The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"S1 Gufu Award: Eps 7, 8, 9"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Basher Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-19-02, 06:03 PM (EST)
Click to check IP address of the poster
"S1 Gufu Award: Eps 7, 8, 9"

Well, pushing on with the project, the time has come to take on the merge! Ah, memories, the ambassadors, the unethical alliance, all that fun stuff. The Gufu Award was established to determine the dangdumbest game move in Survivordum. Once again, you have two nomination/votes per episode, and please cast your votes on the posts I will establish for each episode. (Why more people aren't taking these opportunities to run up some DAWs, I don't know). And here are the links in order to refresh your memories.

episode 7
episode 8
episode 9

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Episode 7 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-19-02 1
   RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-19-02 6
   RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-20-02 7
   RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes Strider 06-20-02 9
   RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes Kokoro 06-26-02 13
 Episode 8 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-19-02 2
   RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-19-02 5
   RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-20-02 8
   RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes Strider 06-20-02 10
   RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes Kokoro 06-26-02 14
 Episode 9 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-19-02 3
   RE: Episode 9 Nomination/Votes Survivorerist 06-19-02 4
   RE: Episode 9 Nomination/Votes Strider 06-20-02 11
   RE: Episode 9 Nomination/Votes dabo 06-20-02 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

06-19-02, 06:05 PM (EST)
1. "Episode 7 Nomination/Votes"
Please post you episode 7 nomination/votes here.

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

06-19-02, 06:24 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: The entire Pagong tribe for their general voting strategy. When you get a term named after you, you know it's gotta be bad.

Vote 2: Dr. Sean's alphabet strategy. You've hung out with your tribemates for 18 days. You have to know they're not gonna be dumb enough to let you get away with something like that.

=======================

Survivorerist - Oh where oh where did my sig pic go?

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."
-Antonia Zerbisias, The Toronto Star

06-20-02, 11:59 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Sean Lies About Alliance. The champion of the oddball strategies, Doctor K. had a primo opportunity while at Pagong Beach to make a big difference in the game. Normally, telling lies at the right time, to the right people, is strategically competent. But Sean had rejected joining the Tagi Alliance, and with the Pagongs properly motivated he could have seized control of the game if he'd played it properly.

Vote 2: Pagong's Voting Strategy! Well, actually, there wasn't any strategy to it unless they wanted to get rid of Gretchen. Honestly, early on in the game they had found out about Richard's alliance strategy, they had no excuse whatsoever for not playing smart. Instead, they were lead to the slaughter by Sean (of all people).

Strider 580 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

06-20-02, 12:50 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes"
1. Easy: Pagong. Not only do they not form an alliance, they each vote for a different person. Like an anti-alliance. 2 Pagongs even vote for their own. This is hands-down the gufuest non-manuever in all of Survivor history. Give them the award now.

2. Sean neither a: votes with the Tagi alliance, nor b: organizes a 6-4 counteralliance. I believe we would refer to this now as "Sean can't do the math"?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 07:41 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Episode 7 Nomination/Votes"
1.) Pagong's "may the best person win" voting strategy.

2.) Sean not actually joining an alliance. (although he did ride coattails to 5th so it wasn't so bad for him ;)

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

06-19-02, 06:07 PM (EST)
2. "Episode 8 Nomination/Votes"
Please post your episode 8 nomination/votes here.

06-19-02, 06:23 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Greg, Gervase and Colleen form a counter-alliance against Jenna. Did you forget that your "enemies" are those 5 guys over at Tagi?

Vote 2: Can't think of anything right now...will edit if I do

=======================

(Courtesy of Strider )

"Oh my heck, I'm so very glad that that's over. The 2001-2 television season was, for this sofa spud, cruelly and unusually punishing."

06-20-02, 12:44 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: Greg's Gay Strategy! Not that there's anything wrong with that, but even Richard wasn't interested. Plus, after Gretchen was voted out, it should have been obvious to the remaining Pagong that they needed to form their own alliance (and work on Sean to vote against Sue or Richard) if any of them were to have a chance, and Greg was the one who could have pulled them together if he'd decided to try. Instead, he flushed their chances right down the drain.

Vote 2: Greg's Sister! Yeah, I know, I'm violating my own rule because this is supposed to be about contestant screw-ups, but so what. Seriously, if you were going to make a little video that might be broadcast on network television, a simple message to a family member type of thing, would you want to come off looking like the village idiot? Those Buises sure are strange.

Production Gufus: This episode had two of the worst challenges ever! First, they had a reward that Jenna couldn't win (they should never have done that), then there was that impossible to follow IC with the ropes. Challenge-wise, this episode reeked of ineptitude.

06-20-02, 12:54 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes"
1. Colleen, Gervase, and Greg finally get smart enough to vote for the same person, and they choose... Jenna?!? Er?

2. Sean fails to organize a 5-4 counteralliance. It's not like the 4 Pagongs would have thought to gang up on him later. What's that expression? In the land of the blind, the one-eyed superpole is king?

Kokoro 3899 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

06-26-02, 07:43 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Episode 8 Nomination/Votes"
1.) Pagong still doesn't understand exactly what's going on.
There really aren't many mistakes that don't focus on them now are there?

-----------------------------------
Now let us never speak of S3 again.

06-19-02, 06:09 PM (EST)
3. "Episode 9 Nomination/Votes"
Please post your episode 9 nomination/votes here.

06-19-02, 06:17 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Episode 9 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: J is for Jenna. I was waiting for you to get to this one, dabo Sean, didn't you think they were eventually going to catch on and expose you? On a totally opposite note, I'd like to nominate Rich, Rudy, Sue and Kelly for the smartest move in Survivor for revealing Sean's idiocy.

Vote 2: Rich goes naked. Okay man, I understand you wanted to be an evil mastermind, but part of that is not drawing attention to yourself.

=======================

(Courtesy of Strider )

06-20-02, 12:55 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Episode 9 Nomination/Votes"
1. Sean, still "not 100% sure of an alliance," does not vote for Richard.

2. Kelly breaks the alliance. Even though it didn't matter in the end, it was still stupid at the time.

06-20-02, 03:13 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Episode 9 Nomination/Votes"
Vote 1: S Is For Sean! Oh, the much maligned Alphabet Strategy wasn't actually totally off the wall, though it was wishy-washy of course. It was a smart way for Sean to join the Tagi Alliance without actually having to commit himself, and naturally he had to let the Tagi Alliance know about it in order for it to work. Unfortunately, it backfired big-time when he tried to use it to sell himself to the Pagong as the one and only worthwhile Tagi on the island. Then endlessly going on and on and on about it just made things go from bad to worse, everyone got sick of it, and it freaked out Kelly who realized she would be next after Jenna.

Vote 2: Kelly Breaks the Alliance! Pushed over the edge by Sean's alphabet strategy and the suspicions against her within the Tagi Alliance, Kelly made the worst vote she could have made, confirming for everyone that she was unreliable. Lord only knows what she was thinking, but Sean was the one person she would need as an ally when she broke with the Tagi Alliance, and leaving the rest of the Tagi Alliance intact was a big mistake under the circumstances. Instead, she forced herself into the position all the Pagong had been in, hoping to fly solo to the end. That's great if you can pull it off, but it's so dumb to intentionally put yourself in that position when you have better options already working.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •