The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Semis & Final Thread 2012"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-24-12, 12:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Semis & Final Thread 2012"
LAST EDITED ON 08-24-12 AT 11:05 PM (EST)

Hey, everybody, end of the season! If what I've read online is correct we have only three more weeks of suffering to endure.

Over the next two weeks 12 (twelve) acts each from the Top 24 will perform, but each of those weeks only three (3) acts will move on to the Top 6 Finalists. With the finalists competing for the top spot in the Final week, ONE (1!) only.

So, who do we lvoe, who do we htae, time to speak up.

Roster for semi-final #1:

Academy of Villains, dance crew (youtube)
Andrew De Leon, singer (wild card)
Bria Kelly, singer (youtube)
Donovan & Rebecca, acrobats (judges choice)
Edon (Pinchot), singer (judges choice)
Eric Dittelman, mind reader (judges choice)
Joe Castillo, light and sand artist
The Scott Brothers, dancers
Todd Oliver and Irving, ventriloquist (wild card)
Tom Cotter, comedian
Turf (Alonzo Jones), contortionist/dancer
William Close, musician

Roster for semi-final #2:

All That! clogging group (judges choice, wild card)
All Wheel Sports, stunts team (judges choice)
Clint Carvalho & His Extreme Parrots, animal act (judges choice, youtube)
David Garibaldi and His CMYK's, performance artist
Jacob Williams, comedian
Lightwire Theater, performance art
The Magic of Puck, magician (youtube)
Olate Dogs, animal act
Sebastien "El Charro de Oro", singer with band (wild card)
Shanice & Maurice Hayes, singers
Tim Hockenberry, singer
The Untouchables, dance troupe

edited to include a link to the TVG AGT listings page
http://www.tvguide.com/tvshows/americas-got-talent/tv-listings/280608

America's Got Talent: TV Listings
Click here for your local listingsPrint listings
Next episode: America's Got Talent Live Tue, Aug 28 8:00 PM
NBC
Twelve semifinal acts perform.
full episode description

NBC Tue, Aug 28
8:00 PM America's Got Talent Live

NBC Wed, Aug 29
9:00 PM America's Got Talent Live
Three acts advance to the Top 6. Neon Trees perform.

NBC Tue, Sep 4

NBC Thu, Sep 6
Three acts advance to the Top 6. Gym Class Heroes perform with Ryan Tedder.

Unfortunately, TVG only goes two weeks out. But the live audience tickets vendor only has tickets for the next three week even though they list tickets up to 60 days in advance.
http://on-camera-audiences.com/shows/Americas_Got_Talent

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Final Weel Info dabo 08-26-12 1
 RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012 frankz 08-27-12 2
   RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012 dabo 08-28-12 3
 Semi #1 8/28/12 dabo 08-29-12 4
   RE: Semi #1 8/28/12 susang 08-29-12 5
   RE: Semi #1 8/28/12 frankz 08-29-12 6
   Results dabo 08-30-12 7
 Semi #2 9/4/12 dabo 09-05-12 8
   RE: Semi #2 9/4/12 susang 09-05-12 9
       RE: Semi #2 9/4/12 frankz 09-06-12 10
   RE: Semi #2 9/4/12 frankz 09-06-12 11
   Results dabo 09-07-12 12
 Rate the Finalists dabo 09-07-12 13
   RE: Rate the Finalists dabo 09-09-12 14
       RE: Rate the Finalists susang 09-10-12 15
 Top6 Final 9/12 dabo 09-13-12 16
   Results dabo 09-14-12 17
       RE: Results frankz 09-14-12 18
           Season 7 -- Final Thoughts susang 09-15-12 19
       RE: Results Max Headroom 09-17-12 20
           RE: Results dabo 09-17-12 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

08-26-12, 04:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Final Weel Info"
LAST EDITED ON 08-26-12 AT 04:48 PM (EST)

^ (lol, should be week)

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20120824nbc12/

09/12/2012 (09:00PM - 10:00PM) (Wednesday) : SIX ACTS PERFORM IN THE FINAL ROUND OF COMPETITION
The six acts voted through to the finals compete one last time for America's vote and a chance to win the $1 million prize. Howie Mandel, Sharon Osbourne and Howard Stern star. Hosted by Nick Cannon.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/listings/20120824nbc15/

09/13/2012 (08:00PM - 10:00PM) (Thursday) : STAR-STUDDED LIVE FINALE RESULTS SHOW
"America's Got Talent" host Nick Cannon will reveal who has been chosen as the most talented act in America and award the $1 million prize in this special 2-hour finale show. The evening will include special performances by guests including chart-topping superstar Justin Bieber. Howie Mandel, Sharon Osbourne and Howard Stern star.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-27-12, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012"
OK, as usual, the semi-finals are unbalanced. I have 6 from the first semi-final

Andrew De Leon, singer
Eric Dittelman, mind reader
Todd Oliver and Irving, ventriloquist
Tom Cotter, comedian
William Close, musician

and only one from the second

Olate Dogs, animal act

Of course it will depend on final performances but I see the first week as loaded and the second week as weak.

08-28-12, 11:01 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Semis & Final Thread 2012"
Yes, it does depend on their performances, and I tend to break it into categories.

dance
Academy of Villains
The Scott Brothers
Turf

This is a tough one, though I think the Scotts are the better, more disciplined dancers. But the Villains have the personnel to do the bigger production, while Turf has his phenominal contortionist ability. Too close to call.

singers
Andrew De Leon
Bria Kelly
Edon

The real kid in this group, Edon, wouldn't stand a chance against the singers in the next semi, though I expect he will turn in a competent performance. Andrew does have a phenominal instrument, though untrained, and his inexperience as a performer is a serious drawback. Bria has the package, good voice and knows how to perform, but is still in the amateur ranks, climbing the ladder. If Bria makes a good song choice she could take it this week in this category, otherwise Andrew has the edge with his unique gift.

comedy
Todd Oliver and Irving
Tom Cotter

It will come down to material, and Todd unfortunately has only one week between performances to devise a new routine. He has a great gimmick, though, and should do well. Tom is pure stand-up, with great timing and delivery, and so should do better. Comedy is risky, however, and in a politically charged climate if either touches the third rail and offends either extremes on the right or the left, game over.

and the rest
Donovan & Rebecca
Eric Dittelman
Joe Castillo
William Close

I think William is the clear stand-out in this group who has already proven he has an act potentially worthy of a Vegas show in itself. Still, he does need to find a way to step it up, not do yet another variation of what we've seen before. Donovan & Rebecca are strong contendors who could potentially steal it away from William. Eric, though a competent mesmerist and performer, has most likely reached the end of his run. Which leaves Joe, who unfortunately is at the mercy of the directors and cameramonkeys. I think Joe could do very well but only if the directors and monkeys let it be a steady shot on the art in progress so the audience at home can actually follow what is happening, feel the magic.

08-29-12, 01:28 AM (EST)
4. "Semi #1 8/28/12"
LAST EDITED ON 08-29-12 AT 01:30 AM (EST)

Pretty good show this week, enjoyed it, though not as strong as I thought it would be. And let's get one thing out of the way first, before I get to the individual performances: sound quality tonight was the pits. However well the singers may have sounded to the live audience, on TV they didn't sound all that good, including the singers in the William Close act. And stage/lighting distractions got in the way of three (at least) of the other acts.

01. Andrew De Leon, singer. Much abused song, not a knockout performance. He still has an impressive instrument but his inexperience was sorely obvious this time.

02. Todd Oliver, ventriloquist. Liked the routine, had a few laughs, seemed derivative though.

03. Donovan & Rebecca, acrobats. Incredible, awesome, impressive, I hope the bad staging doesn't hurt their chances.

04. Edon, singer. I really was not at all impressed, but then I actually couldn't hear his singing much of the time as the music drowned him out.

05. Scott Brothers, dancers. Loved it, great dancing! Real dancing! The make-up and costuming made them seem like street performers, unfortunately, but I was really impressed otherwise.

06. Dittelman, mind reader. Well done mind reading routing with Howard though the triangle/circle thing was a basic law of probability once he eliminated square.

07. Turf, contortionist/dancer. How can you claim to be doing more dance and then spend most of your time standing in one spot not dancing? Should have been buzzed.

08. Bria Kelly, singer. Loved the song choice, sang well enough, did not possess the stage though, stood in one spot and did not emote.

09. Joe Castillo, light and sand artist. Absolutely loved this one, hope he gets through.

10. William Close, musician. Enjoyed this performance but he didn't really step it up much from his quarterfinal performance, still seems like the most Vegas-worthy act of the season.

11. Tom Cotter, comedian. Good routine, a bit risque, should get a lot of votes.

12. Academy of Villains, dance troupe. Enjoyable performance marred by bad TV directing and horrible staging causing them (with their costumes) to vanish into the stage at times.

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-29-12, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Semi #1 8/28/12"
My SF1 favorites: Todd Oliver, Joe Castillo, William Close, Tom Cotter

08-29-12, 03:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Semi #1 8/28/12"
A maddening week. How do you pick three?

The only easy no’s I have are:
Andrew De Leon, singer. Love the story but he’s just not ready. I wouldn’t watch him for an hour if it was free.
Edon, singer. Never understood the adoration.
Turf, contortionist/dancer. Five minutes of him is more than enough.
Bria Kelly, singer. Not ready.
Academy of Villains, dance troupe. I’m not a dance fan.

Leaving me with 7 to choose from.
The three I would pay to see for an hour are:

Donovan & Rebecca, acrobats
William Close, musician

However, Donovan & Rebecca won’t make it. The teeny boppers won’t vote for them. I have the same concern for Joe Castillo, but he might squeak through. I think Close is a pretty sure shot, especially after the judges continued to fawn over him.

I think Dittelman (quite impressive trick) and Todd Oliver have a chance. I enjoyed both of them as well. Tom Cotter is a seasoned professional. I’d go see him in a club but probably not Vegas. And a comedian will never win this show.

08-30-12, 01:15 AM (EST)
7. "Results"
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-12 AT 01:18 AM (EST)

I have to say, I like the way they did the results tonight. Considering the change from a Top 10 finalists to a Top 6 finalists this year, they changed it up very well to build excitement. And for a results show at this stage of the competition I was quite pleased with the results. Mostly.

Nick called out four groups of three at a time to announce which 1 of each group was in the Top 4 for the week,which two would go home, with the Top 4 called out at the end for the final decisions which would be the three finalists from this week.

Group 1

05. Scott Brothers, dancers.
07. Turf, contortionist/dancer.
09. Joe Castillo, light and sand artist.

Whoa, two of the four acts I voted for this week, and Turf. I had a tense few moments there thinking oh no I might lose two of my four right off the bat. But then Nick announced Joe Castillo was in the Top 4, yay!

Group 2

01. Andrew De Leon, singer.
10. William Close, musician.
12. Academy of Villains, dance troupe.

William was another act I voted for this week, so naturally I was rooting for him. And yay, he made it!

Group 3

02. Todd Oliver, ventriloquist.
03. Donovan & Rebecca, acrobats.
04. Edon, singer.

Oh boy, D&R, last of the acts I voted for this week, am I on a roll?!! Tense tense, and then Todd Oliver moved on instead. Oh well, I do like Todd, I just like Donovan and Rebecca more.

And, man oh man, variety is rockin' it this week, the dancers are all out and only one singer remaining.

Group 4

06. Dittelman, mind reader.
08. Bria Kelly, singer.
11. Tom Cotter, comedian.

With no acts I voted for this week in this bunch, I figured it would come down to Cotter or Dittelman, but if Bria made it through I wouldn't be upset, she was the best of the singers this week. But then Nick announced Tom Cotter was in the Top 4 for the week.

Hokey smokes, no singers or dancers!!! Variety knocked out a grand slam this week!

Top 4

02. Todd Oliver, ventriloquist.
09. Joe Castillo, light and sand artist.
10. William Close, musician.
11. Tom Cotter, comedian.

First Nick announced that William Close is our first finalist. Then Nick announced that Tom Cotter is our second finalist. Then it was up to the judges to decide between Joe and Todd which would be our third finalist.

Howard voted Todd.
Sharon voted Joe.
and then ...
Howie voted Joe!

Great week for variety, we have a performance artist, a musician, a comedian through to the final round!

09-05-12, 01:26 AM (EST)
8. "Semi #2 9/4/12"
Results on Thursday this week.

01. All That! cloggers. These guys gave a much better performance this time than last time, though I was disappointed that stepping it up meant sparks from their shoes and then clogging in puddles.

02. Sebastien "El Charro de Oro," singer with marichi band. Kid has pipes no doubt, but in a lot of places this time it seened flat until the big finish, thanks for showing up.

03. The Magic of Puck, magician. Very enjoyable set, I wouldn't mind if he made it to the next round. Performancewise, though, he goofed in a couple of places, slightly, and one of the assistants messed up at the end. Lvoe him, but stage magic is all about control, perfection, and it just didn't happen.

04. Clint Carvalho and his Extreme Parrots. Knockout performance, Kitty is obviously his star performer. Probably the end of the road for this act, but way to go out pulling no punches.

05. Jacob Williams, comedian. The material was good, the presentation was lacking. Practice practice practice.

06. Shanice and Maurice Hayes, singers. Wonderful singing, wish he really had let her shine in the spotligt more.

07. All Wheel Sports, stunts team. Their best presentation yet, very good direction, choreography, and only a few very annoying camera angles distracting from the performance. And notably the cheer squad was practically invisible this time. Very unfortunate failed stunt, fall, ruined it.

08. Tim Hockenberry, singer. One of my favorite songs of all time edited for time. Frustrating for me, love the song, loved the performance, hate the editing for time that made a mockery of an anthem for my generation. I will forgive Tim, not his fault, and just say well done.

09. The Untouchables, dance troupe. Love these kids, really do, and I thought they stepped it up very well with much better costumes, the tango theme and the quickchange (sorta) bit for the ladies. A bit disappointed that culturally they keep going to the same well, but they've pretty much exhausted that well (flamenco is about the only thing left), and with only one week to go to the finale and am wondering what they can do next.

10. Olate Dogs, animal act. Very impressive, though it is starting to get repetative.

11. Lightwire Theater, performance art. Amazingly, the stepped up 3D effects actually worked for me! Excellent! Wish they had done more with the light sabers, but well done.

12. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's, performance art. Bingo. I got what Howard said about the audience getting distracted, and the dancer/tumblers on the fringes were distracting, but when they telegraphed the art was Lady Liberty my attention was fully back on center stage womdering how it would all come together. Well done.

09-05-12, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Semi #2 9/4/12"
My SF2 favorites: David Garibaldi & His CMYK's, Lightwire Theater, Tim Hockenberry, Olate Dogs

09-06-12, 08:33 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Semi #2 9/4/12"
I agree with you. I’m not a big fan of Tim Hockenberry but I think this is our final 4. I think the judges will have to vote on David Garibaldi and Hockenberry with Garibaldi going home.

09-06-12, 09:08 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Semi #2 9/4/12"
I still think there were 6 finalists in the first week. It’s a shame they do it the way they do, but . . . . there can ultimately only be one winner.

01. All That! cloggers. The fire and ice wasn’t enough. The road ends here.

02. Sebastien "El Charro de Oro," singer with marichi band. I didn’t think it was a very good performance.

03. The Magic of Puck, magician. Not bad. I like magicians so I’m biased. He might be a darkhorse for final 4 but won’t make final 3.

04. Clint Carvalho and his Extreme Parrots. We saw this exact performance at a recent Renaissance festival, outside with owls and falcons. Not a Vegas act.

05. Jacob Williams, comedian. Not a very good performance. One comedian is enough. Cotter is so much better.

06. Shanice and Maurice Hayes, singers. Agree. She’s the star. He hogged the stage too much.

07. All Wheel Sports, stunts team. I enjoyed it but too much going on. An hour of this would be tedious.

08. Tim Hockenberry, singer. Everyone loves him. I think he’s ok. He doesn’t do a Joe Cocker as well as Belushi though. He’ll be in the final 4.

09. The Untouchables, dance troupe. It’s hard to remember they are 7 to 13 years old while watching them, but they are. I think they end here, like their mentor with Miami All-Stars.

10. Olate Dogs, animal act. A great act, however an hour of this is too much. They will make final 4 though.

11. Lightwire Theater, performance art. Good job. Should make final 4.

12. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's, performance art. I couldn’t remember who this was until I saw them. Good performace. Will make final 4.

09-07-12, 00:59 AM (EST)
12. "Results"
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-12 AT 01:00 AM (EST)

Wow! Just... ... ...WOW!

Group 1
01. All That! cloggers.
06. Shanice and Maurice Hayes, singers.
11. Lightwire Theater, performance art.

Lightwire moves on to the Top 4 of the week, say good-bye to All That! and Shanice and Maurice.

Group 2
02. Sebastien "El Charro de Oro," singer with mariachi band.
05. Jacob Williams, comedian.
12. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's, performance art.

David Garibaldi and His CMYK's into the Top 4, say good-bye to Jacob and Sebastien.

Group 3
04. Clint Carvalho and his Extreme Parrots, animal act.
07. All Wheel Sports, stunts team.
10. Olate Dogs, animal act.

Olate Dogs get the nod, it's good-bye to Clint and Kitty and AWS.

Group 4
03. The Magic of Puck, magician.
08. Tim Hockenberry, singer.
09. The Untouchables, dance troupe.

It came without ribbons. It came without tags. It came without packages, boxes, or bags.

And then Nick announced that The Untouchables had made it, say so long to Tim and Puck!

And think about what you done, America, just think about what you done! NO SINGERS IN THIS YEAR'S AGT FINALE RUN, NO SINGERS!!!

WOW!

Of the remaining Top 4 of the week, Nick first announced that The Untouchables were moving on to the finale. He next announced that... Olate Dogs were in the finale.

That left David Garibaldi and Lightwire Theater to face the dreaded judges choice. Sharon called it a travesty that two such deserving acts were in this position, then voted Lightwire. Howie agreed it was a travesty and then voted Garibaldi. The Ego made it all about himself and then voted, surprising, with Howie. Garibaldi is through, say a sad good-bye to Lightwire.

09-07-12, 01:37 PM (EST)
13. "Rate the Finalists"
Well, we have our six finalists, and next week at this time we'll know the winner. How they will actually do should, of course, be based on their performances next week. But anyway, our players are...

David Garibaldi and His CMYK's, performance art and dance.

Joe Castillo, light and sand performance art.

Olate Dogs, trained trick dogs.

Tom Cotter, comedian/stand-up comic.

William Close, musician (and his troupe).

The Untouchables, dance troupe.

What are their chances, how do they rank against one another, based on their performances up to this time? What do I know, I'll have to figure out how I would rank them now, back later.

09-09-12, 03:01 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Rate the Finalists"
LAST EDITED ON 09-09-12 AT 03:11 PM (EST)

Okay, I'll go first. These are just my opinions and are not intended to reflect the opinions of RTVW or it's staff or anyone but me.

06. Olate Dogs. Love these dogs, best dogs ever, but as far as the act goes, they repeat themselves a lot. Upping the ante involves, basically, just bringing in a different dog or two that know different tricks, that's what they've done every time. I can understand that that might be necessary, but I doubt they'll do a spectacular enough set put themselves in a position to win.

05. Joe Castillo. Love what he does, it is very emotional and packed with message, but the act is lacking in excitement compared to other acts and there is no way to try to fix that without detracting from the main act itself.

04. The Untouchables. Love these kids, they are fabulous dancers, and I would love to see them put themselves in strong contention for the win. But they are kids, limited in what they can do by their level of training, and with only one week to perfect their final performance at a serious disadvantage.

03. David Garibaldi and His CMYK's. As with the Untouchables, at a disadvantage having only one week to perfect a final performance. Should be able to top their previous performance but everything has to go off perfectly.

02. William Close. Song choice will make a huge difference this time, needs to be big and bold. And unfortunately his singers just aren't great singers; good enough singers, not terrible or anything, but just not that impressive.

01. Tom Cotter. Very practiced comedian who has his craft down, he flies without a net, just himself and his material, and he delivers every single time. Solo acts have won every season of AGT, I don't expect that to chance this year. (And Joe is the only other truly solo act remaining; William is the lead star of his group.)

09-10-12, 01:26 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Rate the Finalists"
The matchup between Joe Castillo and David Garibaldi & His CMYK's should be interesting

09-13-12, 00:27 AM (EST)
16. "Top6 Final 9/12"
Very much enjoyed the show tonight. My assessment of the acts:

01. David Garibaldi & His CMYK's, performance art/dance. Well, not so much dance this time, but that's okay. He was much better this week than last week, great song choice for one thing. I mean, you know, The Who, how could that go wrong. I was afraid, actually, given the song choice that the end result would be something, you know, (whispery voice) political. But it turned out to be Einstein! Brilliant!

02. Tom Cotter, comedian. Great material, great timing, kept it coming, my only comnplaint would be the waste of time roll the dice at the beginning of the set, he could have given us more funny!!!

03. The Untouchables, dance troupe. Unfortunately, these kids disappointed this week, it wasn't as good as what we've seen before. Part of the problem, I really believe, is they just didn't have enough time to perfect the routine, so they were sloppy in places. The biggest problem, and not the fault at all of the kids, it was just a horrible routine concept to begin with, and poorly choreographed at that.

04. Joe Castillo, performance art. Loved it, loved how he added an exciting element with the band and song choice, loved how he switched from heart-tugging inspiring message to just let's have fun this time, thought it all worked very well. Well enough to win? Not by a longshot. But I very much enjoyed it all the same.

05. William Close and the Earth Harp Collective. Very familiar patriotic song choice, very well done, very good singing this time even. I do think the limitations of the instrument itself are starting to show, but minor quibble.

06. Olate Dogs, trick dogs. Did pretty much what I expected they would do, a lot of the same tricks we've seen before and another new dog added to the mix to change things up a little. Enjoyable, best dogs ever, but to me the act just lacks depth, and the trainers have little imagination. I have no arguments with anyone who likes it enough to vote for it this week, I'm just not one of them.

And my votes this week, I limited myself to voting for only two acts since it is the final vote to decide who wins, and it was actually a very difficult decision. But in the end I voted for Garibaldi and Cotter.

09-14-12, 01:06 AM (EST)
17. "Results"
Wow, what a wild ride of a season, and a great finale! Well, Blue Man Group and Green Day were great anyway, otherwise there was the usual ammount of filler in a show to announce results that really could take all of 20 seconds to announce.

And lots of commercials, boy oh boy does

America's Got Commercials!

Anyway, the results.

Sixth Place: The Untouchables
Fifth Place: Joe Castillo
Fourth Place: David Garibaldi & His CMYK's
Third Place: William Close
Second Place (runner-up): Tom Cotter

And the Winner of America's Got Talent 2012: Olate Dogs!

Huh? How did that happen? Oh well, I said earlier this season if it were possible for an animal act to win AGT Olate Dogs would be the ones to do it.

Never voted for them once all season, not one single time. Heh, go figure.

09-14-12, 08:22 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Results"
Yeah, that was disappointing. But Howie’s predicition was correct. He preferred William Close.

"I do . I actually do. I think William Close, the guy that plays the Earth harp, is the guy I'd put my money on if I have to invest. I don't think the audience is going to pick him. I think the audience is going to pick Olate Dogs or Tom Cotter because it's easier for them to connect with a human being or dogs," Mandel said during a Wednesday morning appearance on NBC's Today show.

All 6 acts did a good job, this was hard but my picks were

06. The Untouchables, dance troupe. Very talented kids, they’ll go far. This wasn’t a good performance.

05. Olate Dogs, trick dogs. Very good but limited. The dogs all do the same tricks, over and over. 10 minutes of them is more than enough.

04. David Garibaldi & His CMYK's, performance art/dance. I like him and would go see him but only one can win.

03. Joe Castillo, performance art. I really like him. I’ve said a few times he should team up with William Close. Now THAT would be a show.

02. William Close and the Earth Harp Collective. He has been my favorite since day 1. But I think Tom Cotter was better in the finals. I would certainly pay to see them. The judges keep mentioning how much better this is live. I hope I find out some day.

01. Tom Cotter, comedian. He is very talented and I can’t believe he has not been “discovered” yet. I actually enjoyed his bit with Joan Rivers (who I can’t stand). The door is open for him now. He’ll make much more than the $25,000 a year (before taxes) the winner gets. (Yep, it’s $1,000,000 over 40 years). He’s been a favorite all season and moved into my first place after the finals.

A great season. No singers in the final. I hope all of the judges come back but we already know Sharon won’t. Howard isn’t sure he will be back either. He has commented (several times) that the schedule was a lot more hectic than he anticipated. He’s “weighing his options.”

Dabo - Thanks for the timely and informative updates. See you next season.

09-15-12, 01:20 PM (EST)
19. "Season 7 -- Final Thoughts"
Season 7 was a vast improvement over S6.

Liked the elimination of Top Ten Week.

Overrated: Turf, Edon, Sebastien "El Charro de Oro".

Underrated: Lindsey Norton.

Assessing the Final performances by Joe Castillo and David Garibaldi & His CMYK's, I was slightly disappointed that JC chose to create portraits of the judges. Conversely, DG really stepped it up. The Einstein painting was more professional than the previous work, The Statue of Liberty.

Last, but not least, congratulations to Olate Dogs.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-12, 09:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Results"
I didn't watch much of this season, but when I tuned into the finals, I was stunned to see no singers. None. After deriding the show as "America's Got Singers" so many times, I was floored to see a final 6 with zero singers. Wow.

It was even more surprising to see a dog act win it all, but the Olate Dogs had an entertaining act from what I saw.

09-17-12, 11:46 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Results"
but the Olate Dogs had an entertaining act from what I saw.

Yep, it is definately a great trick dog act. It's one of those acts that floors you the first time you see it. But they repeat a lot of those tricks time after time, by the third or fourth viewing of pretty much the same thing it gets boring.

Still, going to an Olate Dogs show; if the kids were little, like throwing a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese, you know it's going to be a long day for you but the kids will have a blast.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •