The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Can we not have a singer win?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-22-10, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Can we not have a singer win?"
This is the 3rd time a Singer as won AGT.
1) Bianca Ryan
2) Neil E Boyd
3) Kenny Something..
4) Micheal G.

Who should of won was the magiacian. The judges put 7 singing acts through in the top 12. And 4 of them advanaced and 1 unique andvanced.

DO AWAY WITH THE SINGERS!! PLEASE!!! Less Singers more unique acts.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Can we not have a singer win? dabo 09-28-10 1
   RE: Can we not have a singer win? beau_30 09-30-10 2
 RE: Can we not have a singer win? Colonel Zoidberg 10-04-10 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-28-10, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Can we not have a singer win?"
Kevin. Kevin "Chicken Plucker" Skinner.

I doubt they'll get rid of singers though I do wish they would do better with the variety acts. Visual acts like magicians and dancers, in particular, need more careful showcasing, particularly when it is live TV. They need to work with the performers in advance, get all the camera angles worked out for each particular performance, instead they just seem to wing it with the director calling the shots live. It's insane, the TV audience cannot possibly see a good performance that way no matter how spectacular it seems to the live studio audience.

But it is the TV audience casting the majority, near totality, of votes! Give us a better show, better direction!

Like that flame-thrower magician this season. It seemed like he really wowed the studio audience in his last performance, but even playing it back I couldn't make out the magic for all the fireworks going off.

Anyway, that's something they really need to fix on this show. The other thing is they should, if they cannot exclude the singers, bunch them into singers-only quarter-finals and semi-finals. That way they could at least weed out more of them (who aren't going to win anyway) and give the other acts more of a chance.

So, you watching TAR this season. Couple of singers on that one, and it seems after one episode we the audience are sick of the singing already.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

beau_30 943 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-30-10, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail beau_30 Click to send private message to beau_30 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Can we not have a singer win?"
I LIke Harry Potter Though.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

10-04-10, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Can we not have a singer win?"
Let's just face it - unless they totally redo the show, we're stuck with singers who never amount to a damn thing winning it.

I've figured it out - split everyone into four categories. Singers, dancers, "alternative" music acts, and variety acts. By "alternative" I mean groups like Recycled Percussion.

Each act is seedede 1-16 like the NCAA tournament - singers together in one bracket, then dancers, and so on and so forth.

Week 1: All the singers perform. Then, if the 1-seed gets more votes than the 16-seed, they advance; if vice versa, then the 16-seed advances. Week 2 is the dancers, and so on and so forth.

Week 5: All the singers and dancers perform. Within their pairings (1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, etc.) the high vote-getter goes to the Round of 16. Week 6 is the alternatives and the variety peeps.

Week 7: Everyone left performs. (Yes, I know this means 16 acts instead of 12 in a show. Deal with it.) High vote-getter in each bracket goes to the finale.

Finale: All four acts left perform. Winner takes all. If it's a singer, so be it, but at least there's not a total dearth of all else.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •