The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Contes..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Conferences The Amazing Race Fanatics Forum (Protected)
Current Message

GTmike 1255 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

11-15-04, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GTmike Click to send private message to GTmike Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Contes..."

Take the Planet For A Spin

Welcome to the Amazing Race 6 and welcome to the fourth season of the Amazing Race Anti-Eliminee contest!

It is now time for everyone to give it a shot, gunning for the title of ARAE6 champ! Put on your backpacks, get your last few hours of sleep, and refresh yourself on all the rules. It has only been a few months since we last set off, but here we ago again! This season looks like it isn’t as spoiled as much as last season was so it should be pretty competitive.

The goal of this contest is to pick who will NOT be eliminated each week, scoring points for each correct team that is still around. The goal is to score as many “points” as you can each week, with the season ending Champion being the one that has never picked the team to be eliminated, and has built up the most points. If you ever pick the team that gets eliminated, then you are also eliminated.

Last year's champ was seahorse. Hopefully we will be graced with the champ's presence again this season! (although I am sure that we will)

The Rules: (for those that just played in ARAE5, any rule changes/new rules) will be in red

1) You can pick as many, or as few, teams you want each week (minimum of 1). How many you decide to name each week is a function of your daring and strategy. Please remember that you are picking the people that will NOT be eliminated.

2) For each team you list that does NOT get eliminated, you gain one point.

3) Starting with the 4th show, if you put down a team that gets eliminated, you are eliminated from the game. For episodes 1-3, if you put down a team that gets eliminated:
---For episode one, you lose 11pts
---For episode two, you lose 10pts
---For episode three, 9points

---example, if you put the first eliminated team on your safe list for the first week, 11pts. will be taken away from whatever score you gained w/your safe people. In the 2nd episode, if you pick the eliminated team again then you lose 10pts. to the score you gained w/your safe people and that score is added to your week one score.

4) Non-elimination rounds will count as free points. Hopefully AR will mix up when elimination rounds happen, if not, then its early Christmas!!

5) Fast Forward Option. You have the option of guessing which team you think will GET (Get=win the FF) the Fast Forward for that episode. If you get this correct, you win 5points, if you get it wrong, you lose 3. Just like the Fast Forward, it is optional. If you don't think that anyone will go for the FF that episode (thus no one getting the FF), then put: "No one gets FF" or something to that affect. If you DO NOT want to do the FF option, then don't put anything in your post. Post only your safe people. I will assume that any way that you state that no one gets the fast forward means that you are making a guess for the FF bonus question. I do not know what they will be doing with the FF option this time. I am assuming that they will bring it back. If the first episode proves me wrong or if someone informs me of something different, then I’ll get rid of this option.

6) There will be no yield bonus question this time. It was never used last time and I have read that it won’t be available for every episode this go around.

7) Every episode's title comes from something that a team says in that episode. If you want, guess which team says the quote and if you are right, you win 3 points. Get it wrong, you lose nothing. It is your choice if you want to do this or not. PLEASE put: Title: (team that you think says it here). This way I can discern between your FF option (if you chose to use it) and your Title option.

8) You can enter the game anytime you want up until the beginning of episode 4. Once episode 4 has started, the game is closed to new players. The sooner you enter the game, the more points you can build up (the reward), but the better the chance you will make a lousy pick (the risk).

9) Everyone starts at 0 points when they enter.

10) If you don’t make a new weekly pick, it will stay the same as the prior week.

11) All picks must be made 30min. before the start of the show.

12) Every now and then there may be a bonus question where there is a chance to gain more points.

Ep1Title: "The Game’s Afoot!"

What it boils down to is that you control how risky a game you want to play. You can pick a big number of teams each week and try to rack up a lot of points, but the more you select, the greater the chance you will be eliminated. Conversely, you can play it safe and select a small number of players, but you will fall behind in the standings. I think this flexibility adds a lot of strategy and excitement to our little game, and should keep things interesting.

Bonus: There aren't any points involved in this post but I would like feedback on new things or different things we should do this season in this game for this season. The boards were quiet during the offseason so I figure that this would be a good chance for those who are interested in seeing a twist to the game get a chance to give their input. If there are any good ideas or a large cry for a particular thing changed, I will change it starting with episode 2. Just put it with your post.

Thanks to all for playing!! It looks to be another good season!
GOOD LUCK!!!

Thanks again to LC for most of what is written above!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents
  Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Contes...   GTmike     11-15-04       
   Amazing Race 6 Contestant's List   GTmike     11-15-04     1  
     RE: Amazing Race 6 Contestant's Lis...   buckeyegirl     11-15-04     7  
     RE: Amazing Race 6 Contestant's Lis...   Starshine     11-15-04     10  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   railfan     11-15-04     2  
   Week 1 Entry   VA Slim     11-15-04     3  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   mikey     11-15-04     4  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Rothschild     11-15-04     5  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   PlumBlossom     11-15-04     6  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   popeave     11-15-04     8  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Spidey     11-15-04     9  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Asrai     11-15-04     11  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   712     11-15-04     12  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   ohmyheck     11-15-04     13  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   ARnutz     11-15-04     14  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   LeftPinky     11-15-04     15  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Gracie_TAR     11-15-04     16  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   dreamerbeliever     11-16-04     17  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Corvis     11-16-04     18  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Yogi     11-16-04     19  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Neobie     11-16-04     20  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   hookem     11-16-04     21  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Serendipity     11-16-04     22  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   GTmike     11-16-04     23  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   sittem     11-16-04     24  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Survivor Maniac     11-16-04     25  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   Jims02     11-16-04     26  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   yensid     11-16-04     27  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   gatortod     11-16-04     28  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   seahorse     11-16-04     29  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   rugoing2letmeplay     11-16-04     30  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   alwaysintruble1     11-16-04     31  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   probably clueless     11-16-04     32  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   VikingCrown     11-16-04     33  
   RE: Amazing Race 6 Anti-Eliminee Co...   MJewel     11-16-04     34  

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •