The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

George Tirebiter 2982 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

05-09-01, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Mkay kiddies. . . I hate to start a stoopid thread, but there are apparently a few nimrods here who just don't "get it," so I am outlining a few things that have been irritating the hell out of me lately; feel free to flesh this out with your own pet peeves:

DON'T come here to troll for victims for your own lameass projects. We don't care about your moronic surveys, your websites that don't stand an ice cube's chance in hell of making it on their own, your pathetic Survivor rip-offs, or any other sad excuse for feeding your own egos.

DON'T post the same idiotic thread on multiple boards!! You only increase the odds that people will not only respond indifferently or negatively to your cries for attention, but this will exponentially increase the chance of life-threatening flames. I have found myself wanting to kick my own arse for being naïve enough to respond to these threads, then finding they are in fact spam--and then I can't bring myself to bump them again by posting a "shut the hell up, asshole, and take your desperation somewhere far, far away!" update message (hence, this thread!).

DON'T bump your own threads, just because you like seeing your name online. There's been at least one squarenut on the Spoilers who has taken the opportunity to bump the least relevant, most pathetic threads multiple times--in quick sucsession (I'm talking within seconds of each other)! Prime example for limiting posts. . .

DON'T include lots of graphics that slow down loading time for the pages. There's no reason in hell for a thread to add up to over 600K! (And in the case of the Spoilers board, it's okay to make reference to pix already posted--WITHOUT posting the same things AGAIN!) We already went through this crap with gigantic sig pix. Nothing worse than sitting through a horrendous download, only to find it's a batch of totally useless oversized pix--unless it's finding the same damned thread on every other board here! It doesn't take an HTML genius to realize that size matters here. . . Think "geek."

If you don't like someone here, GO AWAY. It's gotten tiresome to read hate mail to Shakes, flames for sleeeeeeve (for having the audacity to spoil, if you can imagine!), or the many other useless exchanges obviously designed only to irritate as many people as possible while boosting the offender's ill-gotten DAW numbers. Is it REALLY preferable to be known as an asshole than someone with something worthwhile to contribute? . . .

SB has become a surprising source of standout wit and humor (yes, I'm kissing up to you--Surv-ist, boomerang, idjutcowpoke, and the long-term regulars), even in this first week of the off-season--but there are also many who seem to think that "off-season" means they're free to post whatever banality they dream up. . . Even "Off-Topic" has its limits! I would much rather be frustrated because my favorites are failing to keep up here over the summer than to be driven away in disgust because what little content IS here is dreck! During the last hiatus, many people got so frustrated with the wait for SII that they found entertainment in attacking each other during the last couple weeks--the way this break is starting out, the bloodletting will last for about 3 1/2 months! (Sorry, Vamps--bloodletting has its place, but I'm referring to misdirected nattering here. . .)

Am I the only one with this bug up my arse? Is it not possible to delete and/or warn off offenders? I'm afraid if I wander around the boards again, I'll find a raft of other irritations, but perhaps it'll be cathartic to the rest of you to add your own gripes.

So? . . .

GT

No, I'm NOT pre-menstrual. . . I'm just written that way!

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... VampKira 05-09-01 1
 RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... desert_rhino 05-09-01 2
 RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... Drive My Car 05-09-01 3
 RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... LIZZLOVER 05-09-01 4
   RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... dabo 05-09-01 5
       RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... ItzLisa 05-09-01 9
           RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... LIZZLOVER 05-09-01 10
               Phlegm dabo 05-10-01 23
                   RE: Phlegm ItzLisa 05-10-01 26
                       RE: It's new sig Leif Eriksen 05-10-01 27
   RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... George Tirebiter 05-09-01 6
       RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... LIZZLOVER 05-09-01 7
           RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... Drive My Car 05-09-01 8
           RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... Cherberrie 05-09-01 11
               RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... VampKira 05-09-01 13
                   RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... LIZZLOVER 05-09-01 14
           RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... George Tirebiter 05-09-01 16
               RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... LIZZLOVER 05-09-01 20
                   RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... George Tirebiter 05-10-01 25
       RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... moonbaby 05-09-01 17
       RE: DALTON has an excuse and alibi ... Dalton 05-10-01 24
 RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... Cherberrie 05-09-01 12
   RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... VampKira 05-09-01 15
       RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... desert_rhino 05-09-01 18
       RE: A brief lesson in board etiquet... LIZZLOVER 05-09-01 19
       I was just thinking about that pic.... IceCat 05-09-01 21
           RE: I was just thinking about that ... desert_rhino 05-10-01 22
               I'll try to watch myself Art Vandelay 05-10-01 28
                   RE: I'll try to watch myself VampKira 05-10-01 29
                       Nickname LIZZLOVER 05-10-01 44
                           RE: Nickname ItzLisa 05-11-01 55
                   RE: I'll try to watch myself Leif Eriksen 05-10-01 30
                       RE: I'll try to watch myself VampKira 05-10-01 31
                           RE: I'll try to watch myself Leif Eriksen 05-10-01 32
                       RE: I'll try to watch myself Ronnet 05-10-01 33
                           RE: I'll try to watch myself Leif Eriksen 05-10-01 34
                               RE: I'll try to watch myself Ronnet 05-10-01 35
                                   RE: I'll try to watch myself VampKira 05-10-01 36
                                   RE: I'll try to watch myself Leif Eriksen 05-10-01 37
                                   LA Sports AyatollahKhomeini 05-10-01 38
                                       More on etiquette! Monkeyboy 05-10-01 39
                                           No Soup For You!!! Drive My Car 05-10-01 40
                                               RE: No Soup For You!!! VampKira 05-10-01 41
                                           RE: More on etiquette; MonkeyMan of... Dalton 05-11-01 47
                                       RE: LA Sports LIZZLOVER 05-10-01 46
                                           GO BLUES true 05-11-01 52
                                           RE: LA Sports Survivorerist 05-11-01 57
                                               Go Avs! AyatollahKhomeini 05-11-01 62
                                                   RE: Go BLUES true 05-12-01 63
                       RE: I'll try to watch myself BluSavana 05-10-01 42
                           RE: I'll try to watch myself VampKira 05-10-01 43
                               RE: I'd call him... desert_rhino 05-10-01 45
                                   RE: I'd call him... Monkeyboy 05-11-01 48
                                       RE: I'd call him... desert_rhino 05-11-01 49
                                           RE: Batsy, Attention Batsy Leif Eriksen 05-11-01 50
                                               RE: Batsy, Attention Batsy VampKira 05-11-01 51
                                                   I have created a monster! George Tirebiter 05-11-01 53
                                                       RE: I have created a monster! LIZZLOVER 05-11-01 54
                                                           Oh Look! A butterfly... IceCat 05-11-01 56
                                                               RE: Oh Look! A butterfly... George Tirebiter 05-11-01 58
                                                                   RE: Oh Look! A butterfly... George Tirebiter 05-11-01 59
                                                                       RE: Oh Look! A butterfly... LIZZLOVER 05-11-01 60
                                                                           RE: Oh Look! A butterfly... desert_rhino 05-11-01 61

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

VampKira 4433 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-09-01, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Perfect, GT! You said it all! it ticks me off to see all the trolling as well..I don't think I have anything to add, except..well... Nuttin' I guess...

>>No, I'm NOT pre-menstrual. . . I'm just written that way!<<

Buwwaahh! Loves ya!

w.l.s.f.c.

Du ar min hjälte, Supermänniska

desert_rhino 10087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-01, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Is it REALLY preferable to be known as an asshole than someone with something worthwhile to contribute?

I'm afraid to ask which of these *I* fall under. {grin}

-- JV

Look out for the Camo-Rhino!

Drive My Car 20045 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-01, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Gotta agree on most of your points George, except for the BUG up you arse thing. Yikes!! No thanks.

EBug - who feels in need of a shower

LIZZLOVER 235 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

05-09-01, 04:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
I agree with most points, I think. What prompted you to share your vision of board ettiquitte with the rest of us? I haven't seen much of any of what you described around here recently.

Was it because you are going to try and curb the flaming, attacking problems before they start? I haven't seen much, if any, of that so far. I recently started a thread that was graphic intensive. It was part of the joke, so pics had to be included. I'm sorry if I slowed your computer down, but mine works just fine. I'll try not to do that again.

I apologize if I'm the one that caused you to have to write down the board rules for all of us. I'm not used to the Off Topic board, but I met some interesting people on the Spoiler board, and was hoping to do the same here.

Lizz Just Was

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-01, 04:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-01 AT 05:25 PM (EST)

The jerk who was asking for it was Phil Phlegm.

edited to add: I would direct you to his posts but I am hoping Webby will delete them.

ItzLisa 3350 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-09-01, 07:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"

>The jerk who was asking for it was Phil Phlegm.
edited to add: I would direct you to his posts but I am hoping Webby will delete them.

***dabo, unfortunately that horrible person is still over on bashers. I emailed the link to Webby to get rid of him, but it's still there, and he gets more and more horrible with every post! Hope Webby sees it soon.

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

Bubbles: "Er, um, excuse me? Mr. Monster? I was wondering if you would, er, be so kind as to stop destroying Townsville? We like our town very, very much and I would appreciate it if you would just leave. Pretty please with sugerlumps on top?"

05-09-01, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LIZZLOVER Click to send private message to LIZZLOVER Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Dabo and Itz, you are right!! Somehow this Phlegm guy has flown under my radar. I think I saw his vote a couple of times, but it wasn't offensive. After going to the Basher board, I found out exactly what you were talking about. He's one sick puppy!

At least I only posted a non-vulgar, yet graphic-intensive thread. I hope I am not considered in the same class as that freak!

I realize everyone here knows one another. I'm like the new kid in school that doesn't really know anyone. It's a "feeling out" process on my behalf (and I don't mean that in an inappropriate manner).

LJI

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-01, 01:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Phlegm"
Just checked around, Phil's posts have been deleted. Thank you, Webby!

05-10-01, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ItzLisa Click to send private message to ItzLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Phlegm"
>Just checked around, Phil's posts have been deleted. Thank you, Webby!

*** I saw that too!!! WEBBY RULES!!! I love it here!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

Bubbles: "Er, um, excuse me? Mr. Monster? I was wondering if you would, er, be so kind as to stop destroying Townsville? We like our town very, very much and I would appreciate it if you would just leave. Pretty please with sugerlumps on top?"

Leif Eriksen 1179 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-01, 03:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: It's new sig"
Any thoughts about the new sig I had given you. You didn't even thank me for it. What the heck is going on here? I feel jilted or something like that. Just because Tirekisser doesn't like it, doesn't mean you can't use it, does it? Maybe Batsy could make up a little dancing Minelli for you, what about it Batsy?

Just asking, that's all.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

05-09-01, 05:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail George%20Tirebiter Click to send private message to George%20Tirebiter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
LL--actually, finding your huge post on every board DID prompt me to expound in this negative way (you couldn't just post a link to the original thread?). . . but it was only the last straw, after finding several attempts at trolling in the last few weeks--and especially since the show's finale. We've also had a raft of people who seem to post only venom or self-serving tripe (Bump! is a worthwhile thought? I hate Shakes--just because!? . . .), as well as the universally-hated tamia/supessis/other frauds.

We at the OT are especially proud of our no-holds-barred rulez, but the fact is, there IS a limit to what's acceptable, even here. If you want to get silly, stupid, ridiculous, boring, ask advice, spout off, brag, wrassle with your best buddy/arch-enemy, kiss ass, kick ass, etc. etc. etc.--this IS the place to do it! We welcome anarchy and craziness here! Every board here has a purpose, and you will rarely find a topic worthy of posting in more than one forum--and this one is definitely for the crap that doesn't fit in anywhere else! But I think I can speak for everyone here when I say that we do have a bit of pride about the fact that we are an especially intelligent, creative group of old farts, and the pre-teen antics just don't go over well here. . . (C'mon, people--if you don't qualify as an Old Fart by the calendar, you've got to admit you might fall in that category philosophically. . .) So I invite anyone who's more interested in promoting their lameass website or flinging turds from the anonymous safety of their bedroom to head over to their nearest gAy-Oh-eL chatroom and target the other losers--and leave SB alone! I find their antics tiresome and counterproductive to our Good Time. . . (Can you see me? I'm pulling down my pants to taunt you!)

I haven't wasted a lot of time on other MBs, but I feel secure in feeling that we've amassed an unusually erudite group here--who else can claim such luminaries as AK (diplomat par excellence), Shakes (that whoring clown. . .), Superman (Letterman writer without equal), sleeeeeeve (I suspect his huge brain requires a neck brace. . .), IDC (a medieval lit expert, no less!), Survivorerist (Jack-of-all-trades), IceCat (I don't believe the mullethead rumours!), CJ (just scary), BA (wall-pisser and published writer--must pay his editor a fortune to correct those typos!), Leif (our resident--if lately standoffish--asshole), and ALL the Basher Babes? (And rest assured, my list is only this long because I'm too tired to make the effort to include everyone who really deserves mention. . .) The jerks are actually a miniscule minority here--but they are a major pain in the arse.

My goal in spouting off this way was not to target anyone specifically, but as an attempt to nip the crapola in the bud. And as fair warning for the frenzy I will surely launch into, the next time someone dares to ask for victims for their next half-assed project, faking their way to a B- in sociology class. . .

(And if Dalton--who only a week ago was bemoaning the prospect of losing track of all her buddies here--would bother to drop in once in a while, I'm sure she would join me in opening up this particular can of whup-ass! Where ARE you, sistah?!)

GT

05-09-01, 06:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
GT, once again, I meant no harm, and understand where you are coming from. I guess I am a "nimrod". However, I DID NOT post the full message on all the boards. I did put a link to the original post. Go back and take another look, and you will see that I'm right. I even deleted the link off the Fanatics board to please you.

I was just having (what I thought)was a little harmless fun. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

LJI

05-09-01, 06:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Drive%20My%20Car Click to send private message to Drive%20My%20Car Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
You were Ok L.L
I think she just want to nip things in the bud.

You did fine, especially since you know not everyone comes to the off topic.

EBug

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

05-09-01, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
I think I might of even posted something to your thread in the basher board (cause it didn't belong there). No biggie...just don't let it happen again! *wink*

Cherberrie

05-09-01, 09:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VampKira Click to send private message to VampKira Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Poor LL.... *smile* I TOO once posted to him on Spoilers that his post didn't belong there. *giggle*

LL, hon... Consider yourself offically welcomed to OT!

w.l.s.f.c.

05-09-01, 09:42 PM (EST)
14. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Thanks, Vamp! You are too cool! I've learned another valuable lesson today. I think it's starting to sink in now. I have tried to change my ways from those earlier days, and have even come to admire Shakes (not as much as you, but I'm trying! ) I'm a lizzLOVER, not a FIGHTER.

By the way, IMHO I think you need to flash us that black and white Vamp photo from time to time. I haven't seen it for awhile!

LJI

05-09-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
16. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Poor boy. . . it was unfortunate you had to follow up a string of bad eggs--but you have redeemed yourself in that you were cognizant of the fact that you may have done something amiss, refrained from taking a defensive/offensive posture, and were willing to stay around 'til everyone seems on the same page. I hereby officially un-dub you a "nimrod."

And for my part, when I saw your thread on another forum, I thought to see what the other responses were but the page wouldn't load, so I gave up; I assumed you'd re-posted the entire thing, and we all know what happens when we do that. . . (Let it not be forgotten that he did call me ass!--from one of my favorite movies. . . pardon me. . .)

You have survived your baptism of fire, LL, and if we can ever move onto sillier topics, you will finally see what fun the OT can be! (And just like those lame-o fraternity hazings, you can join in the fray and perpetuate the insanity, next time someone more deserving of our ire dares to tread upon our beloved hangout!)

GT

05-09-01, 10:49 PM (EST)
20. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Thanks, GT! I felt I was rode hard and put away wet earlier in the day, but I am feeling better as the day has progressed (props to Vamp with her kind words and the PIC *wink*). Yes, I know the rules now, and will do my best to adhere to them.

I knew when you posted this it was aimed at me, but I refrained from going postal! As it turns out, that was for the best. For one thing, I don't know how to post on multiple boards (without attaching a link) and there was NO WAY I was going to type that thing out and attach all those pic links over and over again!!

I look forward to hanging out here while we wait for S3, and I promise that if I post a graphic-intensive thread, I will give you fair warning ahead of time!

By the way, you don't live in the Keys do you? I'm headed there for 3 weeks on May 26th. Perhaps I could buy you a Rumrunner to make up for my faux pass!

LJI

05-10-01, 09:17 AM (EST)
25. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Sorry--Gulf coast, not Keys. (And I'm afraid the people who should really make amends are not likely to. . . but thanks for the offer.)

Dalton--welcome home! We missed you! (And why do I get the feeling you're the life of the party, no matter how strange it gets?)

And now that we've all vented thoroughly, could someone post a more entertaining thread? I grow weary of my tirade, and I think I'm pretty much preaching to the choir here.

GT

moonbaby 17120 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-01, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
Thanks GT! You just about covered it. I prefer to ignore out and out idiocy-anyone who's trolling, being way over the line vulgar or attacking posters is just looking for attention-of any kind. It is difficult to let it go when it is especially offensive, but I wonder if it would make the random moron who crawls out from under a rock now and then go away faster if no one bothered to reply. Thank you again for your Emily post

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-01, 02:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: DALTON has an excuse and alibi and back-up witness...."
Hi GT...and others...sigh, I read this whole thread which
was at the top of OT when I finally returned...sooooo glad
I missed the boring, crazy bad stuff. Afraid to even "peek"
at the Basher Board now....lol.

EXCUSE: I had to leave town at dawn Sat. May 5 to attend
a wedding in Sedona, AZ. The "plan" was to be back home in
3 days...by late Mon. May 7. (The "plan" included 23 friends/relatives and a good time, yada, yada.)

ALIBI: The private plane trip w/major thunderstorms was
to BARF for but tornados are really pretty when viewed
from the air; the wedding was something from a BAD Robert
Altman movie but the "accomodations" were generous and
those New Age/Crystal-Worshipers/Dot.com/Desert Lizard-Loving
people REALLY know how to throw a humdinger of a reception!!
Monday...the day we were to fly home...is a blurrrr of good
Native American plants, a massage, jucuzzi time and silly
old stories; oh and we cancelled the plane. Wed. May 9 --
It was FIVE DAYS, instead of three, and "real life" hit so
we flew home.

Back-Up Witness: Our unofficial greeter who *I* know everyone
trusts....was given the beforehand odeous duty of knowing my
"whereabouts"....to be used at her descretion; but only if
some idjut posted my "death notice/vile rumor crapola".

Obviously, Dalton wasn't "needed" in this thread.
I CAN ADD...
I have limited patientence with "crapola". I may post some
replies that are stupid or silly or very teasing. I admit
I DO FLAME people; because they need it to go away asap OR
because they really piss me off on something. I hardly EVER
start a thread myself. HINT: If the "Subject" line of a
thread does not "grab my interest or attention" I never click
it....so maybe alot of junk happens here that I know nothing
about which is; guess what??? Hunky Dory w/ME!!

Ok, it's Thur. May 10...1:45am. I'm home...I'm really tired...
my dog's are mad at me...may see you'll later if I ever get
caught up sleepwise.

Dalto" "
(see: too pooped to type " ")

Cherberrie 1285 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-01, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherberrie Click to send private message to Cherberrie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"

Am I the only one with this bug up my arse?

Nope! Thanks for the reminder!

Cherberrie

05-09-01, 09:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
>>>>By the way, IMHO I think you need to flash us that black and white Vamp photo from time to time. I haven't seen it for awhile!<<<<<

Ask, and ye shall recieve...

w.l.s.f.c.

05-09-01, 10:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail desert_rhino Click to send private message to desert_rhino Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
{mrrraaaaaooooooo....}

-- JV

"Poking a rhino with a stick. Er, well... something along those lines, anyhow..."

05-09-01, 10:27 PM (EST)
19. "RE: A brief lesson in board etiquette"
YEAH!!! That's what I'm talking about!! *wink* *giggle*

Thanks again, Vamp..that's what I needed

LJI

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-01, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "I was just thinking about that pic..."
Damn... definitely worth losing a soul over

I'll say it again...

DAMN!

05-10-01, 00:59 AM (EST)
22. "RE: I was just thinking about that pic..."
Eh, you can't take a soul out and look at it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over it if I were you. You'll never even know it's gone.

{grin}

-- JV

Icarus steps out to collect a few more before bedtime.

Art Vandelay 58 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-10-01, 05:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Art%20Vandelay Click to send private message to Art%20Vandelay Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "I'll try to watch myself"
As a new guy here, I've already gotten attacked a few times.
I don't think I've broken any of your etiquette rules yet
and I'll try not to.
This place is more serious than a lot of boards.
I guess I should watch what I say or else I'll get
more flames directed at me.

05-10-01, 06:00 PM (EST)
29. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
I think you're doing just fine Art.. hmm.. Gonna have to think of a nick name for you...

w.l.s.f.c.

05-10-01, 08:02 PM (EST)
44. "Nickname"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-01 AT 08:16 PM (EST)

Vamp, did you think of "ass" when you wrote NICK name?

Here's my submission for ARt VANdelay

ARVAN the Aardvark (does anyone besides me remember him?!)

LJI

I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me!

p.s. : If you get a chance guys, stop by the Fanatics board and take a gander at the "Amber Mooning Varner" video I posted earlier today. There how's that for board etiqutte? I didn't post on multiple boards. See, I'm learning GT.

05-11-01, 02:23 PM (EST)
55. "RE: Nickname"

>Here's my submission for ARt VANdelay
*** Noooo, don't play around with his screenname - it's perfect! I love it - I'm a HUGE Seinfeld fan!

W.L.S.F.C. - NY chapter

05-10-01, 06:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Leif%20Eriksen Click to send private message to Leif%20Eriksen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
Mr. Wannabee Kramer, (yeah, that's your nickname, Art) you attacked me on your fourth post, remember. What was that all about anyway? By golly, that was pretty brave of you.

Just asking, that's all.

Some nicknames I did think of before Mr. Wannabee Kramer
-Go to Art's Van for a Lay
-Artsy Fartsy Lay
-Hire George Costanza, please
-Delay the Art Van

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

05-10-01, 06:12 PM (EST)
31. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
LAST EDITED ON 05-10-01 AT 06:15 PM (EST)

OMG <click> Leifsy.. You are cracking me up! We sure have missed you 'round here! *big bat hug*
I like all of your nicknames.. But I feel that he will always be Mr.Wannabe Kramer to you..

Edit: typos and.. Leif.. get my mail?

w.l.s.f.c.

05-10-01, 06:29 PM (EST)
32. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
Go get yours.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-10-01, 06:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
>Some nicknames

Art VanGo

*** Go Lakers & L. A. Kings ***

05-10-01, 06:32 PM (EST)
34. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
Good one Bonnet, Bellingham????????? Windmills???????

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

Ronnet 1734 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

05-10-01, 06:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ronnet Click to send private message to Ronnet Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
Got my ticket and I'm packing my bags...

*** Go Lakers & L. A. Kings ***

05-10-01, 06:43 PM (EST)
36. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
>>Go get yours.<<
Yeah?? Well back at you again, Viking... Awful bossy ain't ya????!

w.l.s.f.c.

05-10-01, 07:00 PM (EST)
37. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
>Got my ticket and I'm packing
>my bags...

If you want me to pick you up I will need the date of arrival, flight number and a picture so I can find who I am picking up. And don't forget your putter.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-10-01, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "LA Sports"
>*** Go Lakers & L. A. Kings ***

The Kings went last night, courtesy of the Colorado Avalanche (the adopted team of all Boston hockey fans due to the presence of Ray Bourque).

However, the Lakers look like a pretty good choice to go all the way again, unless Tim Duncan has some anti-Shaq-Fu moves saved up. Chris Webber doesn't appear to have any!

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-01, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "More on etiquette!"
I final bit from the Official "Cyber book of etiquette!":

Section 24, ARTICLE 17, Paragraph7:
"All newbies must present the monkey with a banana, rub his tummy, and prepare him a gin martini...shaken not stirred!"

Just quoting...that's all!

05-10-01, 07:46 PM (EST)
40. "No Soup For You!!!"
Hey,
Who Ya Teasin'?

EBug

05-10-01, 07:53 PM (EST)
41. "RE: No Soup For You!!!"
OMG <click> APEFACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

w.l.s.f.c.

Dalton 1271 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-01, 01:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dalton Click to send private message to Dalton Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
47. "RE: More on etiquette; MonkeyMan often gets Zoo "
Regulations confused with internet information/terms
because, truth is...the keepers have let him play
with computers waaay tooo long now. He goes ApeSh!t
without his puter...so...Blows is lucky to have a
resident "missing link". LOL.

>I final bit from the Official
>"Cyber book of etiquette!":
>
>Section 24, ARTICLE 17, Paragraph7:
>"All newbies must present the monkey
>with a banana, rub his
>tummy, and prepare him a
>gin martini...shaken not stirred!

YEAH Monkeyboy, ya poop-slinging trouble maker; Right, sure thing!

But....didn't your banana already get "bent" once this season?

After you let that dreaded "T" person rub your tummy; didn't
all the Basher Babes refuse to even pat your head until you were
vacinated again??? ICKY.

Are you still claiming the IRS is after you?? Oh, and do you
have any monkeybutlers left??

Dalton
PS. Why don't ya tell the Viking his new sig pic isn't as
"manly" as his old one...that should start a skirmish. AND
that now the whole frigging board is using Leif's lame "just asking" type lines.....inc. me&you...how annoying is that?? LOL

05-10-01, 10:01 PM (EST)
46. "RE: LA Sports"
Sorry to disagree with your Avalanche choice, Ayak. Here in ST. LOU we bleed BLUE, so I have to go with the BLUES in this series, for obvious reasons.

I have to admit that without Forsberg in the CO lineup makes me salivate just a little! But, to give props to Boston (besides Lizz), we were pretty upset here that we didn't try to land Bourque when we had the chance!! He's a class act..no if's, and's or but's about it!

By the way, what's up with those Twins??!! Who would have thought they'd be ahead of the Tribe at this point (at least at last glance)?

LJI

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-01, 11:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
52. "GO BLUES"
I too bleed BLUE

GO BLUES!

Survivorerist 4103 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-01, 06:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Survivorerist Click to send private message to Survivorerist Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
57. "RE: LA Sports"
Here is the way I pick the team I'm gonna root for...

1) The Ottawa Senators

2) Any Canadian Team

3) Team with the cutest logo OR The Team with my favourite player

As you can see, my number one pick is gone (damn Toronto), so onto number 2.

You would normally expect Toronto to be here, but they beat Ottawa. So, therefore, I hate them. That brings us to number 3...

The first part (i.e. cutest logo) eliminates any team with a logo that is a letter.

This leaves St. Louis and Pittsburgh. You must understand that this caused a little bit of contemplation, that is the great LeMieux vs. Pronger debate. In the end...

I chose Pittsburgh because Mario is so much cooler. Also, I have both him and Martin Straka in a hockey pool so that finalized my decision.

Jagr and Kovalev rock too!

================

Survivorerist

AyatollahKhomeini 2008 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

05-11-01, 09:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyatollahKhomeini Click to send private message to AyatollahKhomeini Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
62. "Go Avs!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-01 AT 09:26 PM (EST)

Who's going to win the West? The St. Louis Blues? No way. Avs and Devils in the finals (sorry, Mario and Jagomir)!

'Course I also picked Colby to win it all...

LL, I have to admit ... I have both Eric Milton and Brad Radke in fantasy baseball, so I like the Twins' fast start. But the Tribe caugh up with the 10-game win streak, and by next week Minnesota will be looking up at Cleveland again.

true 9689 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-01, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail true Click to send private message to true Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
63. "RE: Go BLUES"
NO, NO, NO...

No disrespect intended but... The Finals need some new BLUE blood.

GO BLUES

BluSavana 694 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

05-10-01, 07:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BluSavana Click to send private message to BluSavana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
Why don't u just call him George CantStandYa...BluSavana

God bless the Army!

Stop eye-balling me Recruit Lemon!

05-10-01, 07:59 PM (EST)
43. "RE: I'll try to watch myself"
>>Why don't u just call him George CantStandYa...<,

Blu.....Please don't....

w.l.s.f.c.

05-10-01, 08:34 PM (EST)
45. "RE: I'd call him..."
Wart.

-- JV

OMG! {click} It's so SOFT and CUDDLY!!

Monkeyboy 1224 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-01, 01:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Monkeyboy Click to send private message to Monkeyboy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
48. "RE: I'd call him..."
..Rhinoboy!

Hey now JV...what was that?
I thought we were friends?
What happened?

05-11-01, 09:45 AM (EST)
49. "RE: I'd call him..."
I was talking about wART VanDelay...

-- JV

05-11-01, 10:48 AM (EST)
50. "RE: Batsy, Attention Batsy"
I have been humiliated by a Doll, so if you don't mind, could you find me a new and updated sig. Moving parts would be appreciated. Please.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

"lovable asshole-type"
Leif Eriksen

05-11-01, 10:53 AM (EST)
51. "RE: Batsy, Attention Batsy"
I'm on it, Leifsy.....
w.l.s.f.c.

05-11-01, 01:56 PM (EST)
53. "I have created a monster!"
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-01 AT 02:00 PM (EST)

You people KNOW I hate having to load long threads! (I HAVE found that OSX does load everything super-fast, but so far I have to stay in 9.1 so my peripherals work. . . ) Sheesh. And now I have to comment on all the crap that's been thrown around since I was last here:

LL--First of all, this is a graphic depiction of what happens in OT--NOTHING stays on-topic! What a sorry lack of attention spans we all possess. Second of all, where in the hell did the "bleeding blue" thing come from?! That was further out in left field than I usually go (did you have two replies going at once?).*** And the only blue I know is Cubbies blue--and even Shakes can't make sh¡t of that, at this point in the season!

Monkeyboy!--Where the hell have you been hiding?! Have you been licking your wounds all this time?

Itz--You will never be Liza Minelli, so don't fall for Leif's oddball fantasy. The fizzy cereal girls are YOU.

Vamps--I hope you're charging big money for saving these lazy people an extra 15 minutes searching for their own GIFs!

Everyone--It is especially hard to come up with a nickname for a pseudonym, isn't it? I tend to think shorter is better (is that not the main point of a nickname?), but that makes plain old "Fart" the obvious choice--probably too mundane for this lot (I happen to have an Uncle Art, and I can't see the poor guy without hearing the "beans" rhyme in my head). Fart--er. . . Art, if you want to avoid being saddled with something ridiculous, you will add a sig that may prevent that (but if you fail, rest assured that being given a nickname here is a sign of acceptance and endearment). And so far I haven't seen any indication that you are destined for flamedom, so relax!

Now. . . will somebody please start a NEW thread?!!!

GT

***Edited to add: DIRP! I missed AK's post about sports (should I have asked HIM where that came from?)

05-11-01, 02:19 PM (EST)
54. "RE: I have created a monster!"
The sports comments were in response to AK's post about the L.A. teams.

Bleeding Blue is what we do here for our beloved Blues hockey team.

I see what you mean about our pitiful attention spans though!

LJI

IceCat 17415 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-01, 05:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
56. "Oh Look! A butterfly..."
Hee hee...

05-11-01, 06:09 PM (EST)
58. "RE: Oh Look! A butterfly..."
LOL
Yes, this IS much better!

Awwwww. . . isn't it pretty?

GT

05-11-01, 06:11 PM (EST)
59. "RE: Oh Look! A butterfly..."
OH,CRAP! You got me to bump this damned thread again!! I couldn't resist the butterfly!

Wily cat. . .

GT

05-11-01, 07:04 PM (EST)
60. "RE: Oh Look! A butterfly..."
Well, GT, I'm afraid this post isn't going to go away anytime soon. Looks like this thread will be the common meeting place for us this summer!

On the positive side though, at least we will be reminded of the etiquette rules everytime we come here. I may need a refresher course from time to time, as the alcohol-induced demons take over my brain.

Damn this addictive personality disorder!!!

LJI

I don't like the drugs, but the drugs like me!

05-11-01, 08:09 PM (EST)
61. "RE: Oh Look! A butterfly..."
{whacks nose on pole, distracted by the "pretty, pretty..."}

(Or maybe I just stumbled after the lemonade and Absolut.)

-- JV

Icarus steps out for a nice drinkie-poo.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •