The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"And the headache-inducing winner is!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences America's Got Talent Forum (Protected)
Original message

dabo 25344 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-04-10, 10:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"And the headache-inducing winner is!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-10 AT 07:17 PM (EST)

Not to step on Mindy's toes, I am anxiously awaiting her critiques, but it has to be said, it demands to be said...

If Mary Ellen gets voted through America's Got No Class! I don't know why this talentless woman got past the auditions.

I didn't think last night was great, though it wasn't as crazy weird as some previous quarter-finals. Acts I'd like to see get through, Anna & Patryck, Rudi Macaggi (though I hated the buzzsaw-of-death danger element), Murray SawChuck. I liked Da Maniacs, at least they had fun despite their combined poundage. ArcAttack was disappointing, Doogie wasn't funny, and it was hard to hear Lindsey Stirling's fiddling over the canned accompany song.

Anyone know what twelve acts will show up next week?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thanks!! mindy23 08-05-10 1
   RE: Thanks!! dabo 08-05-10 2
 RE: And the headache-inducing winne... susang 08-07-10 3
   RE: And the headache-inducing winne... mindy23 08-09-10 4
   RE: And the headache-inducing winne... dabo 08-09-10 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-05-10, 10:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thanks!!"
No toe-stepping here at all! I've had a house full of company, and after watching my DVR's version of the performance AND picks, I really didn't have much to say, anyway.

Except what you said about Mary Ellen. Lord have mercy! She should have never been allowed to step on the stage. How ridiculous is it that every.single.time. she went on, someone had to pull her plug?? NOT FUNNY, HOWIE!!

I have to say, though, I was surprised at the final 3. I did NOT like the buzz-saw of death, either. And am suspecting there is some catch/release element to that saw that hits from the top, and not the side, like the knife that he put on it. BUT, that being said, ArcAttack, and the dancers? I was shocked they were the bottom 2! Wow-I would have expected them to be much further up.

Anyway, I do think the right 3 people/groups went through. Don't know if any of these could or would make it to the final 4, maybe the Prince, but it all remains to be seen. He is quite the mystery to me, and incredibly facinating in that he lives that personna whilst in it. Out of it? He is gorgeous, shy, and someone I'd love to know better!! I hope this is not the last we see or hear of him. He definitely brings a unique quality that I don't remember anyone else bringing to this show. Ever.

So, there you have it. My toes are safe, and my opinins are just that. Opinions.

BTW-does anyone have ANY idea what this YOUTUBE carp thing is that is going on next week??? Please, fill me in, if you do! I am confused!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-05-10, 11:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dabo Click to send private message to dabo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Thanks!!"
LAST EDITED ON 08-05-10 AT 12:13 PM (EST)

Apparently we were supposed to go to the official NBC AGT site, watch every single AGT YouTube audition video, and cast our votes somehow. Having tried in the past to cast votes after an actual show, I don't hold out much hope that their monkeys came up with a good way of simply counting things. Anyway, I'd just let Howie, Sharon and Piers decide by vote, I don't get paid to watch YouTube videos.

The other day I couldn't even find on the official site what acts were the YouTube auditions, couldn't find anything. *

America voted to keep:

Murray! Yes! Even though it was only two tricks, the tiger and then the girl magically appearing behind Howie, it went off without a hitch and he has such a great stage personality.

Taylor Matthews. Well, not a surprise.

Prince Poppycock. The only singer I thought I might vote for during the quarterfinals, he's got a whole act as well as a wonderful singing voice. Not a surprise, I was happy to see him move on.

Good-bye Mary Ellen. America, thank you. I thought Da Maniacs, Nu Covenant and Strikers All Stars were alright, any of them could have earned a spot. Lindsey Stirling, I actually considered voting for her because I think the TV production people were responsible for wrecking her performance. Doogie, sorry, he really isn't funny.

When it came down to Anna & Patryck, ArcAttack, and Rudi Macaggi, yes I too was surprised that they were 4,5,6 in whatever order. Watching Rudi walk off was bittersweet; if he'd just stuck to acrobatics there is enough inherant danger there anyway without the buzzsaw type elements (yes, I'm sure it's dangerous but with some automatic kill in case of a mistake).

ArcAttack and A&P, well we could probably all have predicted Sharon's vote. Shame. ArcAttack is unique and different, but this week I thought they mainly proved why they didn't enter the competition as a rock band, whereas the kids are virtually professional dancers.

* Amend. It seems only one act was voted through by the internet, the other eleven acts next week were selected by "the show" (whatever that means).

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

08-07-10, 01:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: And the headache-inducing winner is!!"
Mary Ellen: Hee-Haw on acid

mindy23 1319 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beef Jerky Spokesperson"

08-09-10, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mindy23 Click to send private message to mindy23 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: And the headache-inducing winner is!!"
>Mary Ellen: Hee-Haw on acid

You'd have to BE on acid to even enjoy that!!

08-09-10, 12:01 PM (EST)
5. "RE: And the headache-inducing winner is!!"
I was going to need a tab if she got voted through. Damn, I just realized, they probably will have her in the horribles on parade bit in the finale.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •