The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Archived thread - Read only 
Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Forum (Protected)
Original message

SurvivaBear 2634 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Survivor-themed Cruise Spokesperson"

08-05-04, 02:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SurvivaBear Click to send private message to SurvivaBear Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Bananapalooza - Ohio"
I know it has been nearly a week, but us Ohio peeps had a fantastic time with the banana last weekend. I first met with buckeyegirl at the US Air Force Museum at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base in Fairborn, OH. Minnie and Asrai were supposed to be there, but jkokoj’s child was ill and Asrai forgot that there is currently a time difference between Ohio and Indiana (they don’t do the daylight savings time thing). Bawdy and Grendel’smom were unable to make it, but Bawdy wanted her picture included, as she was there in spirit.

We inflated the banana and I promptly dropped it on the floor. I was in shock seeing it full-size for the first time and recognizing the signatures of all the greats like Nookie, Sami, and the Texas Trio of Terror (Buggy, Lisapooh, and Misto). While it got a few laughs from those around us, no damage was done. The banana took time to gaze at the enormous statue of Icarus in the atrium with Sur_Bear’s daughter’s monkey. Then Survivabear and the banana waited outside the museum for Asrai and her family.

Asrai and her lovely family showed up and we toured the museum. First we took a picture of the Ohio trio.

BEG and SBear took a picture with the hometown hero Wright Brothers, and then the banana took a ride with some WWII Flyers. The banana accidentally crashed a WWII plane, but since the pilot lived it had to be maintenance error.

The banana wanted to get a closer look at some racy nose art and play like it was a rocket. The banana seemed to love flying...it even took a ride with SurvivaBear and his daughter on a flight simulator.

The banana was a big hit with people, but the Soviet guards were a little shocked. They gave us quite a bit of hassle at the border. The banana decided to stay on the border and catch a Bob Hope show.

The banana stopped in the gift shop and then the whole crew traveled to Young’s Jersey Dairy. Asrai’s daughter, Heather, thought the trip was a little long so she and the banana took a nap. We all ate an exquisite lunch at the Golden Jersey Inn. Our waitress, Julie, thought the banana was the bees’ knees.

The banana decided to get warmed up to play a rousing game of mini-golf. Despite the heat and humidity, we all had a great time. Even the banana got in the act, sinking this put to win the game.

BEG had to leave, but SBear, the banana, Asrai, and her family went for some famous Young’s ice cream. The ice cream girls fell in love with the banana. Everybody went to the gift shop, and the banana tried on a Young’s t-shirt. We all said a final goodbye, Asrai handed out some parting gifts (Connersville Spartans t-shirts), and we drove home with some lasting memories.

Asrai says, “Notice how fried my hair is...did I mention that it was hot, muggy, and humid? I did? OK.”

Thanks BEG and Asrai. My daughter and I had a great time! Feel free to add anything I left out.

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Coconut 08-05-04 1
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio StarryLuna 08-05-04 2
 OMH Breezy 08-05-04 3
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio zombiebaby 08-05-04 4
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Schnookie Palookie 08-05-04 5
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Glow 08-05-04 6
 Excellent! weltek 08-05-04 7
   RE: Excellent! Schnookie Palookie 08-05-04 8
       RE: Excellent! StarryLuna 08-05-04 9
           RE: Excellent! ginger 08-05-04 10
       Nookie! Shame! weltek 08-05-04 16
 OMH emydi 08-05-04 11
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio buckeyegirl 08-05-04 12
   RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Schnookie Palookie 08-05-04 15
       RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio deerhunter 08-05-04 17
           RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio LeftPinky 08-05-04 28
       RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Roo 08-06-04 32
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio volleygrl 08-05-04 13
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio L82LIFE 08-05-04 14
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio angelworth29 08-05-04 18
   RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio buckeyegirl 08-05-04 23
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio DoodleBug 08-05-04 19
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Puffy 08-05-04 20
 I lvoe BEG and SBear! Asrai 08-05-04 21
   RE: I lvoe BEG and SBear! probably clueless 08-05-04 24
       RE: I lvoe BEG and SBear! Asrai 08-05-04 26
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio cqvenus 08-05-04 22
   RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio probably clueless 08-05-04 25
       RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Puffy 08-05-04 29
   RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Schnookie Palookie 08-06-04 33
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio AugustGirl 08-05-04 27
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio CantStandToLook 08-05-04 30
   RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio RollDdice 08-06-04 31
 RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Esbea 08-06-04 34
   RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio Schnookie Palookie 08-06-04 35

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Coconut 10856 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-05-04, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Coconut Click to send private message to Coconut Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Woo hoo! Thanks for the great adventure. I can't wait to see more banana travels.

Whistleass!

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-05-04, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
LOL Great pics! I love the one of the banana catching Bob Hope's act!

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

Breezy 18380 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "OMH"
That picture of the nana and Bob Hope is hilarious!

You all look smashing! I'm so jealous!

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

zombiebaby 7356 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail zombiebaby Click to send private message to zombiebaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
This is great! I love the picture of the banana at the restaurant and also enjoying the Bob Hope concert.

Looks like a great time!

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

The fellowship of the banana has begun...

Schnookie Palookie 16822 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
OMH! That's hilarious! The banana with Bob Hope? Priceless
Love the banana trying on souvenir t-shirts and playing mini-golf.

Excellent pics you guys! It looks like you had an awesome time. Thanks so much for sharing your banana adventure with us! WOOHOO!

You all look wonderful.

Bear, I can only imagine what it must be like to see everyone's signatures on the banana. Must be very cool!

*HUGS*

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule
Next stop ... San Francisco!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Great pics! It looks like you all had a good time.

Yay! Patch is home!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Excellent!"
I'm always so excited to see where the banana goes! You all rock!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

08-05-04, 02:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Schnookie%20Palookie Click to send private message to Schnookie%20Palookie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Excellent!"
*giggles while pointing to what Weltek wrote*

StarryLuna 4771 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

08-05-04, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail StarryLuna Click to send private message to StarryLuna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Excellent!"
Bad Nookie!

Wait...is there such a thing as bad nookie?

ginger 22512 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 02:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Excellent!"
I'm starting to envy the banana. Its having a much more interesting summer than I am.

And yes, that Hope shot is hilarious!

weltek 16936 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 04:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Nookie! Shame!"
Wow, that really does sound bad, doesn't it?

Handcrafted by RollDdice

-For once I wasn't TRYING to be dirty!

emydi 13669 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail emydi Click to send private message to emydi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "OMH"
WHY didn't I go see my sister last week, dagnabbit!?!!!

It looks like you all and the banana had a great time.

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Sister lives in Dayton, DOH!!!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"

I had a great time meeting Asrai and Survivabear. Their kids were so well behaved!! The banana was a hit everywhere we took it...while we were waiting for Asrai and her family to arrive a group of Japanese tourists arrived and shot a million pictures of the banana. I wish I had been quick enough to get a shot of them taking a picture of the banana. It was hot and incredibly humid, but we all had a great time. We tried to get a picture of the banana going over the Berlin Wall, but couldn't figure out a way of doing it without getting thrown out of the museum....
I think the banana enjoyed the Bob Hope concert the most.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

08-05-04, 03:16 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
That's so funny about the Japanese tourists taking pics of the banana. It'll probably become the next fad in Japan to carry around a banana

deerhunter 3325 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-05-04, 04:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail deerhunter Click to send private message to deerhunter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
*snort*

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

A new fad. Looks like you all had fun.

LeftPinky 4150 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

08-05-04, 07:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LeftPinky Click to send private message to LeftPinky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
I just want to hear their stories...

Ah, we were going around Ohio and these people were taking their pet banana everywhere. Yep. Banana. We didn't find any like it, so they must be really expensive. Let's make some here and ship 'em over...
Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Looks like you had a great time!

Roo 705 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-06-04, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Roo Click to send private message to Roo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Quick.....market it before someone steals the idea! You'll make millions........ .

volleygrl 220 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-05-04, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volleygrl Click to send private message to volleygrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Wow, loooks like you all had a blast. The banana's having the time of it's life.

provided by JSlice

L82LIFE 5333 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 03:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail L82LIFE Click to send private message to L82LIFE Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
OMG! What great pics! You all look fabulous and the nana, what a ham!

angelworth29 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-05-04, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail angelworth29 Click to send private message to angelworth29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"

Woo Hoooo! I love pictures! We should have at least one picture thread everyday!!! Looks like you all had a ton of fun with the 'nana. Maybe one day I'll get to meet it, too. Was this the first time for you all to meet? I'm always curious if some of you guys knew each other in the other world before meeting here. Have a great day everyone!!!

buckeyegirl 5449 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail buckeyegirl Click to send private message to buckeyegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-04 AT 03:07 PM (EST)

Sbear and I had met before, but this was my first time meeting Asrai. She's one of the sweetest people you'll ever meet.

Edited because I really can't spell worth a darn.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

DoodleBug 5133 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DoodleBug Click to send private message to DoodleBug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
These are great! Oh, Banana, I can't wait until you arrive in Missouri.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
Survivor All Stars PTB Champ!

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
I was eagerly awaiting the Ohio banana pictures. They're great. That is one lucky banana. And the waitress isn't bad either.

compliments of JSlice

10 more days until the San Francisco banana meeting

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "I lvoe BEG and SBear!"
First, Bawdy is gorgeous! I wish everybody who had even thought about going, could have made it! Despite the fact that I HATE seeing my pictures here, I had the best time! BEG is the sweetest peep ever! She has the cutest giggle and I heard it often as we laughed at SBear brazenly wandering around proudly with the banana!!

SBear was like a gentle giant...he's so tall! He spoke softly and looked directly into my eyes when speaking with me. I like that, he made me feel very comfortable. His daughter was the cutest, as she would get embarassed by her dad's banana antics! My husband and kids enjoyed being in the midst of all the banana festivities as well as meeting two of my friends!

It was sooooooooo hot and I have never sweated so much in my entire life. However, I had so much fun, too. We had a great time at the museum and my family plans on going back to take a longer look. Ther ride from the museum to the Dairy was like a scene out of NASCAR...that SBear drives fast!! The kids in my van loved it when I would run the red lights to catch up with them!! It was after the last very sharp curve (and wicked laughter by me)that Heather woke up and was asked to put the 'nana in it's seatbelt:

Our food at the dairy was yummy (as was Julie our waitress!!), I kicked booty in minigolf, only to be beat by SBear's kiddo. She rocks!

I was sad to have BEG leave, but I was quickly in a happier mood when ice cream was mentioned! It was sooo yummy! After another trip to a gift shop (our 4 kids were rather good at getting moolah to spend) it was sadly time for my crew to leave. We talked about our trip all the way home and continued to laugh at the special stories that I told the kids about my interactions on the board with my two friends, BEG and SBear.

I'm so happy to be a part of the Bananapalooza! Thank you for such an awesome day that me and my kids will remember forever!! Now, no more fatty pics of me, ok? LMAO!

Handcrafted by RollDdice

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: I lvoe BEG and SBear!"
You look FABULOUS babe...so kwitcherbitchen.

A Kittyloaf®Original
*Gellus*

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Asrai 6083 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Asrai Click to send private message to Asrai Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: I lvoe BEG and SBear!"
Hey babe...you need change? Buwahahahaha!

*Smoochies for my sweetie*

Handcrafted by RollDdice

cqvenus 9765 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cqvenus Click to send private message to cqvenus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"

that.was.awesome

excuse me, pardon me... i'm going to be sentimental now. *ahem*

this banana brings out comaraderie like you cannot possibly understand. it draws ppl's attn to you in public, and when you explain, they either think you're insane, or they totally get it. it's really very interesting. and if you haven't had a chance to hang out with that banana yet, you just sit tight b/c he is one sociable fruit. who also happens to be a canucks fan.

~ cq

btw ignore me if you want. might be the after-effects of 4:20.

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
So ya think the Banana will help me pick up HOT babes on the Beach?

A Kittyloaf®Original
*I'm so eggscited*

The Order of Banana Delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Puffy 6702 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 08:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Puffy Click to send private message to Puffy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Yeah, Clueless. Those hot retirees will be attracted to the banana because they like to eat one banana a day for the potassium.

compliments of JSlice

08-06-04, 12:53 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
I.heart.cq!

I think it's great to have all this silliness with the banana. We need to see more smiling faces!

Bananapalooza Tour Schedule

AugustGirl 11534 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 05:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AugustGirl Click to send private message to AugustGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
What great pics! Like everyone else I've got the gigglepants over the nana with Bob Hope. Too funny!

Can't wait to see the next set of pictures!

CantStandToLook 6254 desperate attention whore postings

08-05-04, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CantStandToLook Click to send private message to CantStandToLook Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Awesome pics...you guys all look so wonderful and it looks like the banana had a blast.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
If he drew a rainbow, I would have thought he was a twelve-year-old girl.~Debs FLOM Summary

RollDdice 5949 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 02:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail RollDdice Click to send private message to RollDdice Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
Incredible. This is almost like the Banana version of the "Make a Wish Foundation".

Esbea 7377 desperate attention whore postings

08-06-04, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Esbea Click to send private message to Esbea Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
OMH! It looks like you guys had such a great time! Thanks so much for posting the pics. I know Ive not been posting much, but Ive loved checking in to see where the banana is.

"Light a fire for a man, and you keep him warm for the night. Light a man afire, and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.''

08-06-04, 01:45 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Bananapalooza - Ohio"
*BIG SMOOCHIES* for Esbea!

Been missing you girl!!!

Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •