITES AN EXISTING RIVALRY, PROMPTING A HEATED ARGUMENT THAT PUTS THE WHOLE TRIBE ON EDGE, ON "SURVIVOR: GABON — EARTH'S LAST EDEN"

One Castaway devises a dangerous plan that hinges on the hidden immunity idol, while another Castaway considers betraying their alliance in order to avoid elimination

I do believe that the rivalry at the auction is indeed Randy and Crystal...We know that it involves Randy, as Jiffy told us in his preview, "a great moment that Randy provides, that only Randy could provide us and it just shows us that you can't predict human nature and you can't change who you are because in the middle of a game for a million $, Randy doesn't seem to care about who he offends...Randy states, "I left the auction broke, full, half drunk, and pissed off...so, I'm gonna burn this house down."

So, Randy will get into it with Crystal and this will get the whole tribe tense and in an uproar... Clearly, the logical choice of Kenny and Company would be to get this troublemaker out, but as has been the pattern for this season, I think the King of Gabon this week in the previews may indeed be a smokescreen.

Next I looked at the vidcaps and I kept coming back to this one...

At first, I thought this statement must have come because Kenny was trying to make Crystal see as he does and to vote with him and not for who she must want to vote out, Randy. Kenny must not want to vote Randy out at this point...This fit with the Randy as smokescreen theory.

Secondly, who is the next best target? Logically it would be Corrine. The biggest problem that I have with that one, and I may be wrong, but I do give the folks in the editing thread some weight, and they seem to think that Corrine has end game written all over her edit...so, if it's not Corrine, than who? Bob? Well, I agree with BR on that one. I think in order for him to give his idol to Randy to wreak havoc at TC with, he must win Individual Immunity at the IC. Most likely there is a puzzle at the end of the balance beam portion. So, that crosses all of the onions off.

Sugar, Matty - they are currently with the old Fangs, and they have each others backs. But, they are still a consideration.

Re-examining the vidcap above, however, why would Kenny specifically say, "I am the glue that is holding you guys together"....the rift in the tribe is due to Randy, not with someone in the Fangs, right? Or, perhaps NOT! What if there is trouble in paradise between Crystal, Susie, Kenny, Matty, Sugar. Is this Matty, Sugar vs. Crystal, Susie with Kenny in the middle? Could they cut one of their own? If they are indeed fractured, and they buy the fake II at TC, which saves Randy, and Bob has II, then you would think that logically they would vote Corrine. But, I have a problem with that if I feel strongly about the editing that is in Corrine's favor. So, who could they possibly get out...Susie, Crystal? We know that Corrine, Randy do indeed hold her responsible for Marcus' boot, and Bob could side with them as well?

I can get to a point where I can rationalize a Crystal, Susie boot. She won II last week, but this week Susie could cause trouble within the old Fangs with her waffling, and when the fake II rears it's head at TC and Randy perhaps uses it to bluff the old Fangs...one of Corrine or I have it, and you won't know which one until after the vote...if he pulls something like that, I could see Susie getting the vote out.

11-19-08, 08:52 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
thanks for putting some of my thoughts into a great post! psst see my vote

11-19-08, 09:24 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Yes, FP, I think you are indeed on to something here!

KennY: "I am the glue that holds you together"

He is the link between Crystal/Susie AND Matty/Sugar.

I'm wondering if the fracture is between these two groups?

11-19-08, 09:30 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Susie would waffle in what way? Vote with Kota to make a tie? Even she isn't that stupid. She has to see that her F3 goal is much more likely with Crystal and Kenny than it is with Old Kota, who she has betrayed and who she knows doesn't like her. She is not going to waffle. The only possible rift would be Matty and Sugar switching sides and they wouldn't do that at this point because it doesn't improve their position.

Your other idea about Kenny not wanting to boot Randy and Crystal disagreeing makes far more sense than this idea. Kenny calling himself the glue could be him saying to Crystal "Go with my idea of booting Corinne - I am the glue that's keeping us together - I've gotten us this far. Trust me. We'll be fine."

Flowerpower, stick with your original gut instinct!

11-19-08, 02:01 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Point taken, Corvis....you are right, I don't think Susie will waffle, just stuck that in there for arguments sake, perhaps.

Right now I think that Kenny/Crystal/Matty/Susie/Sugar will go into TC with the intention of voting out Randy or Corrine. I think the dynamics that occur at TC will sway some to perhaps change their votes. Some will perhaps be intimidated by the fake II...who knows at this point. It's either Susie or Randy. I don't think it's Corrine or Bob, and I have serious doubt that it would be Kenny. People on the back burner that it could be...Crystal, Matty.

11-19-08, 02:19 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
That would be amazing if that were to happen. I don't think it's ever happened than an alliance went into TC voting one way and then changed at the last minute. I think if that were to happen it would be hyped as the most insane Tribal Council ever. Sure, Probst said the episode would be "One of the best episodes of the season. No hype." But the previews have all been in the form of questions: "Will anyone be able to tell which immunity idol is real and which is fake?" and "But with a fake Immunity Idol in play will his strategy work at Tribal Council? Anytime the promos offer up a question where the most interesting answer is "Yes", you can assume the answer is no. Otherwise, they'd just shout from the rooftops - "This is the most amazing TC ever!"

I suppose that was a long winded way of saying, the hype isn't there. I think the chance of people changing their votes because of the possibility of something happening at TC with an idol is very small.

michel 10958 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-08, 07:17 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
>"Susie would waffle in what way?"

Susie wouldn't waffle with her vote but she could try to get an F3 promise with Matty and Sugar as well as the one she has with Kenny and Crystal.

yucca 10 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

11-19-08, 10:48 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Hi. Long time lurker here. I too keep coming back to this vidcap. You don't often seen nighttime scenes on survivor except in the beginning of the show when they all come back from tribal council. I think this is just after they are back from tribal and crystal is upset because of what happened at tc and maybe she sees that some people like sugar upset about voting charlie out and that is what prompts kenny's remark. That being said, it could certainly signal a fracture in the kenny/crystal/susie/matty/sugar alliance.

11-19-08, 11:07 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Welcome yucca!

I thought the same thing about that nite scene. I don't think it has to do with later in the show but about the previous TC also.

11-19-08, 12:59 PM (EST)
38. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Hi yucca -- I realized the same thing, that scene couldn't be between this week's IC and TC, it is probably Kenny talking about the previous TC.

But I don't think there will be any fracture in Kenny's alliance. They will vote for either Corinne or Randy. I am going with Corinne because I think they are making Randy too "obvious" (much as they made Corinne too "obvious" last week). But I won't be shocked if it's Randy.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

11-19-08, 01:25 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-08 AT 01:34 PM (EST)

Welcome yucca! I hope you'll stick around and continue to contribute to our on-going discussions. You know what they say, and it is certainly the case here ... "2 Heads are Better than one."

I am in agreement with your point that this night time glimpse most likely occurs after they have arrived back from Tribal Council. We were shown Sugar crying as she wrote Charlie's name down. Perhaps we are shown Sugar, upon arriving back from Tribal Council, expressing doubt and remorse about voting Charlie off. Next, we are shown this clip where Crystal expresses concern over the other half of her alliance (Sugar + Matty) and Kenny must reassure her that he is the "glue" that will keep them all bound together and Crystal should not worry about the solidarity of the Fang alliance. She is most likely upset after being grilled by Randy at TC as well.

Of course, we are shown this clip for a reason -- Crystal is just to believe that her alliance is in trouble. Corrine and Randy will succeed in convincing Matty that he will never make F-3 with Kenny ~ Crystal ~ Susie. Matty will go to his alliance mates and ask them to vote off Susie. Crystal won't want any part of it. In the meantime, Bob and Randy will put the fake HII into play. Sugar is seen with Bob -- they are both happy -- it appears as if they are getting ready to go to Tribal Council. I think Sugar is on board with this plan.

Somehow, some way, I feel in my gut that Randy's/Bob's/Corrine's plan will be successful. Bob will have immunity; Randy uses the fake HII; Corrine will have her revenge for the Marcus boot and Susie will be voted out at Tribal Council.

Just a hunch.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-08, 06:01 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
what a great discussion

2 things have me confused:

1)THE SURVIVOR AUCTION IGNITES AN EXISTING RIVALRY, PROMPTING A HEATED ARGUMENT THAT PUTS THE WHOLE TRIBE ON EDGE Is everybody sure that this is between Randy & Crystal? I certainly think that they hate each other, but are they really classic "rivals"? Like say Aras & Terry?

2)Randy doesn't seem to care about who he offends...Randy states, "I left the auction broke, full, half drunk, and pissed off...so, I'm gonna burn this house down." I don't think Randy would care about offending Crystal..but what about offending someone else?

suzzee 5961 desperate attention whore postings

11-19-08, 08:07 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
Past snits:

Corrine & Kenny (Marcus didn't deserve to go)
Corrine & Susie (I was going to vote you, although that was really one sided they didn't really have a chick fight)
Matty & Crystal (the rice spill rehash at TC)
Randy & Matty (the golf challenge)
Randy & Crystal (take your pick, there were a few)
Randy & Susie (the "I'm not always trying to be funny every time I say something" quote involving Dan's boot after TC)

Did I forget any? If not I'm sure there were plenty that weren't shown but they said "rivalry" and who was in competition that got vocal? They may say rivalry in the context that they are competing against each other as Survivor contestants. I don't see any classic rivalries.

All in all the most volatile is Crystal, who is hyper sensitive/defensive/delusional and to her, everyone's face says it all regardless of what comes out of their mouths.

Crystal & Randy are probably the ones named here but that's been seen and seems like overkill to me.

I've been thinking that Matty is a little flaky.
Is this where Susie finally blows up? Jeff refers to her not shutting up (although this was pre-season and who knows what's on the cutting room floor, we really haven't seen it yet.

11-20-08, 11:49 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
The snit that strikes me most as having the characteristics of a "rivalry" was Randy and Matty at the golf challenge - each thinking they knew the best way to get the shot in.

On the other hand, a "rivalry" implies something ongoing and that was really the only tiff they had.

So probably it's Randy and Crystal since theirs has been the longest-running feud.

Surfkitten Summer Sigshop 2008

Georjanna 1316 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-19-08, 10:13 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
I just got in from work, and it is a great discussion!

About who Randy doesn't care about offending:

It seems to me that it would hardly be worth the effort to write/speak the line if the personage offended is merely one ... or all ... of Randy's tribemates. So, I wonder if it might be the speaker who finds himself at the wrong end of the sarcasm that is suddenly not so amusing?

And about the night scene between Kenny and Crystal:

My impression is that Kenny is slightly drunk. His eyes seem to be a bit unfocused, Crystal appears to be giving him a hand up/steadying him and his little speech has that tell-tale tone that the inebriated adopt when they are trying so very hard to sound seriously sober. And, according to Randy, he returned from the RC/Auction "half-drunk".

So, for whatever good it might do in unraveling this week's snarl of clues, I think that the conversation takes place on the evening after the Auction.

Older than Gillian. Shorter than Susie. As athletic as Crystal.

jobgirl 36 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

11-19-08, 10:54 PM (EST)
46. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"
I think the rivalry could be between Susie and Corinne; Susie thinks she is contributing more than Corrine and has more strength and while Corrine thinks a 40-year-old woman couldn't possibly beat her at anything, Susie did actually beat her for immunity.

citywitch 250 desperate attention whore postings

11-21-08, 08:42 AM (EST)
49. "RE: Ep 10 Press Release"

One Castaway devises a dangerous plan that hinges on the hidden immunity idol, while another Castaway considers betraying their alliance in order to avoid elimination

WOW! It ends up that both of these were about Sugar. I think that "devises a dangerous plan" could have been either Randy or Sugar, but I'm opting for Sugar in that the danger would have been in convincing Randy/Corinne that the fake was real.

Is Sugar the winner?

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •