The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #1"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

undercovermonk 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-29-14, 11:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #1"
Where's Dabo. Oh well I guess I will start this thread myself. Here is tonight's lineup:

Sean and Luke, tap dancing duo
Valo and Bobby, extreme acrobats
Julia Goodwin, teen singer
Baila Conmingo, latin dance troop
David and Leeman, magicians
The Willis Clan, family band
Flight Crew Jump Rope, acrobatic jump rope crew
Jasmine Flowers, chineese dance act
Emily West, singer
JD Anderson, Strongman
Dan Naturman, comedian
Miguel Dakota, guitarist/singer

Discuss!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #1 undercovermonk 07-29-14 1
 RE: Quarterfinal #1 dabo 07-30-14 2
 Results! dabo 07-31-14 3
   RE: Results! personofinterest 07-31-14 4
   RE: Results! taffnic 07-31-14 5
   RE: Results! Melvinj0 07-31-14 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

undercovermonk 12 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

07-29-14, 11:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail undercovermonk Click to send private message to undercovermonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #1"
AGT
Quarterfinal #1

1. Sean and Luke- Meh I kinda agree with Howard. I think he was a bit tough on them. This was by far their best performance. But with their bad slot they will be forgotten. Enjoy the ride why you can guys.

2. Valo and Bobby- I did not like these guys from their audition. I think they upped the ante. If they had gone later in the night I think they would have a better chance BUT I do not see them moving on.

3. Julia Goodwin- I really like her. Both songs she has sung has been magical. She started great. But when she hit the chorus, there was something missing. Howard equated it with nerves. He could be right but this, while nice, was not her best performance. Maybe next time choose a song that stays at that soft level. I hope she moves on.

4. Baila Conmingo- One of my least favorite acts. They are not together. Worse, they take advantage of the kids. One thing I will say is they do get better with each viewing if they make the finals I may smile once. The real problem though was the staging. You couldn't see anything with the poor camera work and over used strobe lights. The judges love that the adults move to the back to let the kids shine. That should tell you all you need to know. The adults are terrible and the kids are cute. I'm gonna pass but America may get them through, depending on the future acts.

5. David and Leeman- Loved these guys auditions. They were hilarious. Great stage presence. The judges are ruining this act. Howard was right as usual. hey are likable. Their trick is good. But they spent too much time on the set-up. If they had kept it to one judge it may have worked better. I hope they make it but I'm worried.

6. Willis Clan- Another act I don't really like. Their lead singer is great. The rest of them is meh. The istrumentation is great. And the kids were only barely used. BUT that was a horrible song choice. Power of love is not a country song. The judges were right too. (great judging tonight, especially by Howard). They were swalloed by the huge stage.

7. Flight Crew Jump Rope- I love jump rope acts and these guys impressed during judgement week. I am excited to see what they will bring. That was great. The staging was impressive. The timing was great. It was actually beautiful. They really stepped it up.

8. Jasmine Flowers- I LOVE this act. Its beautiful. My family really does not like them. The staging was incredible. It is hard to get excited about an act like this. It will be interesting to see if America gets behind them. I would love to see them move on.

9. Emily West- Probably the worst female singer in the comp left in my opinion. I just don't like her voice. Don't recognize the song either. There are moments that are enjoyable but overall I just can't get into it. I can understand why people like her but she is not for me.

10. JD Anderson- This guy is funny. I don't see him moving on but let's see what he has to offer. He's repeating the ice trick....ok?. If he had done what I thought he was gonna do I would have thrown him all my votes. The show was great but the tricks were meh. The judges love him though.

11. Dan Naturman- Don't remember this guy. reminds me of jerry seinfeld. I'm not a fan of Jerry Seinfeld. The prescription stuff FINALLY made me laugh. He is likable but just not very funny in my opinion.

12. Miguel Dakota- Again not a fan of this singer. I still can not understand when he sings. And the backup singers really carried him. Im glad Howard gave him some constructive critiscism. No way he wins the million.

Power Rankings:
1. Flight Crew Jump Rope
2. Jasmine Flowers
3. David and Leeman
4. Julia Goodwin
5. JD Anderson
6. Valo and Bobby
7. Emily West
8. Sean and Luke
9. Dan Naturman
10. Miguel Dakota
11. Willis Clan
12. Baila Conmigo

How America Will Vote:
1. Emily West
2. Miguel Dakota
3. Baila Conmigo
4. Flight Crew Jumprope

With David and Leeman and Willis Clan for the judges pick. But I am not feeling certain about any of these. None of the acts were spectactular nor did any bomb. They were all fairly competant. I just wasn't a fan of this group as a whole.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

dabo 26397 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-30-14, 10:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #1"
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-14 AT 02:44 PM (EST)

Sorry I haven't been updating. Meant to, just have a lot of stuff going on this summer. Anyway,

On with the show, this is it!

YAY, we've finally gotten around to the real show we all love! Five to move on to the next round.

Rockettes! Woo-Woo!

01. Sean & Luke, tappers. I enjoyed the set, it was good choreography, but they are still missing the mark when it comes to tap, IMO.

02. Valo & Bobby, balancing. Awful in a good way! -- ?? Shut up, Mel! This was an awesome performance.

03. Julia Goodman, singer. A couple of iffy moments, but I really (and unexpectedly) very much enjoyed that interpretation of that song, very very nice.

04. Baila Conmigo, salsa dance group. Very enjoyable, loved the energy. Way too many people on stage doing different things at times, and the kids really leave me flat.

05. David and Leeman, magicians. Nice set involving the judges, entertaining but less than impressive magic.

06. The Willis Clan, family band/singers. Not only do the Von Traps have nothing to worry about, neither does the News. No range.

07. Flight Crew Jump Rope. Some impressive stunts, but to me it seemed a bit slow and lacking in energy.

08. Jasmine Flowers, dance crew. Beautiful, mesmerizing, loved every second.

09. Emily West, singer. Strong voice, easy on the eyes, great package. But to me it seemed a bit ... I don't know, just not quite there somehow.

10. JD Anderson, strongman. Good showmanship, very entertaining.

11. Dan Naturman, comedian. Good set, had me chuckling throughout.

12. Miguel Dakota, singer. "Come Together!" Great cover, good interpretation, wish it had been the long version, I wanted mores!

For me the top five acts were:
Julia Goodwin
Jasmine Flowers
Dan Naturman
Miguel Dakota
(tie) Baila Conmigo, Flight Crew Jump Rope, JD Anderson.

dabo 26397 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 00:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Results!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-31-14 AT 01:07 PM (EST)

Okay cool, somehow the Orville Reddenbocca thingamabob is now the Reddi Whip! Pahhhhteee!!! ... thingamabob. How that relates to "poppin'".. ya got me.

But, hey, give it up for the corporate sponsors! Canned cream, how appropriate. YumYum.

Anyway, tonight we eliminated seven acts, but retained the oh so wonderful Rockettes to dress things up for the rest of the season.

YAY, Rockettes!

The first three acts Cannon called up to the chopping block were: Jasmine Flowers, Emily West, Valo & Bobby. I was rooting for Jasmine Flowers, of course, but would have been happy with Valo & Bobby. And then Nick announced the first winner this season to the next round...

Emily West. Crud.

Yeah, I get it, she is easy on the eyes and all that, very Hollywood, yadayadayada. She's not that good, but some part of America wants a stripped down to the buff Emily West 2015 calendar, yeah I get it.

Dammit, I really did love Jasmine Flowers.

Anyway, the next three acts Nick called up to the chopping block: comedian Dan Naturman, worthless family band the Willis Clan (though I really really would love to support a worthwhile family band), and incredibly worthless tappers Sean & Luke. And gong on to the next round,

Dan Naturman.

YAY!. Or at least we just got rid of two genuinely lame acts, woohoo.

The next three acts Nick called up were singer Julia Goodwin, strongman JD Anderson, and singer Miguel Dakota. I liked all three of these acts this week, preferred Julia -- but we got Miguel moving on instead.

America, please, throw me a bone on the next decision, there are only three acts left, give me the two I prefer.

Anyway, then Two and a Half Hosts came out to announce the winner of the Today Show final quarterfinalist spot this season goes to

Cornell Bhangra, a dance troupe that performs a style of Indian dance. Well, at least their costumes are.. colorful.

Anyway, three acts were left, la-mo magicians David and Leeman, off-beat out of sync salsa dancers Baila Conmigo, and low energy but entertaining Flight Crew Jump Rope. Nah, the la-mo magic dorks? America just disappointed me there.

That left it up to the judges between the salsa children and the jumpropers, and personally I would have voted for the jumpropers.

Heidi voted for the salsa kids, Mel voted for the jumpropers, Howie voted for the salsa kids, Howard voted for the salsa kids. Dammit Howard, the time you really should have left it up to America's vote instead of wasting time as a camera hog kids. Oh well

personofinterest 137 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-31-14, 02:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Results!"
The highlights (well, some kind of lights) for me were the awfulness of Nick's suit and the salsa kid standing behind him in the intro who kept playing with his "little salsa" as if he had to pee really badly!

I also really like Jasmine Flowers both times and would have loved to see them move on.

taffnic 5372 desperate attention whore postings

07-31-14, 05:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Results!"

I was disappointed that Jasmine Flowers did not move on. I really enjoyed them.
I don't get the enthusiasm for Baila Conmigo. Their dancing seems to be the same thing just to different music. Was sorry to see them move on instead of Flight Crew Jump Rope.

Melvinj0 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-31-14, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Melvinj0 Click to send private message to Melvinj0 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Results!"
Wasn't a fan of Dan at first but thought he was pretty funny on Tuesday so was glad to see him go through.

Really can't believe David and Leeman and the salsa group went through. I mean its just Salsa, there really isn't anything spectacular about it, and David and Leeman's trick took too long and they kinda pressured Howie into choosing the words they wanted so it made the trick seem extremely lame.

Flight Crew and Julia Goodwin really deserved to go through. Goodwin is a better singer than Emily West imo. Hopefully we get to see both those acts on the wild card episode. The judges dropped the ball hard, and it really just seems like the show is trying to draw in Hispanic viewers with the salsa thing, cus they build them up yet I haven't met one person yet who thinks they are that great.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •