The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Season 7 Audition Episodes"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-12, 01:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Season 7 Audition Episodes"
Begin airing Monday, 5/14, oh the horror. You've been warned.

Official Site

Welcome back, let's have fun.

Jump in whenever you want with whatever you have to add, let me know if there are any auditions I should pay attention to as prospectives or just ohmyhecks.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Howard promises to actually judge p... Estee 05-10-12 1
   RE: Howard promises to actually jud... dabo 05-14-12 2
       RE: Howard promises to actually jud... Estee 05-14-12 3
 RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes jbug 05-16-12 4
   RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes dabo 05-16-12 6
       Amend That dabo 05-18-12 7
       RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes jbug 05-18-12 8
 RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes susang 05-16-12 5
 youtube dabo 05-20-12 9
   RE: youtube dabo 06-08-12 18
 Week 1 dabo 05-20-12 10
   RE: Week 1 jbug 05-21-12 11
 Week 2 dabo 05-23-12 12
   RE: Week 2 Estee 05-23-12 13
 Week 3 dabo 05-30-12 14
   RE: Week 3 frankz 06-01-12 15
   RE: Week 3 jbug 06-04-12 16
 Week 4 dabo 06-08-12 17
   Poe Snidget 06-08-12 19
       RE: Poe dabo 06-08-12 20
       Update dabo 06-11-12 21
 Week 5 dabo 06-13-12 22
 Week 6 dabo 06-19-12 23
   RE: Week 6 Max Headroom 06-20-12 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

05-10-12, 06:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Howard promises to actually judge people."
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/howard-stern-reality-judges-need-give-criticism-even-if-it-hurts-1029500.php

Which for this calendar year to date may make him a minority of one.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-14-12, 07:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Howard promises to actually judge people."
Well, let me know how Stern does. Won't be able to watch or record tonight's show, and four hours of auditions in one week I would probably hate anyway, so let me know any acts to look forward to. Thought they used to repeat the episodes on some other netwrok but can't seem to find it.

05-14-12, 09:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Howard promises to actually judge people."
OXYGEN this year, with lots and lots of reruns.

I only caught bits and pieces of the first hour: they pulled an X-Factor by making the first thirty minutes into Trial By Epic Fail, and then brought out the world's largest harp. After that, penultimate House. Priorities.

Howard's seen enough of the Weirdsville population over his career not to be thrown by much, and the producers designed the opening act order to show that. Unfortunately, it had the side effect of discouraging the audience, but...

And the PTC is really going to hate the intro music. Sympathy for the devil indeed.

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-12, 10:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes"
I missed the first ep?
They usually rerun, right?

Agman brightens my life May 2012

05-16-12, 03:21 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes"
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-12 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

It's on Mondays and Tuesdays this year, don't know why the change. No reruns of this week's episodes on the schedule, but I guess they are/will air on Oxygen (which I don't get). The episodes are also available on the official site.

Stern is certainly different from Piers, so far no judge rivalries have developed from what I saw. Granny G was a hoot.

05-18-12, 12:36 PM (EST)
7. "Amend That"
LAST EDITED ON 05-18-12 AT 12:38 PM (EST)

Either I missed it on the tracker before or the TV line-up was corrected on the tracker.

1st episode re-airs Saturday at 8PM (Eastern).
2nd episode re-airs Sunday at 7PM (Eastern).

NBC

05-18-12, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes"
the rivalry between Piers & Howie last season was stoopid & got old real fast.
Just like the one between Cowell & Ryan Seacrest.
Childish & dumb

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

05-16-12, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Season 7 Audition Episodes"
I'm not a HS fan, but I think he did a good job

05-20-12, 00:54 AM (EST)
9. "youtube"
parking this here as a placeholder/reminder

http://www.nbc.com/news/2012/05/07/americas-got-talent-announces-third-annual-youtube-snapple-auditions/index.php

Following the June 1 deadline, producers will select 20 acts for the YouTube community to view and vote for their favorites. The #1 YouTube act with the most qualifying votes will gain a place on the YouTube Snapple quarterfinal performance episode. 11 other acts found on YouTube will also perform on the special live show and will be competing for slots in the semi-finals.

06-08-12, 02:59 PM (EST)
18. "RE: youtube"
more parking

http://www.youtube.com/user/AmericasGotTalent/Contest

Come back on June 25th to see who made it to the next round and VOTE for your favorite. 12 acts will perform on the special AGT/YouTube Snapple show on NBC on August 14 and 15, and 1 will be selected by YOU!

05-20-12, 01:26 AM (EST)
10. "Week 1"
LAST EDITED ON 05-20-12 AT 10:46 PM (EST)

Acts that passed.

William Close, musician who creates his own instruments. Don't know how he's going to top the earth-harp.

Elements Dance Cru, innovative cloggers mixing various styles.

All Wheel Sports, stunts with bikes, inline skates, skateboards, trampoline, cheer stuff; the way they were edited down to a highlight reel, plus there were so many of them and it was all so busy, I couldn't form an opinion.

Amazing Elizabeth, 6-year-old acrobat performed aerial silks.

Chris La Vrar, rapper.

Alexa and Jorge Narvaez, father and 7-year-old daughter singers, okay singing, but she's a natural comedienne who whips them out instantly.
Howard: My father never played guitar for me.
Alexa: I hope you don't cry.
Cute, but they are already semi-pros/pros having their own YouTube following and having done some commercials.

Ben Blaque, crossbow marksman.

Lightwire Theater, this year's Fighting Gravity/Team iLuminate; some interesting innovations, I'll pass on griping about the poor television viewability aspect of their show since it was the audition and they had no control over presentation and editing.

Serengeti Steve, animal trainer; stick a scorpion in your mouth and go to Vegas, I don't get it, sounds like a community chest card in the Mad version of Monopoly.

Todd Oliver and Irving, ventriloquist with live dog as dummy; I loved it, wonder if PETA will have a gripe.

Stick and Move Dance Crew, dancing duo, these guys are pretty athletic.

Loyalty Dance Crew, very energetic but I thought they were a bit sloppy and need to find a coach/choreographer, but impressive for a self-built act.

Simply Sergio, singer/dancer; well, actually, forget the dancing, at first it was bad singing and bad dancing that Howie thought was a comedy act, but they gave him a second chance and he switched to his natural operetic voice and won over the theater. Honestly, with some training he might turn into a better singer.

Maurice and Shanice Hayes, father/daughter street singers, 62 and 18.

David Garibaldi and his CMYKs, speed painter with dance.

Cristin Sandu, balancing act.

The Lisa Clark Dancers.

Jarrett and Raja, magician/concert-pianist act.

Micah Gregorio, 14-year-old singer, and yeah okay she can hit it.

Mike Price, juggler.

Dave Burleigh, impressionist.

Luis Meneghin, operetic singer.

Granny G, comedic rappin PSA.

Michael Nejad, innovative musician playing broom and dustpan as flutes.

Tim Hockenberry, singer. Yeah, another one.

Funk Beyond Control, dance crew.

The Emily Ann Band, did a Britney.

Kellan Erskine, comedian.

Martial Arts Flying Dance Studio, dance/acrobatics/etc.

Turf (Alonzo Jones), dancer/contortionist; finished off episode 2 on a high note, some very impressive moves, though I did kind of wish Piers had been there to advise him to dress up.

05-21-12, 04:35 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Week 1"
\Turf had some amazing slow motion moves!
but I was afraid he was going to lose his pants a few times.

05-23-12, 11:41 AM (EST)
12. "Week 2"
And the anti Stern surge continues on the NBC forums. Is anyone posting over there even watching the shows? Is it every day you get to see a 7-year-old cry? Well, actually, it probably is. Sorry, Mir Money.

Got to admit, Howard taking the stage might get old if it goes on too much, but Nick does it too (and better), and if he keeps it to just the audition shows I'm fine with his ego indulgence for the time being.

Acts that are going on to Vegas.

The Flyte Cru, acrobatic slam dunking team.

Max the Acrobat, aerialist.

The New York Irish Dance Company.

Jason Cordero, pianist; another kid, but impressive on the keyboard.

Olate Dogs; maybe the best animal act we've ever seen, but somewhere along the way it is just a dog act.

Horse, whack-a-sac; I mean, honestly, he might belong in the Guinness Book of World Records but I thought this was a family show.

Wordspit the Illest, backpack pop culture arena rap band; good band, interesting act, got to do something about that mouthfull of a genre name.

Burton Cross, grandfather of rap; what you gonna do, what you gonna do, what you gonna do, what you gonna do.

John Pizzi, comedian/ventriloquist; neato, the digital screen replacing the traditional dummy opens up some possibilities and trims transitions down to instantaneous.

Crazeehorse (Donovan & Rebecca), acrobats/aerialists; now that's a strong woman, and sexy as well.

Unity in Motion, gymnastics team.

Ivy Rose, all-girl rock band.

All Beef Patty, female impersonator/singer; hey, as long as it isn't lip-sync that is a genuine talent.

Tom Cotter, stand-up comic.

Stepz (Tyrese Green), dancer; impressive, he should probably team up with Turf and form a new act.

05-23-12, 05:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Week 2"
Is anyone posting over there even watching the shows?

Why would they ever take a chance on forming their own opinions when the PTC has already done the thinking for them?

05-30-12, 11:43 AM (EST)
14. "Week 3"
LAST EDITED ON 05-31-12 AT 00:21 AM (EST)

And oh the suckitude of audition shows continues. They seem to be showing them even more out of order now, episode 5 was the first of the Tampa audition shows but episode 6 wasn't the 2nd, instead it was the second part of the St. Louis auditions, despite the TVGuide saying it was supposed to be Tampa2. To make it worse, we got a montage of acts being told they were going to Vegas, acts whose names we weren't told, not one second of whose performances were shown. But of course we did get to see some performances that were sent packing. Why?

Acts going to Vegas.

Inspire the Fire, singing & dancing troupe (urban glee).

All That! (all male) clogging group.

Alesya Gulevich, hula hoop artist; loved the accent.

Jonathan Hawley, magician; nice routine for an audition of the things they all do at audition.

Boss, (all male) contemporary dance group; representin' for the nerd, these guys were funny.

The Distinguished Men of Brass aka D-Mo Brass, marching jazz band; they still have room for improvement but looked sharp and obviously had put in plenty of practice hours, triple threat act.

Ulysses, singer-musician; love, exciting and um, lol, old TV theme songs is now a niche.

Isaac Bryan Brown; 6-year-old singer/dancer; I'm betting this kid has a future in commercials.

Spencer Horsman, (world's youngest) escape artist; actually older than he looks, and dangerous as it looked I bet he's never tested that apparatus by placing a person inside it and snapping it shut to see if it actually does kill.

Clark Academy Dancers, juvenile Irish dancers; aw, another little one.

Svet, violinist; so good he only needs one name.

woman with guitar.

man wearing a hoodie and a cap.

five guys and a girl dressed nicely.

Jake Wesley Rogers, singer/musician; a teen sensation.

and, ugh, the predictable horror ...

Cut Throat Freak Show, sideshow gross-out act; I mean, fine, some people like that sort of thing and pay to see it at the sideshow, those who don't like it don't want to see it, no chance of an act like this ever winning AGT, but Howie and Howard over-ruled Sharon, the voice of reason even if she is married to a guy who incorporated the geek bit into his stage persona.

frankz 1210 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

06-01-12, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail frankz Click to send private message to frankz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Week 3"
Dabo
Thanks so much for doing this again this season. It’s nice to have a rundown as I forget most of the acts by the next day. My Mom and I talk about AGT and it’s nice to have a list to refer to.

I enjoyed our debates last year and am looking forward to more. Maybe we’ll get more than 4 people this season.

Thanks again.

Wheelie by RollDdice
There are plenty of businesses like show business

06-04-12, 09:57 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Week 3"
she looks like a human slinky!

06-08-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
17. "Week 4"
LAST EDITED ON 06-13-12 AT 02:13 PM (EST)

Busy busy week this time, but I finally got around to viewing the talents. Got to say, these audition episodes are much less annoying when you can FF through the wadding for the ten minutes or so worth seeing.

Moving on this week!

Sebastian de la Cruz y Mariachi el Charro del Orro, 10 year-old singer with mariachi band; these folks are probably already pros but I do hope they have time in their touring schedule to make it for Vegas week, it was a good set.

Bandaz Brothers, acrobats; actually like a retired uncle and his pro nephew revitalizing a family act and why not, keep a cool mil in the family, who wouldn't?

Timothy Michael Poe, stuttering wounded vet singer/guitarist.

Ganbaatar Contortion, limber sisters.

Edon Pinchot, teen singer (keyboards).

Joe Castillo, light and sand artist; they're coming out of the woodwork this season, but as long as they keep working the patriotic themes the American public will continue to reward them.

David "the Bullet" Smith, Jr., human cannonball; I mean, okay, that's neat to see, but it really is a one-trick pony same as Professor Splash last year.

Aurora Light Painters; another interesting angle on the light show.

Eric Nikolaidas and Olivia Applegate, guitar accompanist and singer; well, she does have an interesting voice, but of course Howard was more interesting in whether they are doing each other yet. Howard, please.

Eric Dittelman, mind-reader; somehow the judges don't understand those tricks work by having an assistant somewhere in the theater sending signals, the blindfold trick is fairly simple, let's see the more complicated Kreskin scams!

Summer Lacy, aerialist/gymnast; hey, even if she wasn't damn good I'd want to see her again. Great stage name... well, great pron name.

Nikki Jensen, singer (guitarist).

B-Boy Elusive (Josh "Elusive" Vinyard), gymnastic dancer; and yeah these pretty incredible solo dance guys, suddenly they're showing up every week!

Andrew De Leon, goth falsetto operetic singer; in all seriousness, despite that he is a singer, pretty damn good, and the world does need one of these. Not the goth stuff, the creepy contacts, plenty of that around. But it has been a few years since we lost the last great castrat-- um, geld-- um, well, you know.

Oo We-oo-oo-oo Oo-oo EEEE
Oo We-oo-oo-oo Oo-oo Walk * Like a * Maa-aaan
Oh how you tried to cut me down to size
Tellin' dirty lies to my friends
But my own father said "Give her up, don't bother
The world isn't comin' to an end"
He said
Walk like a man, talk like a man
Walk like a man, my son
No woman's worth crawlin' on the earth
So walk like a man, my son
Oo We-oo-oo-oo Oo-oo EEEE Oooo
Oo We-oo-oo-oo OO-oo Oooooo

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

06-08-12, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Poe"
Unclear at this point what part of his back story is valid.

http://tv.msn.com/reality-tv/tim-poe-apologizes-americas-got-talent-afghan-injury/story/

06-08-12, 05:36 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Poe"
Like I always say, brain damage is a terrible thing to waste.

06-11-12, 03:56 PM (EST)
21. "Update"
http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/america-got-talent-singer-timothy-michael-poe-never-intended-hurt-anyone-with-military-claims-1029938.php

Poe's fiancee, Carrie Morris, told the newspaper Poe has had memory problems since a 2005 training accident, leading him to believe he served in Iraq and tried to protect fellow soldiers from a grenade attack in 2009 in Afghanistan.

He's sorry "for everything's that's been going on," Morris, of Cleburne, Texas, said. "He is apologizing for the families of the soldiers who have lost their lives. He was apologizing to the soldiers that are upset with him. You know, he doesn't understand everything that's been going on."

Whatever. Military records I don't expect to be as detailed as to choreograph exactly what happened when and where, I would rather rely on the people he served with to know what happened. I could well expect someone who survived a traumatic event to have confused memories of that event, and as well I could expect someone suffering some form of brain damage to be somewhat confused, perhaps even have filled in the blanks in his memory with false memories. Whatever. If Poe lasts until it is America's turn to vote he may not survive that round at this point as many people are upset with him.

06-13-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
22. "Week 5"
LAST EDITED ON 06-15-12 AT 04:20 PM (EST)

Yay! Only one horror show this week, and only one next week! Yay! Getting tired of the auditions, especially the way they cut the episodes. hundreds of acts audition yet somehow they manage to cut it down to a handful few and maybe 10 minutes of talent per episode.

Going to Vegas from this week's nightmare

The Untouchables, dance troupe; brought to us by Mom n' Pop Miami All-stars, this junior version of the act features only children, very good dancers though

The Scott Brothers, part-popping cartoon-style act; um, a pair of dancers I suppose, hope they got more than the robot

Charlie C, singer

Taylor Reed, magician

American BMX Stunt Team

unnamed Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne impersonators

unnamed clogtapping(?) dance gang (Street Beatz it says on one of their shirts)

unnamed drill team

Lindsey Norton, acrobatic dancer; practically an Olympian but better than your average floor routine, she smiled throughout most of it expressing her sparkling personality, very entertaining hyper 16 year-old

Big Barry, singer/entertainer; honestly, it was bad singing, but he has personality

06-19-12, 12:35 PM (EST)
23. "Week 6"
LAST EDITED ON 06-19-12 AT 12:49 PM (EST)

YAY! Last week of the auditions! Well, except the youtube audition thingies that should be up soon. Next week Vegas! YAY! Over 100 acts vying for 48 spots and tickets to Newark! YAY! And then the real show can begin.

Moving on this week an ecclectic bunch of hopefuls.

Lil Starr (Lilian Rose Silva), six year-old dancer; and headband enthusiast.
Howie: Why should I vote for you?
Lilian: Because I was good.

Ben Mendoza and the Midnight Circus, dance/gymnastics troupe; I thought the gymnastics were good but the dancing didn't wow me.

The All Ways, rock band; let's just say they have room for improvement.

unnamed prison-striped dancing or miming or something duo, one of them might have been a girl.

unnamed singer; nice voice.

unnamed comedian/impressionist; but, you know, Nicholson, everyone does Nicholson, these days even Nicholson does impressions of Nicholson.

Nancy Abbate and Estee Cooper, dancers; aka "The Two Bits." Answering that age-old question, what do you get when you combine one of the original Mouseketeers with her Canadian doppleganger.

Jacob Williams, stand-up comedian; surprisingly good original material.

787 Crew, dance group from Puerto Rico!

and finally, because NBC has the Olympics this year...

Mary Joyner, singer; daughter of the late great..

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

06-20-12, 07:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week 6"
I watched last night for the first time this season, and I have to admit that Howard Stern was much better than I expected him to be. The acts moving on? Well, we'll see.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •