The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Survivor Spoilers Forum (Protected)
Original message

drich61 558 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-11-02, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail drich61 Click to send private message to drich61 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
Is this the most predictable Survivor yet? Why else would CBS be giving us bogus poll results? Does anyone actually believe that Kathy is going to win this thing, even after episode one? Here are the official CBS results so far, before episode one and after the first episode.

******* | pre show | after E1
Gabe *** | 01.49 % | 1.28 %
Gina *** | 00.31 % | 0.29 %
Hunter * | 01.50 % | 1.26 %
John *** | 00.86 % | 0.73 %
Kathy ** | 29.92 % | 44.84 %
Neleh ** | 01.14 % | 0.98 %
Paschal * | 02.96 % | 2.54 %
Patricia * | 02.08 % | 1.76 %
Peter *** | 05.03 % | -----
Rob **** | 05.90 % | 5.02 %
Robert ** | 19.21 % | 16.27 %
Sarah ** | 00.31 % | 0.27 %
Sean *** | 00.59 % | 0.50 %
Tammy * | 01.05 % | 0.89 %
Vee **** | 19.14 % | 16.13 %
Zoe **** | 08.52 % | 7.25 %

These number are nowhere near anything else that I read here, or at any other survivor site. I think the real answers turned out to be very close to, if not exactly the same as the show turns out in the end. Would it be possible for us to also run this poll here, maybe we might find out what it is CBS is trying to hide from us?

If I'm way off base here, then lock or delete this thread. I just don't understand 45 % of the people thinking Kathy will win, while about 1 % or less think that Gabe, Gina, Hunter, John, and Tammy have chance to win. Those number do not compute.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? zeako 03-11-02 1
 RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? I_AM_HE 03-11-02 2
   RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? BaquaR13 03-11-02 3
       RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? I_AM_HE 03-12-02 4
           RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? ShowMeTheWinner 03-12-02 5
 RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? Icis 03-12-02 6
 RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ??? LionChow 03-12-02 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zeako 99 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-11-02, 07:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zeako Click to send private message to zeako Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
I find this quite interesting. Of the fifteen contestants who survived the first three days, only one had her rating increase. Of course that was Kathy who jumped from 30 to 45%. Her 15% gain was at the expense of the other fourteen, who all saw their numbers decrease.

During the last Amazing Race, there were some strange numbers at one point in time, but they were corrected a few days later as if it had been an error.

I think these are almost certainly inaccurate numbers, whether it is by design or by accident - who knows?

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-11-02, 09:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
I noticed this too
However, near the start of last season, Brandon's numbers in this poll were well above almost everyone else (although not this high, more around 20-25% IIRC)
so i think its just a matter of Kathy fans flooding the poll, just as a large number of Brandon fans must have (or a small number of fans entering the poll many many times)

BaquaR13 1336 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

03-11-02, 11:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BaquaR13 Click to send private message to BaquaR13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
I dont think that there are 45% of Kathy fans. I agree, it must be an error. VERY WEIRD!

I_AM_HE 6123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-12-02, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail I_AM_HE Click to send private message to I_AM_HE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
then, as i said, a small number of fans entering the poll many times

or maybe just Kathy entering the poll a million times to prove she's not unlikeable?

ShowMeTheWinner 962 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

03-12-02, 00:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ShowMeTheWinner Click to send private message to ShowMeTheWinner Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
ROTFL

There are no other explanations other than Kathy entering the site a million times and voting for herself. I don't think it's a computer error coz when I went to the CBS site the other time, the "Interesting Stats" section confirmed that Kathy was viewers' no. 1 Ultimate Survivor. Hey... maybe enough people thought that she'd be like Tina.

Icis 60 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-12-02, 11:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Icis Click to send private message to Icis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
I agree that this is way off base. Is it possible that when people voted for this - they entered the name of the person that they believed would be the next voted off? 45% for Kathy would make more sense in that context.

LionChow 2033 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

03-12-02, 02:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LionChow Click to send private message to LionChow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: CBS Ultimate Survivor Poll ???"
I think the real cause of the crazy poll results (#1 Kathy, #2 Robert, #3 Vee) is some enterprising hacker/Survivor fan that wanted to goof on the show. It would not be that difficult to write a program to dump (seemingly legitimate) votes on these three unlikely winners. CBS has no choice but to either pull the poll, or report the results that they got.

Think about it, Kathy was picked 36 times as often as Hunter??? 155 times as much as Gina??? I don't think so.

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •