The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-09-13, 10:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Next week looks to have a decent line-up along with the normal batch of singers.

3Penny Chorus and Orchestra (founded in 2012)

The Robotix, rock band (the drummer's nickname is "Robot")

Aerial Ice, skating stunts/aerials group

Cami Bradley, singer-songwriter

David Ferman, extreme juggler (at least if you take his word for it that there actually is anything dangerous about it)

Jimmy Rose, singer-taxidermist

Champions Forever (Spin-tacular), basketball stunts show

SensEtion, 3D dancers

Taylor Williamson, comedian

Timber Brown, self-trained acrobat

Chloe Channell, singer-cutekid

Tummy Talk, human drum Niuvaai and his three dumdums

Anyway, I'll be on the road for the next four or five days, enjoy the show!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 UndercoverMonk 08-13-13 1
   RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 Corvis 08-14-13 2
       RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 dabo 08-14-13 3
   RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 TL 08-14-13 6
 RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 susang 08-14-13 4
 RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 dabo 08-14-13 5
   RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 TL 08-14-13 7
       RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 Corvis 08-14-13 8
           RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 TL 08-14-13 10
               RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 Corvis 08-15-13 14
       RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 dabo 08-14-13 9
 RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 Scarriemonster 08-14-13 11
   RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 dabo 08-15-13 12
   RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 Corvis 08-15-13 15
 Results dabo 08-15-13 13
   RE: Results Corvis 08-15-13 16
       RE: Results TL 08-15-13 17
 RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 personofinterest 08-15-13 18
   RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 dabo 08-15-13 20
 RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13 UndercoverMonk 08-15-13 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

UndercoverMonk 16 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-13-13, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Well that was dissapointing...not bad just not nearly as epic as I expected. Lets get to it.....

1. 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra: I'm soooo sad they got such a bad draw. They were the only act that gave me chills. They made a small mistake early but recovered and owned the stage near the end. They are still one of my favorite acts of he season. But with the draw and the bashing from the judges. I think they may be done.

2. Chloe Channel: And thats what happens when you let young kids sing on a national stage. Just like Ana she was dwarfed by the stage just like Ana she made a noticeable mistake. Unfortunately for her with the better reviewed singers coming up she is probably done.

3. Champions Forever: As cool as this was (and it was very cool) I actually found myself agreeing with Howard (Who was pretty on point tonight). It was kinda boring. Something I would watch for 30 seconds and then move on. Another act that i'm happy to see get a few seconds of fame but shouldn't move on.

4. Sensation: The requisite darkout group. Better than team iLLuminate (who I never liked) but still not nearly as innovative and creative as fighting gravity (perhaps my all time favorite act). I like these types of acts and some of what they did was really cool. But Howard was right again they needed a story to follow. With a bad draw they will be fighting an uphill battle.

5. The Robotix: When will bands learn that they have to get their vocals in line to succeede. The band was great perhaps the best we've seen since recyling percussion. But the singing was worse than brandon and savahnah last week. The judges got this one right. Based on how bands have done so far this year I think these guys are done.

6. Timber Brown: Man this guy is amazing. He ups it every week. I'm not a huge aerial fan but the speed...the strength. And he changes it up which is refreshing for an acrobatic act. In vegas it was poles to a slow country ballad...in new york it was a ball of metal to an intense rock song. Thats how you make an act memorable.

7. Cami Bradley: First off this act will be moving on...That said I didn't like it. It wasn't horrible just bland. Bland is the word I would use to describe cami she is semi-finals fodder. And for God's sake speak (and sing) up. I couldn't hear her over the piano. Cool set though.

8. Tummy Talk: I'm so glad that this act made it to radio city. I liked it. Should they move on absolutely not. But we need fun fodder acts. I rather watch them than another singer with a guitar.

9. Taylor Williamson: I love this guy. I get his awkward comedy. The homeless stuff was great. Someone needs to tell Heidi that Kids in general should not go to vegas comedy shows. Seriousy what does she bring to the table. I enjoy hearing Mel booed at every show but Heidi is just unwatchable.

10. Aerial Ice: Everything I said about the unicyclists could be said about this. I like them. Don't want to watch again. Cool set though.

11. David Ferman: This guy amazes me. BUT Howard has finally convinced me that he is right. The kid is raw. SUPER talented but he needs to learn how to sell his amazing stunts. He should have dropped the balls into the barrel at the end. I don't think he will make the cut but I hope he will be back for the wildcard show.

12. Jimmy Rose: Still don't like his voice but as Howie and Howard pointed out after what happened with Marty all this guy needed to do was sit on the stage with his guitar and he would make it through. Nothing more to say. Cool set though!!!!

Power Rankings:
1. 3 Penny Orchestra
2. Timber Brown
3. Taylor Williamson
4. David Ferman
5. Sensation
6. Robotix
7. Aerial Ice
8. Champions Forever
9. Tummy Talk
10. Jimmy Rose
11. Cami Bradley
12. Chloe Channel

How America will vote:
1. Jimmy Rose
2. Cami Bradley
3. Timber brown
4. Taylor

aerial ice or chloe could sneak in there as judges choice.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Corvis 3116 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-14-13, 00:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
1. 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra: I like what they do, but they chose a terrible song. It doesn't make sense to have all of them sing it together. It was just strange. Pick We Will Rock You or something next time. Not that there will be a next time.

2. Chloe Channel: Totally inappropriate song for an 11 year old. It was uncomfortable to watch. She's supremely talented but is getting bad advice from the adults in her world. Too bad.

3. Champions Forever: Fun act, but I don't think they did enough to go through.

4. Sensation: Not interesting to watch. Howard was right - they needed a story.

5. The Robotix: The lead singer is better than this performance showed. She really needs to step it up and sing songs she really likes. The band was great. They have a chance of making it, but it's a small one.

6. Timber Brown: He has to go through. One of the best acts of the night.

7. Cami Bradley: I actually rewound and watched her song again. First time this season that I did that. She really broke through with an amazing cool rendition of that song. Loved it. She will definitely make it through.

8. Tummy Talk: Stupid. Should never have made it through.

9. Taylor Williamson: I laughed a lot. Really enjoyed him. But I don't think a comedian will ever win nor do I think one should win.

10. Aerial Ice: I was bored.

11. David Ferman: I didn't really enjoy it.

12. Jimmy Rose: Hope he doesn't go through but he probably will. Wish he had been buried in the beginning of the show.

Prediction: Cami Bradley and Timber Brown are locks to make it through. Jimmy Rose will probably get through unfortunately. Who gets the last slot? Could be Taylor Williamson. Could be Aerial Ice. But I'm going with the dark horse - Robotix.

08-14-13, 00:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-13 AT 08:31 PM (EST)

Hi, guys, and thanks for posting! I only got home a few hours ago and haven't had a chance to view the program (been on a trip starting Saturday morning). But based on your reviews I threw some votes to what may be worthy acts that need an extra boost, 3Penny and Taylor. Both acts I thought worthwhile in their previous auditions. (Would have thrown some votes to Timber as well but if you guys think he's a lock, cool, I'll give my votes to acts that need the boost.)

TL 14 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-13, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Not a terrible night but definitely a step down from last week.

3Penny Chorus and Orchestra
It seems like almost every song choice so far this round has been a bad one. This is no exception. Call Me Maybe was great but this one just didn't sound right. I think this is the end of the road for them.

Chloe Channel
I watched the entire performance last night...and this morning I do not remember a single thing about it, other than the judges saying that she ran out of breathe. I don't like kid acts. I think she is done also.

Champions Forever
I think this is nice to see once in awhile, but I would not pay to see this. I personally thought it was a little corny and kinda boring. I think they are done.

Sensation
I like the hi-tech dance groups we've seen the last few seasons but I think the quality just goes down each year. These guys are no exception. It also doesn't help that one of the suits did not work half the time. I agree with Howard that the performance made no sense. There is cool looking water, a dog, then an American flag? Maybe Wild Card round? Probably not.

The Robotix
I agree with the judges that the vocals were weak. The girl is not bad, this is just not a good song choice for her. The instrumentals were fantastic though. I think they have a shot of maybe getting into Judge's Choice since overall this week was well...weak.

Timber Brown
Best act of the night, easily. I was expecting another pole act, which I would have been fine with since this guy is fantastic, but he did something different and amazing. He should get through to the next round.

Cami Bradley
I thought she did a pretty good job and I definitely prefer her rendition of the song over Cher's. I think she is a type of singer we see all the time too though. While DellaCioppa was the big woman singing big songs, Cami is the "alternative" hipster chick that puts her odd spin on things. I think she has a good shot to make it through.

Tummy Talk
I thought they were entertaining but I also think they have run their course. Not much to say, end of the road.

Taylor Williamson
I don't think he is anywhere near the level of Tom Cotter but I think he is the best comedian this year. I have lived in San Francisco my whole life so the homeless jokes really hit home for me. I don't know what is with Heidi and her whole "taking the family" rant she goes on every week. You can see people get raped and murdered on network TV, a little potty humour won't hurt anyone.

Aerial Ice
Pretty cool act but acts like this never make it far. I don't remember this being very different from their first act but the stage was nice. They might be able to get to the Judge's Choice but I highly doubt they will get through.

David Ferman
The act itself was great but Howard is right, he needs to work on the showmanship. I have never seen anyone juggle flaming balls while upside-down but to end the act by simply putting the balls in a basket then going "Yeah!" is anticlimactic. The way he ended his molatov cocktail act was great. He should have done something similar, but I understand throwing flaming balls into a drum of gas near your head is not a good idea. Maybe he could have gotten upright on the bar he was hanging on, then release the basket into the gas? That might have been cool.

Jimmy Rose
Right after his first verse, the first thing that popped into my head was "It's Marty all over again!" He wasn't nearly as bad as Marty, but I still think he blew it. He couldn't handle the song. Hopefully he doesn't get through based on his story but he probably will. Not as big a deal as Marty getting through though. We don't need two gay opera singers, and we definitely don't need two not-that-great country singers either.

Who I Want To Go Through
Timber Brown
Taylor Williamson
I actually don't even care enough about any of the other acts to list two more.

Who I Think Will Go Through
Jimmy Rose (America got it wrong!)
Timber Brown
Taylor Williamson

Judges choice between Cami Bradley and Chloe Channel, with Cami going through.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-14-13, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Acts 1-5: meh

Taylor Williamson: wonderfully dorky

Tummy Talk: gross

Best female singer in the competition: Cami Bradley

08-14-13, 01:17 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Finally got a chance to get up to speed on the performances. Enjoyable program though not as strong as last week. One very big problem was the live audio mixing, and namely the vocalists suffered from a flat sound where they tended to get drowned by the instruments and especially the live audience noise. That's something the producers and directors need to work on for the live performances, it wasn't an issue at all in the pre-recorded material.

01. 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra. Given the issue stated above, I was very impressed with this group. It was impossible to enjoy the song for the lyrics, but taking a step back and treating the voices as instrumentation it was simply wonderful. Staging the actual instruments with glowbulbs, nice touch, it worked for TV.

02. Chloe Channell. Cute kid, I didn't enjoy this performance at all, bad song choice anyway in my opinion.

03. Champions Forever. Foregoing the neat basketball tricks, all in on the unicycles and the oh so cute little ones, I was bored.

04. SensEtion. Hold on, technical difficulties. I really didn't know until after the performance whether having one suit out for the first half of the set was an artistic choice or a technical problem, but it really made this one unenjoyable for me, and the dancing itself became impossible to appreciate or judge. They maybe deserve another chance as a Wild Card; get in the now long line for that, guys.

05. The Robotix. For a bunch of kids I thought they done good. The vocalist suffered from the problem stated above, but again treating it as instrumentation worked for me and they brought some much needed energy to the show. Good job, won't be disappointed if they make it through to the next round.

06. Timber Brown. Wow! Wowzers! Totally awesome performance, and I love that he chose a different apparatus this time -- I don't even know what to call it -- America really didn't need another demonstration of the pole, that was just so smart! Yeah, he's a lock, he has to be.

07. Cami Bradley. By slowing down the singing and reducing the clutter noise to mainly piano, she actually broke through the problem stated above, loved the song and her interpretation of it. And what a incredible and awesome singing talent she has, an almost wow that I might have given some votes had I seen it in time.

08. Tummy Talk. X by Howie. Oh, come on, Howie, they stepped it up as best they could with their silly gimmick that shouldn't have survived Vegas week to begin with. It was a good solid E for Effort, it was amusing, but that's pretty much all it was. Next!

09. Taylor Williamson. Very pleased with my votes for this guy, the awkward geekie comedy worked for me, well for the most part. The check-off list at mid-point was kind of flat, but it set up for a solid finish. As for you, Heidi, lemme esplain ... "prophylaxis" is the proper scientific term, how or whether you edimucate your young'ns is up to you.

10. Aerial Ice. Confusing set, poor camerawork for TV, but tons of neatness in what they did. In the end it seemed more display, athleticism over entertainment, but with more work it still could develop into a worthwhile act. Won't mind if they move on, won't cry any if they don't.

11. David Ferman. Oooo, burning balls! Upside down burning balls at that! Howard was right, though, the set up took too long and the actual performance was pretty short. And for all his stunts we still have only his word that he's ever been in any actual danger. Impressive a juggler as he is, he needs to work on his showmanship. And maybe perfect an upside down unicycle stunt.

12. Jimmy Rose. Oh, joy, another good ol' country boy from Kentucky. Like Cami, he slowed it down and it was possible to enjoy the song as a song, and I did like that he made it more of a laid back folk music performance this time than just more country music. No mess, no over the top emotional wreck MartyBrown-ness, thank you, Jimmy. That said, unlike Cami, he's not a great singer, just a typical guy who can manage to hold a tune. Won't be surprised if he makes it through but it just wasn't vote-worthy in my opinion.

So, the four acts I would like to see move on..

3Penny
Timber Brown
Cami Bradley
Taylor Williamson

with Robotix in the fifth place runner-up spot.

Aerial Ice
David Ferman
SensEtion

Thanks but no thankses to Chloe, Champions, Tummy and Jimmy.

08-14-13, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TL Click to send private message to TL Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
I find it odd how Howie always pushes for dumb but entertaining acts like Tummy Talk then blasts them for dumb, but entertaining performances.

I also find it funny how acts always talk about how they will die if they mess up. I think last year there was a balance act where the guy was surrounded by a ring of fire and he said he would get burned if he fell. Then he messed up and fell and the fire was off before he even got a chance to really feel the heat.

The one guy that actually did get hurt from Chicago Boyz never talked about how dangerous their act is and totally tried to downplay his injury.

08-14-13, 02:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Corvis Click to send private message to Corvis Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
"I find it odd how Howie always pushes for dumb but entertaining acts like Tummy Talk then blasts them for dumb, but entertaining performances."

What made Howie mad was that they didn't turn more people into human instruments. He thought if they went there, they'd really have something. I disagree - it's a stupid act and never should have gone through no matter how many tummies were played.

08-14-13, 04:55 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
You are probably right I don't really remember what Howie specifically said but I think they let these crappy acts in to draw interest, like how a lot of people watch American Idol auditions to see the awful ones.

There were many acts I would have rather seen than tummy talk, like the black guy that sang opera or the black guy that sang country. I guess what bothers me is that Howie often pushes for acts like these that you just know have ZERO chance of seriously competing.

08-15-13, 08:38 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Yeah, I hear ya. He does champion some really stupid acts I think because he thinks it's funny to watch them implode on a big stage. And I think he likes to get the other judges' goat, particularly Howard.

08-14-13, 04:33 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
LAST EDITED ON 08-14-13 AT 04:34 PM (EST)

Sometimes those dumb but amusing acts are worth giving a chance, but typically AGT screws them over instead. Not that Tummy Talk really deserved a chance in the first place, there wasn't much they could do with it except what they did, bring in a few more hands and dress things up differently.

Last season we had Big Barry, who was worth giving a chance because he did have a concept that could have been developed into something. Unfortunately, they locked him into the singing category, which was stupid since he was not a good singer, could not get through a song without messing it up along the way. Had his act been allowed to develop properly as a comic or clown act, though, he had a good initial schtick playing the big man "Short People" character. He could have been massive!

Scarriemonster 12 desperate attention whore postings

08-14-13, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarriemonster Click to send private message to Scarriemonster Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
As if this summer didn't already feel like it's dragging

Honestly, I missed most of the live show, but managed to catch up online. Now I wish I'd missed the results...sort of... Drum roll, please...

And by the way...Howie Mandel needs to lay off of Marty Dacountrysinger, who "flubbed" his performance but was still voted through. The vote is what it is, and every time Mandel brings up Marty he's basically saying the American vote was somehow wrong. Enough already.

>3Penny Chorus and Orchestra (founded in 2012)--I get that there's talent and artistry here. But this isn't the right venue or audience.

>The Robotix, rock band (the drummer's nickname is "Robot")--What, is there a campaign against rock bands going on?

>Aerial Ice, skating stunts/aerials group--You'd think combining skating and aerials would be really exciting. I love everything about this idea, and I was still kind of bored.

Cami Bradley, singer-songwriter--A big blah from me on principle. I'm not a big fan of the singers.

>David Ferman, extreme juggler (at least if you take his word
for it that there actually is anything dangerous about it)--Good point. I suspect this is mostly illusion, except for the parts like him hanging from his ankles. And if it's fake, it's lacking a certain thrill, and that's what comes across in the performance.

>Jimmy Rose, singer-taxidermist--I'm sure he's a lovely fellow but as for his act I can't stand it.

>Champions Forever (Spin-tacular), basketball stunts show--The Globetrotters have already covered this material.

>SensEtion, 3D dancers--And now everybody's doing a light and dance act. That didn't take long to get stale.

>Taylor Williamson, comedian--There's a comic genius taking shape here, and I love people who can make me laugh out loud.

>Timber Brown, self-trained acrobat--Timber...well...this guy has intrigued and enthralled me from the first. Imagine how he could launch this entire new art form!

>Chloe Channell, singer-cutekid--I hate kids who feel the need to perform like adults--or should I say are driven to ape adults.

>Tummy Talk, human drum Niuvaai and his three dumdums---Tell me again, how the hell did this steaming pile get into the semi-finals?

Two questions, my friends:
1) Is there no YouTube show this season?
2) Is there no wildcard show this season?

Keep it reality!

08-15-13, 01:09 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Howie Mandel needs to lay off of Marty Dacountrysinger, who "flubbed" his performance but was still voted through. The vote is what it is, and every time Mandel brings up Marty he's basically saying the American vote was somehow wrong. Enough already.

Agree. America gets what it deserves when America votes, no matter how much one side or the other doesn't like it. Take your complaints to talk radio, Howie. Talk radio is the venue fir nonsense talk and throwing yir imagined weight around, but I like it coz it is just so OTT hysterical.

But can I still dump on the has-been?

Anyways ..

1) Is there no YouTube show this season?

Yes, there is no YouTube competition this year, thank Dawg. I read that earlier this season but couldn't confirm it, but if there were going to be one they would not only have announced it already, made space on their YouTube site for the contendors, plugged it on the TV shows .. it's not happening.

2) Is there no wildcard show this season?

No, there will be a Wild Card week this season, it will amount to Quarterfinal #6 in two weeks. Given the announced finale date of 9/18/13, if they don't skip a week (and why would they?) there has to be either a Wild Card week or a YouTube week, and since the YouTube week would have been promoed to hell and gone by now, it is Wild Card not YouTube.

So.. don't be surprised in two weeks if Howie brings back the prop comic who didn't even make it to Vegas. Not that there isn't a place for prop comics in America, there is, even though the guy was a pretty amateur one of those.

08-15-13, 08:42 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
"And by the way...Howie Mandel needs to lay off of Marty Dacountrysinger, who "flubbed" his performance but was still voted through. The vote is what it is, and every time Mandel brings up Marty he's basically saying the American vote was somehow wrong. Enough already."

America was wrong! LOL I hear what you're saying, but I don't mind Howie bringing it up. If that terrible country singer wins, it'll be a disgrace.

08-15-13, 01:56 AM (EST)
13. "Results"
So, the first acts Nick called to the chopping block this time were:

The Robotix (rock band)
SensEtion (3D dancers)
Tummy Talk (novelty/supposed music act tho really comedy)
David Ferman (supposed danger juggler)

Ug, of this batch The Robotix were the only ones worth giving a move on, coz seriously the band was on it even though the vocalist was over her head. But SensEtion could have gotten a pass for technical difficulties not their fault. But then ..

Nick announced that none of the above was America's choice, they were all eliminated. I'm fine with that but am fed up with this format for announcing winners/losers, it's like just so old now.

Then the Backstreet Boys took the stage, and Dawg they always do the same ol' Olate Dawgs type thing, can't they ever up their act?!! Kidding aside, I enjoyed their performance, the first part was better than the second half; but notably they did not have to suffer the indignity of poor audio mixing that plagued the acts the night before -- these indignities do not have to exist, it is just that the crappola AGT staff let them exist.

Whatever. The next acts Nick called up were:

3Penny Chorus and Orchestra
Cami Bradley

Crud, two acts I would like to have seen move on, but it wasn't to be. Cami got her pass to the semis, so long 3Penny.

The next acts Nick called up were:

Aerial Ice
Jimmy Rose
Champions Forever

Poor choice, and I would have prefered giving Aerial Ice another shot. But nah, America voted through Jimmy Rose, another good ol' country boy. That said, and even though Jimmy is nowhere near being the best vocalist this season, let me note he has improved considerably since his first audition, he really has. He has been putting in the work and is taking the competition seriously, which is commendable even though none of the judges mentioned it. I like this guy much much more than the has-been that passed the grade a couple of weeks ago.

Nick then called up:

Timber Brown
Chloe Channell
Taylor Williamson

No-brainer, Timber was clearly moving on, and so it was.

That left the judges to decide between Chloe and Taylor, and when the judges were split it went to the tie-breaker, how the USofA actually voted, and Taylor Williamson made the grade!!!

RAY!

08-15-13, 08:43 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Results"
I hope they bring Robotix back for the wild card show. The more I think about them, the more I think they have real potential to win it if they find the right song for their singer. They have the cute kids angle going for them and they are an excellent band. They just need a knockout song. I wonder if the drummer can sing?

08-15-13, 01:39 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Results"
If Robotix chose a better song I think they could have made it through to the next round. They are much better than Poplyfe who made it all the way to the end of their season.

I am not surprised by the results. Actually they were pretty much exactly what I predicted. I could see a couple of these acts coming back for the Wild Card, i.e.. Robotix, Aerial Ice, 3Penny. I have the feeling that singers will dominate again this year, after last year's glorious top 10 of no singers. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these country guys wins. Kevin Skinner all over again.

personofinterest 57 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-15-13, 05:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail personofinterest Click to send private message to personofinterest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
I am enjoying all of the comments. Thanks for posting. I am especially thankful for the recap of the results shows because I never know who is the final act chosen by the judges. I refuse to set an extra few minutes on the DVR because I record something else after AGT. Also, if Nick would lower the wait before his announcement to three minutes instead of five, the results could end on time!

I will miss 3Penny, and I think the band was decent the first time I heard them. They have potential as some of you have mentioned. Glad that Taylor went through instead of Chloe. I like him. Heidi needs to think before speaking. Who would take kids to Vegas shows anyway? I did like Taylor's dig about her job being modeling underwear and that isn't appropriate for kids either.

Too many singers making it through. That said, I do kind of like Cami.

How do they choose the line ups? It seems like one show is everyone who made it through without performing in Vegas and the first two shows were really weak.

08-15-13, 09:22 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Wish I knew how they determined the line-ups. Some things, I'm sure, are simply matters of practicality. The brother and sister will be competing against each other next week, those kids need some adult supervision and they are the same adults for both dance pairs, two acts can share one suite. It wouldn't be practical to have the American Military Spouses Choir and the Virginia State University Gospel Chorale and 3Penny Chorus and Orchestra and Innovative Force all show up in the same quarterfinal, they'd need a bigger Orville lounge.

Then there are things like time and travel, who can be available when, some of these performers are professionals with contractual obligations to fulfill outside of AGT/NBC's control. How many acts with special apparatus and so on can be fit into one program? How many acts, like magicians and optical trickery dance groups, are going to need time on the actual performance stage, figuring out placements and the bast camera angles and lighting so on for their presentations? Does anyone even bother with sound checks anymore?

Each program is a massive undertaking that requires a lot of planning and coordination, I've no doubt. Can't have a special trick bird taking off from a building outside after sunset if it won't fly in the dark. Have to arrange for a swimming pool somewhere for the Aquanuts. The human cannonball needs a football field, can we get a football field? We need a space for the Rube Goldberg machine, somewhere safe where no one will disturb anything. It's endless.

Anyway, next week looks to be another mixed bag, could maybe be a good one or not. Big choir, shadow dance company, gymnast-acrobats, kid rap act, the Rube Goldberg machine, comedian, kid contortionist, hankytonk singer, kid dancers, kid dancers, teen singer, daredevil (the one I have actually liked so far).

UndercoverMonk 16 desperate attention whore postings

08-15-13, 07:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail UndercoverMonk Click to send private message to UndercoverMonk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Quarterfinal #4 8/13/13"
Actually (and I can't believe these words are coming out of my mouth)I agree with Howie. I understand that what this show is and what it claims to be are different. And if America likes country music and veterens and sob stories they will get what they want. But this is supposed to be a talent competition where if you screw up your out. Marty screwed up and America made a mistake. That is their choice they voted on story and potential vs performance.

After the horrid first week of results (the format I mean) AGT has really stepped up. I continue to enjoy the behind the scenes look where you see the other acts and judges reactions. Last week Jason Durulo killed and L forgot just how good of singers the backstreet boys are. Why did the boy band genre crash and burn again LOL.

This week I thought it was obvious who Americas top 4 was. And the singers this week whil not my cup of tee at least brought it. Im not outraged just quietly dissapointed. Hope to see 3 penny or David Fermen in the Wildcard show. We got an interesting lineup next week. Looks like AGT will be pimping the sibling rivalry again for the dancing kids. Oone will be falling to the wayside. Looking forward to Sprice though.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •