The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Shakes, I have a concern...."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

Irisheyes 276 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-13-01, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Irisheyes Click to send private message to Irisheyes Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Shakes, I have a concern...."
Shakes, you and I rarely if ever converse, but I find you to be an intelligent poster. So I hope you don't mind me sharing some concerns I have with your Survivor show based on the posters here.

It is an excellent idea, don't get me wrong, and a creative way to keep people coming back here during the summer. (I'm sure Webby will appreciate that) However, I am afraid that it will turn into a popularity contest, and people's feelings will get hurt. Yes, when people filled out the apps, including myself, they opened themselves up to this critiquing. But it could turn ugly. Say for instance it came down to me and Vampkira (I'm just using you for arguments sake, Kira, hope you don't mind)
If everyone on this board was rooting for VK over me, that would make me feel pretty shitty. It doesn't matter that it's just a game, it could turn very personal and I would hate to lose good posters and opinions over something as small as this.

Some people aren't going to want to participate in this, and if you write them in without their consent, they may get angry. I know I am making a ton of assumptions here, I'm just asking that you be very careful how you proceed with this. Then there are the people who really want to be part of this, and get left out. How are they going to feel? I know I am being super-sensitive, I just don't want to see people's feelings get hurt.

And of course, what if the way you percieve someone in your writing is so completely different from who they are? They may laugh, cry, call you a bastard, who knows? Again I am making assumptions, I'm just asking that you take these concerns and write very, very carefully.

So please, take my name out of the running (If I ever was in it)
Let someone else who really wants to be apart of this be. I just giggled answering those questions, that was fun for me. I'm not the attention whore that I once was.

Thanks for listening Shakes, and good luck with the summaries

The Irish Lass

Colby Rules!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... Dalton 05-13-01 1
   RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... BluSavana 05-13-01 2
       RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... dabo 05-14-01 3
           RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... sleeeve 05-14-01 6
               RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... dabo 05-15-01 7
                   RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... sleeeve 05-15-01 8
 RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... Cherberrie 05-14-01 4
   RE: Shakes, I have a concern.... ItzLisa 05-15-01 9
 I did not apply, buuuuuut. . . George Tirebiter 05-14-01 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-13-01, 08:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
THANKS IRISHEYES.....For the concern and forewarning...
Another Thread to "Read Only" for Dalton...tho, I look
forward to laughing myself sick at the folks who actually
"filled out applications".

Shakes strikes again on SB.com...hehehe...looks like my garlic
necklace and silver cross and Clownfaced-pinfilled doll are
protecting me....so far.

Dalton

BluSavana 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-13-01, 11:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BluSavana Click to send private message to BluSavana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
I think it's a fun idea, but not for me though =) I am the conjugal visit for Kokoro and Idiotcowboy, so that's enough for me. BluSavana

God bless the Army!

Stop eye-balling me Recruit Lemon!

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-01, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
LAST EDITED ON 05-14-01 AT 01:50 AM (EST)

Ben, my feelings won't get hurt, do your worst, bud!

Honestly, if you want to keep the creative juices flowing, that's great, and I hope you can come up with some interesting innovative stuff.

So, where's the contest going to be held: downtown Detroit, Barsoom, Tahiti, the seven levels of Hell? I want some advance info where to expect to be!

Still, I do have one big conern: the chat idea!
I mean, yeah, it sounds great, but
A) some of us don't have audio/yakyak capabilty, and
B) even if you do a real-time type-chat room somehow, how can you work it out so that you and the nine necessary folk can be online there simultaneously?

I'm willing to play along, though, but I may have to give you my proxy on the chat thing, that's just a logistical nightmare begging to get bogged down.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-14-01, 07:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
>Ben, my feelings won't get hurt,
>do your worst, bud!

Neither will mine shakes... do what you will to me!!! Have me fall in the fire, vote me off first, don't even cast me, call me by the wrong name... nothing can hurt me!

>Still, I do have one big
>conern: the chat idea!

Dabo... look to your left...
<------ Over there
See that menu bar?
See the little link that says "Live Chat"
It's where a lot of us hang out (when we have time)... and it's the home of the infamous "BadAs Bar and Grill" In one of those rooms is where the live reveal will be held... although I'm sure shakes will accept proxy votes from anyone that can't make it.

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-15-01, 01:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
>Dabo... look to your left...
><------ Over there
>See the little link that says
>"Live Chat"

D'OH!!!

Thanks, sleeeve, I feel so much better now. Actually, I haven't bothered clicking "Live Chat" because I actually don't have audio on this computer, go figger. Is there a type-type chat room over there?

Anyway, I've been needling Ben a bit just to make sure he's thought this through; I'm sure he has, actually, but why pass up the chance to needle the guy.

sleeeve 3456 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-01, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sleeeve Click to send private message to sleeeve Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
<<Thanks, sleeeve, I feel so much better now. Actually, I haven't bothered clicking "Live Chat" because I actually don't have audio on this computer, go figger. Is there a type-type chat room over there?>>

It is a text-only Java-script chat room (kinda like AOL Instant Messenger or ICQ, but entirely public, and with lots of people)... no audio required (or supported).

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-14-01, 05:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
If nothing else, it has been hysterical to read the various applications. I know I cracked myself up while writing my own (i.e., 82 yrs old w/12 kids). Hehehehehe!

Cherberrie

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-01, 06:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Shakes, I have a concern...."
>If nothing else, it has been hysterical to read the various applications. I know I cracked myself up while writing my own (i.e., 82 yrs old w/12 kids). Hehehehehe!

*** Exactly! First of all, I did the same thing - just submitted a total joke application, and had a blast writing it! I've really had fun reading everyone else's applications, funny or straightforward. And I dunno, IE - one thing is, I don't think Shakes would put someone in who didn't submit an application, joking or serious. I also just think that anyone who's gonna get upset over something like this (something we're clearly having fun with while we wait for S3 to gear up), is probably the kind of person who's gonna get upset over every little thing on the boards, ya know? Don't worry, hon, I think it'll be fun! If ya don't feel like submitting an application, you're gonna have a great time reading all this stuff!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-14-01, 01:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "I did not apply, buuuuuut. . ."
Actually, I had the feeling that these would be more along the lines of the caricatures drawn in the imaginary BA's B&G chat transcripts and all the other creative-writing exercises people have pulled off here--it's been hilarious to see how accurately people are captured, and I don't recall seeing anything that would offend. Besides, we all know what Shakes is likely to manufacture, and to take it with a grain of salt, right? I thought it might be a lot more interesting to have a Survivor cast we actually cared about.

And it might be kinda cool to be whisked in and out by helicopter for a night of who-knows-what-depravity.

GT (who may change her tune, after considering all the implications)

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •