The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S2 Gufu Award: Eps 1, 2, 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-06-02, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S2 Gufu Award: Eps 1, 2, 3"

Friends, it is time to begin the process of determining which gufus from S2 and S1 will join the S4 winner (Rotu 4 Reveal Boot Order at IC8! from S4ep8) and S3 winner (Silas' Strategy Proposal! from S3ep4) as Ultimate Gufus! How this will work overall, I'm hoping to have all the nomination/voting threads up by mid July, and the voting will remain open on all of these threads until the Final Vote threads are started sometime in August. Each of these nomination/voting threads will cover two or three episodes, so I would ask that sigpics and animations be kept to a minimum (not saying don't use them, just requesting that you not use a multitude of them on these threads).

Alright, the Gufu Award was established to determine the dangdumbest game move in Survivordum. You will have two nomination/votes per episode (which may only be used for that episode). So, refresh your memories by following the links supplied below. Take your time if you wish (this is a summer project, don't worry about beating deadlines, let's have fun!).

Very Important: Do Not Reply to This Post! I will be starting three reply posts, one for each episode covered in this thread. You should reply to each of those posts only with your nomination/votes for that episode. Actually, if you have any questions, post those as replies to this post, that's cool. But please have a little pity on der Gufumeister here by keeping things neat and clean for me. It's okay to respond to what others post if you have any additional observations you would care to make, but please remember that none of this stuff is worth fighting over. Okay, the links:

episode 1
episode 2
episode 3

And if someone would like to volunteer to help out in this project (by posting a nomination/vote thread of two when I cannot, in order to keep this project on schedule), please email me.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Episode 1 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-06-02 1
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes BMH 06-06-02 4
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes Kokoro 06-06-02 5
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes Swami 06-06-02 7
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes spartan 06-06-02 8
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-06-02 12
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes J Slice 06-07-02 14
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes MeToo 06-07-02 15
   RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-08-02 18
       RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes Bebo 06-10-02 22
 Episode 2 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-06-02 2
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes Teddy_Bear 06-06-02 6
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes Swami 06-06-02 9
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-06-02 11
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes MeToo 06-07-02 16
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-08-02 19
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes spartan 06-08-02 21
   RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes Kokoro 06-26-02 23
 Episode 3 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-06-02 3
   RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes spartan 06-06-02 10
   RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-06-02 13
   RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes MeToo 06-07-02 17
   RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-08-02 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-06-02, 04:46 PM (EST)
1. "Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
Please post here only your episode 1 observations.

BMH 845 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

06-06-02, 05:59 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
Haha..Debb trying to start a fire!!

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-06-02, 07:13 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
How 'bout Debb suggesting they build the shelter out of rocks? Or Debb taking the map and leading them nowhere? Or Debb trying to blatantly get Jeff voted out? You know what - the episode one Gufu ~is~ Debb.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 09:09 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
Well, this is the easiest one to pick. Debb.

Debb, trying to start a fire & heeding no one's advice.
Debb, freaking out when Kimmi wouldn't shut up, and wondered how she was going to 'maaasterbate.'
Debb, dunking the torch when their raft tipped over.
Debb, being a bad sport & quiter when they clearly lost that challenge.
Debb.

Swami

spartan 280 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-06-02, 09:19 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
Debb is the obvious choice but which Debb moment to choose?

I'm going to have to go with the map incident. What kind of an idiot makes themselves a target in the first 10 minutes by insisting on being the map reader and then getting lost?

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-06-02, 10:33 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Debb gets assertive. For the reasons stated above.

Vote 2: Kimmi gets loud. Just so Debb doesn't get another unanimous vote against her

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

J Slice 13166 desperate attention whore postings

06-07-02, 11:07 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
Debb. that's it. she IS the GUFU.

-=J=-

WOOHOO! Hopkins here I come! (RCDS Class of '02!)

MeToo 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-07-02, 11:48 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
I would just like to add fuel to Debb's fire (pun intended).

06-08-02, 11:17 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
LAST EDITED ON 06-08-02 AT 11:18 AM (EST)

Vote 1: Debb's Pushy Abrasiveness! Not that there is anything wrong with a woman being strong and assertive, as Debb certainly was, but it became obvious very quickly that she really didn't know what she was doing out there. She should have backed off, tried to have been less forceful, but she just kept digging her own grave. Do that in a game like "Survivor," guess what, the other players will just let you keep doing it until they can get rid of you.

Vote 2: Kimmi's Nocturnal Performance (Night 1)! Let's see, Kimmi supposedly had a goal on "Survivor" to prove to herself and the world that she's not a scatterbrain (or something). So, after a hard day that included a bumpy airplane ride, a difficult trek through the wilderness (while hauling supplies), and constructing a camp from the available materials nature had supplied, etc., everyone tried to settle in for the night. So, of course, Kimmi pumped up the volume! Hey, first day jitters and all, a little gab session to wind down is a good idea, but they could probably have heard Radio Kimmi four miles away at Camp Ogakor (if not for Colby's snoring). The topper, of course, was the infamous "where am I going to masterbate?" line. GUFU!

Bebo 21083 desperate attention whore postings

06-10-02, 11:39 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Episode 1 Nomination/Votes"
I agree with Dabo's votes. Debb's made her an easy target for that ep, with Kimmi's performance making it easy for the rest of Kuchie-Koo to decide on the next victim.

06-06-02, 04:48 PM (EST)
2. "Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
Please post here only your episode 2 observations.

Teddy_Bear 1675 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

06-06-02, 08:27 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
JerkyGate. The biggest Gufu in Ep. 2 was in voting out Kel--one of the strongest members of the tribe, sans evidence or strategy.

It is not necessary to accept everything as true, one must only accept it as necessary.
||
Light a Virtual Candle
Eleanor Roosevelt: No one can make YOU feel inferior without YOUR consent!

Swami 5885 desperate attention whore postings

06-06-02, 09:22 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
Michael, trying to seize control of the tribe by cooking big servings of a breakfast no one wanted, and thanking God for making him the leader, when the tribe did their little payer circle thing.

Jeri, accusing Kel in jerky gate. A most egregious lie--and it worked! Bye bye Kel.

Kel, not fighting back! He didn't get mad when they searched his stuff. He handed over his shaver to be used by all--which he saw as showing he was a team player and they saw as a sign of weakness & kissing up. He went off by himself fishing instead of staying in camp & socializing.

Swami

06-06-02, 10:29 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Ogakor votes out Kel. I think Mitchell said it best in episode 3, "If we had voted out Maralyn instead of Kel, I guarantee we'd have immunity now."

Vote 2: Kimmi makes a big deal about eating the worm. Basically, she branded herself as a target here.

=======================

06-07-02, 11:51 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Jerri accusing Kel of eating beef jerky and showing what a b*tch she really is.

Vote 2: Ogakor actually believing Jerri about Kel. I mean, c'mon! They each had their bags search and knew full well that it would be completely impossible for him to smuggle anything in. And Jerri had already established herself as a b*tch by her attitude toward Keith. Idiots!

06-08-02, 11:36 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Ogakor's Kel Boot! Note to future "strong assets" who show up for "Survivor," the weak players will see you as a threat unless you ally (or at least socialize) with them, and the other strong players will also see you as a threat. And the individuals paranoias can combine within a tribe to the point where the tribe will essentially cut its own throat for whatever reason. Ogakor put itself on a downward spiral by booting off Kel, it was an amazing mistake.

Vote 2: Kel's Bribe! Bad as jerkygate was, you have to give credit where credit is due, it worked! One of the biggest reasons why it worked was that Kel misplayed his reaction to it by trying to bribe things right with his offer of his shaving kit, it just made him look all the more guilty in the eyes of the others. He should have layed a big reality check on the tribe by pointing out that his things had been searched through by MB (and whoever) same as all of theirs, done everything he could to divert the bad spotlight back onto Jerri for being delusional and so on, gone on the offensive somewhat instead of just playing it from a defensive posture.

06-08-02, 04:14 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
1. Voting out Kel. While he may have been a bit of a social misfit, he was an athletic guy who would have been an asset in future challenges.

2. Looking through Kel's backpack. Showed the entire group to be a classless, clueless bunch of losers.

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 07:46 AM (EST)
23. "RE: Episode 2 Nomination/Votes"
LAST EDITED ON 06-26-02 AT 07:48 AM (EST)

1.) Ogakor votes out Kel - it's not like it mattered in the end anyway, but if the weird Episode 6 gufu hadn't occurred, not voting out Kel second would've at least given them a chance of an even merge.

EDIT:

2.) Kel for practically doing nothing to secure his place in the tribe - he didn't approach anyone or even simply bother to bond with anyone on a friendship level. "Maralyn says she won't vote for me so I'm alright" - great strategy.

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

06-06-02, 04:50 PM (EST)
3. "Episode 3 Nomination/Votes"
Please post here only your episode 3 observations.

06-06-02, 09:37 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes"
If I remember correctly, Episode 3 is the episode that Nick brands himself as a target by refusing to help work around the camp. Barring someone coming up with something I have forgotten, I'm going to have to go with Nick being lazy.

06-06-02, 10:41 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Jerri blatently works Colby. She quickly cast herself, in Keith's eyes, as being manipulative and untrustworthy. However, she still might have been okay if she hadn't...

Vote 2: Jerri says she has befriended Amber, Mitchell and Colby at TC. She shut out Tina and Keith and made herself their target and also openly revealed the "Jerri's Kids" alliance.

=======================

06-07-02, 12:01 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Jerri figuring she could flirt her way to the million with Colby. What a sl*t.

Vote 2: Ogakor for missing a second opportunity to get rid of the b*tch.

Can you tell I don't like Jerri??

06-08-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Episode 3 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Mitchell Badmouths Reward! After suffering all that time where no apples or donuts were tossed their way while the cameras were off, Big Mitch wanted food food food! He'd rather have one meal handed to him than the means to provide food longterm come their way? This guy proved himself a jerk every time he said anything, it was difficult finding just one of those moments to highlight.

Vote 2: Tina Betrays Mad Dog! Maralyn was going to be voted off anyway, so why betray your willingness to be ruthless? Things could easily have turned against Tina had she been pegged an unreliable friend early on in the game, it was an unnecessary chance to take.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •