The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"America's Got Nothing"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

intelligence 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-18-10, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intelligence Click to send private message to intelligence Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"America's Got Nothing"
For the most part I find reality TV to be a waste of time. This season I happened to have a bit of time to flip through the channels and must say I was mesmerized by the true artistic talent and calliber of two particular individuals. Those individuals were Jackie Evancho and Prince Poppycock. The artistry and talent that they displayed was breathtaking. I must say I had to tune in until the end. In my mind I saw something that was so much more about artistry and talent than singing. Too many of these shows are singing. There is no longer art and talent in recording. Today's technology requires no one to have a vocal talent. Prince Poppycock blended artistry, expression, exposure, performance, and many more aspects throughout the season. Jackie left me see that every child out there is not just sitting and stagnating in front of television. The mere fact that a young child can find a love for opera left me believing there is hope for America. Fighting Gravity was unique and talented. Not what America should be striving to have represent talent, but worthy of a chance. Advancing and finishing third is reasonable and acceptable. The dissappointment came when America has voted . . . and the selection to represent America around the world and the talent the nation holds was Michael. He is not a bad performer, but what got him to the finals? What made him the winner? America voted is the answer. America needs to reevaluate itself. This is someone who sang and played guitar. Pick up your local bar magazine and you will find hundreds of people performing in a corner of a local bar and singing. Acts that can be full of talent, but representation of America. America's Got Talent . . . if this is what we have . . . Michael Grimm . . . we need intelligence. I ask be intelligent and be expansive when evaluating performers. Use intellect and critical thinking when voting and tuning in to these reality shows. Michael, congratulations . . . I do not take this opportunity from you. Fighting Gravity best of luck with your exposure here and finding sucess. Prince Poppycock and Jackie may the largest opportunities of sucess befall you. You are true artist and true performers. You have talent beyond compare. There are those that are the minority, but wish that America thought more highly of itself and its intellect to have selected one of you for the winner.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: America's Got Nothing dabo 09-19-10 1
  IceCat 01-10-11 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-10, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: America's Got Nothing"
Welcome aboard.

I hope you understand that:

It's a summer television show
It's not an election
No one is actually America's Official Talent
Only those who watch the show vote
Not all of them vote
Everyone who does vote can do so up to ten times per method so like 30 times total
The voting windows are very short so not everyone who watches actually can vote
and Howie is a cultural ignoramus.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

IceCat 17313 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-10-11, 08:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail IceCat Click to send private message to IceCat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. ""
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •