The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 26942 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-26-14, 09:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
8/26/14 According to this article http://www.nbcumv.com/chart-topping-recording-artist-ariana-grande-perform-during-%E2%80%98america%E2%80%99s-got-talent%E2%80%99-aug-27-live?network=33129 our acts this week are

Bad Boys of Ballet, dance group (wild card Mel)

Flight Crew Jump Rope, jump rope team (wild card Heidi)

Mike Super, mystifier (wild card Howie)

(Howard's wild card, comedienne Wendy Liebman, will be next week)

Aerial Animation, aerialist

Andrey Moraru, hand balancer

Dan Naturman, comedian

David and Leeman, magicians

Emily West, eye-candy singer

Mara Justine (12), singer who should switch to child actor

Miguel Dakota, hard luck singer

Paul Ieti, thank you for your service singer

Sons of Serendip, band

On Wednesday night chart-topping, double-platinum selling recording artist, Ariana Grande. Grande will perform “Break Free.” http://singersroom.com/content/2014-08-25/Ariana-Grande-To-Perform-on-Americas-Got-Talent/

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards dabo 08-27-14 1
   RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards undercovermonk 08-27-14 2
   RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards undercovermonk 08-27-14 3
       RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards dabo 08-27-14 4
   RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards bestnewssocial 06-01-21 7
 Results! dabo 08-28-14 5
   RE: Results! taffnic 09-01-14 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-27-14, 00:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
All in all it was a very entertaining night of variety, with a few surprises along the way. Somehow or other six acts are getting voted through this week, and there's a live America's vote tomorrow during the show to save an act, so is it six or seven? Anyway, this week on AGT!

01. Flight Crew Jump Rope, jumping team. Now that was a great start to the evening, they went for broke and pulled it off setting a high bar. Hey, "No Deal" Howie, the audience was booing you! Act was marred only by the damn epileptic seizure inducing light show.

02. Mara Justine (12), singer. Not perfect, still a bit raw, but this kid is learning, her best effort yet and I did enjoy it. The lighting director from hell struck again, jerk is high on something I swear.

03. Bad Boys of Ballet, dance group. I loved it, very energetic set, way to rise to the challenge. Gee, Howard is in a bad mood.

04. Paul Ieti, singer. The song whisperer. Not a million dollar act. The only reason I wasn't let down was I had such low expectations for him anyway.

05. Mike Super, mystifier. This was supposed to be Howie stickin' it to Howard again but Mike wisely switched gears, though it was still a long build-up to get to a few good magic tricks.

06. Andrey Moraru, hand balancer. His strength and body control are simply amazing, but tonight he was pushing his limits and a few unfortunate "hiccups" might have sunk his chances. Hope not, he is amazing, but it was flawed.

07. Miguel Dakota, singer. Best singer of the night, fantastic song choice, loved it. And featuring the return of the lighting director who should be carted off to the psych ward. Okay, who pooped on Howard today? Fess up!

08. Sons of Serendip, band. Perfection.

09. David and Leeman, magicians. Good stage presence, great showmen, less than spectacular magic.

10. Dan Naturman, comedian. Comedy acts should just give up on Heidi from now on, she is a lost cause. I enjoyed it, he had the live audience with him.

11. Aerial Animation, aerialist. Wow! This act just gets better and better and better, love how they are exploring the possibilities. Shut the hell up, Mel.

12. Emily West, singer. And of course the eye-candy gets the sweet spot of the night. Wait hold on.. that was actually good! Great song choice, wonderful stylization, not too heavy on the '40s doo and make-up. A good shining moment to close the evening.

And tonight my top four are:

Sons of Serendip
Aerial Animation
Bad Boys of Ballet
Andrey Moraru

With Flight Crew and Miguel Dakota just getting inched out.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

undercovermonk 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-27-14, 01:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
AGT Semifinal #1

Wow Nick wearing a fairly normal tuxedo tonight. An insane group of performers tonight. A ton of singers. Six acts going through. And the wildcards are revealed. Lets get to it.

1. Heidi's wildcard: YES YES YES Flightcrew Jump Rope. Thank you Heidi. They don't stand a chance, but thank you anyway. HOLY CRAP!!! How did these guys need a wildcard to go through. Oh I remember they don't sing. That last trick where they were jumping underneath each other and over each other I'm not sure even the chicago boys could have done that.

2. Mara Justine: Whiny singer. We saw Quintavius own the stage last week she needs to be better to make it out of this gauntlet. Ugh she can not sing. It's horrible. Luckily the real singers will bury her.

3. Mel's wildcard: YES YES YES Bad Boys of Ballet. the judges are making me so happy. Again no chance they make it through but I love that I get to see them again. Man that was entertaining. Again they are perfectly in synch. Howard you are soooo wrong. America will disagree with me but I don't care. You guys are awesome.

4. Paul Ieti: Im surprised this guy is so early in the show. Tough night. Nice song choice. Need more power. His whole performance stayed on one level almost the whole performance. He has a great voice but that was dissapointing. The judges nailed it. He's done.

5. Howie's wildcard: Mike Super umm ok. I guess. I liked his first two performances. He better step it up. Leaving Desmond behind is a great idea. Ok that was cool. I have no idea how he did make sure that the triangle was picked there were other cards in that bag. He may have just made the final 12. Umm whats up with the sparkley shoes. Good job Mike.

6. Andrey Moraru: One of my favorite acts. Like the song choice. How long can this guy stand on one hand???? Amazing. The stuff this guy can do with the human body is unbelievable. He must go on. He is in a class by himself. And he does it without a dog.

7. Miguel Dakota: One of the two over hyped young male singers. Last time he was helped out by a backing track lets see if he can sing by himself. Sorry I just don't think this kid is anything special. Better than last time but I swear if I have to hear Mel talk about how hawt he is I'm gonna lose my mind. She gets a pass from me this week but only because she saved the Bad Boys of Ballet.

8. Sons of Serendip: My absolute favorite act. I wish they were later in the night but I have faith they will knock it out of the park. goosebumps. mezmerizing. Where can I buy their albulm. I believe I may have to put all my votes on them. If they do not move on its a crime.

9. David and Leeman: They slipped up a bit last time. They need to step it up to out-do Mike Super. Haha these guys are hilarious. I've seen this trick before but this is the best set up. They are hilarious. Best comedians on the show....and they aren't even comedians. That was slick. Totally owned Mike Super. They should move on.

10. Dan Natterman: I love this guys persona but his jokes aren't exactly the strongest. I grinned once and laughed never. The magicians were much funnier. I just don't see him moving on. Once again Heidi not getting along with the comedian but Dan is no Taylor.

11. Aerial Animation: Awesome looking forward to her performance. Wow her creativity is amazing but her aerial stuff was a bit less than usual. I actually agree with Howard. The animation was better than ever the aerial was just a bit less. Still deserves to move on.

12. Emily West: Not my favorite singer. She has slowly grown on me. She sang with such passion and power tonight. Totally earned her finals spot she was almost guranteed anyway. Not much to say about her.

Power Rankings:
1. Sons of Serendip
2. David and Leeman
3. Andrey Moraru
4. Bad Boys of Ballet
5. Aerial Animation
6. Flightcrew Jump Rope
7. Emily West
8. Mike Super
9. Miguel Dakota
10. Dan Natterman
11. Paul Ieti
12. Mara Justine

How America will Vote:
1. Emily West
2. Sons of Serendip
3. Andrey Moraru
4. David and Leeman
5. Miguel Dakota

Then in the new instant save America will have to pick between Aerial Animation and Mike Super. with aerial being saved. I would love to see Bad Boys Sneak in but as long as serendip and the magicians go through I will be happy. Great night of talent. Also why didn't we see Howard's wildcard. Does "America's" judge get to put his act through on his own night or were their technical reasons. We will find out Next week I'm sure.

undercovermonk 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-27-14, 01:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
@Dabo: I am obviously right with your top 4 (excepting that I like the magicians more than you did). Could you explain why Howard and Howie do not see what we see when it comes to the Bad Boys of Ballet.

Also if I understand it right the instant save has replaced the judges choice. so 5 acts will go through than act #6 and 7 will face americas live vote. Probably NBC's response to Rising Star on ABC.

08-27-14, 10:07 AM (EST)
4. "RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
LAST EDITED ON 08-27-14 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

Thanks for the explanation.

Howard was full of himself last night and Howie is just flakey, sometimes right on and sometimes so far off the beam. Those two, and sometimes Heidi and Mel, just seem to be in competition to out do one another sometimes.

I do not know why they can't see what you and I see, that BBoB are a well-trained, hard practising, precision instrument with some very imaginative choreography. I'm not a dancer, I'm like Ringo Starr just moving with the beat that way, but I know what I like and these guys and gal are potential headliners in my opinion.

bestnewssocial 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-01-21, 03:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bestnewssocial Click to send private message to bestnewssocial Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Semi #1 / Wild Cards"
LAST EDITED ON 06-01-21 AT 03:41 AM (EST)

top seo companies
he then shot a very last-spherical 76 on the carmel, ind., path on wednesday to finish in a tie for 2nd with a 4-over 220, 4returned of winner john marshall butler.i played super,” daly ii advised the indianapolis megastar. “it'd had been cool to win, however i still have time. just a couple horrific 3-putts each days, however apart from that i played incredible.

08-28-14, 00:16 AM (EST)
5. "Results!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-28-14 AT 00:18 AM (EST)

But first I have to say this new voting format totally sucks. NBC and AGT and Snapple and Google have conspired together to make an absolute worse case scenario. Voting is open for something like 40 minutes, until 9:45 PM Eastern time, that's it. Yeah, people in the Mountain and Pacific Zones can log on and vote, but hey how many of you left-coasters are navigating the evening rush hour traffic jam during that whole time? And to make matters even more worse and totally evil, you have to have some sort of Google account in order to vote, there are no other methods! Motherf#%&*^$!!!!!!!!

Obviously, I couldn't vote, and I'm betting most people couldn't also. And they still had the damned Judges Decision as well!!!

And my acts didn't do so well either.

So, first Nick calls out

Aerial Animation, aerialist
David and Leeman, magicians
Mara Justine (12), singer

These would be the acts a demonically limited subset of America would be voting on in order to send only one on to the next round. And the clock starts ticking.

F-U NBC, AGT, Snapple and Google, curses and poxes on all your houses. Yeah, vacation homes too, and your rental properties. And the condos where you keep your mistresses.

So, up to the actual chopping block this for real we get

Flight Crew Jump Rope, jumping crew
Bad Boys of Ballet, dance group
Mike Super, mystifier

Two very worthy acts and the best magician of the week. And going on ... Mike Super! Okay, he did pull off some neat magic. That's one of my top four (BBoB) and a great jumping team heading home, though.

Next up, two of my top four

Andrey Moraru, hand balancer
Sons of Serendip, band

SOS were the top act of the week, in my opinion, and America agreed with me! Yay! But it is a shame we're saying good-bye to Andrey, he was simply astounding. And now the last of my top four is waiting in the wings for the demonically limited subset of America vote.

Nick then brought up the four remaining acts

Emily West, singer
Paul Ieti, singer
Miguel Dakota, singer
Dan Naturman, comedian

Well, this was a no-brainer, eye-candy got the sweetest spot in the show and gave a surprisingly good performance, a personal best, this week. Yep, Emily is off to the Top Twelve!

But Nick wasn't done with the guys, he still had one more mover to announce, and no big surprise it turned out to be heartthrob Miguel, say good-bye to Paul and Dan.

Bringing back out the three acts spotlighted at the top of the show, who did the subset save? Mara Justine (12), kids singer sweetheart! Oh well, she has the raw talent, more experience should be beneficial for her in the long run. Does not have a chance of winning this thing.

That left it to the judges to decide between Aerial Animation (last of my top 4 for the week) and David and Leeman. And of course in quick order because time was running out Heidi and Howie and Howard all voted for David and Leeman in order to spare us all the rambling accent of Scary Spice.

For those of you keeping up, that's
magician
band
singer
singer
singer
magicians.

May next week go better.

taffnic 5392 desperate attention whore postings

09-01-14, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Results!"
I don't get the praise for Mara Justine. I thought she was horrible and should not have went through.
I don't particularly like Emily West but thought she was really good this week.
I cannot believe that Andrey Moraru did not make it. I could watch him forever.
At this point I hope Sons of Serendip win. I would buy their music today.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •